E05 · Episodes
005 在集市
在集市
Little Fox Level 7 · Olympic Champion · Episode 5 — 在集市.
83 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The next morning Brody was eating breakfast when a hawk landed in the courtyard. It quickly transformed into Hermes
第二天早上,布罗迪正在吃早餐,一只鹰落在庭院里,迅速变成了赫耳墨斯。
旁白 neutral
" Come, my champion," Hermes said to Brody
“来吧,我的勇士。”赫耳墨斯对布罗迪说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm taking you to the agora to show you off."
“我要带你去广场炫耀一下你。”
旁白 neutral
" Show him off?" Julia said." I thought we were supposed to blend in so Zeus doesn't notice Brody."
“炫耀他?”茱莉亚说,“我以为我们应该低调行事,以免宙斯注意到布罗迪。”
旁白 neutral
Hermes eyed her." You talk a great deal for a mortal girl. But you're partly correct
赫耳墨斯注视着她。“作为一个凡人女孩,你的话可真多。但你说对了一部分。”
旁白 neutral
I don't want Zeus to know where I'm keeping my champion
我不想让宙斯知道我把我的勇士藏在哪里。
旁白 neutral
Zeus might decide to tamper with him when I'm not here."
宙斯可能会趁我不在时对他做手脚。”
旁白 neutral
" Huh?" Brody looked up from his bread and fruit
“啊?”布罗迪从面包和水果上抬起头来。
旁白 neutral
" What do you mean, tamper with me?"
“做手脚是什么意思?”
旁白 neutral
" Never mind that. You're under my protection, boy." Hermes patted him on the shoulder
“别管那个了。你受我的保护,孩子。”赫耳墨斯拍了拍他的肩膀。
旁白 neutral
" I can keep you safe, and also show you off in public."
"我可以保证你的安全,还能当众炫耀你。"
旁白 neutral
" Okay," Julia said." But listen, I've been thinking about that time passage we came through
"好吧,"茱莉亚说,"不过听我说,我一直在想我们穿过的那条时空通道。
旁白 neutral
It sounds like it could easily close up again. Could we end up trapped here forever?"
听起来它很容易再次关闭。我们会不会永远困在这里?"
旁白 neutral
" Forever?" Brody echoed. He didn't like the sound of that
"永远?"布罗迪重复道。他可不想那样。
旁白 neutral
Ancient Greece was pretty cool so far — he was looking forward to competing in the Games
到目前为止古希腊还挺酷的——他很期待参加运动会。
旁白 neutral
But he already missed TV and video games and playing football
但他已经开始想念电视、电子游戏和踢足球了。
旁白 neutral
" You don't need to worry about the time passage," Hermes said
"你们不用担心时空通道,"赫耳墨斯说。
旁白 neutral
" Caerus assures me the passage should remain stable at least through the Games
"凯罗斯向我保证,通道至少在运动会期间会保持稳定。
旁白 neutral
After that, you're welcome to return home."
之后,欢迎你们回家。"
旁白 neutral
" Do you promise?" Julia asked." You'll let us go right after the Games?"
"你保证?"茱莉亚问。"运动会一结束就让我们走?"
旁白 neutral
" Of course." Hermes shrugged." Now come to the agora."
“当然。”赫耳墨斯耸耸肩。“现在来广场吧。”
旁白 neutral
The agora was Olympia's central square. Dozens of merchants and farmers were there selling goods like honey, fish, silk, and gems
广场是奥林匹亚的中心广场。几十个商人和农民在那里出售蜂蜜、鱼、丝绸和宝石等商品。
旁白 neutral
People and gods wandered around shopping and chatting
人和神四处漫步,一边购物一边聊天。
旁白 neutral
" Is Zeus here?" Julia asked Hermes
“宙斯在这里吗?”茱莉亚问赫耳墨斯。
旁白 neutral
" I don't see him. But look." Hermes pointed to someone in the distance
“我没看见他。但看。”赫耳墨斯指向远处的某人。
旁白 neutral
" There's his lovely wife. Let's go and say hello."
“那是他可爱的妻子。我们去打个招呼吧。”
旁白 neutral
" Zeus has a wife?" Brody asked Julia
“宙斯有妻子吗?”布罗迪问茱莉亚。
旁白 neutral
She gave him a scornful look." Didn't you pay attention in social studies?
她轻蔑地看了他一眼。“你上社会课时没注意听讲吗?
旁白 neutral
Zeus' wife is Hera. She's a very powerful goddess."
宙斯的妻子是赫拉。她是一位非常强大的女神。”
旁白 neutral
" And a very scary one," Markos whispered
“而且非常吓人,”马科斯低声说。
旁白 neutral
" Be careful not to say anything that might insult her."
“小心别说任何可能冒犯她的话。”
旁白 neutral
Hera was a tall, stately woman with a sharp chin and even sharper black eyes
赫拉是一位高大威严的女人,下巴尖尖的,黑色的眼睛更加锐利。
旁白 neutral
" Greetings, Hermes. Who are these young mortals?"
“你好,赫耳墨斯。这些年轻的凡人是谁?”
旁白 neutral
Hermes yanked Brody forward." I'm pleased to introduce my champion for the Games
赫耳墨斯一把将布罗迪拉到前面。“我很高兴介绍我这次运动会的冠军。
旁白 neutral
Say hello to the queen of the gods, Brody."
向众神的女王问好,布罗迪。”
旁白 neutral
" Hi," Brody said." Nice to meet you."
“嗨,”布罗迪说,“很高兴认识你。”
旁白 neutral
" Brody...," Hera repeated." What sort of name is that? It doesn't sound Greek to me."
“布罗迪……”赫拉重复道,“那是什么名字?我听着不像希腊名字。”
旁白 neutral
Hermes squeezed Brody's shoulder to stop him from responding
赫耳墨斯捏了捏布罗迪的肩膀,不让他回应。
旁白 neutral
" Perhaps it does not sound Greek," Hermes said quickly
“也许听起来不像希腊名字,”赫耳墨斯赶紧说。
旁白 neutral
" But as you can hear, the boy speaks Greek as well as you and I do."
“但你也听到了,这孩子的希腊语说得和你我一样好。”
旁白 neutral
" Hmm." Hera stared at Brody, her eyes suspicious
“嗯。”赫拉盯着布罗迪,眼神中满是怀疑。
旁白 neutral
" So, Hera," Hermes said innocently," I hear Zeus has found himself another impressive champion
“话说,赫拉,”赫耳墨斯一脸无辜地说道,“听说宙斯又给自己找了位厉害的冠军。
旁白 neutral
Do you know whether this mortal hero has yet arrived in Olympia?"
你知道那位凡人英雄到奥林匹亚了没?”
旁白 neutral
Hera stiffened." I have better things to do than keep track of Zeus' business."
赫拉身体一僵。“我有比关心宙斯的闲事更重要的事要做。”
旁白 neutral
" Of course you do." Hermes smiled." Still, you must be as curious as the rest of us. What's the fellow's name again? Alexandros?"
“那是当然。”赫耳墨斯笑了。“不过,你肯定也和我们一样好奇。那家伙叫什么来着?亚历山德罗斯?”
旁白 neutral
" Alcides," another goddess said, walking over to join them." Zeus' hero is named Alcides."
“阿尔喀得斯,”另一位女神说着,走了过来。“宙斯的英雄名叫阿尔喀得斯。”
旁白 neutral
" Greetings, Athena." Hermes bowed, and Hera nodded coolly
“向你致意,雅典娜。”赫耳墨斯鞠了一躬,赫拉则冷淡地点了点头。
旁白 neutral
" Athena?" Julia whispered, elbowing Brody." Wow! She's the goddess of wisdom. She was always my favorite goddess."
“雅典娜?”茱莉亚小声说道,用胳膊肘碰了碰布罗迪。“哇!她是智慧女神。她一直是我最喜欢的女神。”
旁白 neutral
" You're such a nerd!" he said, laughing
“你真是个书呆子!”他笑着说。
旁白 neutral
The gods were all exchanging rumors about Alcides
众神都在交换着关于阿尔喀得斯的传言。
旁白 neutral
" He's said to be the strongest mortal of his generation," Hermes told Athena
“都说他是他那一代人里最强壮的凡人。”赫耳墨斯对雅典娜说。
旁白 neutral
" It's hard to know what is true," Athena replied. She sounded disapproving
“真假可难说。”雅典娜答道,听起来不太认可。
旁白 neutral
" I'm afraid you all exaggerate your heroes' abilities so greatly
“恐怕你们把自家英雄的本事都吹得太离谱了。
旁白 neutral
The Games are meant to be an honest contest," she went on
奥运会本该是诚实的竞赛。”她接着说道,
旁白 neutral
" Not some silly competition full of deception and cheating."
“而不是什么充满诡计和舞弊的愚蠢比赛。”
旁白 neutral
" Don't be a spoilsport, Athena," Hermes said
“别扫兴嘛,雅典娜。”赫耳墨斯说,
旁白 neutral
" Our gossip and mischief are just good fun. And I will have even more fun when my champion defeats Zeus' hero!"
“我们八卦捣蛋不过是图个乐子。等我的冠军打败了宙斯的英雄,我会更开心的!”
旁白 neutral
Brody grinned." Don't worry, I'll do it," he bragged
布罗迪咧嘴一笑:“放心,包在我身上。”他吹嘘道。
旁白 neutral
Hermes clapped him on the back." That's the spirit, boy!"
赫耳墨斯拍了拍他的背:“就是这个气势,好小子!”
旁白 neutral
Hera eyed Brody with scorn." We'll see about that
赫拉轻蔑地看着布罗迪:“咱们走着瞧。
旁白 neutral
If you'll excuse me, I have things to do."
“请恕我失陪,我还有事要忙。”
旁白 neutral
She stalked off. Athena wandered away too
她大步走开了。雅典娜也漫步离去。
旁白 neutral
As soon as the goddesses were gone, two more gods rushed over
两位女神一走,另外两位神祇就急匆匆地走了过来。
旁白 neutral
One was a muscular young man with wavy dark hair and mischievous golden eyes
一位是肌肉发达的年轻男子,卷曲的黑发,一对淘气的金色眼眸。
旁白 neutral
The other was a pretty young woman with a bow slung over one slim shoulder
另一位是位美丽的女郎,纤细的肩头挎着一张弓。
旁白 neutral
She had the same wild, dark hair and golden eyes as the young man
她和那年轻男子一样,有着狂野的黑发和金色的眼眸。
旁白 neutral
" Apollo, Artemis," Hermes greeted them." How are you, my friends?"
“阿波罗,阿尔忒弥斯,”赫耳墨斯向他们打招呼。“朋友们,你们好吗?”
旁白 neutral
" We heard you found your champion," Artemis said, staring curiously at Brody." Why, he's very impressive."
“我们听说你找到了你的冠军,”阿尔忒弥斯说着,好奇地打量着布罗迪。“哎呀,他可真了不起。”
旁白 neutral
" Thanks." Brody puffed up his chest
“谢谢。”布罗迪挺起了胸膛。
旁白 neutral
" Hera seemed impressed too," Hermes said." Though I suspect she's much more concerned about Zeus' champion."
“赫拉似乎也挺有印象的,”赫耳墨斯说。“不过我猜她更在意宙斯的冠军。”
旁白 neutral
" Ah, the mighty Alcides," Apollo said with a laugh." Have you seen him yet?"
“啊,那个强大的阿尔喀得斯,”阿波罗笑着说。“你们见过他了吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No one has seen him yet," Artemis said
“还没人见过他呢,”阿尔忒弥斯说。
旁白 neutral
" According to the rumors, Zeus is keeping him hidden in the hills until Zeus is ready to present him."
“据传言说,宙斯把他藏在山里,直到宙斯准备好展示他为止。”
旁白 neutral
Hermes smirked." You know Zeus. He likes to make a dramatic entrance."
赫耳墨斯得意地笑了。“你了解宙斯的。他就喜欢搞戏剧性的登场。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes," Apollo agreed." He also must know that everyone will be looking for ways to beat him in the Games."
“是啊,”阿波罗赞同道。“他肯定也知道,大家都会在运动会上想办法打败他。”
旁白 neutral
Brody spoke up." Don't worry, I'll beat his hero
布罗迪插话了。“别担心,我会打败他的英雄的。
旁白 neutral
I scored more touchdowns last season than anyone in the history of my middle school!"
我上个赛季达阵得分次数,比我那所中学历史上任何人都多!”
旁白 neutral
The gods stared at him, looking amused and puzzled
众神盯着他,觉得既好笑又困惑。
旁白 neutral
Then Hermes chuckled." Perhaps the boy is right," he said
然后赫耳墨斯轻声笑了。“也许这孩子说得对,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Perhaps Zeus failed to find a suitable hero this time
“也许宙斯这次没能找到合适的英雄。
旁白 neutral
That could be another reason Zeus is keeping Alcides hidden."
这可能是宙斯把阿尔喀得斯藏起来的另一个原因。”
旁白 neutral
" Perhaps." Artemis sounded doubtful
“也许吧。”阿尔忒弥斯听起来很怀疑。
旁白 neutral
" But I won't believe it until I see you and your champion setting off on the victory tour of Greece after the Games."
“不过,除非我看到你和你的冠军在运动会后踏上环希腊胜利巡礼,否则我是不会信的。”