Level 7 · 小妇人
🎬

E12 · Episodes

012 乔的坚决

乔的坚决

Little Fox Level 7 · Little Women · Episode 12 — 乔的坚决.

80 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It took a few weeks for the family to adjust to homeschooling for Beth and Amy

一家人花了几周时间才适应了贝思和艾米在家上学。

旁白 neutral

Mother, Meg, and Jo all taught different subjects

妈妈、梅格和乔分别教不同的科目。

旁白 neutral

With Beth, it was fairly easy, since they would each assign her a portion to study for the week, and she could do it at her leisure

对贝思来说,这很容易,因为她们每人每周给她布置一部分学习内容,她可以按自己的节奏完成。

旁白 neutral

Being an obedient and grateful girl, Beth never neglected her lessons

贝思是个听话又懂得感恩的女孩,从不耽误功课,

旁白 neutral

making sure she finished all the work first before she allowed time for herself

总是先确保完成所有的学习任务,才给自己留出时间。

旁白 neutral

Even going to Mr. Laurence's every day, as well as playing on her own little piano, did not distract her from carrying on with her studies

即使每天去劳伦斯先生家,还弹自己的小钢琴,也没让她分心,一直坚持学习。

旁白 neutral

Amy, on the other hand, found out that she was not as disciplined as her sister

而艾米呢,发现自己不像姐姐那样自律。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Beth, can we please take a break?

“哦,贝思,我们能休息一下吗?

旁白 neutral

I'm exhausted!" she cried one afternoon as she struggled with a math problem

我累坏了!”一天下午,她被一道数学题难住时叫道。

旁白 neutral

" We just had a break, Amy, and besides, Jo wants us to finish this today," said Beth, pointing to the books stacked on the dining table

“我们刚休息过,艾米,再说乔让我们今天完成这个,”贝思指着餐桌上堆着的书本说。

旁白 neutral

Since Beth and Amy were studying together, Mother felt it best to set aside a certain period of time each day for the girls' lessons

由于贝思和艾米在一起学习,母亲认为最好每天留出一段固定的时间给她们上课。

旁白 neutral

Both Meg and Jo came home around the same time, so they took turns teaching the younger girls for a few hours every afternoon

由于贝思和艾米在一起学习,母亲认为最好每天留出固定的时间段给她们上课。

旁白 neutral

Three times a week, Mother stayed home in the morning to help the girls with other subjects

梅格和乔差不多同时到家,因此她们每天下午轮流给妹妹们上几个小时的课。

旁白 neutral

and on the days that Mother went out for her volunteer work, Beth and Amy were given homework to do

每周有三天,母亲早上待在家里辅导女孩们其他科目,

旁白 neutral

" I hope Jo never becomes a real teacher," complained Amy

而在母亲外出做志愿工作的日子里,贝思和艾米会被布置家庭作业。

旁白 neutral

" I would pity her students if she did

“我希望乔永远别当真正的老师,”艾米抱怨道。

旁白 neutral

Just look at how much she gives us to do! How can I possibly read all that?"

“如果她当了老师,我真同情她的学生。

旁白 neutral

Amy spread her hand toward the books and dramatically flung her pencil down

瞧瞧她给我们布置了多少作业!我怎么可能读得完?”

旁白 neutral

" Well, if you would stop wasting time complaining and actually start reading, then maybe you could finish your assignment by the time you're 20,"

艾米朝那些书摊开手,然后夸张地把铅笔往下一扔。

旁白 neutral

joked Jo as she came into the room carrying more thick textbooks, which she threw on the table

“嗯,你要是能停止浪费时间抱怨,真正开始读书,或许到二十岁时就能完成作业了,”

旁白 neutral

" Jo!" shrieked Amy." What is that? Don't tell me we have to do more math problems?"

“乔!”艾米尖叫道。“那是什么?别告诉我还得做更多数学题?”

旁白 neutral

" You don't have to do all of them tonight," Jo reassured her sister, who let out a sigh of relief

“你不用今晚全部做完。”乔安慰妹妹,艾米听后松了口气。

旁白 neutral

Then Jo immediately added," Some of this is for tomorrow night, since we won't be here."

然后乔立刻补充道:“这些有一部分是明晚的,因为我们不在家。”

旁白 neutral

Amy sat up straight and narrowed her eyes

艾米坐直身体,眯起了眼睛。

旁白 neutral

" Why not? Where are you going? Is Meg going with you?" she questioned

“为什么不在?你们要去哪儿?梅格也去吗?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

Chuckling to herself, Jo flapped a hand at her and said," It's none of your business

乔自顾自地笑了,朝她摆了摆手说:“这不关你的事。

旁白 neutral

Now have you solved that problem yet or not?"

你那道题解出来没?”

旁白 neutral

Just then Meg rushed in, her cheeks flushed and eyes bright with excitement

就在这时,梅格冲了进来,脸颊绯红,眼神因兴奋而闪闪发亮。

旁白 neutral

She secretly whispered something in Jo's ear

她悄悄对着乔耳语了几句。

旁白 neutral

Giggling and speaking in hushed tones, the two girls left the room swiftly

两个女孩一边咯咯笑着,一边低声说着话,快步离开了房间。

旁白 neutral

" That's not nice! You shouldn't whisper in front of others!"

“那样不礼貌!你们不该当着别人的面说悄悄话!”

旁白 neutral

Amy yelled after them. Frustrated, hungry, and cranky, Amy vowed to find out what her sisters were up to

艾米朝她们喊道。沮丧、饥饿又烦躁的艾米发誓要弄清楚姐姐们在搞什么名堂。

旁白 neutral

The March sisters rarely kept secrets from each other

马奇家的姐妹们很少对彼此保密。

旁白 neutral

No wonder Amy found it odd that her sisters would not share their news with her

难怪艾米觉得奇怪,姐姐们竟然不和她分享消息。

旁白 neutral

She had no choice but to find out on her own

她别无选择,只能自己去弄清楚。

旁白 neutral

The next afternoon, both Meg and Jo disappeared into their room as soon as they returned from work

第二天下午,梅格和乔一下班就钻进了自己的房间。

旁白 neutral

Amy could hear a great deal of running around, closet doors opening and shutting, and worst of all, lots of laughter

艾米听到不少跑来跑去的声音,衣柜门开开关关,最糟糕的是,还传来阵阵笑声。

旁白 neutral

Feeling particularly grumpy that day, Amy left Beth to figure out the math equation, and crept upstairs to her sisters' room

那天艾米心情特别不好,她丢下贝思让她自己解数学题,蹑手蹑脚地上了楼,来到姐姐们的房间。

旁白 neutral

Luckily for her, the door was slightly open

对她来说幸运的是,房门微微开着。

旁白 neutral

" Jo, can you help me with my hair?" Meg was saying

“乔,你能帮我弄一下头发吗?”梅格正在说。

旁白 neutral

" As soon as I tie this big Christmas ribbon around my waist," Jo replied, struggling with a satin sash that wound around her dark purple dress

"等我系好腰上这根大圣诞缎带。"乔一边回答,一边费力地摆弄着那条缠绕在她深紫色裙子上的缎面腰带。

旁白 neutral

Giggling, Meg helped her clumsy sister, creating a perfect bow at the back of her dress

梅格咯咯笑着,帮她那笨手笨脚的妹妹在裙子后面打了一个完美的蝴蝶结。

旁白 neutral

" There, that's better," she laughed cheerfully

"好啦,这样好多了。"她开心地笑着说。

旁白 neutral

Then through the mirror, she caught sight of an uninvited guest

这时,她透过镜子瞥见了一位不速之客。

旁白 neutral

" I think we have a visitor," she remarked to Jo

"看来我们有个访客。"她对乔说道。

旁白 neutral

Jo swung around and caught Amy peering through the door

乔猛地转过身,发现艾米正从门口偷看。

旁白 neutral

" What are you doing? And why aren't you downstairs doing your lessons?" she barked

"你在干什么?你为什么不在楼下做功课?"她厉声问道。

旁白 neutral

Amy stubbornly cocked her head and replied nastily," Where are you going?

艾米倔强地昂起头,不客气地回答:"你们要去哪儿?

旁白 neutral

Does Mother know? If she doesn't, I'm going to tell."

妈妈知道吗?要是不知道,我就要去告状了。"

旁白 neutral

Jo pinched Amy hard on her arm causing her to squeal like a pig

乔狠狠地掐了一下艾米的胳膊,疼得她像小猪一样尖叫起来。

旁白 neutral

" You nasty little worm! I told you to mind your own business!

“你这讨厌的小跟屁虫!我告诉过你别多管闲事!”

旁白 neutral

As for whether or not Mother knows, do you think we'd sneak around behind Mother's back without getting her permission to go out?" Jo shouted

“至于妈妈知不知道,你以为我们会不经她允许,就偷偷背着她溜出去吗?”乔喊道。

旁白 neutral

" You hurt me! My arm is bruised!" moaned Amy, rubbing the red spot on her arm

“你弄疼我了!我的胳膊都青了!”艾米揉着胳膊上的红印,呻吟着说。

旁白 neutral

" Serves you right!" said Jo sternly." Now go downstairs and do your lessons!"

“你活该!”乔严厉地说。“现在下楼去做你的功课!”

旁白 neutral

" Just tell me where you're going then," cried Amy

“那就告诉我你们要去哪儿呀,”艾米喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Jo, why don't we just tell her?" Meg said, trying to make peace

“乔,我们干嘛不就直接告诉她呢?”梅格试图打圆场。

旁白 neutral

" Fine, but don't start crying because you can't come!"

“好吧,但可别因为不能去就哭鼻子!”

旁白 neutral

Jo turned her back and continued to get ready

乔转过身去,继续做准备。

旁白 neutral

Meg gently rubbed Amy's arm and began in her motherly way," Laurie has invited us to―"

梅格温柔地揉着艾米的胳膊,以她大姐姐的口吻开始说:“劳里邀请我们去——”

旁白 neutral

But before she could finish, Amy interrupted by screaming

但她话还没说完,艾米就尖叫着打断了她,

旁白 neutral

" You're going to the theater! You're going to see that play!

“你们是要去剧院!你们要去看那出戏!

旁白 neutral

I wanted to see it! I'm the one who told you about it!"

我想看的!还是我告诉你们这出戏的!”

旁白 neutral

Neither Meg nor Jo could deny it, for it was indeed Amy who had mentioned the very theater production a few weeks ago

梅格和乔都无法否认,因为确实,几周前正是艾米提到了这出戏剧。

旁白 neutral

She had heard about it from her friend Kitty

她是从她朋友基蒂那里听说的。

旁白 neutral

" Well, darling, Laurie already saw it and he didn't think it was suitable for young ones..."

“哦,亲爱的,劳里已经看过了,他觉得这不适合小孩子……”

旁白 neutral

Meg tried to reason with her frantic sister

梅格试图和她激动的妹妹讲道理。

旁白 neutral

" That's not fair! I want to go! Please, I'm very mature for my age!" Amy continued to argue

“这不公平!我想去!求你们了,我在同龄人里算很懂事了!”艾米继续争辩。

旁白 neutral

" Well, I know you are, but, well, maybe if we ask..."

“嗯,我知道你是,但是,呃,也许如果我们问一下……”

旁白 neutral

Meg struggled to find the right words to say

梅格努力寻找着合适的措辞。

旁白 neutral

" No!" Jo slammed the closet door and stamped her feet

“不行!”乔砰地关上柜门,跺着脚。

旁白 neutral

" No, no, no! You are not coming with us because you are not invited!

“不行,不行,不行!你不能跟我们一起去,因为你没被邀请!

旁白 neutral

If you're as mature as you say you are, stop screaming like a monkey, and get back to your lessons!"

如果你真像自己说的那么懂事,就别像猴子一样尖叫,回去做你的功课!”

旁白 neutral

" I hate you, Jo March! I hate you!" Amy screamed at the top of her lungs

“我恨你,乔·马奇!我恨你!”艾米声嘶力竭地尖叫。

旁白 neutral

" You're going to pay for this! I swear you're going to be sorry!"

“你会为此付出代价的!我发誓你会后悔的!”

旁白 neutral

Amy collapsed on the floor, wailing and throwing her fists around in frustration

艾米瘫倒在地板上,嚎啕大哭,懊恼地胡乱挥舞着拳头。

旁白 neutral

Jo, grabbing her bag, stepped right over her, and when she got to the door, turned around one last time and said in a spiteful voice

乔抓起她的包,直接从她身上跨过去,走到门口时,最后一次转过身,恶狠狠地说,

旁白 neutral

" You'd better not be in here when we get back

“我们回来时,你最好别待在这儿。

旁白 neutral

And you'd better have finished the work I gave you or else you're in big trouble, young lady!"

而且你最好把我给你布置的功课做完,否则你就麻烦大了,小姐!”

旁白 neutral

Meg, looking apologetically at her youngest sister, quietly followed Jo out of the room

梅格歉疚地看着她的小妹妹,默默地跟着乔走出了房间。

旁白 neutral

" I promise you will pay for this, Josephine March," sniffed Amy

“我发誓你会为此付出代价的,约瑟芬·马奇,”艾米抽泣着说。