Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E24 · Episodes

024 学习游泳

学习游泳

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 24 — 学习游泳.

84 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

March 5

三月五日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

You'll be happy to hear that I passed all my exams. Hooray!

您一定会很高兴听到,我所有的考试都通过了。万岁!

旁白 neutral

Everybody has to take gym class this semester, so I'm learning to swim

这学期每个人都必须上体育课,所以我正在学游泳。

旁白 neutral

" I hear they're teaching swimming a new way," I said to Sallie

“我听说他们用一种新方法教游泳,”我对莎莉说。

旁白 neutral

We were sitting in our study, drinking tea

我们正坐在书房里喝茶。

旁白 neutral

" But before I can go to class, I need a bathing suit

“但在我去上课之前,我需要一件泳衣。

旁白 neutral

Where will I find one this time of year?"

这个时节,我上哪儿才能找到一件呢?”

旁白 neutral

Sallie stood up and went into her room

莎莉站起身来,走进了她的房间。

旁白 neutral

She came back holding a blue wool bathing suit

她回来时,手里拿着一件蓝色的羊毛泳衣。

旁白 neutral

" Right here! I have an extra one." She passed it to me

“就是这件!我刚好有一件多余的。”她递给我。

旁白 neutral

So with my " new " bathing suit, I started lessons the next week

于是,穿着这件“新”泳衣,我从下一周开始上课。

旁白 neutral

The pool is made of cement and marble

游泳池是用水泥和大理石建成的。

旁白 neutral

It's a gift from a former student

这是一位以前的学生赠送的礼物。

旁白 neutral

At the start of class, we all sat along the edge of the pool

上课时,我们都沿池边坐着。

旁白 neutral

" Listen to me, girls," the instructor said

“姑娘们,听我说,”教练说道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm going to explain our new swimming system

“我要讲解一下我们的新游泳教学系统。

旁白 neutral

But I need a volunteer."

但是,我需要一名志愿者。”

旁白 neutral

She looked at the line of girls, dangling their feet in the water

她看着一排女孩,她们把脚垂在水里晃荡。

旁白 neutral

No one raised a hand to volunteer

没有人举手。

旁白 neutral

" All right, you!" She pointed to me

“好了,你!”她指着我说。

旁白 neutral

I stood up, and she gave me a special belt to fasten around my waist

我站起来,她递给我一条特制的腰带,让我系在腰上。

旁白 neutral

Then she hooked a rope onto a ring at the back of the belt

然后她把一根绳子钩在了腰带后面的环上。

旁白 neutral

" As you can see, this rope is attached to a pulley up there."

“如你所见,这根绳子连在那上面的滑轮上。”

旁白 neutral

The instructor pointed to the ceiling

教练指向天花板。

旁白 neutral

" I'll hold on to the other end of the rope and keep you from sinking

“我会抓住绳子的另一端,不让你沉下去。

旁白 neutral

Get into the water, please."

请下水吧。”

旁白 neutral

So I slid into the pool

于是我滑进了泳池。

旁白 neutral

That pulley system would be wonderful if I had confidence in the instructor

要是我对教练有信心,那个滑轮系统该多好啊。

旁白 neutral

But I was afraid she wouldn't hold on tightly

可我担心她抓不紧。

旁白 neutral

I kept looking at her, and as a result, I didn't make much progress

我老是看她,结果自己没多大进步。

旁白 neutral

There's always next week!

下周还有机会!

旁白 neutral

Yours

你的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

April 24

4月24日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔:

旁白 neutral

Spring has finally arrived!

春天终于来了!

旁白 neutral

You should see how beautiful the campus is

你真该看看校园有多美。

旁白 neutral

I think you should come and see it for yourself

我觉得你应该亲自来看看。

旁白 neutral

You could also see me while you're here

你来了也能顺便看看我。

旁白 neutral

But you should tell me in advance when you're coming

可你下次来要提前告诉我。

旁白 neutral

Last Friday Jervie dropped in again, but he chose an inconvenient time

上周五杰维又顺道来看我,却挑了个不凑巧的日子。

旁白 neutral

One of the freshmen came upstairs to say we had a visitor

有个一年级的新生上来说有人来访。

旁白 neutral

Julia was at class, and Sallie was packing her suitcase

朱莉娅在上课,赛莉在收拾行李箱。

旁白 neutral

So I went downstairs and there he was, sitting on a sofa

于是我下了楼,他就在那儿,坐在沙发上。

旁白 neutral

He was holding a small bunch of flowers, which he handed to me

他手里拿着一小束鲜花,递给了我。

旁白 neutral

" These are so lovely!"

"这花真美!"

旁白 neutral

I buried my nose in the flowers and inhaled the sweet scent

我把鼻子埋进花里,闻着甜甜的香气。

旁白 neutral

Jervie laughed." Let's go walking and then we can have tea in town."

杰维笑了:"我们先散散步,然后去镇上喝下午茶吧。"

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Jervie, I can't. Sallie and I are about to leave for Princeton."

"哦,杰维,我去不了。赛莉和我正准备去普林斯顿呢。"

旁白 neutral

He looked disappointed

他看起来很失望。

旁白 neutral

" Princeton? Why are you going there?"

“普林斯顿?为什么要去那儿?”

旁白 neutral

" Sallie's brother, Jimmy, and his roommate have invited us for the weekend

“赛莉的哥哥吉米和他的室友邀请我们周末去玩。

旁白 neutral

We're going to attend a dance and a ball game."

我们要去参加一场舞会和一场球赛。”

旁白 neutral

" You're going all that way by yourselves?" Jervie frowned in a disapproving way

“你们俩就自己去那么远的地方?”杰维皱起眉头,一副不赞成的样子。

旁白 neutral

" Oh no! Sallie's mother is coming along as our chaperone."

“哦,不是的!赛莉的妈妈会陪我们一起去,当我们的监护人。”

旁白 neutral

Jervie was still frowning, but there was nothing I could do about that

杰维仍然皱着眉头,但对此我也无能为力。

旁白 neutral

" I'm really glad to see you," I said," and these flowers are lovely

“真的很高兴见到你,”我说,“这些花也很漂亮。

旁白 neutral

But I have to run or we'll miss our train

但我必须跑着走了,不然就赶不上火车了。

旁白 neutral

If you wait here, I'm sure Julia will be back from class in half an hour."

如果你在这儿等的话,我确定茱莉亚半小时后就下课回来了。”

旁白 neutral

Jervie told me to have a good time, but somehow I don't think he meant it

杰维让我玩得开心,但不知怎的,我觉得他不是真心的。

旁白 neutral

I didn't ask you if I could go because I was afraid you'd say no

我没有问你是否可以让我去,因为我怕你会拒绝。

旁白 neutral

But everything was perfectly proper

但一切都完全合乎规矩。

旁白 neutral

We got permission from the college to be away for the weekend

我们得到了学院的外出许可,可以度周末。

旁白 neutral

We had a wonderful time, but there are too many details to tell you here

我们玩得很开心,但细节太多,就不在这里说了。

旁白 neutral

You know, I do love writing to you

你知道,我真的很喜欢给你写信。

旁白 neutral

Although I must confess, you're not the only man I write to

但我必须坦白,你不是我唯一写信的男士。

旁白 neutral

There are two others!

还有另外两位!

旁白 neutral

Did you ever hear anything so shocking?

你听说过这么令人震惊的事吗?

旁白 neutral

I've been receiving lovely, long letters this winter from Jervie

这个冬天,我一直收到杰维寄来的可爱的长信。

旁白 neutral

My address is typewritten on the envelope, so Julia won't recognize his handwriting

信封上的地址是打字机打的,这样茱莉娅就认不出他的笔迹。

旁白 neutral

And every week or so, I get a letter from Jimmy at Princeton

而且大约每周,我都会收到在普林斯顿的吉米的来信。

旁白 neutral

It's usually scrawled on yellow paper

信通常潦草地写在黄纸上。

旁白 neutral

He writes my address on the envelope himself

他会自己在信封上写我的地址。

旁白 neutral

Apparently Jimmy doesn't care if Sallie knows he's writing to me

显然吉米不在意赛莉知道他给我写信。

旁白 neutral

I answer all my letters promptly whether written on fine stationery or lined paper

无论信是写在精美信纸还是横格纸上,我都会及时回复。

旁白 neutral

Speaking of letters, I should put this one in the mail before dinner

说到信,我应该在晚饭前把这封信寄出去。

旁白 neutral

Affectionately

爱你的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱迪

旁白 neutral

P. S. You'll never guess the topic of my paper for sociology class

附:你绝对猜不到我社会学课的论文题目。

旁白 neutral

It's about the care of children in orphanages

是关于孤儿院儿童照料的。

旁白 neutral

The professor wrote the topics on cards and then handed them to us at random

教授把题目写在卡片上,然后随机发给我们。

旁白 neutral

I almost laughed out loud when I saw mine

看到我的题目时,我差点笑出声。

旁白 neutral

I'm an expert on that subject!

我可是这方面的专家!