E08 · Episodes
008 哈布尔树市长
哈布尔树市长
Little Fox · Monster Academy · Episode 8 — 哈布尔树市长.
78 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" Maybe I should confess," thought Ben in a panic
本惊慌地想:“也许我应该坦白。”
旁白 neutral
Maybe if he told Mr. Freaky the truth, the principal could find a way to get Mayor Hubbletree to change his mind about the school
也许如果他对怪奇先生说实话,校长就能想办法让哈勃树镇长改变对学校的看法。
旁白 neutral
But Ben wasn't sure
但本不确定。
旁白 neutral
He was new at Monster Academy and still learning how things worked there
他在怪物学院还是新生,仍在了解这里的运行方式。
旁白 neutral
Maybe he'd just better stay quiet for now
也许他现在最好保持沉默。
旁白 neutral
At lunch that day, Ben wanted to be alone to think
那天午餐时,本想一个人待着思考。
旁白 neutral
He found a table with two zombies and sat down
他找到一张有两个僵尸的桌子坐了下来。
旁白 neutral
While the zombies stared and drooled silently on their food, Ben thought about his situation
僵尸们默默地盯着食物流口水,本则思考着自己的处境。
旁白 neutral
Nearby he heard Winnie talking
他听见温妮在附近说话。
旁白 neutral
" I can't believe Mayor Hubbletree is going to destroy Monster Academy," she said
她说:“我真不敢相信哈勃树镇长要毁掉怪物学院。”
旁白 neutral
" What's going to happen to us? Where will we go to school?"
“我们会怎么样?该去哪里上学?”
旁白 neutral
" Believe it!" a mummy replied
“千真万确!”一个木乃伊答道。
旁白 neutral
" And just wait until he finds the ghost who scared his son
“等着瞧吧,等他找到那个吓唬他儿子的幽灵。
旁白 neutral
That ghost is going to be in big trouble!"
那个幽灵就麻烦大了!”
旁白 neutral
Ben looked over at Winnie. To his surprise, she smiled at him!
本向温妮看去。让他惊讶的是,她竟然对他笑了!
旁白 neutral
Ordinarily Ben would have been thrilled, but today he had too much on his mind
要在平时,本会兴奋不已,可今天他心事重重。
旁白 neutral
" I have to find Mog," he thought
“我得找到莫格,”他想。
旁白 neutral
Once he talked to Mog, Ben could make a plan, figure out what to do
一旦和莫格谈过,本就能制定计划,想出该怎么办。
旁白 neutral
But Ben didn't have a chance to talk with Mog until the next morning in cooking class
但本直到第二天早上烹饪课才找到机会和莫格说话。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Hag assigned the two of them to make a rotten-egg omelet together
哈格夫人安排他俩一起做臭鸡蛋煎蛋卷。
旁白 neutral
" Mog!" Ben growled as soon as they were alone at their cooking station
"莫格!" 他们刚在烹饪台前独处,本就低声吼道。
旁白 neutral
" You got me into trouble!"
"你给我惹了麻烦!"
旁白 neutral
" It wasn't my fault," said Mog. He cracked a rotten egg into a bowl
"那不是我的错," 莫格说着,把一个臭鸡蛋打进碗里。
旁白 neutral
" What do you mean, it wasn't your fault?" Ben glared at the big monster
"什么叫不是你的错?" 本瞪着那个大怪物。
旁白 neutral
" I know you knocked over those garbage cans
"我知道是你打翻了那些垃圾桶。
旁白 neutral
You made a big loud sound just to get me in trouble
你故意弄出巨大的响声,就是为了让我惹上麻烦。
旁白 neutral
And you're probably the one who's flying the brooms!"
"而且很可能就是你在让扫帚乱飞!"
旁白 neutral
" Monsters, quiet!" snapped Mrs. Hag
"怪物们,安静!" 哈格太太厉声喝道。
旁白 neutral
" You're supposed to be cooking, not talking."
"你们应该做饭,而不是说话。"
旁白 neutral
Ben lowered his voice
本压低了声音。
旁白 neutral
" You knew the big house with the tower was the mayor's mansion
“你知道那座带塔楼的大房子是镇长的官邸。
旁白 neutral
I'll bet you never saw any witches' brooms on the roof
我敢打赌你根本没在屋顶上看到什么女巫扫帚。
旁白 neutral
You just wanted to get me into trouble because Winnie is nice to me!"
你就是想让我倒霉,就因为温妮对我好!”
旁白 neutral
Mog's shoulders slumped." Okay," he said." You're right
莫格耷拉下肩膀。“好吧,”他说,“你说得对。
旁白 neutral
I made the whole thing up to get you in trouble
整件事都是我编的,就是为了给你惹麻烦。
旁白 neutral
The brooms were never on the roof. I knocked over the garbage cans
扫帚根本就没在屋顶上。是我打翻的垃圾桶。
旁白 neutral
But I just wanted you to get in a little bit of trouble
但我只是想让你惹上一点小麻烦。
旁白 neutral
I didn't know the whole thing would turn into such a big deal."
我没想到整件事会闹得这么大。”
旁白 neutral
Ben noticed Winnie glancing over at Mog as the monster spoke
本注意到当这个怪物说话时,温妮瞥了莫格一眼。
旁白 neutral
" Well, it is a big deal!" Ben whispered furiously
“哼,这就是件大事!”本愤怒地小声说。
旁白 neutral
" What's going to happen once they find out it was me who entered People Place?
一旦他们发现是我闯入了人类居住地,会发生什么?
旁白 neutral
That was your plan
那可是你的计划。
旁白 neutral
So you'd better help me find a way to fix the problem it caused!"
所以你最好帮我想办法解决它惹出的麻烦!
旁白 neutral
Mog nodded slowly." You're right, Ben," he said
莫格缓缓地点了点头。"你说得对,本,"他说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm really sorry. But I'm not the one who's taking the brooms, I swear."
"我真的很抱歉。但我发誓,拿走扫帚的不是我。"
旁白 neutral
Ben nodded. For the first time, Mog actually seemed sincere
本点了点头。这是第一次,莫格看起来真的很真诚。
旁白 neutral
He was pretty sure Mog was telling the truth
他非常确定莫格说的是实话。
旁白 neutral
" Meet me outside after school, by the flagpole," Mog said
"放学后在旗杆旁等我,"莫格说。
旁白 neutral
" We'll come up with a plan together."
"我们会一起想个办法。"
旁白 neutral
After school Ben hurried outside. He was shocked by what he saw
放学后,本急忙跑到外面。他被眼前的景象惊呆了。
旁白 neutral
Several large construction vehicles sat in front of the school
几辆大型施工车停在学校前面。
旁白 neutral
A big bulldozer rumbled loudly, puffing smoke
一辆大推土机轰隆隆地响着,喷着烟。
旁白 neutral
In front of the vehicles stood a man dressed in a dark suit
车前面站着一个穿着深色西装的男人。
旁白 neutral
A few other people stood behind him
还有几个人站在他身后。
旁白 neutral
" That must be Mayor Hubbletree," thought Ben
“那一定是哈勃树镇长。”本想。
旁白 neutral
Mr. Freaky ran out of the school, waving his arms frantically
弗瑞奇先生冲出学校,疯狂地挥舞着胳膊。
旁白 neutral
" Mayor Hubbletree!" cried the principal." What are you doing?"
“哈勃树镇长!”校长喊道,“你在干什么?”
旁白 neutral
" I told you yesterday, Freaky," said the mayor
“我昨天就告诉你了,弗瑞奇。”镇长说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm knocking this place to the ground!"
“我要把这里夷为平地!”
旁白 neutral
" I didn't know you meant so soon!" said Mr. Freaky
“我不知道你会这么快动手!”弗瑞奇先生说。
旁白 neutral
" We need time to move our things out!"
“我们需要时间把东西搬出去!”
旁白 neutral
" The ghost who scared my little boy should have thought of that!"
“那个吓坏我小儿子的鬼魂应该想到这点!”
旁白 neutral
Mayor Hubbletree shot back
哈勃树镇长立刻回敬道。
旁白 neutral
" Mayor, please," said Mr. Freaky
“镇长,拜托了。”弗瑞奇先生说。
旁白 neutral
" Over two hundred monsters attend Monster Academy
“有两百多个怪兽在怪兽学院上学呢。
旁白 neutral
Where will they go to school? Can't you at least wait until next week?"
他们要去哪里上学?难道你不能至少等到下周吗?”
旁白 neutral
Mr. Freaky's lip began to tremble
弗瑞奇先生的嘴唇开始颤抖起来。
旁白 neutral
Ben thought the principal was about to cry
本以为校长快要哭出来了。
旁白 neutral
The mayor sighed." Oh, all right
镇长叹了口气。“哦,好吧。
旁白 neutral
I'll give you one more day. But that's all!"
我再给你一天时间。但仅此而已!”
旁白 neutral
Ben found Mog and rushed over to him." Did you hear that?" asked Ben
本找到莫格,冲到他面前。“你听到了吗?”本问。
旁白 neutral
" We only have one day. You need to think of an idea — fast!"
“我们只有一天时间了。你得赶快想个办法!”
旁白 neutral
Mog shook his head." I can't think fast."
莫格摇了摇头。“我没办法想得那么快。”
旁白 neutral
Ben was about to say something, but Mog put up a claw
本刚想说什么,莫格却举起一只爪子。
旁白 neutral
" I can think slowly though," he said." And I have an idea."
“不过我可以慢慢想办法。”他说,“而且我现在有个主意了。”
旁白 neutral
" What is it?" asked Ben
“什么主意?”本问。
旁白 neutral
" We should sneak back into People Place," said Mog
“我们应该溜回人类镇去。”莫格说。
旁白 neutral
" What!" cried Ben." Sneak back into People Place? That's your big idea?"
“什么!”本叫了起来。“溜回人类镇?这就是你的好主意?”