Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E01 · Episodes

001 格列佛漂流记

格列佛漂流记

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 1 — 格列佛漂流记.

59 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

In 1674, I was born on my father's small estate in Nottinghamshire, England

1674年,我出生在英格兰诺丁汉郡我父亲的小庄园里。

旁白 neutral

" What a fine, strong boy!" said my father

“多好的一个结实男孩!”我的父亲说。

旁白 neutral

" I think he will be a clever and good man like his grandfather."

“我觉得他会像他祖父一样,成为一个聪明而善良的人。”

旁白 neutral

" I agree," said my mother

“我同意。”我的母亲说。

旁白 neutral

" Let's name him ' Lemuel ' after your father."

“我们就用你父亲的名字,叫他‘莱缪尔’吧。”

旁白 neutral

My childhood was very happy

我的童年非常快乐。

旁白 neutral

I liked going to school and learning new things

我喜欢上学,学习新知识。

旁白 neutral

But I often used to daydream about going to sea

但我常常幻想着出海。

旁白 neutral

One day, Father asked," Lemuel, have you thought about your future?

一天,父亲问:“莱缪尔,你考虑过你的未来吗?

旁白 neutral

I think you would be a good doctor."

我觉得你会成为一名好医生。”

旁白 neutral

I wanted to please him, so I said," Yes, Father

为了让他高兴,我说:“好的,父亲。

旁白 neutral

I'll go to Cambridge University and study medicine."

我会去剑桥大学学医。”

旁白 neutral

But as I spoke I was thinking

但在我说话时,我心里在想,

旁白 neutral

" At university I can also learn things that will be useful to a sailor."

“在大学里,我也可以学一些对水手有用的东西。”

旁白 neutral

After several years of study, I became a doctor

经过几年的学习,我成为了一名医生。

旁白 neutral

Not long after, I asked my sweetheart, Mary, to marry me

不久之后,我向我的爱人玛丽求婚。

旁白 neutral

" Lemuel," she replied," I would be very happy to marry you."

“莱缪尔,”她回答说,“我会非常高兴嫁给你。”

旁白 neutral

Before long, we had children─a boy and a girl

不久,我们有了孩子——一个男孩和一个女孩。

旁白 neutral

They gave us great joy

他们给我们带来了极大的快乐。

旁白 neutral

I enjoyed being a doctor for the first few years

最初的几年,我喜欢当医生。

旁白 neutral

But then I became bored, and ideas of travel filled my mind

但后来我渐渐感到厌倦,满脑子都是旅行的念头。

旁白 neutral

I imagined wandering to far-off places and seeing wonderful new things

我想象着漫游到遥远的地方,去看那些新奇美妙的事物。

旁白 neutral

" Mary," I said one day," I need more adventure in my life

有一天我对玛丽说:“玛丽,我的生活需要更多冒险。

旁白 neutral

The captain of a ship about to sail has offered me a job as the ship's doctor."

有一艘船即将起航,船长请我上船当医生。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh dear!" Mary replied

“哦,天哪!”玛丽回答。

旁白 neutral

" The children and I will miss you very much, and I'll worry about you

“我和孩子们会非常想念你,而且我会担心你的。

旁白 neutral

When will you come back?"

你什么时候回来?”

旁白 neutral

" I don't know how long the journey will take," I told her

“我不知道这趟旅程要多久,”我告诉她,

旁白 neutral

" But I promise I will return

“但我保证一定会回来。

旁白 neutral

And when I do, I'll tell you and the children all about my adventures."

等回来后,我会把我所有的冒险经历讲给你和孩子们听。”

旁白 neutral

So in 1699, I set sail on the Antelope from Bristol

于是1699年,我从布里斯托尔乘着羚羊号启航了。

旁白 neutral

That city is a large and very old port in the southwest of England

那座城市是英格兰西南部一个巨大而古老的港口。

旁白 neutral

From the dock, Mary called out

玛丽从码头上喊道,

旁白 neutral

" Good-bye, and please be careful!

“再见,请一定要小心!

旁白 neutral

Come back to us soon!"

早点回到我们身边!”

旁白 neutral

The children waved to me, and I waved back

孩子们向我挥着手,我也向他们挥手。

旁白 neutral

The captain was a good man and had sailed a great deal

船长是个好人,航海经验非常丰富。

旁白 neutral

" Welcome aboard, Doctor Gulliver," he said

“欢迎上船,格列佛医生,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" First we'll be sailing down the Atlantic Ocean and around the coast of Africa

“我们会先沿大西洋南下,绕着非洲海岸航行。

旁白 neutral

Then we'll sail through the Indian Ocean to the South Seas."

然后穿过印度洋,前往南海。”

旁白 neutral

Our journey went well until one morning, somewhere near Tasmania in the South Pacific Ocean

我们的旅程一直很顺利,直到一天早上,在南太平洋靠近塔斯马尼亚的某个地方。

旁白 neutral

" I don't like the look of those clouds," the captain said

“那些云看起来不太妙,”船长说。

旁白 neutral

" I think a storm is coming."

“我觉得暴风雨要来了。”

旁白 neutral

Within an hour, a violent storm began

不到一个小时,一场猛烈的暴风雨就开始了。

旁白 neutral

The sea rose in great, angry waves much taller than the Antelope

海面上掀起滔天巨浪,远比羚羊号要高。

旁白 neutral

The wind─now as strong as a hurricane─made a terrible sound

风——此刻像飓风一样猛烈——发出可怕的声音。

旁白 neutral

" The wind is blowing the ship off course!" shouted the captain." Look out!"

“风把船吹偏航了!”船长大喊。“小心!”

旁白 neutral

Suddenly, with a loud crack, the Antelope hit some rocks and broke in half

突然,随着一声巨响,羚羊号撞上了礁石,断成了两半。

旁白 neutral

The sailors fell into the sea

水手们都掉进了海里。

旁白 neutral

Many of them could not swim

他们中有许多人不会游泳。

旁白 neutral

The ship sank quickly, and I suppose everyone but me drowned

船下沉得很快,我想除了我之外,所有人都淹死了。

旁白 neutral

I am an excellent swimmer and swam with all my strength

我是个游泳好手,便使出全身力气游了起来。

旁白 neutral

My life depended on it

我的性命全系于此。

旁白 neutral

But after a while I was too tired to swim anymore

但过了一会儿,我累得再也游不动了。

旁白 neutral

Just as I was thinking," I'm going to die too," my feet touched the ocean floor

就在我想着“我也要死了”的时候,我的脚碰到了海底。

旁白 neutral

Slowly I struggled out of the sea

我慢慢地挣扎着从海里爬了出来。

旁白 neutral

There were no signs of people on the beach and no houses

沙滩上看不到人影,也没有房屋。

旁白 neutral

I could barely walk, so I lay down on the sand

我几乎走不动路了,于是就躺倒在了沙子上。

旁白 neutral

Within minutes, I fell into a deep sleep

没过几分钟,我就沉沉地睡着了。