Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E34 · Episodes

034 农民的孙子

农民的孙子

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 34 — 农民的孙子.

67 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The last time I'd been at a horse sale, I'd stood out front with the strong, useful horses

上一次我在马匹拍卖会上时,还站在前面,和那些强壮、有用的马在一起。

旁白 neutral

This time I found myself in the back among the old, broken-down, used-up creatures

这一次,我发现自己被放在了后面,混在一群老弱病残、精疲力竭的马中间。

旁白 neutral

The people who came to look at us weren't much better

来看我们的人也强不到哪儿去。

旁白 neutral

They were mostly poor and hopeless-looking themselves

他们大多自己也看起来穷困潦倒,毫无希望。

旁白 neutral

Sometimes a shopper from the nicer part of the sale would wander past

偶尔,从拍卖会好一些的区域过来的买家会闲逛经过。

旁白 neutral

One of these was a gentleman farmer with a kind, ruddy face. A boy was with him

其中有位绅士模样的农场主,面容和善,脸色红润,身边还带着一个男孩。

旁白 neutral

The gentleman saw me and stopped. I pricked my ears and looked at him

那位绅士看到了我,停下了脚步。我竖起耳朵,望向了他。

旁白 neutral

" Look, Willie," the man said to the boy

“看,威利,” 那人对男孩说。

旁白 neutral

" Now there's a horse that's known better days."

“这匹马可曾经过过好日子的。”

旁白 neutral

" Do you think he was ever a carriage horse, Grandpa?" the boy asked

“爷爷,你觉得它以前拉过马车吗?” 男孩问道。

旁白 neutral

" I wouldn't be surprised," his grandfather replied

“一点儿也不奇怪,”爷爷回答说。

旁白 neutral

" He might have been anything when he was young

“它年轻的时候可能是一匹很了不起的马。

旁白 neutral

If you look beyond his poor condition, you can still see his fine breeding."

别看它现在样子差,你还能看出它的优良血统。”

旁白 neutral

He gave me a pat on the neck

他拍了拍我的脖子。

旁白 neutral

I stretched my nose toward him in response, and the boy stroked my face

我伸过鼻子回应他,小男孩摸了摸我的脸。

旁白 neutral

" Look how sweet he is!" the boy said

“看它多温顺啊!”男孩说。

旁白 neutral

" Can't you buy him and make him young again, like you did with Ladybird?"

“你不能像对瓢虫那样把它买下来,让它重新变年轻吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I can't make all old horses young, Willie," the farmer said

“我可不能把所有的老马都变年轻,威利,”农夫说。

旁白 neutral

" Besides, Ladybird wasn't that old. She was just run-down and treated badly."

“再说,瓢虫年纪也不算太大,它只是操劳过度,没得到好的照料。”

旁白 neutral

" How do you know this one's any older, Grandpa?" Willie replied

“爷爷,你怎么知道这匹马就更老呢?”威利回答说。

旁白 neutral

" He still has a nice-looking mane and tail, and his eyes aren't sunken in like some old horses

"它的鬃毛和尾巴仍然很好看,眼睛也不像有些老马那样凹陷。

旁白 neutral

At least check his teeth to see his age."

至少看看它的牙齿来判断年龄。"

旁白 neutral

The farmer laughed." You're as horsey as your old grandfather," he teased

农夫笑了。"你和你老爷爷一样喜欢马,"他逗趣地说。

旁白 neutral

The man from Skinner's stable had been listening to all this

斯金纳马厩的人一直在听这些对话。

旁白 neutral

" Your grandson is right, sir," he spoke up

"先生,您的孙子说得对,"他插话道。

旁白 neutral

" This horse isn't terribly old, just tired out from cab work

"这匹马不算很老,只是拉出租马车累坏了。

旁白 neutral

I heard the vet say he'd be good as new with six months' rest

我听兽医说,休息六个月它就会恢复如初。

旁白 neutral

And you won't find a better-tempered animal anywhere."

而且你再也找不到性情比它更好的马了。"

旁白 neutral

The farmer talked with him a little more, then felt my legs and looked into my mouth

农夫和他多聊了几句,然后摸了摸我的腿,看了看我的嘴巴。

旁白 neutral

" Thirteen or fourteen, I'd guess," he said." Could you trot him for us?"

"我猜十三四岁吧,"他说。"能让他为我们小跑一下吗?"

旁白 neutral

The other man jogged me in a circle

另一个人牵着我慢跑了一圈。

旁白 neutral

I arched my thin neck and stretched out my stiff legs as best I could

我尽力拱起细瘦的脖子,伸展僵硬的腿。

旁白 neutral

" What's the lowest you'll take for him?" the farmer asked

“你最低肯多少钱卖他?”农夫问道。

旁白 neutral

" Five pounds, sir. That was the lowest price my boss set."

“五英镑,先生。那是老板定的最低价了。”

旁白 neutral

" It's taking a chance," the farmer said with a sigh

“这可得冒点风险,”农夫叹了口气说。

旁白 neutral

He pulled out some money and handed it to the man

他掏出一些钱,递给了那人。

旁白 neutral

Young Willie could hardly contain his joy as they led me away

当他们牵着我离开时,小威利几乎抑制不住他的喜悦。

旁白 neutral

When they got me home, the farmer told his workers to turn me out in a grassy field to rest

他们把我带回家后,农夫吩咐雇工把我放到青草地上休息。

旁白 neutral

He also wanted me to have hay and grain every day

他还吩咐每天给我喂干草和谷物。

旁白 neutral

" He'll be your special project, my boy," he told Willie

“他就是你的特别任务了,孩子,”他对威利说。

旁白 neutral

" You're in charge of his care from now on."

“从现在起,由你来负责照顾它。”

旁白 neutral

Willie was proud of his new job and took it very seriously

威利对这份新工作感到自豪,并且非常认真地对待。

旁白 neutral

He came to see me every day, spending time with me and making sure I had enough to eat

他每天都来看我,花时间陪我,确保我有足够的食物。

旁白 neutral

His name for me was Old Crony

他给我起的名字叫老伙计。

旁白 neutral

I spent that winter with complete rest, plenty of food, kind people, and pleasant surroundings

那个冬天,我得到了彻底的休息,有充足的食物、善良的人们和宜人的环境。

旁白 neutral

By spring I was feeling almost young again!

到了春天,我感觉自己几乎又年轻了!

旁白 neutral

Finally the farmer decided it was time to try me in harness

最后,农夫决定是时候给我套上挽具试试了。

旁白 neutral

He and Willie hooked me to a small carriage and drove me a few miles

他和威利把我套在一辆小马车上,赶着我走了几英里。

旁白 neutral

By then my legs were no longer stiff, and I enjoyed the work

那时我的腿已经不僵硬了,而且我很享受这份工作。

旁白 neutral

" He's growing young, Willie," the farmer said with a smile

“它变得越来越年轻了,威利,”农夫微笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" We'll give him a little easy work to get him fit again

“我们会给它一点轻松的活儿干,让它恢复体能。

旁白 neutral

By summer he'll be as good as Ladybird

到夏天,它就会和瓢虫一样好了。

旁白 neutral

He's well-trained and has very good gaits."

它训练有素,步态也非常好。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm so glad you bought him, Grandpa!" the boy said

“爷爷,你把它买回来,我太高兴了!”男孩说。

旁白 neutral

" So am I," the farmer replied." But he has you to thank for it, my boy

“我也很高兴,”农夫答道,“不过这件事它得感谢你,我的孩子。

旁白 neutral

Now all we need is to find him a good, safe home where he'll be lightly worked and highly valued."

现在我们只需要给它找一个安全的好人家,那里活儿不会重,它也会很受珍惜。”

旁白 neutral

For a couple of months, the pair took me out with the carriage fairly often

在接下来的一两个月里,他们俩经常驾着马车带我出去。

旁白 neutral

Soon I was back in shape and pulling them happily all around the neighborhood

很快我就恢复了体型,高兴地拉着他们在附近到处跑。

旁白 neutral

One day the grooms spent extra time getting me ready

有一天,马夫们花了额外的时间来帮我准备。

旁白 neutral

They made my black coat shine, trimmed the stray hairs off my legs, and polished my hooves

他们把我的黑色毛皮刷得发亮,修剪掉我腿上杂乱的毛发,还把我的蹄子擦得锃亮。

旁白 neutral

Even the harness seemed extra clean

连挽具都显得格外干净。

旁白 neutral

When Willie arrived, he seemed happy and anxious at the same time

威利来的时候,看起来既高兴又焦急。

旁白 neutral

" Do you think they'll like him, Grandpa?" he asked the farmer

“爷爷,你觉得他们会喜欢它吗?”他问农夫。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know, my boy. All we can do is give it a try."

“我不知道,我的孩子。我们能做的也只是试一试。”

旁白 neutral

They got into the carriage and picked up the reins

他们坐上马车,拿起了缰绳。

旁白 neutral

We headed out of the farm and down the road

我们出了农场,沿着大路走去。

旁白 neutral

I wasn't sure where we were going, but I knew that something unusual was about to happen

我不确定我们要去哪里,但我知道,有不同寻常的事情要发生了。