Level 6 · 柠檬水侦探
🎬

E84 · Episodes

084 糖果被盗

糖果被盗

Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 84 — 糖果被盗.

81 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Was that Mrs. Sweet?" Jackson raced down the alley

“那是斯威特太太吗?”杰克逊冲进了小巷。

旁白 neutral

Henry and Maggie followed

亨利和玛吉跟在他身后。

旁白 neutral

The alley was between the Sweet Shop and another store

小巷在糖果店和另一家商店之间。

旁白 neutral

At the back was a small shed

后面有一间小棚屋。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Sweet stood there facing Miss Bishop, who owned the jewelry store across the street

斯威特太太站在那里,正对着街对面珠宝店的老板毕晓普小姐。

旁白 neutral

" Oh my, Laura!" Miss Bishop fanned her face with one hand

“哎呀,劳拉!”毕晓普小姐用一只手扇着脸。

旁白 neutral

" You nearly gave me a heart attack sneaking up on me like that!"

“你这样悄悄接近,差点把我吓出心脏病!”

旁白 neutral

" I wasn't sneaking, Jane," Mrs. Sweet retorted

“我没有悄悄靠近,简,”斯威特太太反驳道。

旁白 neutral

" I was just walking to my shed. What were you doing back here anyway?

“我只是走向我的棚屋。你到底在后面做什么?

旁白 neutral

Trying to get a peek at my float, hmm?"

想偷看一眼我的花车,嗯?”

旁白 neutral

" Of course not!" Just then Miss Bishop noticed Henry and the others

“当然没有!”就在这时,毕晓普小姐看到了亨利和其他人。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, hello."

“哦,你们好。”

旁白 neutral

" Is everything all right, ladies?" Jackson asked." We heard a scream."

“一切都好吗,女士们?”杰克逊问道,“我们听到了尖叫声。”

旁白 neutral

" That was me." Miss Bishop smiled." Mrs. Sweet startled me."

“是我叫的。”毕晓普小姐笑着说,“斯威特太太吓了我一跳。”

旁白 neutral

Henry traded an amused look with Maggie

亨利和玛吉交换了一个好笑的眼神。

旁白 neutral

They both knew that Miss Bishop was a very dramatic person

他们俩都知道毕晓普小姐非常夸张做作。

旁白 neutral

" I see," Jackson said." Mrs. Sweet, can I talk to you?"

“我明白了,”杰克逊说,“斯威特太太,我能和你谈谈吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Of course." Mrs. Sweet shot Miss Bishop a suspicious look

“当然可以。”斯威特太太怀疑地扫了毕晓普小姐一眼。

旁白 neutral

" Just let me lock my shed first

“先让我把棚子锁上。

旁白 neutral

I wouldn't want anyone wandering in and getting a look at my float."

我可不想有人溜进去偷看我的花车。”

旁白 neutral

Miss Bishop rolled her eyes." Why would anyone want to do that?"

毕肖普小姐翻了个白眼。“有谁会想那么做呢?”

旁白 neutral

Soon Miss Bishop returned to her shop

很快,毕肖普小姐就回自己店里去了。

旁白 neutral

Henry, Maggie, Jackson, and Mrs. Sweet headed into the Sweet Shop

亨利、玛吉、杰克逊和斯威特太太一起走进了斯威特糖果店。

旁白 neutral

" I heard you had some trouble last night," Jackson said to Mrs. Sweet

“我听说你们昨晚遇到了点麻烦,”杰克逊对斯威特太太说。

旁白 neutral

He pulled out a notebook and pen." Someone broke into your shed?"

他掏出笔记本和钢笔。“有人闯进你的棚子了?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes." Mrs. Sweet shook her head." It was a terrible shock."

“是的。”斯威特太太摇了摇头。“真是吓了一跳。”

旁白 neutral

" What happened?" Maggie blurted out." Did someone sabotage your float?"

“发生什么了?”玛吉脱口而出。“有人破坏你的花车了吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm not sure." Mrs. Sweet looked troubled

“我也不确定。”斯威特太太看起来很烦恼。

旁白 neutral

" I left the shed unlocked last night so Mr. Newman could stop by on his way home from work

“我昨晚没锁棚子,这样纽曼先生下班回家时可以顺路来一趟。

旁白 neutral

I needed him to fix the taillight on my tractor."

我需要他修一修我拖拉机上的尾灯。”

旁白 neutral

" Mr. Newman from the auto repair shop?" Henry asked

“汽修店的纽曼先生?”亨利问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, that's right," Mrs. Sweet said

“是的,没错。”斯威特太太说。

旁白 neutral

" He's a good mechanic, isn't he?

“他是个好技工,不是吗?

旁白 neutral

In any case, I went to check the float this morning

不管怎样,今天早上我去检查了花车。

旁白 neutral

The taillight was fixed, but a whole case of candy was missing!"

尾灯修好了,但一整箱糖果不见了!”

旁白 neutral

" Candy?" Jackson looked confused

“糖果?”杰克逊看起来一脸困惑。

旁白 neutral

" Yes." Mrs. Sweet leaned forward

“是的。”斯威特太太身子向前一倾。

旁白 neutral

" I was going to use it to decorate my float," she whispered

“我本来要用它来装饰我的花车。”她低声说道。

旁白 neutral

Henry covered his mouth to hide his smile

亨利捂住嘴巴,掩饰笑意。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Sweet was whispering, acting as if everything was top secret

斯威特太太压低了声音,像是说什么最高机密似的。

旁白 neutral

But she decorated her float with candy every single year!

但她每年都用糖果装饰她的花车呀!

旁白 neutral

" There have been some problems with raccoons around town lately," Jackson said

“最近镇子附近有些浣熊惹麻烦,”杰克逊说。

旁白 neutral

" Or perhaps a stray dog."

“也可能是一条流浪狗。”

旁白 neutral

" I don't think it was an animal." Mrs. Sweet said, frowning

“我不觉得是动物干的。”斯威特太太皱着眉头说。

旁白 neutral

" The shed door wasn't locked, but it was shut tightly

“棚门没锁,但是关得紧紧的。

旁白 neutral

The latch can only be opened by a person."

那个门闩只有人才打得开。”

旁白 neutral

" I see." Jackson jotted a few notes, and then tucked his notebook away

“我明白了。”杰克逊匆匆记了几笔,然后把笔记本收了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Well, give me a call if you think of anything else."

“好吧,要是想起什么别的事,就给我打电话。”

旁白 neutral

Henry and Maggie followed the reporter outside

亨利和玛吉跟着记者走到外面。

旁白 neutral

" Is that it?" Maggie asked." Aren't you going to examine the crime scene?"

“就这些吗?”玛吉问道,“你就不检查一下犯罪现场吗?”

旁白 neutral

Jackson looked surprised." That's a job for the police, not for me."

杰克逊一脸惊讶。“那是警察的活儿,不是我的。”

旁白 neutral

" But we thought you'd want to get to the bottom of the story," Henry said

“但我们以为你想把事情查个水落石出。”亨利说。

旁白 neutral

" Why don't you go interview Mr. Newman?"

“你为什么不去采访一下纽曼先生呢?”

旁白 neutral

Jackson shrugged." I suppose I could

杰克逊耸了耸肩。“我想我可以去。”

旁白 neutral

The auto repair shop is on my way back to the office."

汽车修理铺在我回办公室的路上。”

旁白 neutral

Soon the three of them were at Newman's Auto Shop

很快,三人就来到了纽曼汽车修理铺。

旁白 neutral

Henry had known Mr. Newman all his life

亨利从小就认识纽曼先生。

旁白 neutral

Henry's parents said the people of Belltown were lucky to have such an honest and hardworking mechanic in town

亨利的父母总说,贝尔镇能有这样一位诚实、勤劳的机械师,是镇上人的福气。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Newman listened to why Jackson was there

纽曼先生听了听杰克逊为什么来。

旁白 neutral

" What do you want to know?" he asked in his usual gruff way

“你们想知道什么?”他像往常一样粗声粗气地问。

旁白 neutral

" Did you stop by to fix Mrs. Sweet's taillight last night?" Jackson asked

“昨晚你来修斯威特太太的尾灯了吗?”杰克逊问道。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Newman nodded." Fixed the light and then went home."

纽曼先生点点头。“修好了灯,然后就回家了。”

旁白 neutral

" Did you see a case of candy near the float?" Maggie asked

“你在花车附近看到一箱糖果了吗?”玛吉问道。

旁白 neutral

" Didn't notice. I was there to fix the light, not to sightsee."

“没注意。我是去修灯的,不是去观光的。”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Newman checked his watch." Is there anything else? I have work to do."

纽曼先生看了看表。“还有别的事吗?我还有工作要做。”

旁白 neutral

" No, there's nothing else. Thanks for your time," Jackson said

“不,没别的事了。谢谢你抽出时间。”杰克逊说。

旁白 neutral

" Wait," Maggie said as Jackson turned to leave

“等等,”玛吉在杰克逊转身离开时说。

旁白 neutral

" Mr. Newman, are you making a float for the parade?"

“纽曼先生,你为游行制作花车了吗?”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Newman looked surprised." Of course not

纽曼先生看起来很惊讶。“当然没有。

旁白 neutral

I don't have time for that sort of silliness." He hurried off

我没时间做那种傻事。”他匆匆离开了。

旁白 neutral

" Sorry, kids," Jackson said." It looks like there's no mystery here."

“对不起,孩子们,”杰克逊说。“看来这里没什么谜团。”

旁白 neutral

" What about the missing candy?" Maggie asked

“那丢失的糖果呢?”玛吉问道。

旁白 neutral

" And that threat?" Henry added

“还有那个威胁呢?”亨利补充道。

旁白 neutral

" Threat? What threat?" Jackson asked

“威胁?什么威胁?”杰克逊问道。

旁白 neutral

Henry realized they'd never told the reporter about the comment on the website

亨利意识到他们从未告诉这位记者网站上的那条评论。

旁白 neutral

He quickly filled Jackson in

他迅速向杰克逊说明了情况。

旁白 neutral

Jackson pulled out his smartphone and opened the website

杰克逊掏出智能手机,打开了那个网站。

旁白 neutral

" I don't see any threatening comments."

“我没看到任何威胁性评论。”

旁白 neutral

" I'll show you." Henry took the phone and scrolled through the comments

“我给你看。”亨利接过手机,翻阅着评论。

旁白 neutral

The ones from Mrs. Sweet and Miss Bishop were there, along with several others

斯威特太太和毕晓普小姐的评论都在,还有其他几条。

旁白 neutral

But the threatening comment was gone!

但那条威胁性评论不见了!