Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E20 · Episodes

020 杰维在农场

杰维在农场

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 20 — 杰维在农场.

88 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

August 25

8月25日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

Well, Jervie is here, and we're having such a nice time!

杰维来了,我们玩得很开心!

旁白 neutral

At least I am, and I hope he is too

至少我很开心,希望他也一样。

旁白 neutral

He has been here ten days and doesn't show any signs of leaving

他已经在这儿待了十天,一点要走的迹象都没有。

旁白 neutral

The way Mrs. Semple spoils him is awful!

森普尔太太宠他宠得真是厉害!

旁白 neutral

I don't understand how he turned out to be such a nice person

我真不明白他怎么会长成这么好的人。

旁白 neutral

He and I eat at a little table set on the side porch, or sometimes under the trees

我和他在侧廊摆的一张小桌子上吃饭,有时也在树下。

旁白 neutral

He just picks the spot where he wants to eat, and the maid brings out the table and dishes

他只要选好想吃饭的地方,女仆就会把桌子和餐具端出来。

旁白 neutral

If she has to carry the food very far, he leaves her a dollar under the sugar bowl

如果她要端着食物走很远,他就会在糖碗下给她留一美元。

旁白 neutral

Jervie doesn't seem like a Pendleton at all

杰维看起来一点也不像彭德尔顿家的人。

旁白 neutral

He's so simple and sweet

他那么纯朴可爱。

旁白 neutral

I know that seems like a funny way to describe a man, but it's true

我知道这样形容一个男人有点怪,但这是真的。

旁白 neutral

Unlike Julia, he doesn't care if people belong to the right sort of family

他不像朱莉娅,不在乎别人是不是出身名门。

旁白 neutral

He's extremely nice to the farmers around here

他对这里的农场主们特别好。

旁白 neutral

They were suspicious of him at first, but now they like to talk to him

起初他们对他有戒心,但现在他们喜欢和他聊天。

旁白 neutral

It seems they didn't like his clothes very much!

看来他们不太喜欢他的衣服!

旁白 neutral

I must say, his clothes are rather amazing

我得说,他的衣服挺惊人的。

旁白 neutral

He often wears white flannel trousers

他经常穿白色法兰绒裤子。

旁白 neutral

Just like a proper gentleman!

就像个真正的绅士!

旁白 neutral

The other day we were going riding, and he came downstairs in fancy riding pants

有一天我们要去骑马,他穿着花哨的骑马裤走下楼来。

旁白 neutral

" Oh my!" Mrs. Semple walked around him and admired his clothes from every angle

“哎呀!”森普尔太太绕着他转,从各个角度打量他的新衣服。

旁白 neutral

" Be careful where you sit

“小心点坐,

旁白 neutral

You don't want to get those new clothes dirty."

可别把新衣服弄脏了。”

旁白 neutral

Jervie rolled his eyes

杰维翻了个白眼。

旁白 neutral

" Run along and do your work, Mrs. Semple

“去忙你的吧,森普尔太太。

旁白 neutral

You can't tell me what to do anymore. I've grown up."

你现在可不能指挥我了。我已经长大了。”

旁白 neutral

" Why, Jervie Pendleton, you can't talk to me like that!"

“哎呀,杰维·彭德尔顿,你不能这样对我说话!”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Semple pretended to be annoyed, but I could tell she was proud of him

森普尔太太假装生气,但我看得出她为他感到自豪。

旁白 neutral

" I remember when I used to wash your face while you sat on my lap."

“我还记得你以前坐在我腿上,我帮你洗脸呢。”

旁白 neutral

I burst out laughing

我忍不住大笑起来。

旁白 neutral

I couldn't help myself!

我实在忍不住!

旁白 neutral

" Why are you laughing?" they both said at once

“你笑什么?”他们俩异口同声地问。

旁白 neutral

" He's so tall that it's hard to imagine him sitting on your lap!" I replied

“他个子那么高,真难想象他坐在你腿上!”我回答。

旁白 neutral

And he is tall, Daddy Longlegs

而且他确实高,长腿叔叔。

旁白 neutral

Almost as tall as you

差不多跟你一样高。

旁白 neutral

" Well, he did," Mrs. Semple said

“嗯,他确实坐过。”森普尔太太说。

旁白 neutral

" And you should have seen Mrs. Semple back then," Jervie said

“你该看看那时候的森普尔太太,”杰维说。

旁白 neutral

" She could run faster than I could!"

“她跑得比我还要快!”

旁白 neutral

" So if he escaped from my lap, I could catch him!

“所以要是他从我腿上溜下去,我也能抓住他!

旁白 neutral

Now run along, you two, I have work to do."

快去吧,你们两个,我还有工作要做。

旁白 neutral

We've been having so many adventures

我们经历了好多冒险。

旁白 neutral

We've explored the country for miles, and Jervie has even taught me how to fish

我们探索了方圆数英里的乡村,杰维甚至教会了我钓鱼。

旁白 neutral

August 28

8月28日

旁白 neutral

We climbed Sky Hill yesterday afternoon

昨天下午我们爬了天际山。

旁白 neutral

That's a mountain near the farm

那是农场附近的一座山。

旁白 neutral

There's no snow on the top

山顶上没有雪。

旁白 neutral

It's not that high, but you're still pretty breathless when you reach the top

它并没有那么高,但爬到山顶时还是会气喘吁吁。

旁白 neutral

" Let's stay and watch the sunset," Jervie said

“我们留下来看日落吧,”杰维说。

旁白 neutral

" We'll build a fire and cook our supper."

“我们生堆火,做晚饭。”

旁白 neutral

" I'd like to see the sun go down," I said

“我想看太阳落山,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" But I've never cooked outside before, never mind built a fire."

“但我以前从没在户外做过饭,更别说生火了。”

旁白 neutral

" Don't worry about a thing

“什么都别担心。

旁白 neutral

I'll do the cooking

我来做饭。

旁白 neutral

I'm used to camping."

我习惯露营了。”

旁白 neutral

So we had a delicious supper and watched the sunset

于是我们吃了一顿美味的晚餐,还看了日落。

旁白 neutral

We came back down the mountain by moonlight

我们借着月光下了山。

旁白 neutral

Fortunately, Jervie had a lantern, so we could find our way down the trail

幸好杰维带了盏提灯,我们才能顺着小路找到下山的路。

旁白 neutral

It was so much fun!

真是太好玩了!

旁白 neutral

He laughed and joked and talked about such interesting things

他又说又笑,讲了好多有趣的事。

旁白 neutral

He has read all the books I've read, plus so many more

我读过的书他全都读过,而且还读过更多。

旁白 neutral

It's amazing how many different things he knows

他知道的事情多得惊人。

旁白 neutral

September 3

9月3日

旁白 neutral

I still haven't finished this letter!

这封信我到现在还没写完!

旁白 neutral

Let me tell you what happened on Sunday morning

让我告诉你星期天早上发生了什么。

旁白 neutral

" We must leave here by ten to get to church on time," Mrs. Semple said to Jervie

“我们必须在十点前出发,才能准时赶到教堂,”森普尔太太对杰维说。

旁白 neutral

" Very well, Mrs. Semple, you get the buggy ready," he replied

“很好,森普尔太太,你去准备马车吧,”他回答。

旁白 neutral

" But if I'm not dressed, go without me."

“不过,如果我还没穿戴好,你们就先走,别等我。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, we'll wait," she said firmly

“哦,我们会等你的,”她坚定地说。

旁白 neutral

" As you wish," he said

“随你吧,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" But don't keep the horses standing too long."

“但是别让马站得太久。”

旁白 neutral

Then when she was dressing for church, he told me to change into my regular clothes

然后,趁她去换教堂礼拜的衣服时,他让我换上日常的衣服。

旁白 neutral

We slipped out the back door and went fishing!

我们从后门溜出去钓鱼了!

旁白 neutral

Did you ever hear anything so funny?

你听过这么有趣的事吗?

旁白 neutral

We cooked our fish over a campfire for lunch

我们中午在篝火上烤鱼吃。

旁白 neutral

We didn't get home until four and then we went driving at five

我们直到四点才回家,接着五点又驾车出游了。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Semple was disappointed that we didn't go to church

我们没去教堂,森普尔太太很失望。

旁白 neutral

She blamed herself for not training Jervie better when he was young

她责怪自己,说在杰维小时候没把他管教好。

旁白 neutral

But we think she was upset about something else — she wanted to show him off to her friends at church!

但我们觉得她不高兴是为了别的事——她本来想在教堂向她的朋友们炫耀他呢!

旁白 neutral

September 8

9月8日

旁白 neutral

I'm sure you must move in the same social circles as Jervis Pendleton

我肯定你一定和杰维斯·彭德尔顿在同一个社交圈里。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to ask him if he knew you

我本想问他认不认识你。

旁白 neutral

But I couldn't because I don't know your real name

但我没法问,因为我不知道你的真名。

旁白 neutral

You're Mr. Smith to me

对我来说,你就是史密斯先生。

旁白 neutral

Isn't that silly?

是不是很傻?

旁白 neutral

I've been writing this letter for two weeks, so it's time I finally mailed it!

这封信我已经写了两个星期了,终于该把它寄出去了!

旁白 neutral

Affectionately

挚爱你的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱蒂