Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E01 · Episodes

001 我的第一个发明

我的第一个发明

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 1 — 我的第一个发明.

76 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It all started one Monday morning at school

一切都始于一个周一的早晨,在学校里。

旁白 neutral

" It " was my idea — my first invention!

“它”是我的创意——我的第一项发明!

旁白 neutral

We were sitting in class, coloring maps

我们正坐在教室里给地图上色。

旁白 neutral

I don't understand why our teacher, Mrs. Romano, makes us color maps

我不明白为什么罗曼诺老师总让我们给地图上色。

旁白 neutral

She acts as if we are in first grade instead of fourth grade

她好像把我们当成了一年级,而不是四年级。

旁白 neutral

Does she really think we still like to color?

她真以为我们还喜欢涂色吗?

旁白 neutral

" Use bright colors!"

“用鲜艳的颜色!”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Romano said, walking around the room

罗曼诺老师一边说着,一边在教室里走动。

旁白 neutral

I colored North America green

我把北美洲涂成了绿色。

旁白 neutral

I colored South America orange

我把南美洲涂成了橙色。

旁白 neutral

I colored Africa yellow

我把非洲涂成了黄色。

旁白 neutral

Then I started working on Asia, which is a really big continent

然后我开始涂亚洲,那是个非常大的洲。

旁白 neutral

My hand was getting tired

我的手开始累了。

旁白 neutral

I stopped to give it a rest

我停下来让手休息一下。

旁白 neutral

My friend Molly leaned toward me

我的朋友莫莉朝我靠过来。

旁白 neutral

" Psst, Iggy!" she whispered

“嘘,伊吉!”她低声说。

旁白 neutral

" My hand hurts from coloring!"

“我涂颜色涂得手疼!”

旁白 neutral

" So does mine!" I said

“我的也是!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Quiet, please!" said Mrs. Romano

“请安静!”罗曼诺老师说。

旁白 neutral

" All I want to hear is the sound of crayons moving across the paper."

“我只想听到蜡笔在纸上划过的声音。”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Romano wanted to hear the sound of crayons moving across the paper?

罗曼诺老师想听到蜡笔在纸上移动的声音?

旁白 neutral

I was so tired of that sound!

我太烦那个声音了!

旁白 neutral

" Why aren't there machines to do coloring?"

“为什么没有能涂色的机器呢?”

旁白 neutral

I thought suddenly

我突然想到。

旁白 neutral

" Then kids wouldn't have to work so hard."

“那样孩子们就不用这么辛苦了。”

旁白 neutral

That was when I got my idea — a truly incredible idea

就在那时,我有了一个主意——一个非常不可思议的主意。

旁白 neutral

It could make me, Iggy, a famous inventor!

它可能让我,伊吉,成为一个著名的发明家!

旁白 neutral

I told Molly about my idea on the way home from school

放学回家的路上,我把主意告诉了莫莉。

旁白 neutral

" Wow!" said Molly

“哇!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" If your idea works, we'll never have to color by hand again!"

“如果你的主意行得通,我们就再也不用徒手涂色了!”

旁白 neutral

Our school is near the apartment building where Molly and I live

我们的学校靠近我和莫莉住的公寓楼。

旁白 neutral

Our apartments are both on the fifth floor

我们的公寓都在五楼。

旁白 neutral

That means we have to climb a lot of stairs every day

这意味着我们每天得爬很多楼梯。

旁白 neutral

" Whew, I wish our backpacks weren't so heavy!" I groaned

“呼,我希望我们的背包没那么重!”我呻吟道。

旁白 neutral

" Me too," she agreed, panting hard

“我也是。”她表示同意,喘着粗气。

旁白 neutral

I said good-bye to Molly and then went into my apartment

我对莫莉说了再见,然后走进我的公寓。

旁白 neutral

My mom was on the telephone in the kitchen

我妈妈在厨房里打电话。

旁白 neutral

She waved to me as I walked by

我走过时,她向我挥手。

旁白 neutral

I went into my bedroom and dumped my heavy backpack on the floor

我走进卧室,把沉重的背包扔在地板上。

旁白 neutral

One of its straps fell just over the chalk line on the floor

背包的一条带子正好掉在地板上的粉笔线上。

旁白 neutral

My older brother, Tate, had drawn the line to divide our room into two sections

我哥哥泰特划了一条线,把我们的房间分成了两半。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, get your backpack off my side of the room!"

“嘿,把你的书包从我这边拿开!”

旁白 neutral

Tate ordered me

泰特命令我。

旁白 neutral

" It's my room too!" I shot back

“这也是我的房间!”我回嘴道。

旁白 neutral

" No arguing, boys!" called my mother from the kitchen

“别吵了,孩子们!”妈妈从厨房喊道。

旁白 neutral

I decided to go down to the fourth floor and see my friend Josh

我决定下楼去四楼找我的朋友乔什。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to get away from Tate

我想离泰特远点。

旁白 neutral

Plus, I needed help with my invention

而且,我的发明需要人帮忙。

旁白 neutral

I knocked on the door of his apartment, and Josh answered right away

我敲了敲他公寓的门,乔什马上就开了门。

旁白 neutral

" Hi, Josh!" I said

“嗨,乔什!”我说。

旁白 neutral

Josh invited me in

乔什邀请我进去。

旁白 neutral

" Do you know that toy that Sparky likes?" I blurted out

“你知道斯帕奇喜欢的那件玩具吗?”我脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

Sparky is Josh's pet hamster

斯帕奇是乔什的宠物仓鼠。

旁白 neutral

" His seesaw?" Josh asked

“他的跷跷板吗?”乔什问道。

旁白 neutral

He walked over to Sparky's cage and lifted up the toy

他走到斯帕奇的笼子边,拿起了那个玩具。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, that's it," I said

“对,就是它,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Can I borrow it?

“我能借它吗?

旁白 neutral

I want to make one just like it."

我想做一个一模一样的。”

旁白 neutral

" Why?" asked Josh

“为什么?”乔什问。

旁白 neutral

" I have a brilliant idea!" I said

“我有个绝妙的主意!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm going to invent an automatic coloring machine!

“我要发明一台自动涂色机!

旁白 neutral

My hand will never get tired from coloring again."

我的手再也不会因为涂色而累了。”

旁白 neutral

Josh's eyes lit up

乔什的眼睛一亮。

旁白 neutral

" Cool," he said." How will it work?"

“酷,”他说。“它怎么工作呢?”

旁白 neutral

" You'll see!" I told him

“你会看到的!”我告诉他。

旁白 neutral

" Let's show Sparky's seesaw to Mr. Calabria, the building superintendent

“我们去给大楼管理员卡拉布里亚先生看看斯帕奇的跷跷板吧。

旁白 neutral

He has a lot of wood downstairs."

他楼下有很多木料。”

旁白 neutral

We went down the steps to the building's basement

我们走下楼梯,去了大楼的地下室。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Calabria was in his workroom surrounded by tools and wood scraps

卡拉布里亚先生在他的工作室里,周围都是工具和木料碎片。

旁白 neutral

He smiled at us

他对我们笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" Is your kitchen faucet leaking again, Iggy?" he asked

“你的厨房水龙头又漏水了吗,伊吉?”他问。

旁白 neutral

I shook my head

我摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" Our faucet is working fine."

“我们的水龙头很好。”

旁白 neutral

" Then do you have another problem?" he asked

“那你有别的问题吗?”他问。

旁白 neutral

" He has something, Mr. Calabria!" Josh burst out

“他有东西,卡拉布里亚先生!”乔什突然说道。

旁白 neutral

" But it's not a problem — it's an amazing, incredible idea!"

“但那不是问题——是个惊人的、不可思议的主意!”