E49 · Episodes
049 无人幸免
无人幸免
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 49 — 无人幸免.
86 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" You think that mystery man wants to kidnap William?"
“你觉得那个神秘男子想绑架威廉吗?”
旁白 neutral
Henry wasn't so sure about Cole's idea
亨利不太相信科尔的想法。
旁白 neutral
" That kind of thing doesn't happen in Belltown."
“那种事不会在贝尔镇发生。”
旁白 neutral
" Daisy said William's family is rich," Cole said
“黛西说威廉家很有钱,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Or maybe the mystery man is mad about something William's dad did as a senator
“或者那个神秘男子是因为威廉的爸爸当参议员时做了什么事而生气。
旁白 neutral
And that's why he wants to kidnap William!"
所以他才想绑架威廉!”
旁白 neutral
Maggie looked excited." This could be our biggest case yet!"
玛吉看起来很兴奋。“这可能是我们迄今为止最大的案子了!”
旁白 neutral
" But what does kidnapping have to do with slashing tires?" Henry asked
“但是绑架跟割破轮胎有什么关系呢?”亨利问。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe the mystery man was trying to distract everyone so he'd have a chance to nab William," said Cole
“也许那个神秘男子是想分散大家的注意力,好有机会抓住威廉,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe." Henry thought for a second. Then he shook his head
“也许吧。”亨利想了一会儿,然后摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" I'm still not sure I believe any of this
“我还是不确定该不该信这些。”
旁白 neutral
But Maggie is right about one thing
但玛姬有件事说得对。
旁白 neutral
This case is much more serious than our usual cases
这个案子比我们手头的案子严重得多。”
旁白 neutral
We should warn William right away. Then we need to tell Ms. Hernandez."
我们应该马上提醒威廉。然后得告诉埃尔南德斯女士。”
旁白 neutral
Cole nodded." Let's go find William."
科尔点点头。“我们去找威廉。”
旁白 neutral
The Lemonade Detectives wandered through the crowd, but William was nowhere to be seen
柠檬水侦探们在人群中穿来穿去,可威廉踪影全无。
旁白 neutral
Finally Maggie spotted him. He'd wandered off by himself into the woods
最后玛姬发现了他。他独自晃悠进了树林里。
旁白 neutral
They jogged toward him
他们小跑着追过去。
旁白 neutral
William saw them coming." Oh, it's you," he said uneasily
威廉看到他们来了。“哦,是你们啊,”他不自在地说。
旁白 neutral
" Did you come to knock over my bag again?"
“又来撞翻我的包吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No, we came to warn you that someone might be trying to kidnap you," Cole said
“不是,我们是来警告你,可能有人想绑架你。”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Have you noticed that stranger with the dark glasses?"
“你注意到那个戴墨镜的陌生人了吗?”
旁白 neutral
" He's been following you!" Maggie added
“他一直在跟踪你!”玛吉补充道。
旁白 neutral
" We're afraid he wants to kidnap you for ransom."
“我们担心他是想绑架你以索要赎金。”
旁白 neutral
For a second William just stared at them. Then he started laughing
威廉盯着他们看了一会儿,然后大笑起来。
旁白 neutral
Henry was confused. That definitely wasn't the reaction he was expecting!
亨利感到困惑。这绝对不是他预期的反应!
旁白 neutral
" What's so funny?" he asked
“有什么好笑的?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
William kept laughing. Then he turned and walked away
威廉笑个不停,然后转身走开了。
旁白 neutral
" Hold on a minute!" Maggie stomped after him
“等一下!”玛吉跺着脚追了上去。
旁白 neutral
" We're trying to help you! The least you can do is tell us what's so funny!"
“我们是想帮你!你至少该告诉我们有什么好笑的!”
旁白 neutral
" Okay." William finally stopped laughing." You don't have to worry
“好吧。”威廉终于停止了笑声。“你们不必担心。
旁白 neutral
That guy isn't trying to kidnap me."
那个人不是在试图绑架我。”
旁白 neutral
" How do you know?" Henry asked
“你怎么知道?”亨利问道。
旁白 neutral
For a second he thought William was going to walk away again
有那么一瞬间,他以为威廉又要走开了。
旁白 neutral
Then Maggie poked William in the shoulder." Tell us!" she ordered
接着,玛吉戳了戳威廉的肩膀。“告诉我们!”她命令道。
旁白 neutral
" While you're at it, tell us why you're here," Cole added
“顺便,也告诉我们你为什么来这里。”科尔补充道。
旁白 neutral
" We know you didn't want to come on this ride."
“我们知道你本来不想来骑行的。”
旁白 neutral
William frowned." I did want to come," he said
威廉皱起了眉头。“我确实想来的,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Well, I wanted to come at first
“嗯,我一开始想来。
旁白 neutral
I thought it would be a good way to meet people since I'm new around here."
我想这会是一个认识大家的好方式,因为我刚来这儿不久。”
旁白 neutral
Henry nodded." That makes sense
亨利点了点头。“那倒说得通。
旁白 neutral
But you don't look like you're having much fun."
不过你看起来好像不太开心。”
旁白 neutral
" That's because of Chuck," William said
“那是因为查克。”威廉说。
旁白 neutral
" Who's Chuck?" Maggie asked
“查克是谁?”麦琪问道。
旁白 neutral
" The guy with the dark glasses." William hesitated." He's my..."
“就是那个戴墨镜的人。”威廉犹豫了一下。“他是我的……”
旁白 neutral
" Your what?" Maggie prompted him
“你的什么?”麦琪催促他说下去。
旁白 neutral
William sighed." My bodyguard."
威廉叹了口气。“我的保镖。”
旁白 neutral
" What?" Cole exclaimed
“什么?”科尔惊呼道。
旁白 neutral
" My parents made him come with me," William said
“我爸妈硬要他跟着我来的,”威廉说。
旁白 neutral
" We're new here so they weren't sure if the trail ride was safe for me
“我们刚搬来,所以他们不确定这条骑行路线对我来说是否安全。
旁白 neutral
I didn't want everyone to think I was some weird rich kid with a bodyguard
我不想让大家觉得我是个带着保镖的古怪富家子弟。
旁白 neutral
So I decided not to come at all
所以我决定干脆不来了。
旁白 neutral
But then my parents wouldn't let me back out." He shrugged
可我爸妈又不允许我退出。”他耸了耸肩。
旁白 neutral
" Chuck promised he'd try to blend in with the other riders
“查克保证过他会尽量融入其他骑行者。
旁白 neutral
But it didn't really work."
但根本没奏效。”
旁白 neutral
Maggie giggled." Yeah. He sort of stands out in the crowd."
玛吉咯咯地笑了。“是啊,他在人群里有点显眼。”
旁白 neutral
That made the others laugh too. Even William smiled
这话让其他人也笑了起来,连威廉都笑了。
旁白 neutral
Now Henry understood why Chuck had lied to them about being a reporter
现在亨利明白了查克为什么对他们谎称自己是记者。
旁白 neutral
He'd been trying to protect William
他一直在努力保护威廉。
旁白 neutral
William suddenly looked nervous." Are you guys going to tell everyone?"
威廉突然显得紧张起来。“你们会把这事告诉大家吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No way," Cole said." Your secret's safe with us."
“绝对不说,”科尔说,“你的秘密我们保管得好好的。”
旁白 neutral
Maggie nodded." You can trust us. We're professionals."
麦琪点点头。“你可以信我们。我们是专业的。”
旁白 neutral
" Professional what?" William asked
“专业干什么的?”威廉问。
旁白 neutral
" Detectives," Henry said
“侦探,”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" Which reminds me — we have to hurry if we want to solve this case!"
“这倒提醒我了——想破这个案子,我们得抓紧了!”
旁白 neutral
" What case? We have no suspects!" Maggie reminded him
“什么案子?我们都没有嫌疑人了!”麦琪提醒他。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe we can interview everyone again," Cole said
“也许我们可以再把每个人问一遍,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
" Someone must have seen something suspicious!"
“肯定有人看到过什么可疑的事!”
旁白 neutral
" What about those two kids who keep sneaking into the woods together?" William asked
“那两个老是偷偷摸摸一起钻进林子里的孩子呢?”威廉问。
旁白 neutral
" That seems kind of suspicious."
“那显得有点可疑。”
旁白 neutral
" What two kids?" Henry asked
“哪两个孩子?”亨利问。
旁白 neutral
William shrugged." I don't know who they are
威廉耸耸肩。“我不知道他们是谁。
旁白 neutral
Some teenage guy and girl wearing school T-shirts."
一个十几岁的男生和一个女生,穿着校服T恤。”
旁白 neutral
" Hi, guys," Nathan said, walking over." What's going on?"
“嗨,各位,”内森走过来说,“怎么了?”
旁白 neutral
" We were just talking to William," Henry said." William, this is Nathan."
“我们刚在和威廉说话,”亨利说,“威廉,这是内森。”
旁白 neutral
" Hi." Nathan was friendly to everyone." Are you new in Belltown?"
“嗨。”内森对谁都很友好。“你刚来贝尔镇吗?”
旁白 neutral
Henry left the two of them chatting and dragged his friends aside
亨利让他们俩聊着,把自己朋友拉到一边。
旁白 neutral
" Who do you think William saw sneaking around?" he said
“你们觉得威廉看见谁在偷偷摸摸的?”他说。
旁白 neutral
" Did we miss some suspects?"
“我们漏掉了什么嫌疑人吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Maybe." Maggie shrugged
“可能吧。”麦琪耸耸肩。
旁白 neutral
" But it was probably just high school kids sneaking away to kiss."
“但很可能只是高中生躲起来亲嘴罢了。”
旁白 neutral
Just then Henry heard the sound of rustling leaves deeper in the woods
就在这时,亨利听到林子更深处传来窸窸窣窣的树叶声。
旁白 neutral
Cole heard it too." What's that? A deer or something?"
科尔也听到了。“那是什么?是鹿还是什么?”
旁白 neutral
Henry saw a flash of bright red and gold through the trees
亨利透过树丛瞥见一抹鲜红和金色闪过。
旁白 neutral
" No, it's a Valley High person — or people
“不,是山谷高中的人——可能不止一个。
旁白 neutral
Come on. This could be our last chance!"
快来。这可能是我们最后的机会了!”