Level 7 · 小妇人
🎬

E11 · Episodes

011 艾米惹上麻烦

艾米惹上麻烦

Little Fox Level 7 · Little Women · Episode 11 — 艾米惹上麻烦.

79 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Things were not going well for Amy March

艾米·马奇的日子不好过了。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, why, oh, why did I have to get these horrid limes," she lamented to herself

“哦,为什么,哦,我为什么要带这些讨厌的酸橙呢,”她暗自懊悔。

旁白 neutral

It's true that Amy wanted to be popular or at least liked by the popular girls

确实,艾米想受欢迎,或者至少被那些受欢迎的女生喜欢。

旁白 neutral

She had always wanted to be the center of attention and experience what it would be like to have everyone look up to her

她一直想成为众人瞩目的焦点,体验一下被大家仰慕是什么感觉。

旁白 neutral

She would get her wish shortly, but not in the way she hoped

她的愿望很快就会实现,但并非以她期望的方式。

旁白 neutral

" Miss March," Mr. Davis called to her, still hitting the menacing stick against his hand

“马奇小姐,”戴维斯先生叫她,手里仍用那根吓人的棍子敲打着自己的手掌。

旁白 neutral

Amy felt her throat go dry, her hairs and feet suddenly got cold, and the hairs on her neck stood up stiff

艾米觉得喉咙发干,手脚突然冰凉,脖子后面的汗毛都竖了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Stand up," the teacher ordered

“站起来,”老师命令道。

旁白 neutral

Next to her, Amy could hear Kitty whimpering and from the corner of her eye, she saw Jenny smiling wickedly at her

艾米能听到身旁的基蒂在低声啜泣,余光瞥见珍妮正对她坏笑。

旁白 neutral

That did it. Amy had disobeyed Mr. Davis' rule, but she was not a coward; she would accept whatever punishment fit the crime

这下她下定了决心。艾米违反了戴维斯先生的规定,但她不是胆小鬼;她会接受任何与过错相称的惩罚。

旁白 neutral

Her parents had taught her that when she misbehaved, she should confess and face the consequences with dignity and humility

她的父母曾教导她,当自己做错事时,应当坦白承认,并以尊严和谦逊的态度去面对后果。

旁白 neutral

With shaking legs, and trying her best to hide her trembling hands, Amy stood up

艾米双腿发着抖,并尽力藏起自己颤抖的双手,站了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Do you have a bag of limes in your desk?" Mr. Davis asked

“你课桌里是有一袋酸橙吗?”戴维斯先生问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, sir, I do," Amy replied bluntly

“是的,先生,我有。”艾米直截了当地回答。

旁白 neutral

All the girls gasped loudly and some of them ( Amy suspected Kitty was one ) even began crying

所有的女孩都大声倒抽了一口气,有些人(艾米怀疑基蒂就是其中之一)甚至哭了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Bring your bag and yourself up here." Mr. Davis tapped his desk at the front of the room with the stick

“拿着你的袋子,到这儿来。”戴维斯先生用教鞭敲了敲教室前面的讲桌。

旁白 neutral

Reaching into her desk, Amy grabbed the bag of limes ( nineteen still remaining ) and began the dreaded walk to where Mr. Davis stood

艾米把手伸进课桌,抓起那袋酸橙(还剩下十九个),开始了那段令人生畏的走动,朝着戴维斯先生站着的地方走去。

旁白 neutral

Amy could feel the eyes of her classmates burning the back of her head as she passed them, but she refused to look at anyone

走过同学身边时,艾米能感觉到她们的目光火辣辣地盯在自己的后脑勺上,但她拒绝看任何人。

旁白 neutral

All she could think about was how disappointed Mother and her sisters would be after they heard about this incident

她满脑子想的都是母亲和姐姐们听说这件事后,会多么失望。

旁白 neutral

" Do you not know what I said about limes in my classroom?"

“你是不知道我讲过关于把酸橙带到教室里的规定吗?”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Davis shouted suddenly, causing Amy to shrink back

戴维斯老师突然大喝一声,吓得艾米往后缩了回去。

旁白 neutral

Grabbing the bag of limes, he walked briskly to the window

他一把抓起那袋酸橙,大步流星地走到窗边,

旁白 neutral

opened it with his stick, and to the horror of all observers, emptied the contents onto the streets below

用手杖拨开窗户,在全班惊恐的注视下,把整袋酸橙都倒到了楼下的街上。

旁白 neutral

Then, turning around, he looked at Amy and said: " Miss March, you have greatly disappointed me

然后,他转过身,看着艾米说:“马奇小姐,你让我非常失望。

旁白 neutral

I do not delight in what I am about to do, but I am a man who keeps his word."

我接下来要做的事,我自己也丝毫不觉得高兴,但我是一个言出必行的人。”

旁白 neutral

He walked over to her and commanded her to open her hands, palms facing upward

他走到她面前,命令她伸出手,掌心朝上。

旁白 neutral

Lifting the stick high above his head, he slapped her palms once, twice, then three times more

他将手杖高高举过头顶,一下、两下、接着又是三下,打在艾米的掌心上。

旁白 neutral

Each slap, painful as it was, was nothing compared to how the teacher hurt Amy next

每一次抽打固然疼痛,却远比不上老师接下来对艾米造成的伤害。

旁白 neutral

" To remind others who think they can get away with breaking my rules

“为了让那些自以为违反我的规矩也能逍遥法外的人长个记性,

旁白 neutral

you, Miss March, will stand here in front of the class for the remainder of the morning lesson

你,马奇小姐,将在全班同学面前罚站,直到上午的课结束,

旁白 neutral

as a living example of what happens to those who disrespect, disobey, and disregard my words."

来作为活生生的例子,让大家看看不尊重、不服从、无视我话语的人会有什么下场。”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Davis positioned Amy in front of the blackboard so that everyone in the class

戴维斯先生把艾米安排在黑板前,这样全班同学

旁白 neutral

had a clear view of her and would have to continue to look at her shame throughout the morning

都能清楚地看到她,并且整个上午都得一直看着她这副羞愧的样子。

旁白 neutral

For Amy, this was the most humiliating, not to mention most heartbreaking experience she ever had in her life

对艾米来说,这是她有生以来最丢脸,也最让她伤心的经历。

旁白 neutral

She acknowledged her wrongdoing and willingly received the punishment of five slaps on her hands

她承认自己做错了,也心甘情愿地接受了手心挨打五下的惩罚。

旁白 neutral

This, however, to be displayed like a common criminal, was too excessive and unbearable for the young girl

然而,像普通的罪犯一样被当众示众,这对这个小姑娘来说太过分了,让她无法忍受。

旁白 neutral

Still, she kept her head high, refused to let the teacher or her classmates see her internal suffering, and did not shed a single tear

尽管如此,她仍然高昂着头,绝不让老师或同学看到她内心的痛苦,一滴眼泪也没掉。

旁白 neutral

Even so, at that precise moment Amy resolved in her heart that she would never return to school again

即便如此,就在那一刻,艾米在心里下定决心,她再也不回学校了。

旁白 neutral

After Amy got home, she spilled her heart out to her family

艾米回到家后,向家人哭诉了自己的委屈。

旁白 neutral

Everyone, including Beth, who usually saw the good in all people and situations, agreed that Mr. Davis behaved inappropriately

每个人都认为戴维斯先生的行为很不恰当,就连总能看到别人和事情好的一面的贝丝也这么觉得。

旁白 neutral

" Poor Amy. I wish I could have taken your place," Beth wept along with her younger sister

“可怜的艾米。真希望我能替你受罚,”贝丝陪着妹妹一起掉眼泪。

旁白 neutral

" Take her place?" shouted Jo, who stopped pacing to throw her fist up and shake it vigorously

“替她?”乔停下了踱步,挥舞着拳头大喊道。

旁白 neutral

" If it were me, I would have smacked him right across the jaw and knock him down!

“换作是我,我早就狠狠甩他一耳光,把他打倒在地!”

旁白 neutral

In fact, I think I just may do that! How dare he humiliate my sister in this way?"

“其实,我正打算这么做!他怎么敢这样羞辱我妹妹?”

旁白 neutral

For once Amy did not rebuke Jo for her unladylike behavior or her aggressive boyish attitudes

这一次,艾米没有责备乔不像淑女的举止,或是她好斗的男孩子气。

旁白 neutral

Mother, however, was concerned, although in her heart, she was in complete agreement with her short-tempered daughter

然而,母亲却很担忧,尽管在她心里,她完全认同这个急性子女儿的想法。

旁白 neutral

" Jo, where will violence get you? Do you think taking revenge is the solution to this problem?"

“乔,暴力能带给你什么?你觉得报复就是解决问题的办法吗?”

旁白 neutral

Jo, cracking her knuckles, did not answer her mother

乔掰着指关节,没有回答母亲。

旁白 neutral

Mother continued in a patient yet firm voice: " Violent thoughts lead to violent acts

母亲用耐心而坚定的口吻继续说道:“暴力的念头会导致暴力的行为。

旁白 neutral

Your father and I do not want any of our girls to be revengeful

爸爸和我都不希望我们的女儿心怀报复。”

旁白 neutral

We must think with our heads; not react with our hearts."

我们得用头脑思考,不能凭感情用事。"

旁白 neutral

" I agree with you, Mother, but I can understand Jo's point of view as well

"我同意您,妈妈,但我也能理解乔的想法。"

旁白 neutral

I don't think we should allow Mr. Davis to get away with such maltreatment of his pupils," Meg unexpectedly spoke up

我认为我们不能让戴维斯老师这样虐待学生却不受追究,"梅格出乎意料地说道。

旁白 neutral

Nodding, Mother soothed her youngest daughter's head which was lying across her lap

母亲点点头,抚摸着躺在她腿上的小女儿的头。

旁白 neutral

Looking down at her," Amy, dearest, you are the victim of this distressing affair

她低头看着艾米:"最亲爱的艾米,你是这件痛心事的受害者。"

旁白 neutral

What do you think should be done?"

你觉得该怎么做呢?"

旁白 neutral

Sniffing and hiccupping, Amy answered in a hoarse voice: " I want to forget everything that happened today

艾米抽噎着,用沙哑的声音回答:"我想忘掉今天发生的一切。"

旁白 neutral

But I don't want to go back to school

但我不想再回学校了。

旁白 neutral

I can't, Mother. I won't learn from him. I don't want to."

我做不到,妈妈。我不会跟他学了。我不想。"

旁白 neutral

Mother continued to stroke her hair, considering Amy's request

母亲继续抚摸着她的头发,考虑着艾米的请求。

旁白 neutral

" Amy and I could homeschool together, Mother," suggested Beth

"妈妈,艾米和我可以在家一起学习,"贝丝提议道。

旁白 neutral

" It will be so much nicer for me to have a fellow pupil than to do my lessons on my own."

"有个同学一起,比我一个人上课要好得多。"

旁白 neutral

" Please, Mother, may I stay at home with Beth and study here?

"求您了,妈妈,我能待在家里和贝丝一起学习吗?

旁白 neutral

Please don't send me back to that dreadful place," pleaded Amy

请别把我送回那个可怕的地方,"艾米恳求道。

旁白 neutral

" I can spare a few hours a week helping the girls with their lessons," offered Jo, who thought Amy's idea was an excellent one

"我每周可以抽出几个小时辅导她们功课,"乔主动提出,她觉得艾米的主意好极了。

旁白 neutral

" And I can check their homework," proposed Meg

"我可以检查她们的作业,"梅格提议。

旁白 neutral

Mother looked at each daughter with approval and appreciation

母亲赞许而欣慰地看着每个女儿。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I think that will be the best for now

"好的,我想目前这样最好。

旁白 neutral

Of course after Father returns from the war, he will have the final say in the matter

当然,等父亲从战场回来后,这件事由他最终决定。

旁白 neutral

For now, however, Amy, you may stay home and do your lessons."

不过现在,艾米,你可以留在家里学习。"

旁白 neutral

Happily, Amy sprang up and hugged her mother and sisters

艾米高兴地跳起来,拥抱了母亲和姐姐们。

旁白 neutral

" But you must promise to listen to your sisters and do your work

"但你必须保证听姐姐们的话,完成功课。

旁白 neutral

Studying at home will be no different from studying at school

在家学习和在学校学习没什么不同。

旁白 neutral

Do you understand?" Mother asked in a warning tone

明白吗?"母亲用告诫的语气问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, Mother, I promise to faithfully do my lessons

"明白,妈妈,我保证会认真完成功课。

旁白 neutral

Beth and I will be model pupils

贝丝和我一定做模范学生。

旁白 neutral

Just you wait and see," Amy replied in her usual cheery way

您就等着瞧吧,"艾米用她惯常的欢快语气回答。

旁白 neutral

Early the next morning, Mother paid a visit to Amy's school and teacher

第二天一早,母亲去拜访了艾米的学校和老师。

旁白 neutral

She kindly thanked him for his efforts, collected Amy's belongings, and with a cool nod, left without a backward glance

她客气地感谢了他的付出,取回艾米的物品,冷淡地点点头,头也不回地离开了。