Level 6 · 柠檬水侦探
🎬

E13 · Episodes

013 寻找谜案

寻找谜案

Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 13 — 寻找谜案.

75 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Hi! I heard you guys are detectives."

"嗨!我听说你们是侦探。"

旁白 neutral

Henry glanced up from pouring a cup of lemonade

亨利倒着柠檬汁,抬起头瞥了一眼。

旁白 neutral

So did his cousin, Maggie, and his best friend, Cole

他的表妹玛吉和最好的朋友科尔也抬起了头。

旁白 neutral

It was a hot summer day in Belltown, and the kids' lemonade stand was busy

这是贝尔镇一个炎热的夏日,孩子们的柠檬汁摊很忙碌。

旁白 neutral

A girl named Gail was standing there

一个名叫盖尔的女孩站在那里。

旁白 neutral

Gail was a year ahead of Henry and Cole in school and three years ahead of Maggie

盖尔在学校比亨利和科尔高一个年级,比玛吉高三个年级。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, we are detectives!" Maggie told her

"是的,我们是侦探!" 玛吉对她说。

旁白 neutral

" We solve all mysteries, large and small. See our new sign?"

"我们解决所有大大小小的谜团。看到我们的新招牌了吗?"

旁白 neutral

There were two handmade signs hanging by the lemonade stand

柠檬汁摊旁挂着两块手工制作的招牌。

旁白 neutral

The first sign was about the lemonade

第一块招牌是关于柠檬汁的。

旁白 neutral

The second sign was about the stand's latest business

第二块招牌写的是摊子最新的业务。

旁白 neutral

It said: The Lemonade Detectives

上面写着:柠檬汁侦探社

旁白 neutral

All Mysteries Solved, Guaranteed

保证解决所有谜团

旁白 neutral

No Problem Too Large or Too Small

无论大事小事,全都接办

旁白 neutral

$5 per case plus expenses

每案5美元,外加开销

旁白 neutral

Henry thought the new sign looked great, but so far it hadn't brought any customers with mysteries to solve

亨利觉得新招牌看起来很棒,但到目前为止,还没有带来想解谜的顾客。

旁白 neutral

The other sign, however, had brought plenty of people looking for a cold glass of lemonade

不过,另一块招牌倒是吸引了不少想买冰柠檬汁的人。

旁白 neutral

" Do you have a mystery for us?" Cole asked Gail eagerly

“你有什么谜题要交给我们吗?”科尔急切地问盖尔。

旁白 neutral

" No, my sister just told me that you three are detectives now," Gail said

“没有,只是我姐姐告诉我,你们三个现在是侦探了,”盖尔说。

旁白 neutral

" I'd like to buy some lemonade though."

“不过,我想买点柠檬汁。”

旁白 neutral

Maggie looked disappointed." Are you sure you don't have a case for us?

麦琪显得很失望。“你确定没有什么案件要委托给我们吗?

旁白 neutral

Hasn't anything mysterious happened to you lately?"

你最近难道没遇到过什么神秘的事情吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Nope. Sorry," Gail said

“没有。抱歉。”盖尔说。

旁白 neutral

Henry reached for the lemonade pitcher

亨利伸手去拿柠檬汁水壶。

旁白 neutral

He poured some into a cup and handed the cup to Gail

他倒了一些到杯子里,把杯子递给盖尔。

旁白 neutral

" That will be 25 cents, please," he told her." Enjoy your lemonade."

“请付25美分。”他对她说,“请享用你的柠檬汁。”

旁白 neutral

" Thanks." Gail handed him a quarter." Good luck with your detective agency."

“谢谢。”盖尔递给他一枚25分硬币。“祝你们的侦探社好运。”

旁白 neutral

After she left, Henry sighed

她离开后,亨利叹了口气。

旁白 neutral

" I'm starting to think that there are no more mysteries to solve in Belltown."

“我开始觉得贝尔镇已经没有什么谜题可解了。”

旁白 neutral

" We've been sitting here all morning, and haven't gotten a single case!" Cole added

“我们在这儿坐了一上午,一个案件都没接到!”科尔补充道。

旁白 neutral

" We could have been playing soccer instead."

“我们本可以去踢足球的。”

旁白 neutral

" At least we're making money." Maggie fanned herself with her hand

“至少我们在赚钱。”麦琪用手扇着风。

旁白 neutral

" It won't be long before I have enough to start horseback-riding lessons!"

“用不了多久,我就能攒够钱去上骑马课了!”

旁白 neutral

Maggie had started the lemonade stand because she wanted to take riding lessons

麦琪摆柠檬汁摊,是因为她想上骑马课。

旁白 neutral

Her parents had told her they would only pay half the cost

她父母告诉她,他们只肯付一半的费用。

旁白 neutral

She needed to earn enough money to pay the other half herself

她需要自己赚够另一半的钱。

旁白 neutral

The lemonade stand was a success right from the start

柠檬汁摊从一开始就很成功。

旁白 neutral

Maggie had made plenty of money selling her delicious lemonade

麦琪靠卖她美味的柠檬汁赚了不少钱。

旁白 neutral

But then all her money had disappeared right out of her cashbox!

可后来,她所有的钱竟然从她的钱箱里不翼而飞!

旁白 neutral

Henry and Cole had helped her track down the thief

亨利和科尔帮她追查到了小偷。

旁白 neutral

That was when the idea for The Lemonade Detectives was born

“柠檬汁侦探社”就是在那时候诞生的。

旁白 neutral

" We'd be making a lot more money if we had a case," Cole grumbled

“要是能接个案子,我们肯定能多赚好多钱。”科尔嘟囔着说。

旁白 neutral

" Besides Henry and I never agreed to be lemonade salesmen

“再说了,亨利和我可从没答应过要当卖柠檬汁的。”

旁白 neutral

We want to be detectives!"

我们想当侦探!”

旁白 neutral

" Detectives need to be patient," Maggie shot back

“侦探得有耐心才行。”麦琪立刻回了一句。

旁白 neutral

" Sooner or later we'll get a case and then — "

“早晚会接到案子的,到那个时候——”

旁白 neutral

" Stop arguing, you two," Henry said." Here come some more customers."

“你俩别吵了,”亨利说,“又有客人来了。”

旁白 neutral

A group of boys was heading their way

一群男孩正朝他们走来。

旁白 neutral

" Four lemonades, please," one boy said, holding out a dollar bill

“请来四杯柠檬汁。”一个男孩递过一张一美元钞票。

旁白 neutral

" Here you go." Maggie poured their lemonade

“来,慢用。”麦琪给他们倒柠檬汁。

旁白 neutral

" Did you know that we offer detective services now as well as lemonade?"

“你们知道我们现在除了卖柠檬汁,还提供侦探服务吗?”

旁白 neutral

The first boy squinted at the new sign

第一个男孩眯起眼睛看着那块新招牌。

旁白 neutral

" How can you guys be detectives?" he asked." You're just kids."

“你们怎么能当侦探呢?”他问道,“你们只是小孩子。”

旁白 neutral

A boy named Ryan, who never went anywhere without his skateboard, was standing there too

一个叫瑞恩的男孩也站在那儿,他到哪儿都离不开滑板。

旁白 neutral

" I bet it's because they figured out who stole Maggie's money," he said

“我打赌是因为他们查出了是谁偷了麦琪的钱。”他说。

旁白 neutral

" They thought it was me at first!"

“一开始他们还怀疑是我呢!”

旁白 neutral

He began telling his friends about how he'd been a suspect as the boys walked away sipping their lemonade

男孩们边喝着柠檬汁边走开,他开始跟朋友们讲自己如何成了嫌疑人。

旁白 neutral

" At least people are hearing about our detective agency," Maggie said, watching them go

“至少人们听说了我们的侦探社。”麦琪看着他们离去的背影说道。

旁白 neutral

" That's good," Henry said

“这是好事。”亨利说。

旁白 neutral

" But I don't think all three of us need to stay here for the whole day."

“但我觉得没必要我们三个人整天都待在这儿。”

旁白 neutral

Cole nodded." Henry and I could go play soccer, and you could call us if someone shows up with a mystery."

科尔点点头:“亨利和我可以去踢足球,如果有人带着谜题来了,你就打电话叫我们。”

旁白 neutral

" No way!" Maggie said." I need you to help me with the lemonade."

“不行!”麦琪说,“我需要你们帮我弄柠檬汁。”

旁白 neutral

" If we aren't here, it means you get to keep all the lemonade money," Henry reminded her

“如果我们不在这儿,就意味着你可以独吞所有卖柠檬汁的钱。”亨利提醒她。

旁白 neutral

Maggie hesitated, thinking about that

麦琪犹豫了,琢磨着这话。

旁白 neutral

" Here comes your next lemonade customer, Maggie," Cole said, pointing down the street." He's all yours."

“麦琪,你的下一位柠檬汁顾客来了。”科尔指着街那头说,“他交给你了。”

旁白 neutral

Henry glanced at the boy hurrying toward them

亨利瞥了一眼那个急匆匆朝他们走来的男孩。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, it's Nathan," he said

“嘿,是纳森。”他说。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe we should see if he wants to play soccer with us."

“也许我们该问问他愿不愿意和我们一起踢足球。”

旁白 neutral

Nathan was a kid in Henry and Cole's class who lived nearby

纳森和亨利、科尔是同班同学,就住在附近。

旁白 neutral

Everyone liked him because he was always friendly, nice, and happy

大家都喜欢他,因为他总是很友善、和气又开心。

旁白 neutral

When he got closer, though, Henry saw that Nathan didn't look very happy right now

不过,当他走近时,亨利发现纳森此刻看起来不怎么开心。

旁白 neutral

In fact, he was frowning and looking worried

事实上,他正皱着眉头,一脸担忧。

旁白 neutral

" What's up, Nathan?" Cole asked when Nathan reached the lemonade stand

“怎么了,纳森?”纳森走到柠檬汁摊前时,科尔问道。

旁白 neutral

Nathan pulled a five-dollar bill out of his pocket and slapped it down on the table

纳森从口袋里掏出一张五美元的钞票,啪地拍在桌上。

旁白 neutral

" I've got a mystery for you!" he announced

“我有个谜题要委托给你们!”他宣布道。