E65 · Episodes
065 甜蜜对话
甜蜜对话
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 65 — 甜蜜对话.
77 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The Lemonade Detectives rode their bikes to the Sweet Shop as fast as they could
柠檬水侦探们骑自行车以最快速度赶往甜蜜糖果店。
旁白 neutral
" I still don't believe Mrs. Sweet would do anything wrong," Maggie said as she leaned her bike against a lamppost in front of the shop
“我还是不相信斯威特夫人会做任何错事,”玛吉一边说着,一边把自行车靠在店前的灯柱上。
旁白 neutral
" I don't either," Henry said
“我也不信,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" But a good detective has to investigate every lead and suspect."
“但是一个好侦探必须调查每一条线索和每一个嫌疑人。”
旁白 neutral
The bell jingled as they walked in
他们走进去时,门铃叮当作响。
旁白 neutral
There were a few customers sitting at the tables inside, but there was no one in line
店里有几位顾客坐在桌旁,但没有人排队。
旁白 neutral
A young woman stood behind the counter, wiping it with a rag
一位年轻女子站在柜台后面,用抹布擦拭柜台。
旁白 neutral
Her name was Patty
她叫帕蒂。
旁白 neutral
Henry knew that she worked at the ice-cream parlor part-time to help pay for her college tuition
亨利知道她在那家冰淇淋店做兼职,赚取大学学费。
旁白 neutral
" Hi, Patty," he greeted her." Is Mrs. Sweet here?"
“嗨,帕蒂,”他打招呼说,“斯威特夫人在吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Hi, Henry," Patty said
“嗨,亨利,”帕蒂说。
旁白 neutral
" Sorry, she's not here right now. She just stepped out to go to the bank."
“抱歉,她现在不在这儿。她刚出去去银行了。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh." Cole sounded disappointed." We need to talk to her about something."
“哦。”科尔听上去很失望。“我们有事情需要跟她谈谈。”
旁白 neutral
" She'll be back in a few minutes," Patty said
“她几分钟后就回来,”帕蒂说。
旁白 neutral
" Want some ice cream while you wait?"
“等的时候想来点冰淇淋吗?”
旁白 neutral
That gave Henry an idea
这让亨利有了个主意。
旁白 neutral
Maybe he could start investigating even before Mrs. Sweet returned
也许他可以在斯威特夫人回来之前就开始调查。
旁白 neutral
" I tried one of the new flavors earlier — raspberry mint chip," he said
“我早些时候尝了其中一种新口味——覆盆子薄荷碎,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" It was really good
“真的很好吃。
旁白 neutral
Do you know how Mrs. Sweet came up with the idea for that one?"
你知道斯威特夫人是怎么想到这个口味的吗?”
旁白 neutral
Maggie shot him a strange look. Henry could almost read her mind
玛吉奇怪地看了他一眼。亨利几乎能猜到她在想什么。
旁白 neutral
She was thinking," Why do you care about that flavor?"
她心想,“你为什么这么关心那个口味?”
旁白 neutral
Patty chuckled
帕蒂轻声笑了。
旁白 neutral
" You know Mrs. Sweet; she always has a story about how she invents her flavors
“你知道斯威特夫人,她总能讲出她是如何发明新口味的故事。
旁白 neutral
She told me she was picking raspberries in her garden when she brushed against a pot of mint plants
她告诉我,她在花园里摘树莓时,不小心碰到了一盆薄荷。
旁白 neutral
The mint and the berries smelled delicious together
薄荷和浆果混在一起闻起来很香。
旁白 neutral
So she decided to experiment."
于是她决定试试看。”
旁白 neutral
" Cool," Henry said." What about the other new flavor?
“酷,”亨利说,“那另一个新口味呢?
旁白 neutral
Do you know how she got the idea for that one?"
你知道那个口味是怎么来的吗?”
旁白 neutral
" You mean the bubble gum banana swirl?" Patty asked
“你是说泡泡糖香蕉漩涡口味?”帕蒂问道。
旁白 neutral
When Henry nodded, she shrugged." I'm not sure
亨利点点头,帕蒂耸了耸肩。“我不太确定。
旁白 neutral
When I asked Mrs. Sweet about that one, she just said that ' a little bird ' had given her the idea."
我问斯威特夫人那个口味时,她只说是‘一只小鸟’给她的灵感。”
旁白 neutral
Henry traded a worried look with his friends. That sounded kind of suspicious!
亨利和朋友们交换了一个担忧的眼神。这听起来有点可疑!
旁白 neutral
" It doesn't matter where she got the idea, though, because it turned out great," Patty went on
“不过,她从哪里得到的灵感并不重要,因为做出来很棒。”帕蒂接着说。
旁白 neutral
" Would you like a sample?"
“你们想尝尝样品吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Sure!" Cole said eagerly." Thanks."
“当然!”科尔急切地说,“谢谢。”
旁白 neutral
Patty grabbed three small plastic spoons
帕蒂拿了三个小塑料勺。
旁白 neutral
Then she scooped out a mouthful of the bubble gum-banana-swirl ice cream for each of the kids
然后她给每个孩子舀了一口泡泡糖香蕉漩涡冰淇淋。
旁白 neutral
" Yum!" Cole said when he tasted it." This is awesome!"
“好吃!”科尔尝了一口后说,“太棒了!”
旁白 neutral
" It sure is," Henry agreed
“确实如此。”亨利赞同道。
旁白 neutral
Now he could understand why Mr. Tate was so upset — the flavor tasted great!
他现在能理解为什么泰特先生那么不高兴了——这个口味太好吃了!
旁白 neutral
Just then some teenage girls came in
就在这时,几个十几岁的女孩走了进来。
旁白 neutral
Patty went to wait on them, and Henry and his friends wandered away to talk
帕蒂去招待她们,亨利和朋友们走到一边去交谈。
旁白 neutral
" What do you think?" Cole asked quietly
“你们怎么看?”科尔轻声问道。
旁白 neutral
" I don't know," Henry said
“我不知道,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" It's weird that Mrs. Sweet told Patty that a little bird gave her the idea for bubble gum banana swirl."
“奇怪的是,斯威特夫人告诉帕蒂,是一只小鸟给了她泡泡糖香蕉漩涡口味的灵感。”
旁白 neutral
Maggie frowned." I still can't believe Mrs. Sweet would steal anything
玛吉皱起眉头。“我还是不敢相信斯威特夫人会偷东西。
旁白 neutral
We need to talk to her and find out her side of the story!"
我们需要和她谈谈,听听她怎么说!”
旁白 neutral
Henry nodded." I hope she gets back soon."
亨利点点头。“我希望她很快回来。”
旁白 neutral
A few minutes later Mrs. Sweet finally returned
几分钟后,斯威特夫人终于回来了。
旁白 neutral
" Well, hello again, boys!" she greeted them
“哎呀,又是你们好呀,孩子们!”她对他们打着招呼。
旁白 neutral
" Hi, Maggie! But what are you all doing here?
“嗨,麦琪!不过你们全都在这儿干什么呢?
旁白 neutral
Shouldn't someone be working at the lemonade stand?
柠檬水摊那边不该留个人干活吗?
旁白 neutral
I hear your business is booming!"
我听说你们生意好得很呢!”
旁白 neutral
" It is," Maggie told her." Our friend Nathan is watching the stand right now."
“是的,”麦琪告诉她。“我们的朋友内森现在正看着摊子呢。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes," Henry said." We were just over in West Belltown
“对,”亨利说。“我们刚从西贝尔镇那边过来。
旁白 neutral
There's a new business opening there this weekend. It's called the Dessert Den."
那儿有家新店这周末要开张。叫‘甜品窝’。”
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Sweet was still smiling
斯威特夫人依然面带微笑。
旁白 neutral
" Oh my, yes, I've heard about the Dessert Den," she said
“哦天哪,是啊,我听说过甜品窝,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" I suppose that means I'll have some competition now for Belltown's dessert eaters!" She chuckled
“我看这意味着,为了贝尔镇爱吃甜食的顾客,我如今要有竞争对手了!”她轻声笑了起来。
旁白 neutral
The kids exchanged looks
孩子们交换了一下眼神。
旁白 neutral
" Don't worry, I'll always like the Sweet Shop best," Maggie said quickly
“别担心,我永远最喜欢糖果店,”麦琪连忙说。
旁白 neutral
" Um, actually there's a reason we were at the Dessert Den," Henry spoke up
“嗯,其实我们去甜品窝是有原因的,”亨利开了口。
旁白 neutral
" We're investigating a mystery."
“我们在查一个谜案。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh? What sort of mystery?"
“哦?什么样的谜案?”
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Sweet was bustling around, straightening the napkin dispensers on the tables
斯威特夫人正忙活着,把桌上的餐巾盒摆正。
旁白 neutral
" Well," said Cole." The owner of the Dessert Den thinks someone stole the idea for his new ice-cream flavor
“嗯,”科尔说。“甜品窝的老板觉得,有人偷了他新冰淇淋口味的点子。
旁白 neutral
It was supposed to be a big secret. It's called bubble gum banana swirl."
那本该是个大秘密。口味叫泡泡糖香蕉漩涡。”
旁白 neutral
" What?" Mrs. Sweet stopped what she was doing and spun to stare at Cole
“什么?”斯威特夫人停下了手里的活,转身瞪着科尔。
旁白 neutral
" Bubble gum banana swirl? Are you sure?"
“泡泡糖香蕉漩涡?你们确定?”
旁白 neutral
" Yes. Mr. Tate thinks you, um, stole his flavor," Henry blurted out
“是的。泰特先生觉得您,嗯,偷了他的口味,”亨利脱口而出。
旁白 neutral
" We told him there had to be some kind of mistake, but — "
“我们告诉他说,这中间肯定是有什么误会,可是——”
旁白 neutral
" Excuse me, kids." Mrs. Sweet wasn't smiling anymore
“失陪了,孩子们。”斯威特夫人不再笑了。
旁白 neutral
" I have something important to do."
“我有要紧事要做。”
旁白 neutral
" But Mrs. Sweet..." Maggie began
“可是斯威特夫人……”麦琪刚开口。
旁白 neutral
It was too late. Mrs. Sweet was already rushing away
已经来不及了。斯威特夫人早就快步离开了。
旁白 neutral
A second later she disappeared into the back room of the shop
一转眼,她就消失在店铺的里间里了。