Level 4 · 照片旅行
🎬

E40 · Episodes

040 伦敦古城

伦敦古城

Little Fox · Photo Travels · Episode 40 — 伦敦古城.

63 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

A baker came out of his shop and stared at the boys

一个面包师从店里走出来,盯着男孩们。

旁白 neutral

" Edward, you'd better get back to the tailor shop," said the baker

面包师说:“爱德华,你最好回裁缝店去。”

旁白 neutral

" Your master will be angry."

“你的师傅会生气的。”

旁白 neutral

" I don't care," said Edward

爱德华说:“我不在乎。”

旁白 neutral

" I was born for the stage

“我天生就是为舞台而生的。”

旁白 neutral

I don't want to be a tailor!"

“我不想当裁缝!”

旁白 neutral

" Are you a tailor?' asked Vinnie

维尼问:“你是裁缝吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No, I am an apprentice," said Edward

爱德华说:“不,我是个学徒。”

旁白 neutral

" Apprentice?" asked Vinnie

维尼问:“学徒?”

旁白 neutral

" Young boys need to learn skills for different jobs," said Edward

爱德华说:“小男孩需要学习不同工作的技能。”

旁白 neutral

" My master, the tailor, is teaching me to sew."

“我的师傅,那位裁缝,正在教我缝纫。”

旁白 neutral

" Do you like making clothes?" asked Vinnie

“你喜欢做衣服吗?”维尼问道。

旁白 neutral

" It's all right," said Edward

“还行吧。”爱德华说。

旁白 neutral

" But my talent is wasted sewing shirts and coats

“但缝衬衫和外套可浪费了我的才华。

旁白 neutral

I'm an actor!"

我可是一名演员!”

旁白 neutral

" Really?" said Vinnie, impressed

“真的吗?”维尼佩服地问道。

旁白 neutral

" Where do you work?" Edward asked Vinnie

“你是做什么的?”爱德华问维尼。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I'm not an apprentice," said Vinnie

“哦,我不是学徒。”维尼说。

旁白 neutral

" I go to school."

“我在上学。”

旁白 neutral

" You are very lucky," said Edward

“你真幸运。”爱德华说。

旁白 neutral

" My family is poor, so I must live with the tailor."

“我家很穷,所以我必须和裁缝住在一起。”

旁白 neutral

Suddenly, the boys heard a man calling angrily," Edward! Where are you?"

突然,男孩们听到一个男人生气地大喊:“爱德华!你在哪儿?”

旁白 neutral

" That is my master," sighed Edward

“那是我的师傅,”爱德华叹了口气。

旁白 neutral

" I have to go Vinnie

“我得走了,文尼。

旁白 neutral

I can't practice now

我现在没法练习了。

旁白 neutral

But someday the queen will see my great talent!"

但总有一天,女王会看到我非凡的才华!”

旁白 neutral

" What queen?" asked Vinnie

“什么女王?”文尼问道。

旁白 neutral

" Why, Queen Elizabeth of England!" cried Edward

“当然是英格兰的伊丽莎白女王啦!”爱德华喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Queen Elizabeth?" Vinnie scratched his head

“伊丽莎白女王?”文尼挠了挠头。

旁白 neutral

" Isn't she the queen of England now?" he thought

“她现在不就是英格兰的女王吗?”他想。

旁白 neutral

Mandy might be able to explain it to him

曼迪也许能跟他解释。

旁白 neutral

But where was his sister?

可他的妹妹在哪儿呢?

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile, Mandy felt like crying

这时候,曼迪快要哭出来了。

旁白 neutral

" How did we get separated?" she wondered

“我们怎么会走散了呢?”她心里琢磨着。

旁白 neutral

" Now I'm all alone

“现在就剩我一个人了。

旁白 neutral

How will I get home?"

我该怎么回家呀?”

旁白 neutral

She lifted her skirt to check her scraped knee

她提起裙子,看了看擦伤的膝盖。

旁白 neutral

A carriage drove up alongside Mandy

一辆马车驶来,停在曼迪身旁。

旁白 neutral

A woman wearing a fancy hat looked out

一位戴着精致帽子的女士探出头来。

旁白 neutral

" Are you all right?" she asked Mandy

“你没事吧?”她问曼迪。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, you're bleeding!"

“哦,你在流血!”

旁白 neutral

" It's okay," Mandy said, sniffing

“没事,”曼迪抽着鼻子说。

旁白 neutral

" Where do you live?" asked the woman

“你住在哪儿?”那位女士问道。

旁白 neutral

Mandy bowed her head and didn't answer

曼迪低下头,没有回答。

旁白 neutral

" Let me clean up your knee

“让我给你清理一下膝盖。

旁白 neutral

Charles will take you home later," said the woman

稍后查尔斯会送你回家,”女士说。

旁白 neutral

Undecided, Mandy paused for a moment

曼迪犹豫了一下,停了一会儿。

旁白 neutral

" Charles," she said to the driver," open the door for the little girl."

“查尔斯,”她对车夫说,“给这位小姑娘开门。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, Lady Katherine," replied the driver

“好的,凯瑟琳夫人,”车夫答道。

旁白 neutral

Mandy stared at the woman and then got into the carriage

曼迪盯着那位女士,然后上了马车。

旁白 neutral

" She must be very rich!" she thought

“她一定非常富有!”她想。

旁白 neutral

" I wish Vinnie could meet her!"

“真希望维尼能见到她!”

旁白 neutral

However, Vinnie was seeing a different side of London

然而,维尼此时正见识着伦敦的另一面。

旁白 neutral

Vinnie and Edward arrived at the tailor shop

维尼和爱德华来到了裁缝店。

旁白 neutral

Master Crossland, the tailor, was standing in the door with his hands on his hips

裁缝克罗斯兰师傅正站在门口,双手叉着腰。

旁白 neutral

" So you're hanging out with actors again!"

“你又和那帮演员混在一起了!”

旁白 neutral

said the tailor, looking at Vinnie

裁缝看着维尼说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not an actor, sir," said Vinnie

“我不是演员,先生,”维尼说。

旁白 neutral

" In that case, you are welcome, young man," said the tailor

“既然这样,欢迎你,年轻人,”裁缝说。

旁白 neutral

" Come, it's one o'clock and time to eat

“来吧,一点钟了,该吃饭了。

旁白 neutral

After lunch, maybe you can help Edward with his work."

午饭后,或许你可以帮爱德华做他的活儿。”

旁白 neutral

The tailor then turned to Edward and said

裁缝接着转向爱德华说,

旁白 neutral

" When will you stop dreaming of Shakespeare?"

“你什么时候才能不再做你的莎士比亚梦?”