Level 7 · 哈克贝利·费恩历险记
🎬

E09 · Episodes

009 沉船上的凶手

沉船上的凶手

Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 9 — 沉船上的凶手.

61 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I peeked into a cabin on the wrecked steamboat to see what was going on

我偷偷往一艘触礁的蒸汽船舱里看,想知道出了什么事。

旁白 neutral

A man was lying on the floor, tied up, and two other men were standing over him

一个人被绑着躺在地上,另外两个男人站在他身旁。

旁白 neutral

One had a lantern and the other had a gun

一个拿着灯笼,另一个端着枪。

旁白 neutral

They were arguing about whether or not to shoot the man on the floor

他们在争论要不要开枪打死地上那个人。

旁白 neutral

Finally they decided that they would just leave him tied up on the wreck

最后他们决定就把他绑在船上不管了。

旁白 neutral

When it slid off the rock and sank, he would drown

等船从岩石上滑下去沉没时,他就会被淹死。

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile, they were going to get in their rowboat and row away

而他们则打算坐上小划艇划走。

旁白 neutral

I ran back to Jim, very scared. I whispered," Quick, Jim, there are murderers on this boat!

我非常害怕地跑回吉姆身边,低声说:“快,吉姆,这船上有杀人犯!”

旁白 neutral

We have to find the rowboat and cut it loose, so they can't get away. Then we'll get on our raft — "

我们得找到那条小划艇,割断绳子,不让他们逃走。然后我们上木筏——”

旁白 neutral

But Jim interrupted me." Huck, we don't have a raft! It broke loose and floated away!"

可吉姆打断了我:“哈克,我们没木筏了!它挣开绳子漂走了!”

旁白 neutral

We were trapped on a wreck with wicked men and no way to get off!

我们和歹徒一起被困在失事船上,无路可逃!

旁白 neutral

I realized that we had to find that rowboat right away, for ourselves

我意识到我们必须马上找到那条划艇,为了我们自己。

旁白 neutral

Jim and I felt along the sides of the wreck in the dark, until finally we found the boat

我和吉姆在黑暗中沿着船身摸索,终于找到了那条船。

旁白 neutral

We were about to jump into it when a door opened and the man with the lantern stepped outside

我们正要跳上去,这时一扇门开了,提灯笼的男人走了出来。

旁白 neutral

We kept still and he didn't see us as he threw a big bag into the boat

我们一动不动,他把一个大袋子扔进船里时没看见我们。

旁白 neutral

Both men got into the rowboat, and one man said to the other," All ready — shove off."

两个人都上了划艇,一个对另一个说:“都好了——出发吧。”

旁白 neutral

Then the second man said," Wait a minute — did you go through his pockets?"

接着第二个人说:“等一等——你翻过他的口袋了吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No, I didn't," replied the first

“不,我没有。”第一个人回答。

旁白 neutral

The two men decided to go back on the wreck and see if the tied-up man had any money they could take

那两个人决定回到失事船上去,看看那个被绑着的人身上有没有钱可拿。

旁白 neutral

The minute they went back inside, Jim and I jumped into the rowboat

他们一回里面,我和吉姆就跳上了划艇。

旁白 neutral

I cut the rope with my knife and the river current began to carry us away

我用刀割断绳索,河水带着我们漂走了。

旁白 neutral

We didn't touch the oars, and we didn't speak or whisper. We hardly dared to breathe

我们没碰船桨,也不说话,连耳语都没有。几乎连气都不敢喘。

旁白 neutral

When we were about three hundred meters downstream, Jim took the oars and began to row

漂到下游大约三百米时,吉姆拿起桨划了起来。

旁白 neutral

I started to worry about the robbers on the wreck

我开始担心起那艘破船上的歹徒了。

旁白 neutral

Even though they were bad men, I didn't want to just leave them to drown

虽然他们不是好人,可我也不想就这么丢下他们,让他们淹死。

旁白 neutral

The storm blew up again, and as the lightning flashed, we searched for our raft in the water

暴风雨又变大了,趁着闪电的光,我们在水上搜寻我们的木筏。

旁白 neutral

Finally we found it. Just then we saw a light on the shore too

我们总算找到了。就在这时,我们还看见岸上有一处灯光。

旁白 neutral

" Jim," I said," you keep floating on the raft

“吉姆,”我说,“你继续乘着木筏漂。

旁白 neutral

Shine a lantern for me so I can find you

给我亮着一盏灯,我好能找到你。

旁白 neutral

I'm going to take the boat and go to that light

我要乘这只小艇,去那边有灯光的地方。”

旁白 neutral

I want to get help for the men on the wreck."

我想为触礁船上的那些人求救。”

旁白 neutral

As I got close to shore, I saw that the light came from a ferryboat sitting on the water

快靠岸时,我看见那亮光来自一艘停在水面上的渡轮。

旁白 neutral

I found the captain on board, asleep. I woke him up and told him a sad story that I made up

我在船上找到了正在睡觉的船长。我叫醒他,编了个伤心的故事讲给他听。

旁白 neutral

" Pap and Ma'am and my sister..." I began, and then I started to cry

“我爸、我妈和我妹妹……”我开了个头,然后就哭了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Don't cry, now," he said." Everything will be all right. What's the trouble?"

“别哭啊,”他说,“一切都会好的。出什么事了?”

旁白 neutral

I said that my family had tried to cross the river late at night, but we had lost our oars

我说,我们一家深夜里想过河,但把船桨弄丢了。

旁白 neutral

Floating helplessly down the river, our boat had hit the wrecked steamboat

我们的船无助地顺流漂下,撞上了那艘触礁的汽船。

旁白 neutral

We all climbed onto the wreck, but we realized it would soon sink

我们都爬到了破船上,可发现它很快就要沉了。

旁白 neutral

I was the only one who could swim, so my dad said I must swim to shore and get help

我是唯一会游泳的,所以我爸说我得游上岸找人帮忙。

旁白 neutral

And now here I was, begging the captain to take his boat and help them

现在我就在这儿,求船长驾船去救他们。

旁白 neutral

The captain promised he would get his crew right away, and they would take the ferry out to the wreck

船长保证他会立刻召集船员,乘渡船前往失事船那里。

旁白 neutral

In the meantime, he directed me to an inn nearby where I could get warm and dry

与此同时,他指引我去附近一家旅店,让我可以取暖烤干。

旁白 neutral

But as soon as he left me, I got into the rowboat and rowed out onto the river to find Jim and the raft

但他一离开,我就跳上划艇,向河上划去寻找吉姆和木筏。

旁白 neutral

I felt good about trying to save the gang from drowning

我为自己设法救那帮人免于淹死而感到高兴。

旁白 neutral

I only wished there was some way the Widow Douglas could know what I had done

我只希望道格拉斯寡妇能通过什么办法知道我做的事。

旁白 neutral

When I rowed past the wreck again, I saw that it was now mostly underwater

当我再次划过那艘失事船时,看到它大部分已沉入水下。

旁白 neutral

I called out, but no one answered. Then I realized that it was too late to save the men

我喊了几声,但没人回应。这时我才意识到救他们已经太迟了。

旁白 neutral

I felt sad. It seemed like a long, long time before I saw the light on the raft

我感到难过。过了很久很久,我才看见木筏上的亮光。

旁白 neutral

It was almost morning when I finally caught up with Jim

等我终于追上吉姆时,天几乎快亮了。

旁白 neutral

We found an island, sank the rowboat, and hid the raft on shore. Then we slept until the afternoon

我们找到一个小岛,弄沉了划艇,把木筏藏在岸边,然后一直睡到下午。

旁白 neutral

When we woke up, we looked at all the things the gang had stolen from the wrecked boat

醒来后,我们查看了那帮人从失事船上偷来的所有东西。

旁白 neutral

We found boots, blankets, clothes, and lots of books

我们找到了靴子、毯子、衣服和许多书。

旁白 neutral

We spent most of the day lying under the trees, talking

那天大部分时间我们都躺在树下聊天。

旁白 neutral

Then I read to Jim from a book about kings and dukes, and how fancy their clothes were

然后我给吉姆朗读一本关于国王和公爵的书,描述他们衣服多么华丽,

旁白 neutral

and how they called each other " Your Majesty " and " Your Grace."

以及他们互相称呼“陛下”和“殿下”。

旁白 neutral

Jim was very interested. He asked me how much a king earned

吉姆非常感兴趣,问我国王挣多少钱。

旁白 neutral

" Why, they can have a thousand dollars a month, if they want it," I said

“哦,他们愿意的话,一个月能拿一千美元。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" They can have anything they want — everything belongs to them."

“他们要什么有什么——一切都是他们的。”

旁白 neutral

" What do they have to do to get it?" Jim asked

“那他们得干什么才能得到呢?”吉姆问。

旁白 neutral

" They don't have to do anything," I replied

“他们什么都不用干。”我回答。

旁白 neutral

" They just sit around — except maybe when there's a war, then they go to the war."

“他们就只是闲坐着——除非打仗的时候,那他们就去打仗。”