Level 6 · 小公主
🎬

E23 · Episodes

023 女孩被找到

女孩被找到

Little Fox Level 6 · A Little Princess · Episode 23 — 女孩被找到.

80 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Sara stared at Mr. Carrisford, startled

萨拉惊讶地盯着卡里斯福德先生。

旁白 neutral

His expression had changed. Was something wrong?

他的表情变了。出什么事了吗?

旁白 neutral

" You were born in India?" he exclaimed

“你是在印度出生的?”他大声说道。

旁白 neutral

" Come here." Mr. Carrisford held out his hand to Sara

“过来。”卡里斯福德先生向萨拉伸出手。

旁白 neutral

She went to him and laid her hand in his." Yes, I was."

她走过去,把手放在他的手里。“是的,我是。”

旁白 neutral

" And you live next door?" he went on." But you're not one of the students?"

“而且你住在隔壁?”他继续问道,“但你不是这里的学生之一?”

旁白 neutral

" I used to be a student, but now..." A sad smile crossed Sara's face

“我以前是学生,但现在……”萨拉的脸上掠过一丝悲伤的微笑。

旁白 neutral

" Now I don't know who I am. I sleep in the attic with the kitchen maid

“现在我不知道我是谁了。我和厨房女佣一起睡在阁楼里。

旁白 neutral

I run errands for the cook, and do whatever she tells me

我为厨师跑腿,她让我做什么我就做什么。

旁白 neutral

And I teach the little ones their lessons."

我还给小家伙们上课。”

旁白 neutral

" Question her, Mr. Carmichael." The sick gentleman sank back in his chair." I'm too weak."

“卡迈克尔先生,问问题她吧。”那位生病的先生陷回椅子里,“我太虚弱了。”

旁白 neutral

The big, kind father of the Large family had daughters

拉奇家那位高大和蔼的父亲有好几个女儿。

旁白 neutral

He knew just how to talk to girls Sara's age

他非常知道该如何与萨拉这般年纪的女孩交谈。

旁白 neutral

" You used to be a student?" Mr. Carmichael asked kindly

“你曾经也是一名学生?”卡迈克尔先生温和地问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, when my papa first took me to the school," Sara replied

“是的,在我爸爸第一次送我去那所学校的时候。”萨拉回答道。

旁白 neutral

" Where is he now?" Mr. Carmichael asked

“他现在在哪儿?”卡迈克尔先生问。

旁白 neutral

" He died in India," Sara said very quietly

“他死在印度了。”萨拉非常轻声地说。

旁白 neutral

" He lost all his money and there was no one left to care for me, or pay Miss Minchin."

“他把所有的钱都赔光了,再也没有人能照顾我,或者给铭钦小姐付钱了。”

旁白 neutral

" Carmichael!" called out Mr. Carrisford." Carmichael!"

“卡迈克尔!”卡里斯福德先生喊道,“卡迈克尔!”

旁白 neutral

" We must not frighten her," Mr. Carmichael said quietly

“我们不能吓到她。”卡迈克尔先生轻声说。

旁白 neutral

Then he turned back to Sara

然后他转向萨拉。

旁白 neutral

" So you were sent up into the attic and turned into a servant. Is that right?"

“所以你被赶到了阁楼上,变成了仆人。是吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," Sara said." There was no money, and I belong to nobody."

“是的,”萨拉说,“没有钱,我无依无靠。”

旁白 neutral

" How did your father lose his money?" Mr. Carrisford asked

“你父亲是怎么失去钱的?”卡里斯福德先生问道。

旁白 neutral

He took a few deep breaths to stay calm

他深吸了几口气,努力保持冷静。

旁白 neutral

" He did not lose it himself." Sara explained how her father had invested in his friend's diamond mines

“不是他自己弄丢的。”萨拉解释说她父亲投资了他朋友的钻石矿。

旁白 neutral

" He was very fond of this friend, but he trusted him too much."

“他很喜欢这个朋友,但他太信任他了。”

旁白 neutral

The sick gentleman gasped." What was your father's name?"

那位生病的先生倒吸一口气。“你父亲叫什么名字?”

旁白 neutral

" Captain Ralph Crewe."

“拉尔夫·克鲁上尉。”

旁白 neutral

" It's the child!" cried Mr. Carrisford

“就是那个孩子!”卡里斯福德先生喊道。

旁白 neutral

" What is he talking about?" Sara asked Mr. Carmichael

“他在说什么?”萨拉问卡迈克尔先生。

旁白 neutral

" Mr. Carrisford was your father's friend

“卡里斯福德先生是你父亲的朋友。

旁白 neutral

He didn't really lose your father's money. He only thought he did

他并没有真的弄丢你父亲的钱。他只是以为自己弄丢了。

旁白 neutral

He was terribly upset, and that made him very ill."

他非常难过,结果病得很重。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, how awful!" said Sara

“哦,太可怕了!”萨拉说。

旁白 neutral

" You are now a very wealthy young lady," continued Mr. Carmichael

“你现在是一位非常富有的年轻小姐了,”卡迈克尔先生继续说。

旁白 neutral

" We've been searching for you for a long time."

“我们找了你很久了。”

旁白 neutral

" And I was right next door!" Sara said in amazement

“而我就在隔壁!”萨拉惊讶地说。

旁白 neutral

" I often saw you pass by my house," Mr. Carrisford said

“我经常看到你从我家门前经过,”卡里斯福德先生说。

旁白 neutral

" You always looked so miserable

“你看起来总是那么可怜。

旁白 neutral

I couldn't find my friend's daughter, but I could help you."

我找不到朋友的女儿,但我可以帮助你。

旁白 neutral

Sara was very surprised." You sent the beautiful things to me?"

萨拉非常惊讶。“那些漂亮东西是你送我的?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, with the help of Ram Dass."

“是的,有拉姆·达斯帮忙。”

旁白 neutral

" Then you're my mysterious friend!" Sara gave Mr. Carrisford a big hug

“那你就是我的神秘朋友!”萨拉给了卡里斯福德先生一个大大的拥抱。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, thank you!"

“哦,谢谢你!”

旁白 neutral

" You don't have to go back to the school," he said." Would you like that?"

“你不用回学校了,”他说,“你愿意吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh yes, but Miss Minchin will be upset."

“哦,愿意,可是明钦小姐会不高兴的。”

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile the headmistress had learned that Sara was next door

这时,女校长已经得知萨拉就在隔壁。

旁白 neutral

She was very angry

她非常生气。

旁白 neutral

She marched over to Mr. Carrisford's house, and Ram Dass led her into the sitting room

她大步闯进卡里斯福德先生家,拉姆·达斯把她领进了客厅。

旁白 neutral

" Go home at once!" Miss Minchin ordered Sara

“立刻回家去!”明钦小姐命令萨拉。

旁白 neutral

" I'm sure you're disturbing everyone!"

“我肯定你打扰到所有人了!”

旁白 neutral

" No," said Mr. Carrisford. He patted Sara's hand

“不,”卡里斯福德先生说。他轻轻拍了拍萨拉的手。

旁白 neutral

" Sara will be living here from now on."

“萨拉从现在起要住在这里了。”

旁白 neutral

" Here?" Miss Minchin exclaimed

“这里?”明钦小姐惊呼道。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps I should explain," Mr. Carmichael said

“也许我该解释一下,”卡迈克尔先生说。

旁白 neutral

He told her the story of the diamond mines

他告诉了她关于钻石矿的故事。

旁白 neutral

" We've been looking for Sara. She's the heiress to a huge fortune."

“我们一直在寻找萨拉。她是一大笔财产的继承人。”

旁白 neutral

Miss Minchin was stunned at this news

明钦小姐听到这个消息惊得目瞪口呆。

旁白 neutral

But she wasn't going to let Sara get away now that she was rich

但现在萨拉有钱了,她可不打算让她就此离开。

旁白 neutral

" Captain Crewe left Sara in my charge," the headmistress insisted

“克鲁上尉把萨拉托付给我照管,”女校长坚持说。

旁白 neutral

" She must return to my school until she's an adult. It's the law."

“她必须回到我的学校,直到她成年。这是法律。”

旁白 neutral

" No, it's not the law," said Mr. Carmichael

“不,这不是法律,”卡迈克尔先生说。

旁白 neutral

He knew about such things because he was a lawyer

他知道这些事情,因为他是一名律师。

旁白 neutral

" I'm sure Sara wants to return home with me," Miss Minchin said

“我肯定萨拉想跟我回家,”明钦小姐说。

旁白 neutral

" You know I've always been fond of you, Sara

“你知道我一直都很喜欢你,萨拉。

旁白 neutral

If it hadn't been for me, you would have starved!"

要不是我,你早就饿死了!”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Carrisford lost his temper." She was starving in your attic!"

卡里斯福德先生发了脾气。“她在你的阁楼上都快饿死了!”

旁白 neutral

" You're not fond of me," Sara chimed in, looking at the headmistress

“你并不喜欢我,”萨拉插话道,看着女校长。

旁白 neutral

" The school is not my home, and you've treated me cruelly

“学校不是我的家,而且你待我很残酷。

旁白 neutral

I won't go back with you."

我不会跟你回去的。”

旁白 neutral

" Fine," snapped Miss Minchin," but you'll never see your friends again

“好,”明钦小姐厉声说道,“但你别想再见到你的朋友们了。

旁白 neutral

I'll make sure that Lottie and Ermengarde — "

我会确保洛蒂和埃芒加德——”

旁白 neutral

" Don't be ridiculous," said Mr. Carmichael

“别荒谬了,”卡迈克尔先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Their parents won't let them refuse Sara's invitations to visit here."

“她们的父母不会让她们拒绝萨拉邀请来这里做客的。”

旁白 neutral

Miss Minchin turned to leave

明钦小姐转身要离开。

旁白 neutral

" You'll soon find out what Sara is like," she said to the men

“你们很快就会知道萨拉是个什么样的人了,”她对那两位男士说。

旁白 neutral

" She's dishonest and spoiled." She spun toward Sara

“她即不诚实又给惯坏了。”她转向萨拉。

旁白 neutral

" I suppose you think that you're a princess again!"

“我想你又觉得自己是位公主了吧!”

旁白 neutral

With that, Miss Minchin returned to the school and started yelling at Miss Amelia

说完,明钦小姐回到学校,开始对着阿米莉亚小姐大喊大叫。