E66 · Episodes
066 另一个理论
另一个理论
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 66 — 另一个理论.
79 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Henry and his friends waited for a while
亨利和他的朋友们等了一会儿。
旁白 neutral
But Mrs. Sweet didn't come out from the back room of the Sweet Shop
可是斯威特太太一直没从糖果店后屋出来。
旁白 neutral
Finally they gave up and left
最后他们只好放弃,离开了。
旁白 neutral
" We should go see how Nathan is doing at the lemonade stand," Henry said
“我们该去看看内森在柠檬水摊那边怎么样了,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" We've been gone for a long time."
“我们已经离开好久了。”
旁白 neutral
The others agreed
其他人都同意了。
旁白 neutral
Back at the stand, Nathan was serving lemonade to some construction workers
回到柠檬水摊,内森正在给几个建筑工人倒柠檬水。
旁白 neutral
" Hi, guys," Nathan greeted his friends as the men left
“嗨,大伙儿,”内森在工人们离开时朝朋友们打招呼。
旁白 neutral
" Business has been great today! How's the mystery going?"
“今天生意可好了!神秘事件查得怎么样了?”
旁白 neutral
" Not so great," Henry admitted
“不太好,”亨利承认道。
旁白 neutral
He and his friends told Nathan about the case
他和朋友们把这个案子告诉了内森。
旁白 neutral
" Wow," Nathan said." That's weird that Mrs. Sweet rushed off like that."
“哇,”内森说,“斯威特夫人那样匆匆离开,好奇怪啊。”
旁白 neutral
" Yeah," Cole agreed." She acted like she was guilty."
“是啊,”科尔附和道,“她表现得像是心里有鬼。”
旁白 neutral
" But she's not guilty," Maggie insisted
“但她没有罪,”麦琪坚持说。
旁白 neutral
" She's way too nice to be a flavor thief! We have to prove she didn't do it!"
“她人太好了,不可能是偷口味的贼!我们必须证明不是她干的!”
旁白 neutral
" That means we have to prove that someone else did do it," Cole said
“那意味着我们得证明是别人干的,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Like Robby, for instance. He seemed really mad at Mr. Tate."
“比如罗比,他看上去对泰特先生非常生气。”
旁白 neutral
" Yeah!" Maggie said." Maybe he hates Mr. Tate so much that he tricked Mrs. Sweet into inventing that flavor!"
“没错!”麦琪说,“也许他恨透了泰特先生,所以骗斯威特夫人发明了那个口味!”
旁白 neutral
" How would he do that?" Nathan asked
“他怎么会那样做呢?”内森问。
旁白 neutral
" I don't know." Maggie shrugged
“我不知道。”麦琪耸了耸肩。
旁白 neutral
" But I know Mrs. Sweet didn't do anything wrong."
“但我知道斯威特夫人没做错任何事。”
旁白 neutral
Henry sighed." I like Mrs. Sweet too, Maggie. But we have to be logical
亨利叹了口气。“我也喜欢斯威特夫人,麦琪。但我们必须讲逻辑。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Sweet has a good motive to cause trouble for the Dessert Den
斯威特夫人有充分的动机去给甜品屋制造麻烦。
旁白 neutral
And don't forget, she has the exact same flavor right there on her sign
而且别忘了,她的招牌上正写着那个一模一样的口味。
旁白 neutral
Plus, she acted weird when we asked her about it just now."
再加上,我们刚才问她这件事时,她的反应很奇怪。”
旁白 neutral
" All that stuff is true," Cole said
“这些都是事实,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" If Mrs. Sweet was mean, I'd definitely think she was the thief
“如果斯威特夫人为人刻薄,我肯定会认为她就是小偷。
旁白 neutral
But how could someone who seems so nice do something so rotten?"
但一个看起来这么善良的人,怎么能做出这么恶劣的事呢?”
旁白 neutral
Henry shrugged. He didn't have an answer for Cole's question
亨利耸了耸肩。他对科尔的问题没有答案。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe you guys should go talk to Mr. Tate again," Nathan suggested
“也许你们应该再去找泰特先生谈谈,”内森建议道。
旁白 neutral
" That might give you some new ideas about the case
“那也许能给你对这个案子一些新想法。”
旁白 neutral
I'll keep watching the lemonade stand if you want. I can use the extra money."
如果你们需要,我可以继续看着柠檬水摊。我能用这额外赚的钱。”
旁白 neutral
Maggie groaned." It's so hot out
麦琪嘟囔道:“外面真热啊。
旁白 neutral
Do we really have to ride all the way back to West Belltown?"
我们真的一路骑回西贝尔镇不可吗?”
旁白 neutral
" If you want to clear Mrs. Sweet's name, we do," Cole said
“你要想洗清斯威特夫人的嫌疑,我们就得去,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Come on, let's go."
“来,走吧。”
旁白 neutral
When The Lemonade Detectives reached the Dessert Den, Mr. Tate saw them coming and hurried to unlock the door
柠檬水侦探们抵达甜品店时,泰特先生看见他们过来,连忙去开门。
旁白 neutral
" Did you solve the case?" he asked
“案子破了吗?”他问。
旁白 neutral
" Did Mrs. Sweet admit that she stole my flavor?"
“斯威特夫人有没有承认她偷了我的配方?”
旁白 neutral
" Not exactly," Henry said." We didn't get to talk to her for very long."
“并不完全如此,”亨利说,“我们没能跟她谈很久。”
旁白 neutral
Mr. Tate frowned." Well, once you kids finally get her to admit she's guilty, I'll pay your five-dollar detective fee."
泰特先生皱起了眉头。“好吧,一旦你们这些孩子最终让她承认有罪,我就付你们五美元的侦探费。”
旁白 neutral
" We still don't believe she did it!" Maggie blurted out
“我们还是不相信是她干的!”麦琪脱口而出。
旁白 neutral
She glanced at Henry and Cole with a frown." At least I don't."
她皱起眉头,瞥了亨利和科尔一眼。“至少我不信。”
旁白 neutral
" Huh?" Mr. Tate looked confused
“啊?”泰特先生一脸困惑。
旁白 neutral
" We have a few theories," Henry explained calmly
“我们有几个推测,”亨利平静地解释道。
旁白 neutral
" We need to rule out other suspects before we can be sure Mrs. Sweet is the culprit."
“在确定斯威特夫人是罪犯之前,我们需要先排除其他嫌疑人。”
旁白 neutral
" Other suspects?" Mr. Tate folded his arms across his chest." Like who?"
“其他嫌疑人?”泰特先生双臂交叉在胸前。“比如谁?”
旁白 neutral
" Um, there's this kid, Robby," Cole said
“嗯,有个叫罗比的小孩,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" He seems to hate the Dessert Den. We're not sure why."
“他似乎很讨厌甜点小屋。我们不确定是为什么。”
旁白 neutral
" Yeah," Maggie put in." Or it could all be a coincidence
“是啊,”麦琪补充道。“或者可能一切都只是个巧合。”
旁白 neutral
The flavor bubble gum banana swirl isn't that unique, you know."
泡泡糖香蕉漩涡口味没那么独特,你知道的。”
旁白 neutral
Mr. Tate rolled his eyes." Look, my grand opening is tomorrow
泰特先生翻了个白眼。“听着,我的店明天就开张了。
旁白 neutral
I don't have time to fool around
我可没时间瞎胡闹。
旁白 neutral
Do you want to solve this case or not?" he asked
你们到底想不想破这个案子?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
" If you don't, I can find someone else to help me
“如果不想,我可以找别人来帮我。
旁白 neutral
Like the police, for instance. Or maybe I'll go to the press
比如报警。或者我去找媒体。
旁白 neutral
I heard there's an award-winning investigative reporter in this town
我听说这个镇上有个得过奖的调查记者。
旁白 neutral
Maybe he can figure out what's going on."
也许他能搞清楚是怎么回事。”
旁白 neutral
Henry realized Mr. Tate was talking about his father
亨利意识到泰特先生说的是他爸爸。
旁白 neutral
" The Lemonade Detectives will solve your case," he said
“柠檬水侦探会侦破你的案子的,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" No matter what." He gave Cole and Maggie a shove toward the door
“无论如何。”他推了推科尔和麦琪,示意往门口走。
旁白 neutral
" Come on, guys. Let's get back to work."
“走吧,伙计们。我们回去干活了。”
旁白 neutral
Soon they were outside again
很快,他们又回到了外面。
旁白 neutral
" What was that all about, Henry?" Maggie asked
“这到底是怎么回事,亨利?”麦琪问道。
旁白 neutral
" Why'd you rush us out of there?
“你为什么急匆匆地把我们推出来?
旁白 neutral
I thought we were going to ask Mr. Tate more questions about the case."
我还以为我们要向泰特先生多问些关于这个案子的问题呢。”
旁白 neutral
" We can't let him go to the police," Henry said
“我们不能让他去报警,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" Or ask my dad to investigate either."
“或者让我爸爸来调查也不行。”
旁白 neutral
" Why not?" Cole asked
“为什么不行?”科尔问道。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe your dad can help us prove that Mrs. Sweet is innocent."
“也许你爸爸能帮我们证明斯威特夫人是清白的。”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe," Henry said
“也许吧,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" But if people hear he's investigating her, they might assume she's guilty
“但如果人们听说他在调查她,可能会认为她有罪。
旁白 neutral
And that would probably be bad for her business."
那对她的生意恐怕会很不好。”
旁白 neutral
Suddenly Maggie gasped." That's it!" she cried
突然,麦琪倒吸了一口气。“就是这个!”她喊道。
旁白 neutral
" I have a new theory about what's going on!
“对于这件事,我有了个新推论!
旁白 neutral
If we can prove it, it'll clear Mrs. Sweet's name!"
如果我们能证明它,就能洗清斯威特夫人的名声!”
旁白 neutral
" Really? What's your theory?" Cole asked
“真的吗?你的推论是什么?”科尔问道。
旁白 neutral
" We've been taking Mr. Tate's word about what happened," Maggie said
“我们一直都只听泰特先生单方面说发生了什么,”麦琪说。
旁白 neutral
" But what if he's lying? What if he's the one who stole that flavor?"
“但要是他在撒谎呢?要是他才是偷走那个口味的人呢?”