Level 7 · 哈克贝利·费恩历险记
🎬

E08 · Episodes

008 逃离小岛

逃离小岛

Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 8 — 逃离小岛.

58 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The woman invited me into her house and said," Take a chair."

那个女人邀请我进了屋,说道:“请坐。”

旁白 neutral

I sat down. She looked at me closely and asked my name

我坐了下来。她仔细看了看我,问我的名字。

旁白 neutral

" Sarah Williams," I answered

“莎拉·威廉姆斯,”我回答。

旁白 neutral

Then she asked where I was from, and I told her I came from Hookerville, about ten kilometers away

然后她问我从哪里来,我告诉她我来自胡克维尔,大约十公里远。

旁白 neutral

I said that my mother was sick and I had come to look for my uncle, Abner Moore

我说我母亲生病了,我是来找我叔叔阿布纳·摩尔的。

旁白 neutral

She explained that she had been living in the town for only two weeks and didn't know my uncle

她解释说她才搬到这个镇上两个星期,不认识我叔叔。

旁白 neutral

She invited me to stay the night, but I said that I would just rest for a while and then leave

她邀请我住一晚,但我说我休息一会儿就走。

旁白 neutral

Then she began to talk about the recent murder in St. Petersburg

然后她开始说起最近在圣彼得堡发生的谋杀案。

旁白 neutral

" Who killed Huckleberry Finn?" I asked

“谁杀了哈克贝利·费恩?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Some people think it was his father," she said," and some people think it was Jim, a runaway slave

“有些人认为是他父亲干的,”她说,“也有些人认为是吉姆,一个逃跑的奴隶。”

旁白 neutral

There's a reward for catching the slave — three hundred dollars

抓住那个奴隶有赏金——三百美元。

旁白 neutral

After the boy was murdered, old Finn came into town

男孩被谋杀后,老芬恩来到了镇上。

旁白 neutral

He cried and begged Judge Thatcher for some money so he could hunt for the slave

他哭哭啼啼地求撒切尔法官给他点钱,好让他去追捕那个奴隶。

旁白 neutral

The last time anyone saw him, he was with some very tough-looking men

最后一次有人看见他时,他和几个看起来很凶悍的男人在一起。

旁白 neutral

Some people think old Finn killed his son so that he could get his money, and that he'll come back for it."

有些人认为是老芬恩杀了自己的儿子,好拿到他的钱,而且他还会回来取那笔钱。”

旁白 neutral

" Does that mean they've stopped hunting for the slave?" I asked

“那是说他们已经停止追捕那个奴隶了吗?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Oh no," she said." Some people still think Jim did it

“哦,没有,”她说。“有些人还是觉得是吉姆干的。

旁白 neutral

And they would like that three hundred dollar reward

而且他们想要那三百美元的赏金。

旁白 neutral

My husband and his friends are out looking for Jim right now

我丈夫和他的朋友们现在就在外面找吉姆。

旁白 neutral

I told my husband he should look on Jackson's Island

我跟丈夫说,他应该去杰克逊岛上找找。

旁白 neutral

I've seen smoke over there at night, and I think the slave is hiding there."

夜里我在那边看到过烟,我想那个奴隶就藏在那里。”

旁白 neutral

I felt very nervous when she said this

听她这么说,我非常紧张。

旁白 neutral

I needed something to do so that she would not see how scared I was

我得做点什么,这样她就看不出我有多害怕了。

旁白 neutral

I saw some sewing supplies sitting on the table beside me

我看到旁边桌子上放着一些缝纫用品。

旁白 neutral

I picked up a needle from the table and tried to thread it, but I didn't do a good job

我从桌上拿起一根针,试着穿线,但没穿好。

旁白 neutral

The woman watched me, and finally she said," What's your real name? Is it Bill? Tom?"

那妇人看着我,最后她说:“你的真名叫什么?是比尔?汤姆?”

旁白 neutral

I started to shake and didn't know what to say

我开始发抖,不知道说什么。

旁白 neutral

But she said kindly," I think you are a poor runaway boy who has been treated badly

但她和蔼地说:“我觉得你是个可怜的离家出走的男孩,受了虐待。

旁白 neutral

I'll keep your secret, and I'll give you some food for your journey, but I don't think you should try to pretend to be a girl

我会保守你的秘密,再给你些路上吃的食物,不过我觉得你不该再装成女孩子了。

旁白 neutral

When you thread a needle, you are supposed to hold the needle still and bring the thread to it

穿针的时候,应该把针拿稳,把线凑过去。

旁白 neutral

You brought the needle to the thread, and no girl would do that."

你把针往线上穿,女孩子才不会那样做呢。

旁白 neutral

I thanked the woman and left her house as quickly as I could, running back to the canoe

我谢过那个女人,飞快地离开她家,跑回独木舟。

旁白 neutral

I paddled over to the island and climbed up to our cave

我划到岛上,爬进我们的山洞。

旁白 neutral

" Jim, wake up!" I cried." We have to leave right away. They're after us!"

“吉姆,快醒醒!”我喊道,“我们得马上走。他们追来了!”

旁白 neutral

It was about one in the morning by the time we left the island

我们离开小岛时,大约凌晨一点。

旁白 neutral

We were on the big raft we had found a few days before

我们乘的是几天前发现的那只大木筏。

旁白 neutral

We had piled all our supplies and our canoe on it

我们把所有补给和独木舟都堆在上面。

旁白 neutral

When daylight came, we tied the raft up on the riverbank and hid it with branches

天亮时,我们把木筏拴在河岸上,用树枝遮盖起来。

旁白 neutral

Then we lay in the shade all day and watched the big steamboats going up and down the river

然后我们整天躺在阴凉处,看着大汽船在河上往来。

旁白 neutral

I wondered if the men had found our campsite yet

我在想那些人是不是已经发现我们的营地了。

旁白 neutral

Just before we left, I had built a campfire to fool them

就在离开前,我生了堆篝火骗他们。

旁白 neutral

I hoped they had sat by it all night, waiting for Jim to come back

但愿他们整晚都守在那儿,等着吉姆回去。

旁白 neutral

We spent every night on our raft. Jim used some planks to make a little hut for us in the middle of the raft

我们每个夜晚都在木筏上过。吉姆用木板在木筏中央给我们搭了个小棚屋。

旁白 neutral

The hut had a raised floor, and in the middle, we made a pit and filled it with earth. Here we could build a fire if we got cold

棚屋的地板垫高了,中间挖了个坑,填上土。冷的时候我们可以在里面生火。

旁白 neutral

Every night we traveled, floating downriver with the current

每个夜晚,我们顺着水流往下游漂。

旁白 neutral

On the fifth night, we passed the great city of St. Louis, which looked like the whole world lit up

第五天夜里,我们经过了大城市圣路易斯,看上去仿佛整个世界都灯火通明。

旁白 neutral

It was completely silent though — all the people were asleep

可四下里一片寂静——所有人都睡着了。

旁白 neutral

We had lots of food to eat

我们有不少吃的。

旁白 neutral

In the early morning, before the sun came up, I would sneak ashore into a farmer's field and take a watermelon or some corn

清晨太阳还没升起,我会偷偷上河岸,到农夫的地里拿个西瓜或掰些玉米。

旁白 neutral

Every evening I would go into a town to buy a little cornmeal or bacon. Sometimes I shot a duck

每天晚上,我会进镇子买点玉米面或咸肉。有时我也打只野鸭。

旁白 neutral

One night there was a big thunderstorm. We stayed inside the hut as the rain poured down on our raft

一天夜里,下起了大雷雨。我们待在棚屋里,任雨水浇在木筏上。

旁白 neutral

Flashes of lightning lit up the river, and suddenly I saw something ahead

闪电照亮了河面,我突然看见前面有什么东西。

旁白 neutral

It was a wrecked steamboat caught on a rock

那是一条撞在礁石上搁浅的破汽船。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to go aboard and have a look around, but Jim was against it

我想上船去探个究竟,可吉姆不同意。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe there's someone on board," he said

“船上也许有人,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" No one will be on a wreck like that," I argued." And we might find some supplies on board."

“那种破船上不会有人,”我争辩道,“而且我们说不定能找到些补给。”

旁白 neutral

We tied our raft up to the boat, and I explored it while Jim waited by the raft

我们把木筏拴在船边,我去探船,吉姆等在木筏旁。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly I heard a frightened voice crying," Oh, please don't, boys. I swear I will never tell."

突然,我听见一个惊恐的声音喊道:“哦,求你们别这样,伙计们。我发誓绝不说出去。”