Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E60 · Episodes

060 热浪结束

热浪结束

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 60 — 热浪结束.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I could not believe it

我简直不敢相信。

旁白 neutral

Tufty had flown out through my skylight!

塔夫蒂竟然从天窗飞了出去!

旁白 neutral

" Tufty won't be able to find his way home!" Molly cried

“塔夫蒂会找不到回家的路的!”小红哭着说。

旁白 neutral

" He doesn't have a bell like I do," said Caswell sadly

“它不像我这样有个铃铛。”卡斯威尔难过地说。

旁白 neutral

" Even if someone finds him, they won't know he's my parrot," Molly went on

“就算有人发现它,也不会知道它是我的鹦鹉。”小红接着说。

旁白 neutral

Her eyes filled with tears

她的眼里充满了泪水。

旁白 neutral

" I'll never see Tufty again!"

“我再也见不到塔夫蒂了!”

旁白 neutral

We ran into the living room and told my mom what had happened

我们跑进客厅,把事情的经过告诉了妈妈。

旁白 neutral

My mom sat down

妈妈坐了下来。

旁白 neutral

She looked worried

她看上去很担心。

旁白 neutral

" Are you sure Tufty flew through the skylight?" she asked

“你确定朵朵是从天窗飞出去的吗?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

" We looked all over my room," I said," and he's not there."

“我们把我的房间都找遍了,”我说,“他不在那儿。”

旁白 neutral

" Go find Mr. Calabria," my mom said

“去找卡拉布里亚先生,”我妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" See if he'll help us look for Tufty."

“问问他能不能帮我们找朵朵。”

旁白 neutral

We found Mr. Calabria in his workshop

我们在他的工作间找到了卡拉布里亚先生。

旁白 neutral

He smiled when he saw us

他看到我们时笑了。

旁白 neutral

" Good news, everybody

“好消息,大家。

旁白 neutral

You'll be able to turn on your air conditioners again tonight!"

你们今晚就能再开空调了!”

旁白 neutral

" We came to see you about something else," Molly explained

“我们来是为了别的事,”莫莉解释道。

旁白 neutral

" We need help finding my parrot."

“我们需要帮忙找我的鹦鹉。”

旁白 neutral

" He flew through my skylight," I explained

“它从我的天窗飞出去了。”我解释道。

旁白 neutral

" Oh dear," said Mr. Calabria

“天哪。”卡拉布里亚先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Let's go see if we can spot him."

“我们去看看能不能找到它。”

旁白 neutral

Everyone except Molly went up to the roof

除了莫莉,大家都上了屋顶。

旁白 neutral

Her mom didn't want her to climb the narrow stairs with her boot

她妈妈不想让她穿着保护靴爬那窄窄的楼梯。

旁白 neutral

From the roof of our building, you can see all over the city

从我们楼顶,可以看到整座城市。

旁白 neutral

I could see the tops of apartment buildings and a big bridge

我能看到公寓楼的楼顶和一座大桥。

旁白 neutral

But I didn't see any sign of Tufty

但我没看到塔夫蒂的任何踪迹。

旁白 neutral

We all looked and listened for him

我们都一边找,一边听它的声音。

旁白 neutral

We heard car horns and subway trains, but this time they were real horns and real trains

我们听到了汽车喇叭声和地铁声,但这次是真实的喇叭声和真实的地铁声。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Calabria peered down at the street

卡拉布里亚先生朝街道上望去。

旁白 neutral

" A police car is stopping in front of our building!" he said

"一辆警车停在我们的楼前面了!"他说。

旁白 neutral

" I'd better go down and see what the police officers want."

"我最好下去看看警察想做什么。"

旁白 neutral

We followed Mr. Calabria downstairs

我们跟着卡拉布里亚先生下了楼。

旁白 neutral

And you'll never believe what happened next!

接下来发生的事,你们绝对想不到!

旁白 neutral

A policewoman stepped out of the car

一位女警察从车里走了出来。

旁白 neutral

She was holding a big box

她抱着一个大盒子。

旁白 neutral

" Do the O'Donnells live here?" she asked

"奥多奈尔一家住在这里吗?"她问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Mr. Calabria." Is something wrong?"

"是的,"卡拉布里亚先生说。"出什么事了吗?"

旁白 neutral

The policewoman smiled

女警察笑了。

旁白 neutral

" I have something for them."

“我有个东西要交给他们。”

旁白 neutral

I heard a sound from inside the box

我听到盒子里传出了声音。

旁白 neutral

" My number is 555...

“我的号码是555……

旁白 neutral

I never get it wrong!"

我从来不会记错!”

旁白 neutral

" That's Tufty!" I cried." He's singing Molly's telephone number!"

“那是塔夫提!”我叫道,“他在唱莫莉的电话号码!”

旁白 neutral

" He's my parrot!" said Molly happily

“它是我的鹦鹉!”莫莉高兴地说。

旁白 neutral

" We found Tufty in the park," the policewoman explained

“我们在公园里找到了塔夫提,”女警察解释道。

旁白 neutral

" We were able to trace the telephone number back to Molly's family."

“我们通过电话号码追踪到了莫莉的家人。”

旁白 neutral

Molly was thrilled to see Tufty

看到塔夫提,莫莉激动不已。

旁白 neutral

After that the parrot spent all his time sitting on Molly's walking boot

从那以后,鹦鹉就一直待在莫莉的步行靴上。

旁白 neutral

He loved to peck at it

它特别喜欢啄那只靴子。

旁白 neutral

The rest of the summer went by really fast

夏天剩下的日子过得飞快。

旁白 neutral

We kept trying to teach Tufty to talk

我们一直在试着教塔夫提说话。

旁白 neutral

But he just kept singing the telephone number song

可它只是一个劲儿地唱那首电话号码歌。

旁白 neutral

Luckily, he never made any more loud noises

还好,它再也没有发出过很响的声音。

旁白 neutral

Oh, and guess what

哦,你们猜怎么着。

旁白 neutral

As soon as our air conditioners started working again, the heat wave was over!

我们的空调刚修好能用了,热浪就过去了!

旁白 neutral

" It's going to get cold tonight," my mom said

“今晚要变冷了,”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" We might even need to put on our sweaters."

“我们可能得穿上毛衣了。”

旁白 neutral

" Cool!" said Tate

“太酷了!”泰特说。

旁白 neutral

That made everyone laugh

这句话把大家都逗笑了。

旁白 neutral

Molly grinned at me

莫莉朝我咧嘴笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad the heat wave is over

“热浪过去了,我很开心。

旁白 neutral

But I'm also glad we had a heat wave

但我也很高兴我们经历了这场热浪。

旁白 neutral

Otherwise, you would not have invented an air-conditioned movie theater in your room, Iggy."

不然的话,你也不会在你房间里发明一个空调电影院了,伊吉。”

旁白 neutral

" Yeah," agreed Josh

“是啊,”乔希表示赞同。

旁白 neutral

" And it's a good thing you thought of showing The Magic Music Box

“而且多亏你想起来放《魔法音乐盒》。

旁白 neutral

Otherwise, Tufty might have been lost forever!"

不然的话,塔夫提可能就永远找不回来了!”

旁白 neutral

" Luckily, Tufty could sing his telephone number!" added Jenny

“幸好塔夫提会唱出家里的电话号码!”珍妮补充道。

旁白 neutral

So, as usual, my incredible inventions had worked

所以,和往常一样,我那些不可思议的发明都成功了。

旁白 neutral

They just hadn't worked the way I expected them to!

只不过,它们成功的方式和我预想的不太一样!