E08 · Episodes
008 上界之梦
上界之梦
Little Fox Level 5 · The Little Mermaid · Episode 8 — 上界之梦.
52 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
With each visit to the Upper World, the Little Mermaid grew more unhappy
每次去上层世界,小美人鱼都更加不快乐。
旁白 neutral
" The Prince's world is so much bigger than mine," said the mermaid to herself
“王子的世界比我大得多,”小美人鱼自言自语道。
旁白 neutral
" Humans can walk on land and sail the seas
“人类能在陆地上行走,也能在海上航行。
旁白 neutral
Their lives are so exciting, and my life is so boring."
他们的生活那么精彩,我的生活却那么无聊。”
旁白 neutral
The Little Mermaid thought about how she'd like to live in the Upper World rather than the Sea Kingdom
小美人鱼想着,她多么希望住在上层世界,而不是海底王国。
旁白 neutral
Day after day she sat in her garden, alone
她日复一日独自坐在花园里。
旁白 neutral
Her sisters became worried and went to their grandmother
她的姐姐们担心起来,便去找她们的祖母。
旁白 neutral
" Grandmother," said the eldest sister," please talk to the Little Mermaid
“祖母,”大姐姐说,“请您和小美人鱼谈谈吧。
旁白 neutral
Find out why she's so gloomy."
看看她为什么这么忧郁。”
旁白 neutral
So the Wise Mermaid went to her grandchild and took the Little Mermaid in her arms
于是,智慧美人鱼来到孙女身边,把小美人鱼抱在怀里。
旁白 neutral
" Sweet one, tell me what is bothering you."
“亲爱的,告诉我什么事让你烦恼。”
旁白 neutral
" Grandmother," said the Little Mermaid," what happens to humans if they don't drown?
“祖母,”小美人鱼说,“人类如果没有淹死会怎样?
旁白 neutral
Do they live forever?"
他们会永生吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I told you," the Wise Mermaid answered
“我跟你说过,”智慧美人鱼回答。
旁白 neutral
" They die much sooner than we do, but their souls live forever."
“他们比我们死得早多了,但他们的灵魂永远活着。”
旁白 neutral
" I want a soul too
“我也想要一个灵魂。
旁白 neutral
And I want to live in the Upper World."
而且我想住在上面的世界。”
旁白 neutral
" Your place is here," said the Wise Mermaid
“你的归宿在这儿,”智慧美人鱼说。
旁白 neutral
" Believe me, there is no better spot in the world than the Sea Kingdom
“相信我,世上没有比海底王国更好的地方了。
旁白 neutral
We are all very happy here
我们在这里都很快乐。”
旁白 neutral
It is our home."
这是我们的家。”
旁白 neutral
" But I want a soul like my Prince, so we can both live forever together," the Little Mermaid said stubbornly
“但是我想像我的王子那样有一个灵魂,这样我们俩就能永远一起活着了。”小美人鱼固执地说。
旁白 neutral
" You don't need a soul," replied the Wise Mermaid, annoyed
“你不需要灵魂。”聪明的美人鱼有些不耐烦地回答。
旁白 neutral
" As a mermaid you will live for a very long time
“作为美人鱼,你能活很久很久。
旁白 neutral
And when you die, you will become lovely sea foam
当你死的时候,你会变成可爱的海泡沫。
旁白 neutral
This way you will remain part of the sea and a part of all of us."
这样,你仍将是海洋的一部分,也是我们所有人的一部分。”
旁白 neutral
The Little Mermaid pleaded," Please, Grandmother, tell me how I can get a soul."
小美人鱼恳求道:“求你了,祖母,告诉我怎样能得到一个灵魂。”
旁白 neutral
The Wise Mermaid saw that she could not change her granddaughter's mind
聪明的美人鱼看到自己无法改变孙女的想法。
旁白 neutral
" Well, I've heard that a human and a member of the sea folk must marry," she said
“嗯,我听说一个人类和一个海族成员必须结婚。”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Your Prince would have to fall in love with you
“你的王子必须爱上你。
旁白 neutral
Then, if he married you, you would become truly human and have a soul."
那么,如果他娶了你,你就会真正变成人类,拥有灵魂。"
旁白 neutral
" So all I have to do is marry the Prince?" asked the Little Mermaid hopefully
"所以我只需要嫁给王子就行了?" 小美人鱼充满希望地问。
旁白 neutral
" I really do not know," replied the Wise Mermaid
"我真的不知道。" 智慧的美人鱼回答。
旁白 neutral
" What I have told you is only an old tale
"我告诉你的只是一个古老的传说。
旁白 neutral
I know of no mermaid who has ever received a soul — or even wanted one
据我所知,没有任何美人鱼得到过灵魂——甚至没有谁想要过。
旁白 neutral
We live very happily without souls."
没有灵魂,我们照样过得非常幸福。"
旁白 neutral
But the Little Mermaid did not hear her grandmother's words
可是小美人鱼并没有听进祖母的话。
旁白 neutral
She was already too busy thinking and making plans
她已经在忙着思考和做计划了。
旁白 neutral
" Grandmother, what must I do to live in the Upper World?" she asked
"祖母,我要怎样才能在上层世界生活呢?" 她问道。
旁白 neutral
" Forget about such things," said the Wise Mermaid
"忘掉这些事吧。" 智慧的美人鱼说。
旁白 neutral
" You would need legs and feet to live there."
"要在那里生活,你需要腿和脚。"
旁白 neutral
She patted her granddaughter on the head
她拍了拍孙女的头。
旁白 neutral
" Your beautiful tail makes it impossible for you to live on land."
"你美丽的尾巴让你不可能在陆地上生活。"
旁白 neutral
The Little Mermaid looked unhappily at her body and sighed
小美人鱼不高兴地看着自己的身体,叹了口气。
旁白 neutral
" I hate my tail."
"我讨厌我的尾巴。"
旁白 neutral
The Wise Mermaid shook her head and said," You are lovely
智慧的美人鱼摇了摇头说:"你很可爱。
旁白 neutral
Now go and play
现在去玩吧。
旁白 neutral
Stop thinking about the Upper World."
别再想上层世界的事了。"
旁白 neutral
The Little Mermaid swam away, but she didn't play
小美人鱼游开了,但她并没有玩耍。
旁白 neutral
She thought," There must be some way to fulfill my dream
她想:"一定有办法实现我的梦想。
旁白 neutral
Someone must have the knowledge I need
肯定有人拥有我所需要的知识。
旁白 neutral
Maybe I'll ask the Sea Witch for help."
或许我可以找海巫婆帮忙。"