E24 · Episodes
024 面包师
面包师
Little Fox Level 6 · A Little Princess · Episode 24 — 面包师.
79 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
That evening the students gathered in the schoolroom
那天晚上,学生们聚集在教室里。
旁白 neutral
They were talking about Miss Minchin
她们在谈论敏钦小姐。
旁白 neutral
She had been angry ever since she returned from the house next door, but the students didn't know why
她从隔壁房子回来后一直很生气,但学生们不知道为什么。
旁白 neutral
Ermengarde rushed into the room with a note in her hand
埃芒加德手里拿着一张便条冲进了房间。
旁白 neutral
" Sara sent a note!" she exclaimed." Her fortune has been given back to her
“萨拉送来了一张便条!”她喊道。“她的财产已经归还给她了。
旁白 neutral
She's going to live with the gentleman next door!"
她要和隔壁的那位绅士一起住了!”
旁白 neutral
" What? How did this happen?" the girls asked eagerly
“什么?这是怎么发生的?”女孩们急切地问道。
旁白 neutral
Everyone wanted to hear more from Ermengarde
每个人都想听埃芒加德再多说些。
旁白 neutral
Meanwhile little Lottie burst into tears
这时候,小洛蒂突然哭了起来。
旁白 neutral
She wanted Sara to stay at the school!
她想要萨拉留在学校!
旁白 neutral
" Sara says there really were diamond mines," Ermengarde went on
“萨拉说钻石矿是真的存在,”埃芒加德继续说道。
旁白 neutral
" They were filled with millions of diamonds, and she owns half of them
“矿里装满了无数钻石,而且她拥有一半呢。
旁白 neutral
She's invited me to visit her tomorrow, and I am going!"
她邀请我明天去看她,我要去!”
旁白 neutral
The girls chattered loudly about this news
女孩们七嘴八舌地大声议论着这个消息。
旁白 neutral
Miss Minchin heard their noise and thought about scolding them, but she was not in the mood
明钦小姐听到了喧闹声,本想训斥她们,却没那个心情。
旁白 neutral
Becky also heard them. She crept upstairs earlier than usual
贝基也听到了。她比平时更早地蹑手蹑脚上了楼。
旁白 neutral
" Well, that's the end of that," she said to herself
“唉,一切都结束了。”她自言自语道。
旁白 neutral
Her eyes filled with tears as she climbed the last flight of stairs
当她爬上最后一段楼梯时,眼里噙满了泪水。
旁白 neutral
She wanted to have one last look at the beautiful things in Sara's room
她想最后再看一眼萨拉房间里那些美好的东西。
旁白 neutral
" No more fire or rosy lamp," she thought
“再也不会有炉火或玫瑰色的灯了。”她想。
旁白 neutral
" No more supper or anyone telling me stories all night long."
再也没有晚餐,也没有人整夜给我讲故事了。
旁白 neutral
She choked back a sob as she opened the door
她打开门时,强忍着抽泣。
旁白 neutral
But then she let out a low cry. A fire was blazing — and there stood Ram Dass
但她随即发出一声低低的惊呼。炉火烧得正旺——而拉姆·达斯就站在那里。
旁白 neutral
" Miss Sara did not forget you," he said
“萨拉小姐没有忘记你。”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Tomorrow you will go next door to live as her maid."
“明天你就去隔壁,以她女仆的身份住下来。”
旁白 neutral
" What?" Becky could not believe what she was hearing
“什么?”贝基简直不敢相信自己的耳朵。
旁白 neutral
" And here's some supper," said Ram Dass
“这里还有些晚饭。”拉姆·达斯说道。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, thank you!" Becky shouted happily
“哦,谢谢你!”贝基高兴地喊道。
旁白 neutral
As time passed, Sara became very close friends with Mr. Carrisford
随着时间流逝,萨拉和卡里斯福特先生成了非常亲密的朋友。
旁白 neutral
The gentleman had never had a companion whom he liked as much as he liked Sara!
这位绅士从未有过像萨拉这样令他喜欢的伙伴!
旁白 neutral
One evening they were sitting together as usual
一天晚上,他们像往常一样坐在一起。
旁白 neutral
Mr. Carrisford was reading. Sara was staring into the fire
卡里斯福特先生在看书。萨拉凝视着炉火。
旁白 neutral
" What are you thinking about, Sara?" he asked
“你在想什么,萨拉?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
She looked up, her cheeks bright pink
她抬起头,脸颊绯红。
旁白 neutral
" I was remembering a day when I was hungry."
“我在回想有一天我很饿的时候。”
旁白 neutral
" You were hungry many days," Mr. Carrisford replied
“你有很多天都很饿,”卡里斯福特先生回答。
旁白 neutral
" Which hungry day was it?"
“是哪一天饿肚子呢?”
旁白 neutral
" The day when I gave the buns to the beggar girl."
“我把面包给那个乞丐女孩的那天。”
旁白 neutral
Sara told him about finding money in the sloppy mud outside the bakery
萨拉告诉他,如何在面包店外的泥泞里捡到钱。
旁白 neutral
" You say that I have so much money now
“你说我现在有很多钱了。
旁白 neutral
Do you think I could use some to help the poor?"
“您觉得我可以用一些来帮助穷人吗?”
旁白 neutral
" What would you do?" Mr. Carrisford asked softly
“你会怎么做?”卡里斯福特先生轻声问道。
旁白 neutral
Sara hesitated." I'd like the baker to feed any hungry children she sees
萨拉犹豫了一下。“我想让面包师喂饱她看到的任何饥饿的孩子。
旁白 neutral
Then she could send the bill to me."
然后她可以把账单寄给我。”
旁白 neutral
Mr. Carrisford instantly nodded." That's a wonderful idea!"
卡里斯福特先生立刻点了点头。“这个主意真棒!”
旁白 neutral
The next day Sara and Mr. Carrisford visited the baker
第二天,萨拉和卡里斯福特先生拜访了面包师。
旁白 neutral
The woman looked closely at Sara." Have we met before?"
那位女士仔细端详着萨拉。“我们以前见过吗?”
旁白 neutral
Her friendly face lit up." I feel that I remember you, but I cannot quite — "
她和善的脸上露出光彩。“我觉得我记得你,但我不太能——”
旁白 neutral
" You once gave me six buns when I could only pay for four!" said Sara
“你有一次在我只能付四个面包的钱时,给了我六个!”萨拉说。
旁白 neutral
" And then you gave five of them to a beggar child!" the woman replied
“然后你把其中的五个给了一个小乞丐!”那位女士回答说。
旁白 neutral
" I always remembered that." The baker turned to Mr. Carrisford
“我一直记得那件事。”面包师转向卡里斯福特先生。
旁白 neutral
" There aren't many children who would do that."
“没有多少孩子会这么做。”
旁白 neutral
She looked closely at Sara again." Excuse me, miss, but you look different
她又仔细端详了萨拉。“抱歉,小姐,但您看起来不一样了。
旁白 neutral
Your cheeks are rosy now, and you appear quite healthy."
您的脸颊现在红润了,看起来很健康。”
旁白 neutral
" My life has changed," Sara said
“我的生活变了。”萨拉说。
旁白 neutral
" I was wondering if you could do something for me."
“我在想,您能不能帮我做件事。”
旁白 neutral
She explained her plan involving poor children and free buns
她解释了她那个关于贫困孩子和免费面包的计划。
旁白 neutral
The woman watched her, listening with an astonished face
那女人看着她,一脸惊讶地听着。
旁白 neutral
" Why, I'd be happy to do that," said the baker
“哎呀,我很乐意这么做。”面包师说。
旁白 neutral
" In fact you've already inspired me
“实际上,您已经激励了我。
旁白 neutral
You looked so cold and hungry, and yet you gave away those buns
您当时看起来又冷又饿,却还是把那些面包送人了。
旁白 neutral
I've often fed poor children since that day."
从那天起,我常常给穷孩子们吃东西。”
旁白 neutral
" I wonder where that beggar girl is now," Sara said
“我想知道那个要饭的女孩现在在哪里。”萨拉说。
旁白 neutral
" Why, she's right here!" the baker replied
“哎呀,她就在这里!”面包师回答。
旁白 neutral
" I told her to come back whenever she was hungry
“我跟她说过,饿了就随时回来。
旁白 neutral
I gave her odd jobs and she turned out to be a good worker
我给她一些零活,她结果成了个好帮手。
旁白 neutral
Her name is Anne."
她叫安妮。”
旁白 neutral
The baker went into the back room and brought Anne out
面包师走进后面的房间,把安妮带了出来。
旁白 neutral
Anne was healthy and well fed now
安妮现在身体健康,吃得饱饱的。
旁白 neutral
The two girls stood looking at each other for a minute
两个女孩站了一会儿,互相看着。
旁白 neutral
Then Sara held out her hand, and Anne took it
然后萨拉伸出手,安妮握住了它。
旁白 neutral
" I'm so glad that you're doing well," said Sara
“看到你现在过得这么好,我真高兴。”萨拉说。
旁白 neutral
" The baker is going to give buns to poor children
“面包师要给穷孩子们送面包。
旁白 neutral
Perhaps you'd like to be the one who hands out the food
也许你愿意做那个分发食物的人。
旁白 neutral
After all, you know what it's like to be hungry."
毕竟,你知道挨饿的滋味。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh yes, miss," said Anne." I'd like that very much."
“哦,是的,小姐。”安妮说,“我非常愿意。”
旁白 neutral
The little princess was very pleased
小公主非常高兴。
旁白 neutral
" You'll quickly discover what I have discovered," she told Anne
“你很快就会明白我懂得的道理。”她对安妮说。
旁白 neutral
" There is great joy in giving."
“给予会带来巨大的快乐。”