Level 7 · 奥运冠军
🎬

E03 · Episodes

003 异乡之家

异乡之家

Little Fox Level 7 · Olympic Champion · Episode 3 — 异乡之家.

79 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The temple was high on a hill, and it was a clear day, so Brody could see far into the distance

神庙高踞山丘之上,天气晴朗,布罗迪能望见很远的地方。

旁白 neutral

And yet nothing he saw looked familiar. What had happened to the school and playing fields?

然而他看到的一切都不熟悉。学校和操场去哪儿了?

旁白 neutral

Where were the houses and his favorite fast-food place?

房子和他最喜欢的快餐店在哪儿?

旁白 neutral

" What's going on?" he blurted out." Where are we? Where's the gym?"

“怎么回事?”他脱口而出。“我们在哪儿?体育馆在哪儿?”

旁白 neutral

" The gymnasium? It's right over there, of course." Hermes pointed to the left

“体育馆?不就在那边嘛。”赫耳墨斯指向左边。

旁白 neutral

But Brody still didn't see anything that looked like the school gym

但布罗迪还是没看到任何像学校体育馆的东西。

旁白 neutral

" It can't be," Julia murmured." Are we really in ancient Olympia?"

“不可能,”朱莉娅喃喃道。“我们真的在古奥林匹亚吗?”

旁白 neutral

" What?" Brody said." There's no way we traveled through time."

“什么?”布罗迪说。“我们不可能穿越了时间。”

旁白 neutral

Julia was staring at the city below." What other explanation is there?"

朱莉娅盯着下方的城市。“还能有什么别的解释?”

旁白 neutral

Brody rolled his eyes. People thought he was dumb, but he wasn't dumb enough to believe what Hermes and Caerus were saying

布罗迪翻了个白眼。人们觉得他笨,但他还没笨到相信赫耳墨斯和卡厄斯说的话。

旁白 neutral

Only a freak like Julia would believe such a ridiculous story. Ancient Greece? Yeah, right!

只有像朱莉娅那样的怪胎才会相信这么荒唐的故事。古希腊?得了吧!

旁白 neutral

Still, there was definitely something weird going on

不过,确实有奇怪的事情在发生。

旁白 neutral

How could Brody make Hermes and Caerus admit it?

布罗迪怎样才能让赫耳墨斯和凯勒斯承认呢?

旁白 neutral

" I've got it!" He pointed at Hermes." You're lying, and I can prove it."

“我有办法了!”他指着赫耳墨斯,“你在撒谎,我能证明。”

旁白 neutral

Hermes raised one eyebrow." Is that so?"

赫耳墨斯挑起一边眉毛。“是这样吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes. If we're in Greece, how come you guys are speaking English?" Brody was proud of himself

“是的。如果我们在希腊,你们怎么会说英语?”布罗迪很得意。

旁白 neutral

He might not be a genius, but he could figure things out when he needed to

他也许不是天才,但在必要时,他能把事情搞清楚。

旁白 neutral

" On the contrary, we're speaking proper Greek," Caerus said

“恰恰相反,我们说的是纯正的希腊语,”凯勒斯说。

旁白 neutral

" Hermes has powers over language and communication

“赫耳墨斯拥有掌控语言和交流的能力。

旁白 neutral

He has enabled you two to speak and understand Greek as if you were natives."

他让你们俩能像本地人一样说希腊语、听懂希腊语。”

旁白 neutral

Hermes smirked." That's very important. After all, speaking Greek is a prerequisite for entering the Games."

赫尔墨斯得意地笑了笑。“这非常重要。毕竟,会说希腊语是参加奥运会的先决条件。”

旁白 neutral

" Huh?" Brody didn't know what " prerequisite " meant

“啊?”布罗迪不知道“先决条件”是什么意思。

旁白 neutral

Before he could ask, Caerus glanced at Hermes and pantomimed eating

他还没来得及问,凯勒斯就看了赫尔墨斯一眼,用手势模仿吃东西。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, this conversation is becoming dull," Hermes said to his friend

“是的,这场谈话变得无聊了。”赫尔墨斯对他的朋友说。

旁白 neutral

He turned to Brody and Julia." If you're still confused, your mortal hosts can explain everything."

他转向布罗迪和朱莉娅。“如果你们还感到困惑,你们的人类主人可以解释一切。”

旁白 neutral

" You'll be staying with the family that tends my temple."

“你们将住在一户照看我神殿的人家里。”

旁白 neutral

Caerus waved a hand to indicate the temple they had just exited

凯勒斯挥了挥手,示意他们刚刚离开的那座神殿。

旁白 neutral

" Let's go," Hermes ordered

“我们走吧。”赫尔墨斯命令道。

旁白 neutral

Brody was more confused than ever. And being confused made him mad

布罗迪比之前更困惑了。而困惑让他很生气。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not going anywhere with you!" He gave Hermes a shove

“我哪儿也不跟你去!”他推了赫尔墨斯一把。

旁白 neutral

" You're not gods. You're just jerks and fakers!"

“你们才不是什么神,不过是骗子和冒牌货!”

旁白 neutral

Suddenly a loud, chilling cry seemed to rip the air in two

突然,一声响亮而凄厉的尖叫仿佛要将天空撕裂。

旁白 neutral

At the same moment, Hermes transformed into an enormous hawk and dived at Brody

与此同时,赫尔墨斯化作一只巨鹰,朝布罗迪猛扑下来。

旁白 neutral

The hawk's giant talons stopped a hair's breadth from Brody's face

巨鹰那庞大的爪子骤然停在离布罗迪的脸近在咫尺的地方。

旁白 neutral

Brody fell back, gasping with fear. A second later Hermes looked normal again

布罗迪吓得向后倒去,大口喘气。只一秒钟,赫尔墨斯又恢复了原本的模样。

旁白 neutral

" Learn this lesson well, mortal!" Hermes said sternly

“牢牢记住这个教训,凡人!”赫尔墨斯厉声说道。

旁白 neutral

" Do not defy me! I can be either your friend or your enemy

“不要违抗我!我可以是你的朋友,也可以是你的敌人。

旁白 neutral

Trust me, you'd rather have me as a friend."

相信我,你宁愿与我为友。”

旁白 neutral

" Come." Caerus headed down the steps of his temple." Your hosts are waiting."

“来。”凯勒斯走下神殿的台阶,“迎接你们的人正等着呢。”

旁白 neutral

Brody opened his mouth to argue again, but Hermes was still glaring at him." Fine," Brody muttered

布罗迪张嘴还想反驳,但赫尔墨斯依然在怒视着他。“好吧。”布罗迪嘟囔着。

旁白 neutral

Caerus led the way to a modest home halfway down the hill

凯勒斯领着他们来到半山腰一户简朴的人家。

旁白 neutral

A bearded man wearing a purple robe stood in front

一个身穿紫色长袍、留着胡子的男人站在屋前。

旁白 neutral

" Welcome, Caerus," the man said, bowing." We are honored by your presence. Yours as well, Hermes."

“欢迎你,凯勒斯,”男人鞠躬说道,“你的光临让我们不胜荣幸。赫尔墨斯,也欢迎你。”

旁白 neutral

" Thank you," Hermes said." Caerus tells me you've agreed to look after my champion until the Games."

“谢谢你,”赫尔墨斯说,“凯勒斯告诉我,你同意照顾我的冠军,直到奥运会开始。”

旁白 neutral

" Of course." The man bowed to Brody." My name is Nikolaos. My eldest son will take care of your needs."

“当然。”男人向布罗迪鞠躬,“我叫尼科拉奥斯。我的长子会照顾你的起居。”

旁白 neutral

A boy around Brody's age stepped outside

一个和布罗迪年纪相仿的男孩从屋里走了出来。

旁白 neutral

Like the men he wore one of those strange-looking chitons." Hi," he said shyly." I'm Markos."

和那些男人一样,他也穿着一件看起来古里古怪的基同袍。“你好,”他害羞地说,“我叫马科斯。”

旁白 neutral

" Hey." Brody nodded." I'm Brody." Julia stepped forward." I'm Julia."

“嘿。”布罗迪点点头,“我是布罗迪。”朱莉娅走上前:“我是朱莉娅。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, right," Caerus said." We'll also need you to look after the champion's... companion."

“哦,对了,”凯勒斯说,“我们还需要你照顾冠军的……同伴。”

旁白 neutral

" A girl?" Nikolaos stared at Julia, and then shrugged

“一个女孩?”尼科拉奥斯盯着朱莉娅看了看,然后耸了耸肩。

旁白 neutral

" As you wish, Caerus. We can always use help in the kitchen."

“如你所愿,凯勒斯。我们厨房里总需要帮手。”

旁白 neutral

Julia frowned, but she didn't say anything. Soon the two gods left

朱莉娅皱了皱眉,但什么也没说。很快两位神就离开了。

旁白 neutral

" Take care of our guests, Markos," Nikolaos said

“照顾好我们的客人,马科斯。”尼科拉奥斯说。

旁白 neutral

" I have important work to do at the temple."

“我在神殿有重要的工作要做。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, Father," Markos said as Nikolaos left

“是的,父亲。”马科斯在尼科拉奥斯离开时说。

旁白 neutral

Brody quickly glanced at Julia." I'm going back to the temple

布罗迪迅速瞥了朱莉娅一眼。“我要回神殿去。”

旁白 neutral

Caerus and Hermes said we could get home through that crack in the wall, so that's what I'm doing."

凯勒斯和赫尔墨斯说我们可以通过墙上的裂缝回家,所以我就这么做。”

旁白 neutral

" What?" Markos looked alarmed." You can't leave! Hermes will be angry."

“什么?”马科斯看上去很惊慌。“你们不能走!赫尔墨斯会生气的。”

旁白 neutral

Brody shrugged." So what?"

布罗迪耸耸肩。“那又怎样?”

旁白 neutral

Markos shook his head." Hermes may seem good-natured, but he is still a god

马科斯摇摇头。“赫尔墨斯也许看起来脾气好,但他终究是神。”

旁白 neutral

As you know, gods aren't like mortals, and they think nothing of punishing us at their whim."

如你所知,神不像凡人,他们随心所欲地惩罚我们,根本不当回事。”

旁白 neutral

" How would I know that?" Brody said." Up until a few minutes ago, I didn't know gods really existed."

“我怎么会知道?”布罗迪说。“直到几分钟前,我还不知道神真的存在。”

旁白 neutral

Markos looked confused." What do you mean?"

马科斯一脸困惑。“你是什么意思?”

旁白 neutral

" Listen, Markos." Julia jumped in." What's all this talk about Brody being Hermes' champion?

“听着,马科斯。”朱莉娅插话道。“说布罗迪是赫尔墨斯的冠军是怎么回事?”

旁白 neutral

And are the Olympic Games really starting soon?"

还有,奥运会真的要马上开始了吗?”

旁白 neutral

Her questions tumbled out." Is Hermes really a god? I mean, for real?"

她的问题一连串蹦出来。“赫尔墨斯真的是神吗?我是说,真的?”

旁白 neutral

Markos stared at her." You ask many questions for a girl."

马科斯盯着她。“作为一个女孩子,你问的问题可真多。”

旁白 neutral

Julia looked annoyed. Brody almost laughed, but he wanted to know the answer to her questions too." Just answer her," he told Markos

朱莉娅看起来很不高兴。布罗迪差点笑出来,但他也想知道她问题的答案。“就回答她吧。”他对马科斯说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, the Olympic Games begin soon," Markos said

“是的,奥运会很快就要开始了。”马科斯说。

旁白 neutral

" Every four years all the gods compete to see who can find the best mortal athlete."

“每四年,所有的神都会竞赛,看谁能找到最优秀的凡人运动员。”

旁白 neutral

He shook his head." But you must already know that."

他摇摇头。“但你们一定已经知道这些了。”

旁白 neutral

" No, we don't," Julia said." We came from the future."

“不,我们不知道。”朱莉娅说。“我们来自未来。”

旁白 neutral

" The future? I don't understand."

“未来?我不明白。”

旁白 neutral

" Wait..." Brody had just realized what Markos meant

“等等……”布罗迪刚刚明白了马科斯的意思。

旁白 neutral

" So Hermes thinks I'm the best athlete around?"

“所以赫尔墨斯认为我是这一带最优秀的运动员?”

旁白 neutral

Markos shrugged." I suppose so."

马科斯耸耸肩。“我想是吧。”

旁白 neutral

" And he wants me to be in the Olympics?" Brody liked the sound of that." Cool!"

“而且他想让我参加奥运会?”布罗迪听着很受用。“太酷了!”

旁白 neutral

But Julia was clearly worried." We can't stay here," she told Brody." We have to find a way home!"

但朱莉娅显然很担心。“我们不能留在这里。”她对布罗迪说。“我们必须想办法回家!”

旁白 neutral

" Why the big rush?" Brody grinned." If I get to be an Olympic champion, maybe I'll stick around!"

“急什么?”布罗迪咧嘴一笑。“如果我能成为奥运冠军,说不定我就留下来了!”