Level 7 · 奥运冠军
🎬

E11 · Episodes

011 计划与流言

计划与流言

Little Fox Level 7 · Olympic Champion · Episode 11 — 计划与流言.

73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Wow, today's training was intense." Brody collapsed onto a bench in Markos' courtyard that evening. Every muscle in his body ached

“哇,今天的训练真够呛。”那天晚上,布罗迪一头栽倒在马科斯家院子里的长椅上,浑身肌肉酸痛。

旁白 neutral

" You did well, Brody." Markos sat beside him

“你做得不错,布罗迪。”马科斯在他身旁坐下。

旁白 neutral

" Hermes seemed pleased with your speed by the end of the session. And your long jump was much improved."

“训练到最后的时候,赫尔墨斯似乎对你的速度很满意。而且你的跳远进步很大。”

旁白 neutral

" But not improved enough," Julia said." Did you see Athena's champion?

“但还不够好,”朱莉亚说,“你看到雅典娜的冠军了吗?

旁白 neutral

He jumped much farther than you, Brody."

他跳得比你远多了,布罗迪。”

旁白 neutral

" Julia!" At that moment Markos' older sister hurried toward Julia

“朱莉亚!”这时,马科斯的姐姐快步朝朱莉亚走来。

旁白 neutral

" We need your help in the kitchen. The men are hungry."

“我们需要你去厨房帮忙。男人们都饿了。”

旁白 neutral

" That's right." Brody smirked at Julia." We're hungry. Go cook our food, woman."

“没错。”布罗迪冲朱莉亚得意地笑了笑。“我们饿了。快去给我们做饭,女人。”

旁白 neutral

Julia gritted her teeth." I'm busy," she told Helene." I'll be there in a minute."

朱莉亚咬了咬牙。“我很忙,”她告诉海伦,“我马上就来。”

旁白 neutral

Helene frowned." Please hurry. We're expecting Hermes and Caerus for dinner again, and Father wants them to be pleased with our hospitality."

海伦皱起了眉头。“请快点。我们今晚又要招待赫尔墨斯和凯鲁斯吃饭,父亲希望我们的款待能让他们满意。”

旁白 neutral

" You should go to the kitchen," Markos said to Julia as Helene disappeared

当海伦离开时,马科斯对朱莉亚说:“你应该去厨房了。”

旁白 neutral

" Hermes will be angry if you are not following the customs here."

“如果你不遵守这里的习俗,赫尔墨斯会生气的。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm going," Julia retorted." But first we should talk about what to do."

朱莉亚回嘴道:“我会去的,但首先我们应该谈谈该做什么。”

旁白 neutral

" What do you mean?" Brody asked." We already know what we're going to do

布罗迪问:“你是什么意思?我们都已经知道要做什么了。”

旁白 neutral

I'm going to keep training until I'm stronger and faster than I already am

我会继续训练,直到我比现在更强、更快。

旁白 neutral

Then, after I win the Olympics, we'll go on my victory tour before going home."

然后,等我赢了奥运会,我们就去进行我的胜利巡游,然后再回家。”

旁白 neutral

" Forget your victory tour," Julia said." The passage could close at any moment, remember? We need to get home as soon as we can."

“忘了你的胜利巡游吧,”朱莉亚说,“通道随时可能关闭,记得吗?我们需要尽快回家。”

旁白 neutral

Brody shrugged. Julia worried too much. Hermes was a god, which meant Hermes could do anything

布罗迪耸耸肩。朱莉亚太担心了。赫尔墨斯是神,这意味着赫尔墨斯可以做任何事情。

旁白 neutral

That probably included opening a new passage if the first one closed

那很可能包括在第一个通道关闭时打开一个新的通道。

旁白 neutral

Still, Brody was too tired to argue with Julia about it right now

尽管如此,布罗迪现在太累了,不想和朱莉亚争论这个。

旁白 neutral

" Okay," he agreed." So the plan is, I win the Olympics, and then we go home. Is that better?"

“好吧,”他同意了。“所以计划是,我赢了奥运会,然后我们就回家。这样好点了吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," she replied

“是的,”她回答。

旁白 neutral

" Julia!" Helene yelled again

“朱莉亚!”海伦又喊了一声。

旁白 neutral

Julia sighed loudly." Coming!" she yelled back

朱莉亚大声叹了口气。“来了!”她喊着回应。

旁白 neutral

Then she stomped off into the house

然后她跺着脚走进了屋子。

旁白 neutral

" She might be right, you know," Markos said after Julia was gone

“她可能是对的,你知道,”朱莉亚离开后,马科斯说道。

旁白 neutral

" Once the Games are over, you should take the first opportunity to return home."

“运动会一结束,你就应该抓住第一个机会回家。”

旁白 neutral

" Why?" Brody stretched and yawned. He wondered what was for dinner

“为什么?”布罗迪伸了个懒腰,打了个哈欠。他想知道晚饭吃什么。

旁白 neutral

" Because..." Markos hesitated, glancing around carefully, and then lowered his voice

“因为……”马科斯犹豫了一下,小心翼翼地向四周看了看,然后压低声音。

旁白 neutral

" The gods can't be trusted. If you delay, Hermes might forget his promise to let you go."

“神明是不可信的。如果你耽搁了,赫尔墨斯可能会忘记他让你离开的承诺。”

旁白 neutral

" Really?" Brody blinked in surprise

“真的吗?”布罗迪惊讶地眨了眨眼。

旁白 neutral

" But don't worry too much," Markos said." If you bring glory to Hermes through your performance in the Games, he might not forget

“但别太担心,”马科斯说,“如果你在赛会上表现出色,为赫尔墨斯赢得了荣誉,他也许不会忘记你。

旁白 neutral

In fact, if you beat Zeus' champion, Hermes will probably let you do anything you want, including leave."

其实,如果你打败了宙斯的斗士,赫尔墨斯大概你想做什么都行,包括离开。”

旁白 neutral

Brody relaxed again." Then I'll just have to win," he said." No problem."

布罗迪再次放松下来。“那我就必须赢,”他说。“没问题。”

旁白 neutral

Over the next couple of days, Brody did his best to put the plan into action

在接下来的几天里,布罗迪尽全力将计划付诸行动。

旁白 neutral

He trained as hard as he could, doing everything Hermes asked him to do

他拼命训练,完成赫尔墨斯要求他做的每一件事。

旁白 neutral

Hermes was still focused on the running races in the Games, though he also made Brody practice wrestling and javelin throwing

赫尔墨斯仍然专注于赛会中的跑步比赛,不过他也让布罗迪练习摔跤和掷标枪。

旁白 neutral

Then one day Hermes told Brody it was time to practice throwing the discus

后来有一天,赫尔墨斯告诉布罗迪,是时候练习掷铁饼了。

旁白 neutral

Brody had never done that before." I'm really good at throwing a football," he told himself." It's probably the same thing."

布罗迪以前从没做过这个。“我很擅长扔橄榄球,”他对自己说,“大概是一回事吧。”

旁白 neutral

But Brody quickly learned that a discus was a lot heavier than a football

但布罗迪很快就明白,铁饼比橄榄球重太多了。

旁白 neutral

His first few throws were a disaster; the discus landed near his feet with a thud

他头几次投掷一塌糊涂,铁饼砰地落在脚边。

旁白 neutral

" This is definitely not going well," he thought, casting a look at Hermes

“这肯定不行,”他心想,瞥了赫尔墨斯一眼。

旁白 neutral

When Markos brought him some water, Brody stood watching Artemis' champion for a few minutes

马科斯给他拿来水时,布罗迪站在一旁,盯着阿尔忒弥斯的冠军看了几分钟。

旁白 neutral

The other athlete was nearby, practicing his discus throw too

那个选手就在附近,也在练习投铁饼。

旁白 neutral

" I get it!" Brody declared suddenly. The other athlete swung the discus a few times before releasing it

“我明白了!”布罗迪突然大声说。那个选手在出手前把铁饼来回摆了几次。

旁白 neutral

" Here." Brody thrust the water back at Markos and then grabbed the discus again

“给。”布罗迪把水塞回给马科斯,又抓起了铁饼。

旁白 neutral

This time he swung the discus back and forth before throwing it, just like the other athlete had done

这一次,他学着那个选手的样子,把铁饼来回摆了几下才投出去。

旁白 neutral

" Excellent!" Hermes cried as the discus flew halfway down the marked course

“棒极了!”铁饼飞过标记赛道一半的距离,赫尔墨斯欢呼起来。

旁白 neutral

" Much better, my champion! Now try it again!"

“好多了,我的冠军!再来一次!”

旁白 neutral

An hour later Brody's arm muscles were aching

一小时后,布罗迪的手臂肌肉酸痛不已。

旁白 neutral

But Hermes was beaming." We're making progress, young mortal friend!

但赫尔墨斯笑容满面。“我们正在进步,年轻的凡人朋友!

旁白 neutral

We might just turn you into an Olympic champion yet

我们说不定还真能把你培养成奥林匹克冠军呢。”

旁白 neutral

As soon as you've mastered the discus, we'll move on to boxing. Oh, and the chariot race, of course."

一旦你掌握了铁饼,我们就接着学拳击。哦,当然,还有战车比赛。”

旁白 neutral

" Chariot race?" Brody echoed." You mean with horses?"

“战车比赛?”布罗迪重复道。“你是说用马的那种?”

旁白 neutral

" Of course." Hermes tapped his chin thoughtfully

“当然。”赫尔墨斯若有所思地拍了拍下巴。

旁白 neutral

" Poseidon owes me a favor — perhaps I'll ask him if I can borrow a team of horses."

“波塞冬欠我一个人情——也许我会问问他,能不能借一队马来。”

旁白 neutral

Brody was surprised. He didn't know much about horses. But he wasn't worried

布罗迪很惊讶。他对马不太了解。但他并不担心。

旁白 neutral

" I've done great at everything else so far," he thought

“到目前为止,我每件事都做得不错,”他想。

旁白 neutral

" I'm sure I'll be great at chariot driving too!"

“我肯定驾战车也会很棒!”

旁白 neutral

Just then Apollo hurried over with Artemis at his heels

就在这时,阿波罗匆匆赶来,阿尔忒弥斯紧跟在他身后。

旁白 neutral

" You look happy, Hermes," Apollo declared." I suppose that means you haven't heard the latest gossip about Zeus' champion."

“你看起来挺高兴,赫尔墨斯,”阿波罗说。“我猜这意味着你还没听说关于宙斯那位冠军的最新传闻吧。”

旁白 neutral

" Gossip doesn't worry me, my friend," Hermes retorted

“传闻可不会让我担心,我的朋友,”赫尔墨斯回敬道。

旁白 neutral

" Not when I have the finest champion in Olympia."

“何况我手下有奥利匹亚最棒的冠军。”

旁白 neutral

Brody grinned proudly

布罗迪自豪地咧嘴笑了。

旁白 neutral

" The gossip should worry you," Artemis said

“这传闻你应该担心,”阿尔忒弥斯说。

旁白 neutral

" Zeus claims that the mighty Alcides is training by racing against the swiftest deer in the forest — and beating them every time!"

“宙斯声称,强大的阿尔西德斯正通过在森林里跟最快的鹿赛跑来训练——而且每次都赢!”

旁白 neutral

" That's right," Apollo added." I hear that Alcides chases down wild boars and strangles them with his bare hands for his dinner

“没错,”阿波罗补充道。“我听说阿尔西德斯徒手追赶野猪,然后赤手掐死它们当晚餐。”

旁白 neutral

And he once threw the javelin so far that Zeus himself couldn't see where it landed."

而且他有一次投标枪投得太远,连宙斯自己都看不见它落在了哪里。”

旁白 neutral

Hermes scoffed." It's easy for Zeus to brag when nobody has seen his champion yet

赫尔墨斯嗤之以鼻。“在还没人见过他的冠军之前,宙斯吹牛当然容易。”

旁白 neutral

I'll believe Zeus' tales when I finally see Alcides with my own eyes."

“等我亲眼见到阿尔西德斯,我才会相信宙斯那些话。”

旁白 neutral

After Apollo and Artemis left to share their gossip with Ares, Hermes looked less cheerful than he had a few minutes earlier

在阿波罗和阿尔忒弥斯离开,去跟阿瑞斯分享他们的传闻后,赫尔墨斯看起来没有几分钟前那么高兴了。

旁白 neutral

" Blast Zeus and his bragging," he muttered. He glanced at Brody

“该死的宙斯和他的吹嘘,”他咕哝道。他瞥了布罗迪一眼。

旁白 neutral

" But perhaps some of his tales are true. So you'd better keep training hard, boy!"

“不过也许他有些说法是真的。所以你最好继续努力训练,小子!”