Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E02 · Episodes

002 开始训练

开始训练

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 2 — 开始训练.

70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I was almost four years old when Farmer Grey brought another man to see me

我差不多四岁时,格雷农夫带着另一个人来看我。

旁白 neutral

It was Squire Gordon

那是戈登乡绅。

旁白 neutral

" What a fine-looking horse," the squire said, gazing at me

“多漂亮的马啊,”乡绅看着我说。

旁白 neutral

Indeed I was growing up to be very handsome

确实,我越长越英俊了。

旁白 neutral

I was jet-black except for one white hoof and a white star on my forehead

我通体乌黑,只有一只白蹄和额头上的一颗白星。

旁白 neutral

" I'll start training him soon," Farmer Grey said

“我很快会开始训练他,”格雷农夫说。

旁白 neutral

" I like to let horses grow up before I ride them

“我喜欢让马儿长大一些再骑。

旁白 neutral

Boys should not work like men."

男孩子不应该像成人一样干活。”

旁白 neutral

Squire Gordon chuckled, and then looked into my eyes

戈登乡绅轻声笑了笑,然后凝视着我的眼睛。

旁白 neutral

He gently opened my mouth to examine my teeth, and ran his hands up and down my legs

他轻轻掰开我的嘴检查牙齿,又用手上下抚摸着我的腿。

旁白 neutral

" May I see how he moves?" he asked

“我能看看它怎么走吗?”他问道。

旁白 neutral

" Of course," Farmer Grey replied

“当然可以,”格雷农夫回答。

旁白 neutral

I walked, trotted, and cantered while the two men watched

我走了起来,小跑,然后慢跑,两位男士在旁边观看。

旁白 neutral

When I finished, the squire looked pleased

我展示完后,乡绅看起来很满意。

旁白 neutral

" Please call me when he's trained," he said

“等它训练好了,请打电话给我,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" This horse is exactly what I'm looking for."

“这匹马正是我想要的。”

旁白 neutral

The next day I began my training

第二天,我开始了训练。

旁白 neutral

I already knew how to do lots of things

我已经会做很多事情了。

旁白 neutral

I could wear a halter and walk calmly beside a human

我可以戴上笼头,平静地走在人类身旁。

旁白 neutral

I could pick up my feet nicely so my hooves could be trimmed

我可以乖乖地抬起蹄子,好让人修剪马蹄。

旁白 neutral

But now I found there was much more to learn!

但现在我发现要学的东西还多着呢!

旁白 neutral

First came the bridle, which looked a little like a halter

先来的是笼头,看起来有点像缰绳。

旁白 neutral

But there was one big difference: the bit

但有一个很大的不同:衔铁。

旁白 neutral

That was a piece of metal attached to the leather straps

那是一块连在皮条上的金属。

旁白 neutral

Imagine my surprise when Farmer Grey put the bit into my mouth!

你能想象当格雷农夫把衔铁放进我嘴里时,我有多惊讶吗!

旁白 neutral

I tried to spit it right back out

我马上就想把它吐出来。

旁白 neutral

But Farmer Grey used kind words and some grain to convince me not to do so

但格雷好言相劝,还用一些谷物让我接受了它。

旁白 neutral

Still, having the bit in my mouth was a very strange feeling

不过,嘴里含着衔铁的感觉还是很奇怪。

旁白 neutral

I did not like it at all!

我一点也不喜欢!

旁白 neutral

Next Farmer Grey set a saddle gently on my back

接下来,格雷农夫轻轻地在我背上放了一个马鞍。

旁白 neutral

There was a strap that he fastened under my body to hold the saddle in place

他还在我肚子下面系了一根带子,把马鞍固定住。

旁白 neutral

I didn't mind that too much — especially when he gave me more grain

我倒不怎么介意——尤其是他还会多给我一些谷物。

旁白 neutral

After that Farmer Grey saddled and bridled me every day and led me around

从那以后,格雷农夫每天都给我备上鞍、套上笼头,牵着我到处走走。

旁白 neutral

He also gave me extra grain, along with lots of pats and kind words

他还额外给我谷物,并且不停地拍拍我,说些鼓励的话。

旁白 neutral

Before long I looked forward to my training sessions

没过多久,我就开始期待训练了。

旁白 neutral

Then one day Farmer Grey lifted himself into the saddle and sat on my back

然后有一天,格雷农夫翻身坐上了马鞍,骑在了我的背上。

旁白 neutral

It felt strange, but I could hear his voice talking to me from up there, so I wasn't afraid

感觉怪怪的,但我能听到他从上面传来的说话声,所以我并不害怕。

旁白 neutral

Soon Farmer Grey was riding me around the farm every day

很快,格雷农夫每天都骑着我在农场里转。

旁白 neutral

Then he brought out a driving harness

接着,他拿出了一副驾车用的挽具。

旁白 neutral

My mother and the other adult horses wore this harness whenever they were hooked to a cart or carriage

我妈妈和其他成年的马在被套上货车或马车时,都会佩戴这种挽具。

旁白 neutral

The harness had a stiff, heavy collar and a bridle with two squares of leather, called blinkers, attached to it

马具有一个又硬又重的轭,还有一副笼头,上面连着两块方形的皮革,叫做眼罩。

旁白 neutral

With the blinkers on, I could see straight ahead, but not to the sides

戴上眼罩后,我只能直视前方,却看不到两边。

旁白 neutral

More harness pieces crossed my body, and a stiff strap went under my tail

更多的马具部件绕过我的身体,还有一条硬邦邦的皮带勒在我的尾巴下面。

旁白 neutral

The tail strap was called a crupper, and I liked it even less than the bit

那条尾巴上的皮带叫做尾鞦,我对它的厌恶甚至超过了衔铁。

旁白 neutral

The first time Farmer Grey put the crupper on me, I felt like kicking

格雷农夫第一次给我戴上尾鞦时,我真想尥蹶子。

旁白 neutral

But my mother had taught me well, and I kept my feet on the ground

但我的母亲把我教得很好,所以我管住了自己的蹄子。

旁白 neutral

I almost forgot to mention one more part of my training

我差点忘了提我训练的另一部分。

旁白 neutral

My master sent me to a nearby farm for a couple of weeks

我的主人把我送到附近的一个农场待了几周。

旁白 neutral

I was put out in a field with some sheep and cows

我被放开到一片牧场上,和几只绵羊、几头奶牛待在一起。

旁白 neutral

There was plenty of delicious grass, so I started to eat

那里有很多美味的青草,于是我开始吃了起来。

旁白 neutral

Then I heard a roar in the distance

接着,我听到远处传来一声咆哮。

旁白 neutral

Seconds later a huge, noisy black monster rushed into view!

几秒钟后,一个巨大、吵闹的黑色怪物冲进了视野!

旁白 neutral

It terrified me so much that I galloped to the far end of the field

它把我吓坏了,我飞奔到了牧场的另一头。

旁白 neutral

To my surprise, though, the sheep and cows didn't react at all!

不过,令我惊讶的是,那些绵羊和奶牛竟然毫无反应!

旁白 neutral

I soon found out that the monster was called a train

我很快就发现,那个怪物叫做火车。

旁白 neutral

And I learned why none of the other animals seemed to notice the noise

我也明白了为什么其他动物似乎都对那噪音毫不在意。

旁白 neutral

Trains raced past that field several times every day

每天,火车都会从那片牧场旁疾驰而过好几次。

旁白 neutral

At first I ran away each time

起初,我每次都会跑开。

旁白 neutral

Then I stopped running and just lifted my head to watch

后来,我不再跑了,只是抬起头看着。

旁白 neutral

Finally I got used to the trains, just as I'd grown used to the bit, the saddle, the harness, and even the crupper

最终,我习惯了火车,就像我已经习惯了衔铁、马鞍、马具,甚至是尾鞦一样。

旁白 neutral

I returned home, and Farmer Grey started hooking me to a cart and driving me around the neighborhood

我回到了家,格雷农夫开始把我套在一辆马车上,赶着我在附近转悠。

旁白 neutral

He usually hitched my mother beside me

他通常把我母亲套在我旁边。

旁白 neutral

She was a good, calm horse who helped to teach me what to do

她是一匹优秀、沉稳的马,帮着我教我该怎么做。

旁白 neutral

" You're learning fast, my son," she told me

“你学得很快,我的孩子,”她对我说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad because the better you behave, the better humans will treat you."

“我很高兴,因为你表现得越好,人类就会对你越好。”

旁白 neutral

" What do you mean?" I asked her

“你这话是什么意思?”我问她。

旁白 neutral

" Farmer Grey always treats all the horses well."

“格雷农夫对所有的马一直都很好的啊。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," she agreed." But other humans aren't always as kind as our master."

“是的,”她同意道。“但别的人并不总是像咱们主人一样善良。”

旁白 neutral

I wasn't sure why I should worry about what other humans were like

我不太明白,为什么我要担心别人是什么样子。

旁白 neutral

But later I would find out more about that

但后来,我对这件事有了更多的了解。