E15 · Episodes
015 集市之夜
集市之夜
Little Fox Level 7 · Olympic Champion · Episode 15 — 集市之夜.
71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" Delicious." Hermes dabbed his mouth with a cloth and stood up from the dinner table. He glanced at Markos and Julia
“美味。”赫尔墨斯用餐布轻拭嘴角,从餐桌旁站起身来。他瞥了一眼马科斯和朱莉娅。
旁白 neutral
" Too bad Markos and the girl forgot to get more eels, though. I would have liked a third helping."
“可惜马科斯和那姑娘忘了多买些鳗鱼。我本来还想再添一碗呢。”
旁白 neutral
" I'm so sorry, Hermes," Markos' father, Nikolaos, said." I thought we had plenty of eels. It won't happen again."
“实在抱歉,赫尔墨斯,”马科斯的父亲尼可拉斯说道,“我以为我们准备了足够的鳗鱼。下不为例。”
旁白 neutral
" Come, my friend," Caerus told Hermes." Let's find Dionysus and celebrate the fine evening."
“走吧,朋友,”凯罗斯对赫尔墨斯说,“我们去找狄俄尼索斯,共度这美好的夜晚。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes." Hermes shot Brody a frown." Although I'm not much in the mood for celebrating after today's chariot practice."
“好。”赫尔墨斯朝布罗迪皱了皱眉,“不过经历了今天的战车训练,我实在没什么庆祝的兴致。”
旁白 neutral
Without another word the two gods left
两位神祇没再多言,便离开了。
旁白 neutral
Nikolaos frowned at his wife, who was helping Julia and the other girls clear the dishes
尼可拉斯朝正帮着朱莉娅和其他姑娘收拾碗碟的妻子皱起了眉头。
旁白 neutral
" That was an embarrassment," he said." You know that eels are Hermes' favorite!"
“这太丢脸了,”他说,“你明知道鳗鱼是赫尔墨斯的最爱!”
旁白 neutral
" How could I predict he'd eat twice as many as usual?" his wife retorted, sounding grumpy
“我怎么料得到他比平时多吃了整整一倍?”他妻子没好气地回嘴。
旁白 neutral
She snapped her fingers at Markos." Markos! Go to the agora right now and tell the vendor that we'll want more eels this week
她冲着马科斯打了个响指。“马科斯!马上去集市,告诉摊贩这周我们要多订些鳗鱼。”
旁白 neutral
We want only the freshest ones and plenty of them!"
我们只要最新鲜的,而且要多多的!
旁白 neutral
" Yes, Mother." Markos stood up
“好的,母亲。”马科斯站了起来。
旁白 neutral
" We'll come along and help you, Markos," Julia said." Right, Brody?"
“我们跟你一起去帮忙,马科斯,”朱莉娅说。“对吧,布罗迪?”
旁白 neutral
" Huh?" Brody looked up from his meal." I'm not finished eating."
“啊?”布罗迪从饭里抬起头来。“我还没吃完呢。”
旁白 neutral
" Come on," Julia said, yanking on his chiton so hard that Brody was afraid she was going to pull it right off
“来嘛,”朱莉娅说着,使劲拽他的希顿衫,布罗迪生怕她直接给扯下来。
旁白 neutral
He glared at her. Back home he had barely noticed that Julia existed
他瞪着她。在家里他几乎都注意不到朱莉娅的存在。
旁白 neutral
She was just a nerd who never came to the football games or did anything else interesting
她只是个书呆子,从不来橄榄球赛,也不做任何有趣的事。
旁白 neutral
It was a lot harder to ignore her here in ancient Greece. When had she become so assertive?
在这古希腊,想无视她可就难多了。她什么时候变得这么强势了?
旁白 neutral
He sighed loudly and stood up." Fine," he said
他大声叹了口气,站起身来。“好吧,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm exhausted after my long day of training for the Olympics, but whatever."
“我练了一整天奥运项目,累坏了,不过随便吧。”
旁白 neutral
He grabbed one last olive and tossed it into his mouth
他抓起最后一颗橄榄,扔进嘴里。
旁白 neutral
Soon the three of them were walking toward the agora
很快,他们三人就向集市走去。
旁白 neutral
" What do you think?" Julia asked Markos
“你觉得怎么样?”茱莉亚问马科斯。
旁白 neutral
" Is there any chance that Brody will get good enough at chariot racing in time to win at the Games?"
“布罗迪有没有可能在赛前及时提升战车赛的水平,在运动会上获胜?”
旁白 neutral
" Why don't you ask me?" Brody said
“你为什么不问我?”布罗迪说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm the one who has to do it. And controlling a bunch of crazy wild horses isn't as easy as it looks."
“我才是那个要去比赛的人。而且控制一群疯狂野马并不像看上去那么容易。”
旁白 neutral
" It didn't look easy at all," Julia said." That's exactly my point
“看起来一点也不容易,”茱莉亚说。“这正是我想说的。
旁白 neutral
What if you don't improve fast enough?
要是你进步得不够快怎么办?
旁白 neutral
If you don't impress Hermes, he might break his promise to let us leave."
如果你不能给赫尔墨斯留下深刻印象,他可能会违背让我们离开的承诺。”
旁白 neutral
Brody shrugged." I have more than a week to practice. Besides, who cares what Hermes thinks of me right now?
布罗迪耸耸肩。“我还有一周多的时间练习。再说了,谁在乎赫尔墨斯现在怎么看我呢?
旁白 neutral
If I look bad at chariot driving, he'll be even more impressed when I win on the big day!"
要是现在我战车驾驶看着不行,等大赛那天我赢了,他才会更吃惊呢!
旁白 neutral
Julia still looked worried." I don't want to get stuck here in ancient Greece forever."
朱莉娅依然面带忧色。“我可不想永远困在这古希腊。”
旁白 neutral
She glanced over at Markos." Sorry, Markos. I don't mean to offend you."
她瞥了一眼马科斯。“抱歉,马科斯,我不是有意冒犯你。”
旁白 neutral
" Don't worry, I'll win," Brody said." End of story."
“别担心,我会赢的,”布罗迪说。“就这么定了。”
旁白 neutral
By then they were entering the agora
这时,他们正走进市集。
旁白 neutral
Several young men were gathered near a fabric vendor's stall
几个年轻人聚在一个布料摊附近。
旁白 neutral
Brody recognized most of them as other champions. A few waved to him
布罗迪认出了其中多数都是其他冠军。有几个人朝他挥手。
旁白 neutral
" Did you hear the news?" Apollo's champion called." The mighty Alcides arrives soon."
“听说了吗?”阿波罗的冠军喊道。“那位强大的阿尔喀得斯快到啦。”
旁白 neutral
" We heard all about it," Brody replied
“我们都听说了,”布罗迪答道。
旁白 neutral
" So what? I'm glad we'll finally get the chance to see this guy."
“那又怎样?终于有机会见识一下这家伙了,我挺高兴。”
旁白 neutral
Artemis' champion shook his head." I'm not so sure I want to see him," he said
阿尔忒弥斯的冠军摇了摇头。“我可不太确定自己想见到他,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" I overheard Artemis talking with Ares and Hestia, the goddess of the hearth and home
“我无意中听到阿尔忒弥斯和阿瑞斯,还有灶台与家庭女神赫斯提亚的谈话。
旁白 neutral
Zeus told them that Alcides strangled two enormous serpents with his bare hands when he was less than a year old!"
宙斯告诉他们,阿尔喀得斯在不到一岁时,就徒手掐死了两条大蛇!”
旁白 neutral
" Serpents? That's nothing," said Demeter's champion." I heard that Alcides killed a dozen men before he was ten years old!"
“大蛇?那不算什么,”得墨忒耳的冠军说。“我听说阿尔喀得斯不到十岁就杀了十几个人!”
旁白 neutral
" Well, I heard that Alcides eats human brains for breakfast," Artemis' champion added." Zeus says it makes him smarter."
“嗯,我听说阿尔喀得斯早饭吃的是人的大脑,”阿尔忒弥斯的冠军补充道。“宙斯说这让他变得更聪明。”
旁白 neutral
" That makes sense," put in Ares' champion
“这就说得通了,”阿瑞斯的冠军插嘴说。
旁白 neutral
" Because Ares told me that Alcides eats human muscles for lunch. It's supposed to make him stronger."
“因为阿瑞斯告诉我,阿尔喀得斯午饭吃的是人的肌肉。据说能让他变得更强壮。”
旁白 neutral
Brody listened, not sure what to think about what the athletes were saying
布罗迪听着,不知道该如何看待这些运动员说的话。
旁白 neutral
All these rumors were getting pretty tiring though
不过,所有这些传言也越来越烦人了。
旁白 neutral
Just then a sleek deer raced toward them, dodging around the people in the agora
就在这时,一只皮毛光滑的鹿向他们疾驰而来,在广场的人群中左闪右避。
旁白 neutral
" Whoa," Brody said." Loose animal!"
“哇,”布罗迪说。“有动物跑出来了!”
旁白 neutral
The deer stopped in front of the group
那只鹿停在了他们面前。
旁白 neutral
It seemed pretty tame, so Brody stepped toward it
它看起来相当温顺,于是布罗迪朝它走了过去。
旁白 neutral
He was about to grab the deer when it suddenly transformed into Artemis
他正要抓住那只鹿,它却突然变成了阿尔忒弥斯。
旁白 neutral
" Whoa!" Brody said again. He couldn't get used to the way the gods could transform into animals!
“哇!”布罗迪又叫了一声。他还是无法习惯神明能变成动物的样子!
旁白 neutral
Artemis crooked her finger at her champion." Come, my boy," she ordered
阿尔忒弥斯朝她的冠军勾了勾手指。“过来,孩子,”她命令道。
旁白 neutral
" You need to rest. We have much more training to do tomorrow."
“你需要休息。我们明天还有很多训练要做。”
旁白 neutral
" Coming," her champion said
“来了,”她的冠军应道。
旁白 neutral
" I'd better go, too," one of the others said." Ares will be looking for me."
“我也该走了,”另一个冠军说。“阿瑞斯会找我的。”
旁白 neutral
Before long Brody, Julia, and Markos were alone again
不一会儿,又只剩下布罗迪、茱莉亚和马科斯了。
旁白 neutral
" Wow," Julia said." This Alcides sounds really impressive. I'm surprised I've never heard of him
“哇,”茱莉亚说。“这个阿尔喀得斯听起来真的很厉害。真奇怪我从没听说过他。
旁白 neutral
Though that story about the serpents seemed familiar. I think — "
不过那个关于蛇的故事好像有点耳熟。我想——”
旁白 neutral
" You haven't heard of him?" Brody cut her off
“你没听说过他吗?”布罗迪打断了她。
旁白 neutral
" That's cool. It means Zeus is probably exaggerating, right?
“那太好了。这说明宙斯很可能在夸大其词,对不对?”
旁白 neutral
I mean, if Alcides was really that great, wouldn't we have studied him in social studies class?"
我的意思是,如果阿尔喀得斯真那么伟大,我们早该在社会研究课上学过他了,不是吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe." Julia looked troubled." Then again, it's not as if we could possibly learn everything about ancient Greece
“也许吧。”茱莉亚看起来有些困惑。“不过话说回来,我们又不可能了解古希腊的一切。
旁白 neutral
Maybe Alcides really is a great hero, just not quite as great as the really famous ones like Heracles or Achilles."
也许阿尔喀得斯真是一位伟大的英雄,只是不如赫拉克勒斯或阿喀琉斯那么出名而已。”
旁白 neutral
She sighed." I wish I had my phone so I could look him up on the Internet."
她叹了口气。“真希望我带了手机,能上网查查他。”
旁白 neutral
Markos looked uncomfortable. Brody had noticed that Markos looked that way whenever Brody and Julia discussed their lives in the future
马科斯显得有些不安。布罗迪注意到,每当他和茱莉亚谈论未来的生活时,马科斯都会露出这种表情。
旁白 neutral
" It's getting dark," Markos said." We should tell the vendor about the eels and get home
“天快黑了,”马科斯说。“我们该去告诉鱼贩鳗鱼的事,然后回家了。
旁白 neutral
Brody, you need to rest too. Tomorrow is likely to be a busy day."
布罗迪,你也需要休息。明天很可能会是非常忙碌的一天。”