E19 · Episodes
019 为访客做准备
为访客做准备
Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 19 — 为访客做准备.
92 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
August 3
8月3日
旁白 neutral
Dear Daddy Longlegs
亲爱的长腿叔叔,
旁白 neutral
Almost two months have passed since I last wrote to you
距离我上次给你写信已经快两个月了。
旁白 neutral
That wasn't nice of me, but I haven't liked you very much this summer
我这样做不好,但这个夏天我不太喜欢你。
旁白 neutral
( I'm just being honest!)
(我只是实话实说!)
旁白 neutral
I was so disappointed about not going to the McBrides' summerhouse
没能去麦克布赖德家的避暑别墅,我非常失望。
旁白 neutral
I don't understand why you wouldn't let me go
我不明白你为什么不允许我去。
旁白 neutral
Here's how I wish our conversation had gone:
我希望我们的对话是这样的:
旁白 neutral
" Please, sir, may I go to Sallie's house for the summer?
“先生,请问我可以去萨莉家过暑假吗?
旁白 neutral
It will be the best summer of my life."
这将是我一生中最棒的夏天。”
旁白 neutral
" Of course, my dear. Go have a good time
“当然可以,亲爱的。去好好玩吧。
旁白 neutral
Meet lots of new people and learn lots of new things
多认识些新朋友,多学些新东西。
旁白 neutral
Live outside in the fresh air
在户外新鲜空气里生活。
旁白 neutral
Rest and grow strong, so you'll be ready for another year of hard work."
好好休息,变得强壮,这样你就能为又一年的辛苦工作做好准备。”
旁白 neutral
But we didn't have a conversation
但我们并没有这样对话过。
旁白 neutral
You didn't even write me a letter
你甚至都没有给我写过一封信。
旁白 neutral
I only received a line from your secretary, ordering me to Lock Willow Farm
我只收到你秘书的一句话,命令我去洛克柳农场。
旁白 neutral
I hate how impersonal your commands are
我讨厌你的命令如此冰冷、不近人情。
旁白 neutral
That's what hurts my feelings
这才是让我伤心的地方。
旁白 neutral
I'd like to receive a handwritten message from you
我希望能收到你亲笔写来的信。
旁白 neutral
But instead I get those cold typewritten notes from your secretary
可事实上我收到的,却是你秘书那些冷冰冰的打印信件。
旁白 neutral
If you ever acted like you cared, I'd do anything for you
哪怕你只是表现出一丁点关心,我都愿意为你赴汤蹈火。
旁白 neutral
I know we had a deal
我知道我们有过约定。
旁白 neutral
You promised to pay for my education
你答应资助我的学业。
旁白 neutral
In return, I was to write nice long letters without expecting any response from you
作为回报,我要写长长的、像样的信,却不能期待你的任何回音。
旁白 neutral
You're keeping your promise
你一直信守着你的承诺。
旁白 neutral
And I suppose you think I'm not keeping mine
我猜,你一定觉得我没有信守我这份。
旁白 neutral
But it's a hard bargain, Daddy Longlegs. It really is
可是,这条件太苛刻了,长腿叔叔。真的太苛刻了。
旁白 neutral
I'm so lonely
我好孤单。
旁白 neutral
When I was sick last year, you sent me a handwritten note
去年我生病的时候,你寄来过一张手写的便条。
旁白 neutral
Now, when I'm feeling forgotten, I often reread your card
现在,每当我感到被遗忘时,我就会重读你的卡片。
旁白 neutral
You're the only person I have to care about
你是我唯一在乎的人。
旁白 neutral
And I really don't know anything about you
而我对你实在一无所知。
旁白 neutral
Here's what I truly want to say:
我真正想说的是:
旁白 neutral
Although my feelings are still hurt, I've decided to forgive you for sending me to the farm
虽然我的感情依然受伤,但我决定原谅你把我送去农场。
旁白 neutral
But I still don't enjoy getting Sallie's letters about the fun they're having!
但我可一点儿也不喜欢收到莎莉讲他们玩得多开心的信!
旁白 neutral
So let's begin again
那我们就重新开始吧。
旁白 neutral
I've been writing and writing this summer
这个夏天我一直在不停地写啊写。
旁白 neutral
I've finished four short stories and sent them to four different magazines
我完成了四篇短篇小说,并把它们寄给了四家不同的杂志社。
旁白 neutral
I have a desk in the corner of the attic where Jervie used to play on rainy days
我在阁楼的角落里放了张书桌,那里是杰维过去下雨天时常玩耍的地方。
旁白 neutral
Speaking of rain... it rained here for a week
说到下雨……这里下了一整周的雨。
旁白 neutral
But now the air is fresh and the sun is shining
但现在空气清新,阳光明媚。
旁白 neutral
If you're stuck in that hot, crowded New York City, I'd like to send you this bright, lovely day
如果你被困在炎热拥挤的纽约市,我真想把这个明媚可爱的日子寄给你。
旁白 neutral
Good afternoon
下午好,
旁白 neutral
Judy
朱迪
旁白 neutral
August 10
8月10日
旁白 neutral
Dear Daddy Longlegs
亲爱的长腿叔叔,
旁白 neutral
You'll never guess who's coming to Lock Willow!
你绝对猜不到谁要来洛克威洛!
旁白 neutral
Jervis Pendleton!
杰维斯·彭德尔顿!
旁白 neutral
The mail is delivered once a day around noon
邮件每天中午前后各送一次。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Semple opened his letter right after lunch today
塞普尔太太今天午饭后一打开了他的信。
旁白 neutral
We were still sitting at the table
我们还坐在桌旁呢。
旁白 neutral
" Oh my! Jervie wants to visit us!" she exclaimed
“哎呀!杰维想来看我们!”她叫道。
旁白 neutral
" He hasn't been here for years."
“他都好多年没来了。”
旁白 neutral
" So why is he coming now?" I asked
“那他怎么现在要来?”我问道。
旁白 neutral
" He says he's tired and needs a break
“他说他累了,需要休息一下。
旁白 neutral
He wants to rest on a nice, quiet farm."
他想在一个舒适、安静的农场歇歇。”
旁白 neutral
" How long is he staying?"
“他要待多久?”
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Semple read the letter again
塞普尔太太又读了一遍信。
旁白 neutral
" He doesn't say
“他没说。
旁白 neutral
Maybe he'll stay for a week or maybe two or three
他也许会待一个星期,或者两三个星期。
旁白 neutral
He'll see how he feels when he gets here
他要等到了这里,看看感觉怎么样再决定。
旁白 neutral
But, oh my! We have so much cleaning to do before he arrives!"
但是,哎呀!在他来之前,我们有好多清洁工作要做!
旁白 neutral
I glanced around the dining room and didn't see a speck of dirt
我扫视了一下餐厅,一点灰尘也没看到。
旁白 neutral
" What is there to clean?"
“有什么可打扫的呢?”
旁白 neutral
" The whole house!
“整栋房子!
旁白 neutral
We must clean it from top to bottom and wash all the curtains
我们必须从上到下彻底打扫,还要洗所有的窗帘。
旁白 neutral
I hope our neighbor is available
我希望我们的邻居有空。
旁白 neutral
I want to hire her to wash the windows
我想雇她来擦窗户。
旁白 neutral
And you must go into town for me this afternoon, Judy
你今天下午得替我去趟镇上,茱蒂。
旁白 neutral
We'll need two cans of brown paint for the stairs and back hall floor."
“我们需要两罐棕色油漆,用来刷楼梯和后厅地板。”
旁白 neutral
I couldn't believe the change that had come over Mrs. Semple
我简直不敢相信塞普尔太太的变化这么大。
旁白 neutral
She seemed almost frantic as she started a list for me
她开始给我列清单时,简直像抓狂了一样。
旁白 neutral
" How long do we have to do all this?" I asked
“我们得用多长时间做完这些?”我问。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Semple looked at the letter again and shook her head
塞普尔太太又看了看信,摇了摇头。
旁白 neutral
" I have no idea
“我也不知道。
旁白 neutral
He doesn't say if he's arriving today — or in two weeks."
他没说是今天到——还是两周后。”
旁白 neutral
August 11
8月11日
旁白 neutral
I didn't get this letter mailed because I was so busy helping Mrs. Semple
我一直忙着帮塞普尔太太,所以没能把这封信寄出去。
旁白 neutral
There was no sign of Jervie yesterday
昨天也没见到杰维斯的影子。
旁白 neutral
The house is now immaculate
现在房子已经一尘不染了。
旁白 neutral
I hope he arrives soon
我希望他快点来。
旁白 neutral
Otherwise we'll have to clean all over again
不然我们又得重新打扫一遍。
旁白 neutral
I'm looking forward to having someone to talk to besides Mrs. Semple
我盼着除了塞普尔太太,还能有别人可以聊聊天。
旁白 neutral
She's nice, but she can be rather boring
她人很好,但有时也挺无聊的。
旁白 neutral
All she ever talks about is what happens right here on the farm
她翻来覆去讲的,全是这农场里的事儿。
旁白 neutral
I suppose I was like that at the orphanage
我想我在孤儿院时,大概也是那样。
旁白 neutral
But at college I got used to having real conversations about a variety of things
但上了大学,我习惯了真正地聊些五花八门的事情。
旁白 neutral
So I'll be glad to see Jervie
所以,我会很乐意见到杰维斯。
旁白 neutral
I'll tell you all about his visit in my next letter
下一封信里,我会把他的到访情况都告诉你。
旁白 neutral
Yours always
永远属于你的,
旁白 neutral
Judy
朱迪