E61 · Episodes
061 冷热交替
冷热交替
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 61 — 冷热交替.
80 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" Whew! It sure is hot today," Henry's friend Cole said
“呼!今天真热啊,”亨利的朋友科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" That's why we're getting ice cream, remember?"
“这就是我们要去买冰淇淋的原因,记得吗?”
旁白 neutral
Henry pointed to a shop just ahead
亨利指向前面的一家店铺。
旁白 neutral
It was called the Sweet Shop
那家店叫“甜蜜店”。
旁白 neutral
A board on the sidewalk outside listed the store's special flavors
店外人行道上的一块牌子上写着店里的特色口味。
旁白 neutral
" Today's special flavors are raspberry mint chip and bubble gum banana swirl," Cole read aloud
“今天的特色口味是树莓薄荷脆片和泡泡糖香蕉旋纹,”科尔大声读道。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe I'll try bubble gum banana swirl
“也许我试试泡泡糖香蕉旋纹。
旁白 neutral
No... Wait, I think I'll get marshmallow fudge. That's my favorite."
不……等等,我想我要买棉花糖软糖。那是我的最爱。”
旁白 neutral
A bell over the door jingled when Henry and Cole entered the ice-cream shop
门上方的铃铛在亨利和科尔进入冰淇淋店时叮当作响。
旁白 neutral
Several people were waiting in line
几个人在排队等候。
旁白 neutral
The woman behind the counter looked up when she heard the bell
柜台后面的女人听到门铃响时抬起了头。
旁白 neutral
" Hello, boys," she said." I'll be with you shortly."
“你们好,孩子们,”她说。“我马上就来招呼你们。”
旁白 neutral
" Thanks, Mrs. Sweet," Henry said
“谢谢,Sweet太太,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
Everyone in Belltown liked Mrs. Sweet and her homemade ice cream
贝尔镇的每个人都喜欢Sweet太太和她自制的冰淇淋。
旁白 neutral
She had owned the Sweet Shop since Henry's parents were babies
早在亨利的父母还是婴儿时,她就拥有这家甜点店了。
旁白 neutral
The shop never changed much, but the flavors did
这家店没怎么变,但口味一直在变。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Sweet was always inventing new ones
Sweet太太总是在发明新的口味。
旁白 neutral
Henry and Cole waited until it was their turn to be served
亨利和科尔等着轮到他们点单。
旁白 neutral
" I'll try one scoop of raspberry mint chip in a cone, please," Henry said
“请给我一个蛋筒,一勺覆盆子薄荷巧克力碎冰淇淋,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" Marshmallow fudge for me," Cole said
“我要棉花糖软糖的,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Coming right up, boys."
"马上就来,孩子们。"
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Sweet picked up two cones and leaned into the cooler to get the ice cream
Sweet太太拿起两个蛋筒,弯腰从冰柜里取冰淇淋。
旁白 neutral
Henry looked around." This place is busy today."
亨利环顾四周。"今天这里真热闹。"
旁白 neutral
" It sure is
"确实如此。
旁白 neutral
Hot weather always makes people want a nice cool treat!" Mrs. Sweet winked
热天气总是让人们想来点清凉的甜品!" Sweet太太眨了眨眼。
旁白 neutral
" But you must know that already. How's business at your lemonade stand?"
"但你们肯定早就知道了。你们的柠檬水小摊生意怎么样?"
旁白 neutral
" Great," Henry said
"很好,"亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" That reminds me, we promised to bring back some ice cream for Maggie."
"那提醒了我,我们答应了给玛吉带些冰淇淋回去。"
旁白 neutral
Cole nodded." She wants a scoop of cherry vanilla in a cup."
科尔点点头。"她要一球樱桃香草味的,装杯子里。"
旁白 neutral
Soon Henry and Cole were back outside with their ice cream
很快,亨利和科尔就拿着冰淇淋回到了外面。
旁白 neutral
" We'd better hurry," Henry said
“我们最好快点儿,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" We promised Maggie we'd be back soon to help with the customers."
“我们答应了玛吉很快就回去帮忙招呼客人。”
旁白 neutral
" Yeah." Cole licked his ice cream, which was already starting to melt in the heat
“是啊。”科尔舔了舔冰淇淋,这么热的天,它已经开始融化了。
旁白 neutral
" Besides," he added," Maggie will be mad if her ice cream melts before we get back."
“再说,”他补充道,“要是我们回去前她的冰淇淋就化了,玛吉会生气的。”
旁白 neutral
Half a dozen people were clustered around the lemonade stand when Henry and Cole reached it
亨利和科尔到的时候,柠檬水摊周围已经围了五六个人。
旁白 neutral
Maggie saw the two boys coming
玛吉看到两个男孩回来了。
旁白 neutral
" Hurry up, you two!" she called." I can't do everything by myself!"
“快点儿,你们两个!”她喊道。“我一个人忙不过来了!”
旁白 neutral
" Sorry. We tried to hurry." Henry ate the last bite of his ice-cream cone
“对不起。我们尽量快了。”亨利吃完最后一口蛋筒冰淇淋。
旁白 neutral
Then he handed Maggie her ice cream and grabbed a pitcher of lemonade
然后他把冰淇淋递给玛吉,拿起一壶柠檬水。
旁白 neutral
" Who's next?" he called to the customers
“下一位是谁?”他朝客人们喊道。
旁白 neutral
" I am," a familiar voice said
"是我,"一个熟悉的声音说。
旁白 neutral
" Dad!" Henry looked up and saw his father grinning at him
"爸爸!"亨利抬起头,看到父亲正对他咧嘴笑着。
旁白 neutral
" What are you doing here?"
"你在这儿做什么呢?"
旁白 neutral
" Are you writing a story about our lemonade stand, Uncle Kevin?" Maggie joked
"凯文叔叔,您是在写关于我们柠檬水摊的故事吗?"玛吉开玩笑道。
旁白 neutral
Henry's father chuckled. He was a reporter for the local newspaper
亨利的父亲轻声笑起来。他是当地一家报社的记者。
旁白 neutral
" Nope," he said." I'm just here for lemonade."
"不是,"他说。"我就是来喝柠檬水的。"
旁白 neutral
As Henry handed his father a cup, an older man arrived
亨利递给父亲一杯柠檬水时,一位年长的男士走了过来。
旁白 neutral
" Well, hello, Kevin," he greeted Henry's father
"哟,你好啊,凯文,"他向亨利的父亲打招呼。
旁白 neutral
" Mr. Moss!" Henry's dad smiled." I've been meaning to call you
"莫斯先生!"亨利的爸爸笑着说。"我一直想给您打电话来着。
旁白 neutral
You did a great job fixing our garage door last weekend."
您上周末帮我们修好了车库门,手艺真棒。"
旁白 neutral
" One lemonade, please," Mr. Moss said to Henry, handing him a quarter
“请给我一杯柠檬水,”莫斯先生边对亨利说,边递给他一枚25美分硬币。
旁白 neutral
Then he turned back to Henry's father
然后他转向亨利的父亲。
旁白 neutral
" I'm glad you're pleased with the repair job," he said
“我很高兴您对修理工作满意,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Speaking of garages, did you hear about Mr. O'Malley's new car?"
“说到车库,您听说了奥马利先生的新车吗?”
旁白 neutral
The two men wandered away with their lemonade, still chatting
两个男人拿着柠檬水走开了,边走边继续聊着天。
旁白 neutral
" Mr. Moss fixed your garage door?" Cole asked Henry
“莫斯先生修好了你家的车库门?”科尔问亨利。
旁白 neutral
" I thought he was an art teacher."
“我还以为他是美术老师呢。”
旁白 neutral
" He retired last year," Maggie told him." Now he does odd jobs around town
“他去年退休了,”玛吉告诉他。“现在他在镇上打些零工。
旁白 neutral
My parents hired him to paint our garden shed, and they said he did a great job."
我父母雇他刷过我们花园的工具棚,他们说他干得很棒。”
旁白 neutral
She grinned." Except he likes to chatter while he works about things going on around town."
她咧嘴一笑。“就是他干活时喜欢闲聊镇上发生的事儿。”
旁白 neutral
" Mr. Moss loves to gossip," Henry agreed
“莫斯先生超爱八卦的,”亨利赞同道。
旁白 neutral
Cole looked around." Whew!" he said
科尔环顾四周。“呼!”他说。
旁白 neutral
" That's the last of our customers for right now."
“这会儿最后一位客人也走了。”
旁白 neutral
" Yeah," Maggie said." The lemonade stand has been really busy all day."
“是啊,”玛吉说。“一整天柠檬水摊子都特别忙。”
旁白 neutral
She glared at the boys." Especially while you two were gone."
她瞪了男孩们一眼。“尤其是你们两个不在的时候。”
旁白 neutral
Henry grinned." Having more customers means we make more money."
亨利咧嘴笑了。“客人多,我们就赚得多呀。”
旁白 neutral
" That's true." Maggie looked happier." I need all the money I can get
“那倒是。”玛吉看起来开心些了。“我需要尽可能多的钱。
旁白 neutral
I'm still saving up to enter the horse show at my barn
我还在攒钱,想报名参加马场的马术表演呢。
旁白 neutral
And we're not making much from our detective business these days."
而且最近我们的侦探生意也不怎么赚钱。”
旁白 neutral
" True." Henry nodded." We haven't had a new case in a few days."
“没错。”亨利点点头。“好几天没接到新案子了。”
旁白 neutral
Cole helped himself to some lemonade
科尔给自己倒了杯柠檬水。
旁白 neutral
" You're right. Maybe we've solved all the mysteries in Belltown!"
“你说得对。说不定贝尔镇所有的谜团都让我们给破解了!”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe," Henry said
“也许吧,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
Maggie looked worried." I hope not. Entering that horse show is expensive."
玛吉看上去很担心。“希望不是这样。参加那个马术表演可贵了。”
旁白 neutral
" Here comes another customer." Cole pointed down the street
“又来了一位客人。”科尔指向街道另一头。
旁白 neutral
" Who is it?" When Henry turned to look, he saw a young man he didn't recognize
“是谁?”亨利转头望去,看到一名他不认识的年轻男子。
旁白 neutral
A moment later the man reached them
不一会儿,那人走到了他们面前。
旁白 neutral
But he didn't even glance at the lemonade
但他连看都没看一眼柠檬水。
旁白 neutral
" Are you the kid detectives I've heard about?" he demanded
“你们就是我听说的那几个小侦探吗?”他急切地问道。
旁白 neutral
" Because I need someone to help me prove something — my ice-cream flavor was stolen!"
“我需要找人帮我证明一件事——我的冰淇淋口味被人偷了!”