E87 · Episodes
087 令人困惑的对话
令人困惑的对话
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 87 — 令人困惑的对话.
77 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" The mayor might cancel the parade?" Henry exclaimed
“市长可能会取消游行?”亨利惊叫道。
旁白 neutral
" Why? Does he think that threat on the website was serious?
“为什么?他觉得网站上的威胁是认真的吗?
旁白 neutral
Or did Mr. Fleming talk him into canceling the parade?"
还是弗莱明先生说服他取消游行?”
旁白 neutral
Jackson shrugged." I don't know. I didn't hear it from the mayor
杰克逊耸耸肩。“我不知道。我不是从市长那儿听说的。
旁白 neutral
I was talking to Miss Bishop. She's the one who told me."
我刚才在跟毕谢普小姐聊天。是她告诉我的。”
旁白 neutral
" How did she hear about it?" Henry asked
“她是怎么听说的?”亨利问。
旁白 neutral
" I'm not sure. I couldn't talk to her for very long because I had to leave for a meeting."
“我不确定。我没能跟她聊太久,因为我得赶去开会。”
旁白 neutral
Jackson checked his watch
杰克逊看了看手表。
旁白 neutral
" Speaking of which, I've got to get inside or I'll be late."
“说到这个,我得进去了,不然要迟到了。”
旁白 neutral
He hurried into the newspaper office
他匆匆走进了报社办公室。
旁白 neutral
Henry thought about what Jackson had just said
亨利思考着杰克逊刚才说的话。
旁白 neutral
Should Miss Bishop be a suspect?
毕谢普小姐会是嫌疑人吗?
旁白 neutral
She seemed determined to win the contest for best float
她似乎决心要赢得最佳花车比赛。
旁白 neutral
She seemed especially interested in beating Mrs. Sweet
她似乎特别想打败斯威特太太。
旁白 neutral
Could Miss Bishop be the one who'd tampered with Mrs. Sweet's float?
会不会就是毕谢普小姐破坏了斯威特太太的花车?
旁白 neutral
Then Henry remembered the threatening website message
接着,亨利想起了那条威胁性的网站留言。
旁白 neutral
Why would Miss Bishop do something like that?
毕谢普小姐为什么要做那样的事呢?
旁白 neutral
If she wanted to win, it didn't make sense for her to try to shut down the whole parade
如果她想赢,就没道理要去取消整个游行。
旁白 neutral
Henry started walking his bike down the sidewalk
亨利开始推着自行车沿人行道往前走。
旁白 neutral
The jewelry store was up ahead. He decided to stop in and talk to Miss Bishop
珠宝店就在前面。他决定进去和毕谢普小姐谈谈。
旁白 neutral
A little bell over the door jingled when Henry entered the jewelry store
亨利走进珠宝店时,门上的小铃铛叮当作响。
旁白 neutral
Nobody was inside except Miss Bishop
店里除了毕肖普小姐,没有其他人。
旁白 neutral
She was wiping a display case with a rag
她正用一块抹布擦拭展示柜。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, hello, Henry," she said
“哦,你好,亨利,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Did you come to buy your mother a diamond necklace?"
“你是来给你妈妈买钻石项链的吗?”
旁白 neutral
Henry smiled politely as Miss Bishop laughed at her own joke
毕肖普小姐被自己的玩笑逗得哈哈大笑,亨利则礼貌地笑了笑。
旁白 neutral
" No, sorry," he said
“不是,抱歉,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Our lemonade business doesn't make quite enough money for that."
“我们的柠檬水小摊可挣不了那么多钱。”
旁白 neutral
" Too bad." Miss Bishop smiled, and then sighed
“太可惜了。”毕肖普小姐笑了笑,然后叹了口气。
旁白 neutral
" I could really use some new customers. Business has been slow this summer."
“我真希望能有几个新顾客。这个夏天的生意一直不太好。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh," Henry said." That's a shame."
“哦,”亨利说,“那可真遗憾。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, that's why I decided to enter a float in the parade this year," Miss Bishop said
“是啊,所以我才决定今年参加游行的花车比赛,”毕肖普小姐说。
旁白 neutral
" I thought it would be good publicity
“我觉得这是个很好的宣传机会。
旁白 neutral
And if I win the popular vote contest, I'll get to be on TV
如果我赢了最受欢迎投票,还能上电视。
旁白 neutral
That's like winning a free ad for my store."
就像给我店里免费做了一次广告。”
旁白 neutral
" You must be worried about the mayor canceling the parade then," Henry said
“那你一定担心市长取消游行的事吧,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" What?" Miss Bishop looked alarmed
“什么?”毕肖普小姐一脸惊慌。
旁白 neutral
" The mayor is canceling the parade? Who told you that?"
“市长要取消游行?谁跟你说的?”
旁白 neutral
" Jackson, the reporter from the newspaper," Henry said
“报社的记者杰克逊说的,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" He said you told him that."
“他说是你告诉他的。”
旁白 neutral
" I told him no such thing!" Miss Bishop exclaimed
“我根本没跟他说过这样的话!”毕肖普小姐大声说道。
旁白 neutral
" He must be thinking of someone else. Do you think it's true?
“他肯定是把别人当成我了。你觉得这事是真的吗?
旁白 neutral
Why would the mayor cancel the parade?"
市长为什么要取消游行呢?”
旁白 neutral
Henry wasn't sure what to say for a moment
亨利一时之间不知道该说什么。
旁白 neutral
He was confused by Miss Bishop's reaction
毕肖普小姐的反应让他很困惑。
旁白 neutral
She seemed very surprised and upset
她看起来非常吃惊,也很不安。
旁白 neutral
" Was Jackson here talking to you earlier?" Henry asked
“杰克逊之前来这儿跟你谈过话吗?”亨利问道。
旁白 neutral
Miss Bishop nodded
毕肖普小姐点了点头。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, he stopped by a few minutes ago, and we had a nice chat
“是的,他几分钟前顺便来了一趟,我们聊得挺好的。
旁白 neutral
I was telling him about my business problems."
我当时在跟他说我生意上的问题。”
旁白 neutral
" And you didn't say anything about the parade?" Henry asked
"你真的没提过游行的事吗?" 亨利问道。
旁白 neutral
" I did mention the parade, but I didn't say anything about the mayor canceling it," Miss Bishop said
"我确实提到了游行,但我没说过市长要取消它," 毕肖普小姐说。
旁白 neutral
" I told Jackson that I was hoping my float would bring me more customers
"我告诉杰克逊,我希望我的花车能带来更多顾客。
旁白 neutral
And that if it didn't, I might have to shut down my store."
而且如果不行的话,我可能就得关掉我的店了。"
旁白 neutral
" Oh." Suddenly Henry had a brainstorm." I bet I know what happened
"哦。" 亨利突然灵光一现。"我打赌我知道发生了什么。
旁白 neutral
You told Jackson you might have to shut down your store
你告诉杰克逊你可能得关掉你的店。
旁白 neutral
But Jackson thought you were talking about the mayor shutting down the parade."
但杰克逊以为你在说市长要取消游行。"
旁白 neutral
" Hmm." Miss Bishop looked unsure." That seems odd
"嗯。" 毕肖普小姐看起来不确定。"那似乎有点奇怪。
旁白 neutral
But Jackson did seem to be in a hurry. Maybe he wasn't listening closely."
但杰克逊的确看起来很匆忙。也许他没仔细听。"
旁白 neutral
As Henry left the store, he wondered if Jackson had really misunderstood Miss Bishop's comment
当亨利离开店铺时,他想知道杰克逊是否真的误解了毕肖普小姐的话。
旁白 neutral
The young reporter was always looking for exciting news stories
这个年轻的记者总是在寻找令人兴奋的新闻故事。
旁白 neutral
What if he was the one trying to get the parade shut down?
如果他是那个试图让游行取消的人呢?
旁白 neutral
That would definitely give Jackson an interesting story to write about
那肯定能给杰克逊一个有趣的故事来写。
旁白 neutral
Henry thought some more about his theory as he biked toward Maggie's house
亨利一边骑车去玛吉家,一边更深入地思考他的推论。
旁白 neutral
Jackson could have posted that threatening message on the website just as easily as anyone else
杰克逊可能和其他人一样容易地在网站上发布了那条威胁信息。
旁白 neutral
He could have broken into Mrs. Sweet's shed
他可能闯入了斯威特太太的小屋。
旁白 neutral
And he was definitely the one spreading the rumor about the parade being canceled — either by accident or on purpose
而且他肯定是那个在散布游行被取消谣言的人——不管是无意还是故意的。
旁白 neutral
When Henry reached Maggie's house, Maggie and Cole were putting away their craft supplies
当亨利到达玛吉家时,玛吉和科尔正在收拾他们的手工材料。
旁白 neutral
" What took you so long?" Maggie asked Henry
"你怎么花了这么久?" 玛吉问亨利。
旁白 neutral
" It's dinnertime. We'll have to finish the float in the morning."
"该吃晚饭了。我们得早上才完成花车了。"
旁白 neutral
" Sorry," Henry said
"对不起," 亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" I ended up doing a little extra investigating on my way home from the auto shop."
"我从汽车店回家的路上,结果做了一点额外的调查。"
旁白 neutral
He told his friends about his trip to town
他给朋友们讲了他去镇上的经历。
旁白 neutral
When he explained his theory about Jackson being the culprit, Cole looked worried
当他解释杰克逊可能是罪犯的推论时,科尔看起来很担心。
旁白 neutral
" If Jackson is a suspect now, we can't count on him to solve the mystery," he said
"如果杰克逊现在成了嫌疑人,我们就不能靠他来解开这个谜团了," 他说。
旁白 neutral
Henry nodded." You know what that means," he said
亨利点了点头。"你知道那意味着什么," 他说。
旁白 neutral
" We'll have to solve it ourselves!"
"我们得自己解决它了!"