Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E35 · Episodes

035 我的最后家园

我的最后家园

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 35 — 我的最后家园.

63 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

A few miles down the road, Willie and his grandfather brought me to a halt in front of a pretty cottage

沿着路走了几英里,威利和他的祖父让我停在一座漂亮的小屋前。

旁白 neutral

The farmer went to the door while Willie stayed with me

农夫走向门口,威利则陪着我。

旁白 neutral

Three ladies came out of the house

三位女士从屋里走了出来。

旁白 neutral

One was tall and pale and wrapped in a shawl

一位身材高挑、面色苍白,裹着披肩。

旁白 neutral

She was leaning on the arm of a younger lady with dark eyes and a cheerful face

她挽着一位年轻女士的手臂,那位女士黑眼睛,面容愉快。

旁白 neutral

The third lady was tall with a kind smile

第三位女士个子高高的,面带和蔼的笑容。

旁白 neutral

They all came over to see me

她们都过来看我。

旁白 neutral

The cheerful younger lady, whose name was Miss Ellen, seemed to take to me right away

那位愉快的年轻女士叫艾伦小姐,似乎一下子就喜欢上了我。

旁白 neutral

" He has a good face," she said, giving me a pat." I like him already!"

“他长得一副好面相,”她说着,拍了拍我,“我已经喜欢上他了!”

旁白 neutral

The tall, pale lady, Miss Lavinia, glanced at my knees

高个子、面色苍白的拉维尼亚小姐瞥了一眼我的膝盖。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know," she said

“我不知道,” 她说。

旁白 neutral

" I'd always be nervous riding behind a horse that's fallen down before."

“骑在一匹曾经摔倒过的马后面,我总会感到紧张。”

旁白 neutral

" Many fine horses have scars on their knees, thanks to careless drivers," the farmer said

“许多好马膝盖上都有伤疤,这都怪粗心的车夫,” 农夫说。

旁白 neutral

" I suspect that's what happened to this horse

“我怀疑这匹马就是这样。

旁白 neutral

But I don't blame you for being cautious

但我不怪你谨慎。

旁白 neutral

If you like, you can take him on trial for a while and see what your coachman thinks of him."

如果你愿意,可以先试用他一段时间,看看你的车夫觉得他怎么样。”

旁白 neutral

The tall lady, Miss Blomefield, nodded

那位高个子女士,布洛姆菲尔德小姐,点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" You've never steered us wrong on a horse yet," she told the farmer

“你在马的事情上从来没让我们上过当,” 她对农夫说。

旁白 neutral

" If my sisters agree, we'll gladly give him a try."

“如果我的姐妹们同意,我们很乐意试试他。”

旁白 neutral

The next day a handsome young man arrived to pick me up

第二天,一位英俊的年轻人来接我。

旁白 neutral

At first he looked pleased. Then he saw my knees and his expression changed

起初他看起来很高兴。然后他看到了我的膝盖,表情就变了。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't think you'd recommend a blemished horse to the ladies, sir," he told the farmer

“先生,我没想到你会向女士们推荐一匹有瑕疵的马,”他对农夫说。

旁白 neutral

" I know you're a good judge of horses, young man," the farmer replied

“我知道你很会相马,年轻人,”农夫回答说。

旁白 neutral

" Just give him a fair trial

“就给他一次公平的试骑吧。

旁白 neutral

I think you'll see that he's the safest horse you could want for your ladies."

我想你会发现,他是你能为你的女士们找到的最稳当的马了。”

旁白 neutral

The young man agreed and led me back to the ladies' home

年轻人同意了,牵着我回到女士们的家。

旁白 neutral

I was put into a comfortable stall. The young man fed me and left me to rest

我被安置在一个舒适的马厩里。年轻人喂了我,就让我休息了。

旁白 neutral

The next day, after I'd finished my breakfast, he took me out of my stall and started to groom me

第二天,我吃完早餐后,他把我从马厩里牵出来,开始给我刷毛。

旁白 neutral

He pushed aside my forelock to brush my face, and then stopped

他拨开我前额的鬃毛要刷我的脸,然后停住了。

旁白 neutral

" That looks just like the star Black Beauty had," he murmured

“这看起来就像黑骏马额头上的那块星斑啊,”他喃喃自语道。

旁白 neutral

" This horse is about the same height too. I wonder where old Beauty is now."

“这匹马差不多也是这个高度。不知道老黑骏马现在在哪儿。”

旁白 neutral

He continued with his grooming

他继续梳理着我的毛发。

旁白 neutral

Soon he came to the little knot I'd had in my neck for years

很快,他摸到了我脖子上那个多年的小结块。

旁白 neutral

The groom looked startled

这个马夫看起来吃了一惊。

旁白 neutral

He began to look me over carefully, talking to himself all the while

他开始仔细地打量我,一边不停地自言自语。

旁白 neutral

" White star, one white foot, this little knot just in that spot..

“白色的星斑,一只白蹄,这个小结块正好在那个位置……

旁白 neutral

I can't believe it, here's the little patch of white hair on his back too!

真不敢相信,它背上也有一小撮白毛!

旁白 neutral

Oh Beauty, it is you! Black Beauty, do you remember me?

哦,骏马,真的是你!黑骏马,你还记得我吗?

旁白 neutral

It's Joe, Little Joe Green!"

我是乔,小乔·格林!”

旁白 neutral

He began patting me all over, laughing with delight

他开始高兴地笑着,拍遍了我的全身。

旁白 neutral

I can't say I would have recognized him, all grown up as he was

说实话,看到他长得这么高大,我差点没认出来。

旁白 neutral

I put my nose up to him to show him that I knew we were friends

我把鼻子凑近他,让他知道,我认出了我们是老朋友。

旁白 neutral

" Give you a fair trial!" Little Joe exclaimed with a laugh

“给你一个公平的试用机会!”小乔大笑着说道。

旁白 neutral

" I should think so! I wonder who ruined your knees, my old Beauty

“那当然了!我真想知道是谁弄伤了你的膝盖,我的老‘美颜’。

旁白 neutral

You must have had some hard times somewhere along the way

这一路走来,你一定吃了不少苦头。

旁白 neutral

But you'll have only the best from now on if I have anything to do with it!

但只要我能做主,从今往后,你一定能过上最好的日子!

旁白 neutral

I only wish John Manly were here to see you."

我真希望约翰·曼利也能在这儿看看你。”

旁白 neutral

That afternoon Little Joe harnessed me and brought me to the house

那天下午,小乔给我套上挽具,把我带到了主屋前。

旁白 neutral

Miss Ellen came out to try me, with Little Joe riding along

艾伦小姐出来试骑,小乔则坐在车上陪着。

旁白 neutral

She was a good driver and seemed pleased with my paces

她驾车技术很好,而且似乎对我的步态很满意。

旁白 neutral

Little Joe told her that he was sure I was Squire Gordon's old Black Beauty

小乔告诉她,他确信我就是戈登乡绅当年的那匹“黑骏马”。

旁白 neutral

When we returned, Miss Ellen told her sisters all about it

我们回来后,艾伦小姐把这一切都告诉了她的姐妹们。

旁白 neutral

" I'll write to Mrs. Gordon right away and let her know her favorite horse has come to us," she said

她说:“我这就给戈登太太写信,让她知道,她最心爱的马到我们这儿来了。”

旁白 neutral

" She'll be so happy to hear it!"

“她知道了一定会非常高兴的!”

旁白 neutral

The sisters drove me every day for the next week

接下来的一周,姐妹们每天都驾着我出门。

旁白 neutral

Even Miss Lavinia finally found the courage to ride along with the others

就连拉维尼娅小姐,也终于鼓起勇气,和别人一起坐车了。

旁白 neutral

They decided to keep me and call me by my old name of Black Beauty

她们决定留下我,还用我的老名字“黑骏马”来称呼我。

旁白 neutral

That was a year ago, and I'm still with them and as happy as I've ever been

那已经是一年前的事了。直到现在,我还和她们在一起,过着从未有过的幸福生活。

旁白 neutral

Little Joe and the ladies treat me kindly

小乔和几位女士都对我很好。

旁白 neutral

My work is easy and pleasant, and my strength and spirits are back

我的活儿既轻松又愉快,我的力气和精神也都恢复了。

旁白 neutral

Willie and his grandfather come to visit often, and the ladies have promised never to sell me

威利和他祖父经常来看望我,而且女士们已经承诺,永远不会卖掉我。

旁白 neutral

And so this is where my story ends. My troubles are all over, and I am at home

于是,我的故事就在这里结束。我所有的苦难都过去了,我终于回到了家。

旁白 neutral

Often, before I am quite awake, I imagine that I am still in the orchard at Birtwick Park, standing with my old friends under the apple trees

常常,在我还未完全清醒之际,我还以为自己仍在伯特威克庄园的果园里,和我的老朋友们一起站在苹果树下。