Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E28 · Episodes

028 金妮的命运

金妮的命运

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 28 — 金妮的命运.

57 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Winter turned to spring and the weather got much better, though the life of a London cab horse is always hard

冬去春来,天气好转了许多,但伦敦拉车马的生活总是艰辛的。

旁白 neutral

Still I knew I had it better than many. I found out just how much better one day

不过我知道我比很多马都过得好。有一天我才真正明白好多少。

旁白 neutral

Jerry's cab and several others were waiting at the edge of a park

杰瑞的马车和其他几辆在公园边等着。

旁白 neutral

There was a concert in the park that day

那天公园里有音乐会。

旁白 neutral

The cabbies knew that lots of people would be looking for a ride home after the music was over

车夫们知道音乐结束后会有很多人找车回家。

旁白 neutral

While we were standing there, a shabby old cab stopped beside ours

我们站在那里时,一辆破旧的马车停在了我们旁边。

旁白 neutral

The horse pulling it was an old, worn-out chestnut mare

拉车的是一匹年迈力衰的栗色母马。

旁白 neutral

She had a dull coat, and you could count every rib on her thin sides

她的毛色暗淡,瘦削的两侧能数出每一根肋骨。

旁白 neutral

Jerry had put out some hay for me to eat while we waited

杰瑞在我们等待时拿出些干草给我吃。

旁白 neutral

The wind blew a few strands over toward the other horse, and she stretched out her long, thin neck to pick it up

风吹了几根草到那匹马那边,她伸长瘦长的脖子去捡。

旁白 neutral

Then she turned and looked around for more with her hopeless eyes

然后她转过身,用绝望的眼神四处张望,想再找些吃的。

旁白 neutral

I thought there was something familiar about her

我觉得她有些眼熟。

旁白 neutral

Before I could figure it out, she looked at me and cried," Black Beauty! Is that you?"

我还没想明白,她就看着我喊道:“黑美人!是你吗?”

旁白 neutral

It was Ginger! But it was no wonder I hadn't recognized her at first

是金格!难怪我一开始没认出她来。

旁白 neutral

She looked like a different horse

她看起来完全是另一匹马。

旁白 neutral

Her beautiful arched neck was now straight and thin

她那美丽的弓形脖颈如今又直又细。

旁白 neutral

Her long, delicate legs were swollen from hard work

她修长纤细的腿因劳累而肿胀。

旁白 neutral

And her face, which had once been so full of life and spirit, now showed only suffering

而她那曾经充满活力和精神的面孔,如今只显露出痛苦。

旁白 neutral

She coughed, and I could tell her breathing problems were worse than ever

她咳嗽了起来,我能看出她的呼吸问题比以往更严重了。

旁白 neutral

What had happened to her?

她到底经历了什么?

旁白 neutral

Our drivers were standing together a short distance away, so I moved a step or two closer so Ginger and I could talk

我们的车夫在不远处站着聊天,所以我悄悄挪近了一两步,这样我和金格就能说上话了。

旁白 neutral

" They rested me at Earlshall for a year or so," she began

"他们让我在厄尔歇尔休养了大概一年,"她开始说道。

旁白 neutral

" By then I had recovered enough to be fit for work again

"到那时候,我已经恢复得差不多,能够再次工作了。

旁白 neutral

The earl's son had lost interest in me, so I was sold to a gentleman in the area."

伯爵的儿子对我失去了兴趣,所以我就被卖给了当地的一位绅士。"

旁白 neutral

" Was he a kind master?" I asked

"他是个和善的主人吗?" 我问道。

旁白 neutral

" He was all right," Ginger replied." We got along pretty well at first

"他还行," 金格回答。"起初我们相处得还挺好的。

旁白 neutral

But one day he took me for a longer gallop than usual, and my breathing problems returned."

但是有一天,他带我跑了一次比平时更长的快步,我的呼吸问题就又犯了。"

旁白 neutral

" Oh no!" I murmured

"哦不!" 我低声说道。

旁白 neutral

" The gentleman had me rested and treated again, but then he sold me too," Ginger said

"那位绅士又让我休息和治疗,但之后他连我也给卖了。" 金格说。

旁白 neutral

She went on to describe what had happened next

她接着描述了接下来发生的事情。

旁白 neutral

She'd changed hands several times, always ending up in a worse situation than before

她几经转手,每次境况都比之前更糟。

旁白 neutral

Each owner had quickly realized she couldn't work hard without her health problems returning

每位主人都很快意识到,她一旦过度劳累,旧病就会复发。

旁白 neutral

" Finally I was sold to a man who keeps a number of cabs and horses

“最后,我被卖给了一个拥有许多马车和马匹的人。

旁白 neutral

He leases them out to drivers who can't afford their own," Ginger said

他把它们租给那些买不起自己的马车的车夫。”金格说。

旁白 neutral

" When he found out about my breathing problems, he decided to send me out with one of his cheapest cabs

“当他发现我有呼吸问题后,就决定把我派去拉他最便宜的马车。

旁白 neutral

The driver doesn't care how hard he uses me

那个车夫根本不在乎他多狠地使唤我。

旁白 neutral

All he cares about is making enough to pay his lease and have some profit left over

他只在乎赚够租金,还能剩下点利润。

旁白 neutral

So I work all the time, never even getting a day's rest."

所以我整天干活,连一天休息都没有。”

旁白 neutral

" How terrible!" I said

“太惨了!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" But you used to stand up for yourself when you were mistreated, Ginger."

“但你以前受到虐待时会反抗的,金格。”

旁白 neutral

" I know," she said with a heavy sigh." But what's the point?

“我知道,”她重重地叹了口气说,“但那有什么用呢?

旁白 neutral

If humans decide to treat us badly, they're going to do it no matter what

如果人类决定虐待我们,他们无论如何都会这么做。

旁白 neutral

All we can do is bear it as best we can until the end

我们能做的就是尽量忍受,直到最后。

旁白 neutral

I'm glad you seem to have a kind master, Beauty

真高兴你似乎有一个善良的主人,黑美人。

旁白 neutral

As for me, I look forward to the day when all this will end."

至于我,我盼望着这一切结束的那一天。”

旁白 neutral

I felt very sad, especially when I remembered what a fine horse she'd once been

我感到非常难过,尤其是想起她曾经是一匹多么好的马。

旁白 neutral

I could think of nothing to say that might make things better

我想不出任何能让事情好起来的话。

旁白 neutral

So I put my nose close to hers, trying to comfort her

于是我把鼻子凑近她的鼻子,试图安慰她。

旁白 neutral

" You're the only friend I ever had," she told me

“你是我有过的唯一的朋友,”她对我说。

旁白 neutral

Just then her driver hurried over and hopped into the cab

就在这时,她的车夫匆匆赶来,跳上了马车。

旁白 neutral

With a yank at the reins, he drove her away, leaving me feeling very troubled

他猛地一拉缰绳,驱车离开了,留下我心中非常不安。

旁白 neutral

It was only a week or so later that a cart carrying a dead horse passed by the cab stand

大约一周后,一辆拉着一匹死马的马车经过出租车站。

旁白 neutral

The horse's head hung lifelessly over the back edge

马头毫无生气地耷拉在后车沿上。

旁白 neutral

It was such a dreadful sight that I couldn't look for long

那是如此可怕的景象,我无法久看。

旁白 neutral

I saw enough, however, to know that the horse was a chestnut with a long neck and a white blaze

然而,我看清了那匹马是一匹栗色马,长脖子,额头有白斑。

旁白 neutral

I believe it was my friend Ginger lying there in that cart

我相信那就是我的朋友金格,躺在那里,在那辆车上。

旁白 neutral

I hope it was her anyway. That would mean her suffering is over at last

无论如何,我希望是她。那样就意味着,她的痛苦终于结束了。