E03 · Episodes
003 新朋友与新名字
新朋友与新名字
Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 3 — 新朋友与新名字.
74 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
One morning after breakfast, a young man came into the stable with Farmer Grey
一天早上,早餐后,一个年轻人随农场主格雷走进了马厩。
旁白 neutral
" Here he is," my master said, stopping in front of my stall
“他在这儿,”主人说着,在我马厩前停下脚步。
旁白 neutral
The stranger peered in at me." What a handsome horse
陌生人仔细打量着我。“真是一匹骏马。
旁白 neutral
I'm not surprised the squire chose him."
我一点都不奇怪乡绅会选中他。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, I'm sure he'll enjoy this horse," Farmer Grey said
“是啊,我相信他会喜欢这匹马的,”农场主格雷说。
旁白 neutral
" I will certainly miss him when he goes."
“他离开时,我肯定会想念他的。”
旁白 neutral
The farmer led me out and gave me a pat
农场主把我牵出来,拍了拍我。
旁白 neutral
I didn't understand what was going on, or why his eyes looked sad
我不明白发生了什么,也不懂为什么他的眼神显得悲伤。
旁白 neutral
But I put my nose into his hand to try to make him feel better
但我把鼻子贴进他的手心,想让他感觉好受些。
旁白 neutral
" Good-bye, boy," my master said." Be a good horse, and always do your best."
“再见,小伙子,”主人说,“做匹好马,永远尽力而为。”
旁白 neutral
Then he handed my lead rope to the other man
然后他把缰绳递给了另一个人。
旁白 neutral
The stranger and I walked out through the farm gates
陌生人和我一起走出了农场大门。
旁白 neutral
My mother and some of the other horses neighed to me from the pasture
我的妈妈和其他一些马从牧场上向我嘶鸣。
旁白 neutral
Soon we turned in through another gate, and I saw a fine estate
很快,我们拐进另一扇大门,我看到一座漂亮的庄园。
旁白 neutral
This was my new home, Birtwick Park
这就是我的新家,伯特维克庄园。
旁白 neutral
The man leading me was James, the head groom
牵着我的人是詹姆斯,他是马夫长。
旁白 neutral
He put me into a large, airy stall and gave me a handful of grain
他把我牵进一个宽敞通风的马厩,给了我一捧谷物。
旁白 neutral
" There you go," he said kindly." I'd better go tell the squire you're here."
“好啦,”他温和地说。“我最好去告诉乡绅你来了。”
旁白 neutral
There were four stalls in this part of the stable, and mine was the largest
马厩的这个部分有四个马栏,我的最大。
旁白 neutral
In a smaller stall stood a fat, gray pony
在一个小一些的马栏里,站着一匹胖胖的灰色小马。
旁白 neutral
He had a thick mane and tail, and a pretty head
他有着浓密的鬃毛和尾巴,还有一颗漂亮的头。
旁白 neutral
" Hello," I said." What's your name?"
“你好,”我说。“你叫什么名字?”
旁白 neutral
" I'm Merrylegs," the pony said
“我叫欢蹄,”小马说道。
旁白 neutral
" I am very handsome so the young ladies love to ride me or drive me in a cart
“我非常英俊,所以年轻女士们喜欢骑我或驾着马车带我。
旁白 neutral
Are you going to live next door to me now?"
你现在要住在我隔壁吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I think so," I answered
“我想是的,”我回答。
旁白 neutral
" I hope you're a nice horse," Merrylegs said
“我希望你是匹好马,”欢蹄说。
旁白 neutral
" I don't like living next door to anyone who bites."
“我不喜欢住在爱咬人的邻居旁边。”
旁白 neutral
He looked over at the stall on his other side
他朝另一边的隔间看去。
旁白 neutral
A chestnut mare with a long, graceful neck stood there
一匹栗色母马站在那里,脖子修长而优雅。
旁白 neutral
" So you're the one who took my stall," she snapped
“原来就是你占了我的马厩,”她厉声说道。
旁白 neutral
" How dare you put a lady out of her home!"
“你怎么敢把一位女士赶出她的家!”
旁白 neutral
" Excuse me, but I did no such thing," I said politely
“抱歉,但我绝没有做这种事,”我礼貌地说。
旁白 neutral
" The man who brought me here put me in this stall
“是带我来的人把我安置在这个马厩的。
旁白 neutral
I truly had no choice in the matter."
这事我真的没有选择的余地。”
旁白 neutral
" Don't worry about her," Merrylegs said quietly as the mare turned away
“别跟她计较,”等那匹母马转过身去,欢蹄便小声说道。
旁白 neutral
" Ginger knows it's her own fault she was moved out of that stall
“金吉儿清楚,她被挪出那个马厩是她自己的错。
旁白 neutral
She has a bad habit of biting, and the young ladies were becoming afraid to visit me."
她有个爱咬人的坏毛病,让年轻小姐们越来越不敢过来看我了。”
旁白 neutral
" They won't have to worry about me," I said
“她们不必担心我,”我说。
旁白 neutral
" The only things I bite are grass, hay, and grain. Why does Ginger bite?"
“我只会咬青草、干草和谷物。金吉儿为什么咬人呢?”
旁白 neutral
" She says no one was ever nice to her before," Merrylegs said
“她说以前从来没有人对她好过。”欢蹄说。
旁白 neutral
" John and James hope she'll be better tempered now that she's here."
“约翰和詹姆斯希望她来到这里后脾气能变好。”
旁白 neutral
The next day John Manly led me out of my stall. John was the head coachman
第二天,约翰·曼利把我牵出马厩。约翰是马车夫的头儿。
旁白 neutral
James and the other stable hands worked for him
詹姆斯和其他马夫都归他管。
旁白 neutral
John had kind eyes and a calm manner
约翰眼神和善,性情沉稳。
旁白 neutral
He groomed me from head to hoof, making my dark coat gleam
他从头到蹄将我全身刷了个遍,让我深色的毛皮闪闪发光。
旁白 neutral
He was almost finished when the squire arrived
他快要刷完的时候,乡绅来了。
旁白 neutral
" Hello, John," the squire said
“你好,约翰。”乡绅说。
旁白 neutral
" I wanted to try out my new horse this morning, but I'm too busy
“我本想今早试试我的新马,但我太忙了。
旁白 neutral
Would you ride him for me and let me know how he goes?"
你能替我骑骑他,然后告诉我他跑得怎么样吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Of course, sir," John said
“当然,先生。”约翰说。
旁白 neutral
He brought out a saddle along with a bridle
他拿出了一副马鞍和缰绳。
旁白 neutral
When he set the saddle on my back, it pinched my shoulders
当他把马鞍放到我背上时,它夹得我肩膀疼。
旁白 neutral
Luckily John immediately saw that it didn't fit
幸好约翰立刻看出它不合适。
旁白 neutral
He took it away and brought out a different one
他把它拿走,又拿出了另一副。
旁白 neutral
John was a very good rider, and I was happy to do exactly what he asked
约翰是位非常好的骑手,我很乐意完全照他的要求做。
旁白 neutral
We walked for a while, and then we trotted
我们慢步走了一会儿,然后小跑起来。
旁白 neutral
Finally he urged me into a fast gallop
最后,他催我快速飞奔起来。
旁白 neutral
We were riding back toward the stable when we passed the squire walking with his wife
我们正骑马返回马厩,路上遇到了和夫人一起散步的乡绅。
旁白 neutral
" How was your ride, John?" the squire asked
“骑得怎么样,约翰?”乡绅问道。
旁白 neutral
" Very good, sir," John answered, sounding pleased
“非常好,先生。”约翰回答,听上去很高兴。
旁白 neutral
" It's obvious the horse has been well-treated and well-trained."
“很明显,这匹马一直得到了善待和良好的训练。”
旁白 neutral
" Excellent," the squire said." I'll try him myself tomorrow."
“棒极了,”乡绅说,“我明天亲自试试他。”
旁白 neutral
The next day the squire took his turn on me
第二天,轮到乡绅骑我了。
旁白 neutral
He was a good rider too, and we had a pleasant ride
他也是位好骑手,我们骑得很愉快。
旁白 neutral
When we passed the house, his wife came out
当我们经过房子时,他的夫人走了出来。
旁白 neutral
" How do you like him?" she asked
“你觉得他怎么样?”她问道。
旁白 neutral
" I've never ridden a finer horse," the squire replied
“我从没骑过这么好的马。”乡绅回答。
旁白 neutral
" Now all this fellow needs is a name."
“现在这家伙就缺个名字了。”
旁白 neutral
" Should we call him Blackbird, like your uncle's old horse?" his wife asked
“我们该叫他‘黑鸟’吗?像你叔叔那匹老马一样?”他夫人问。
旁白 neutral
The squire shook his head." He is handsomer than Blackbird ever was."
乡绅摇了摇头。“他比黑鸟那时可英俊多了。”
旁白 neutral
" He really is a beauty," his wife agreed." We could call him Black Beauty."
“他确实是个美人,”他夫人赞同道,“我们可以叫他黑骏马。”
旁白 neutral
" Black Beauty," the squire said thoughtfully." I like it."
“黑骏马,”乡绅若有所思地说,“我喜欢这个名字。”
旁白 neutral
And so I had a new home and a new name
就这样,我有了一个新家和一个新名字。