Level 6 · 环游地球八十天
🎬

E17 · Episodes

017 寻船记

寻船记

Little Fox Level 6 · Around the World in 80 Days · Episode 17 — 寻船记.

79 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Detective Fix had been watching Mr. Fogg and Aouda since their arrival at the quay

自从福克先生和奥达夫人到达码头以来,侦探菲克斯就一直在观察他们。

旁白 neutral

He approached Mr. Fogg innocently and asked," Were you not, like me sir, a passenger on the Rangoon?"

他装作若无其事地走近福克先生,问道:“先生,您不是和我一样,也是仰光号的乘客吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I was," replied Mr. Fogg." But we have not been introduced."

“是的,”福克先生回答,“但我们还没有被介绍过。”

旁白 neutral

" Pardon me," said Fix." I thought I would find your servant here."

“抱歉,”菲克斯说,“我以为会在这里找到您的仆人。”

旁白 neutral

" Do you know where he is, sir?" asked Aouda anxiously

“先生,您知道他在哪里吗?”奥达焦急地问道。

旁白 neutral

" What?" responded Fix, pretending to be surprised." He is not with you?"

“什么?”菲克斯假装惊讶地回答,“他没有和你们在一起吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No," said Aouda." We have not seen him since yesterday

“没有,”奥达说,“我们从昨天起就没见过他。

旁白 neutral

Could he have boarded the Carnatic without us?"

他会不会自己登上了卡纳提克号?”

旁白 neutral

" Did you intend on sailing on the Carnatic as well?" asked Fix

“你们也打算乘坐卡纳提克号吗?”菲克斯问道。

旁白 neutral

" I am very disappointed, but I have missed it also

“我非常失望,但我也错过了它。”

旁白 neutral

Apparently there won't be another steamer for a week."

显然一周内不会有另一艘轮船。

旁白 neutral

" But there are other vessels in the harbor besides the Carnatic," replied Mr. Fogg with confidence

“但港口里除了卡纳蒂克号,还有其他船只。”福克先生自信地回答。

旁白 neutral

He held out his arm to Aouda, and they walked off. Fix grew alarmed

他向奥达伸出手臂,两人走了。菲克斯警觉起来。

旁白 neutral

He had not expected Fogg to be so determined

他没想到福克会如此坚决。

旁白 neutral

For three hours Fix watched Mr. Fogg and Aouda wander the docks looking for a ship. He began to hope again

三个小时里,菲克斯看着福克先生和奥达在码头四处寻找船只。他又开始抱有希望了。

旁白 neutral

Then a sailor approached Mr. Fogg." Is Your Honor looking for a boat?" he asked

这时,一名水手走近福克先生。“阁下在找船吗?”他问道。

旁白 neutral

" Do you have a boat ready to sail?" asked Mr. Fogg

“你有船可以立刻出发吗?”福克先生问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, your honor," replied the sailor." The best in the harbor."

“是的,阁下,”水手回答,“港口里最好的船。”

旁白 neutral

" Will you agree to take me to Yokohama?" asked Mr. Fogg

“你愿意带我去横滨吗?”福克先生问。

旁白 neutral

" Is Your Honor joking?" said the sailor." It is impossible."

“阁下在开玩笑吗?”水手说,“那是不可能的。”

旁白 neutral

" I have missed the Carnatic, and I must get to Yokohama by November 14," said Fogg

“我没赶上卡纳蒂克号,必须在11月14日之前到达横滨,”福克说。

旁白 neutral

" I offer you one-hundred pounds per day and an additional two-hundred pounds if I reach Yokohama in time."

“我每天付你一百英镑,如果能按时到达横滨,再额外给你二百英镑。”

旁白 neutral

" Are you in earnest?" asked the sailor

“你是认真的吗?”水手问。

旁白 neutral

" Very much so," said Mr. Fogg

“千真万确,”福克先生说。

旁白 neutral

The sailor walked away a little distance and gazed out to sea

水手走开几步,凝望着大海。

旁白 neutral

He was struggling between the temptation of such a large sum and the danger of traveling so far

他在巨额金钱的诱惑和远航的危险之间挣扎着。

旁白 neutral

Fix watched in suspense. Mr. Fogg turned to Aouda and asked her," You would not be afraid, would you, madam?"

菲克斯悬着心看着。福克先生转向艾娥达问道:“您不会害怕吧,夫人?”

旁白 neutral

" Not with you, Mr. Fogg," she answered

“和您在一起就不会,”她回答。

旁白 neutral

" Well, sailor?" said Mr. Fogg

“怎么样,水手?”福克先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Your Honor, I could not risk myself, my men, or my little boat on such a long voyage at this time of year

“大人,我可不能在一年中的这个时候,让我自己、我的船员,还有我这小船,去冒这样一次远航的险。”

旁白 neutral

Besides, we would not reach Yokohama in time," answered the sailor

“再说,我们也不可能准时抵达横滨,”水手回答。

旁白 neutral

Fix breathed more freely

菲克斯松了一口气。

旁白 neutral

" But," added the sailor," it might be arranged another way."

“不过,”水手补了一句,“或许有别的办法。”

旁白 neutral

Fix held his breath

菲克斯屏住了呼吸。

旁白 neutral

" How?" asked Mr. Fogg

“怎么去?”福克先生问。

旁白 neutral

" By going to Shanghai," said the sailor

“去上海就行,”水手说。

旁白 neutral

" Sir, I must take the American steamer at Yokohama, not at Shanghai," said Mr. Fogg

“先生,我必须在横滨搭乘美国邮轮,不是在上海,”福克先生说。

旁白 neutral

" It isn't necessary to go as far as Yokohama," said the sailor

“没必要走到横滨那么远,”水手说。

旁白 neutral

" The San Francisco steamer does not start from Yokohama. It begins at Shanghai."

“那艘开往旧金山的邮轮不从横滨启航,它是在上海始发的。”

旁白 neutral

" You are sure of that?" asked Mr. Fogg

“你确定吗?”福克先生问。

旁白 neutral

" Perfectly!" replied the sailor

“完全没问题!”水手回答。

旁白 neutral

" And when does the boat leave Shanghai?" asked Fogg

“那么船什么时候离开上海?”福克问。

旁白 neutral

" On November 11, at seven in the evening," said the sailor." We have four days before us."

“11月11日晚上七点,”水手说,“我们还有四天时间。”

旁白 neutral

" And when can we leave?" asked Mr. Fogg

“那我们什么时候可以出发?”福克先生问。

旁白 neutral

" In an hour," the sailor replied

“一小时后。”水手回答。

旁白 neutral

" It is a deal. Are you the master of the boat?" asked Fogg

“成交。你是这艘船的船长吗?”福克问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," replied the sailor." My name is John Bunsby, captain of the Tankadere."

“是的,”水手回答,“我叫约翰·邦斯比,坦卡代尔号的船长。”

旁白 neutral

The two men sealed their deal and Mr. Fogg gave John Bunsby a sum of money in advance

两人达成了交易,福克先生预付了约翰·邦斯比一笔钱。

旁白 neutral

" But poor Passepartout!" urged Aouda." We can't leave him behind."

“可是可怜的路路通!”奥达催促道,“我们不能丢下他。”

旁白 neutral

" I will do all I can to find him," replied Mr. Fogg

“我会尽一切可能找到他。”福克先生回答。

旁白 neutral

Before heading out in search of Passepartout, Mr. Fogg offered to let Mr. Fix join them as a passenger on the Tankadere

在出发去找路路通之前,福克先生主动邀请菲克斯先生作为乘客登上坦卡代尔号。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Fix could do nothing but accept. In a nervous state, Fix boarded the Tankadere while Mr. Fogg and Aouda went to the local police station

菲克斯先生别无选择,只能接受。他紧张不安地登上了坦卡代尔号,而此时福克先生和奥达去了当地警察局。

旁白 neutral

Phileas Fogg left Passepartout's description with the police

菲莱亚斯·福克向警方描述了路路通的特征。

旁白 neutral

He also left a sum of money to be spent in search of him

他还留下一笔钱,用于寻找路路通。

旁白 neutral

By now it was three o'clock

此时已经三点钟了。

旁白 neutral

They had stopped at the hotel, picked up their luggage, and arrived at the Tankadere just as the last of the boat's supplies were being stored

他们到旅馆取了行李,然后在船上的补给品即将装载完毕时,刚好赶到了坦卡代尔号。

旁白 neutral

The Tankadere was a little boat with two tall masts

坦卡代尔号是一艘小船,有两根高高的桅杆。

旁白 neutral

Its deck was as white as ivory, and all its brass fittings were polished to a shine

它的甲板白如象牙,所有的铜质配件都擦得闪闪发光。

旁白 neutral

The boat was as graceful as a racing yacht, and it was obvious the captain took pride in it

这艘船像赛艇一样优雅,船长显然引以为傲。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Fogg and Aouda found Fix already on board

福克先生和奥达发现菲克斯已经在船上了。

旁白 neutral

Below deck was a square cabin with cots set in the walls

甲板下面是一个方形的船舱,舱壁上固定着几张床铺。

旁白 neutral

In the center was a table with a swinging lamp above. The accommodations were small but neat

中间有一张桌子,上方悬挂着一盏摇摆的灯。住处虽小但很整洁。

旁白 neutral

" I am sorry to have nothing better to offer you," said Mr. Fogg to Fix, who bowed without responding

“很抱歉,没什么更好的招待您。”福克先生对菲克斯说。菲克斯鞠躬回礼,没有作答。

旁白 neutral

The detective felt humiliated for relying on the kindness of Mr. Fogg

这位侦探因为要仰仗福克先生的好意而感到羞辱。

旁白 neutral

" He may be a rascal," thought Fix," but he is a polite one!"

“他也许是个坏蛋,”菲克斯心想,“但他是个有礼貌的坏蛋!”

旁白 neutral

The sails were raised at ten minutes past three

三点十分,船帆扬起。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Fogg and Aouda, who were seated on the deck, cast a last glance at the quay in the hopes of seeing Passepartout

坐在甲板上的福克先生和奥达向码头投去最后一瞥,希望能看到路路通。

旁白 neutral

The Frenchman, however, did not appear

然而,那个法国人并没有出现。

旁白 neutral

You can imagine my disappointment when I found out that I had missed seeing Shanghai with Mr. Fogg and Aouda

你可以想象,当我发现自己错过了和福克先生与奥达一起游览上海时,我有多失望。

旁白 neutral

Although considering the way Mr. Fogg travels, I guess I wouldn't have seen much of it anyway. Oh, how unfortunate!

不过,考虑到福克先生的旅行方式,我猜反正也看不了太多。哦,太不走运了!

旁白 neutral

For many years Shanghai was a small Chinese port

很多年来,上海只是中国的一个小港口。

旁白 neutral

Before the nineteenth century, Asian countries had little to do with the West

十九世纪之前,亚洲国家与西方几乎没什么往来。

旁白 neutral

They preferred to trade with each other

它们更愿意彼此之间进行贸易。

旁白 neutral

But during the first part of this century, Asian countries felt more pressure to begin trading with the West

但到了本世纪初,亚洲国家被迫与西方开始贸易的压力更大了。

旁白 neutral

When countries like China and Japan refused, European and American armies sometimes attacked them!

当中国和日本等国家拒绝时,欧美军队有时会攻击它们!

旁白 neutral

As if attacking a country would make it more willing to do business with you!

仿佛攻打一个国家就能让它更愿意跟你做生意似的!

旁白 neutral

In 1839 Britain and China went to war over the opium trade, and three years later, Britain won

1839年,英国和中国因鸦片贸易而开战,三年后英国获胜。

旁白 neutral

As a result, the port of Shanghai was opened to international trade

结果,上海港被开放为国际贸易口岸。

旁白 neutral

Many foreigners settled there, mainly British, French, and American citizens

许多外国人定居在那里,主要是英国、法国和美国的公民。