Level 7 · 安妮
🎬

E16 · Episodes

016 路的转弯处

路的转弯处

Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 16 — 路的转弯处.

96 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The next morning Anne realized that Matthew was not looking well

第二天早上,安妮意识到马修看起来不太好。

旁白 neutral

After he had left, Anne said," Marilla, is Matthew well?"

他离开后,安妮说:“玛丽拉,马修还好吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No," said Marilla in a troubled tone

“不好,”玛丽拉用忧虑的语气说。

旁白 neutral

" His heart has been quite bad this spring, but he keeps working

“今年春天他的心脏一直很不好,但他还是不停地干活。

旁白 neutral

Maybe he'll rest now that you're home. You always cheer him up."

也许你回家了,他会休息一下。你总能让他开心起来。”

旁白 neutral

Anne looked at Marilla." You're not looking well yourself, Marilla

安妮看着玛丽拉。“你看起来气色也不好,玛丽拉。

旁白 neutral

You must rest, now that I'm home."

现在我回来了,你一定要休息。”

旁白 neutral

Marilla smiled affectionately at her girl." It's not the work, it's my eyes. I'm seeing an optometrist soon."

玛丽拉慈爱地对自己的女孩笑了笑。“不是工作的原因,是我的眼睛。我很快会去看验光师。”

旁白 neutral

In the evening Anne went to see Matthew in the fields

傍晚,安妮去田里找马修。

旁白 neutral

Matthew walked slowly with his head down

马修低着头慢慢地走着。

旁白 neutral

" You've been working too hard, Matthew," she said reproachfully

“你太辛苦了,马修,”她责备地说。

旁白 neutral

" I forget I'm getting older," Matthew replied

“我忘了自己正在变老,”马修回答。

旁白 neutral

" If I'd been the boy you sent for," said Anne," I could help you."

“如果我是你们当初要收养的男孩,”安妮说,“我就能帮你们了。”

旁白 neutral

" Anne, I'd rather have you than a dozen boys

“安妮,我宁愿要你,也不要一打男孩。

旁白 neutral

It wasn't a boy who got that scholarship

赢得那份奖学金的可不是男孩。

旁白 neutral

It was a girl, my girl, whom I'm proud of."

是一个女孩,我的女孩,我以她为荣。”

旁白 neutral

Later that night Anne remembered Matthew's words

那天夜里晚些时候,安妮想起了马修的话。

旁白 neutral

It was the last night before sorrow touched Anne's life, and no life is quite the same afterward

那是悲伤触及安妮生活前的最后一夜,此后,一切都不再一样了。

旁白 neutral

" Matthew, what is the matter?" It was Marilla who spoke, holding Matthew's head

“马修,你怎么了?”说话的是玛丽拉,她托着马修的头。

旁白 neutral

Anne burst through the door." He's fainted," gasped Marilla." Anne, run for Martin. Quick!"

安妮冲进门。“他晕倒了,”玛丽拉喘着气说。“安妮,快去找马丁。快!”

旁白 neutral

Martin was the hired man, and he drove to get the doctor, stopping at the Lyndes' house to tell them the news

马丁是雇工,他驾车去请医生,途中在林德家停下,把消息告诉了他们。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Lynde came as quickly as she could

林德太太以最快的速度赶来了。

旁白 neutral

She pushed Anne and Marilla gently aside and then laid her ear on Matthew's heart

她轻轻地把安妮和玛丽拉推到一边,然后把耳朵贴在马修的心口上。

旁白 neutral

She looked at their anxious faces sorrowfully

她悲伤地看着她们焦急的面孔。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Marilla," she said gravely." I don't think we can do anything for him."

“哦,玛丽拉,”她沉重地说,“我想我们帮不了他了。”

旁白 neutral

Anne spoke quietly." Mrs. Lynde, you don't think Matthew is... is..."

安妮轻声问道:“林德太太,您不会觉得马修……他……”

旁白 neutral

Anne could not say the dreadful word. She turned sick and pale

安妮说不出那个可怕的字眼。她脸色苍白,感到一阵恶心。

旁白 neutral

The doctor said Matthew's death had been painless

医生说马修走得很安详,没有痛苦。

旁白 neutral

The news spread quickly through Avonlea, and all day friends and neighbors came to pay their respects

消息很快传遍了埃文利,一整天都有朋友和邻居前来吊唁。

旁白 neutral

That night the house was quiet. Matthew's death left a horrible ache

那天晚上,屋子里一片寂静。马修的离世留下了刻骨的悲痛。

旁白 neutral

When Anne sobbed, Marilla came to comfort her

当安妮抽泣时,玛丽拉走过来安慰她。

旁白 neutral

" What will we do without him?" Anne cried

“没有他我们怎么办?”安妮哭着说。

旁白 neutral

" We've got each other, Anne," Marilla said softly." I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here — if you'd never come."

“我们还有彼此,安妮,”玛丽拉轻声说,“如果你不在这里——如果你从未来过,我真不知道该怎么办。”

旁白 neutral

Slowly life went on, and work was done as before

生活缓缓继续,活儿也一如往常地做着。

旁白 neutral

Anne, new to grief, thought this was sad — that they could go on in the old way without Matthew

初尝悲痛的安妮觉得这令人伤心——没有了马修,他们竟还能照旧过日子。

旁白 neutral

She felt almost ashamed that she could feel happy again

她几乎为自己还能感到快乐而羞愧。

旁白 neutral

She missed him so much, and yet the world still seemed beautiful

她那么想念他,然而世界看起来依然美丽。

旁白 neutral

But Mrs. Lynde assured her," Matthew would want you to be happy, Anne. He liked to hear you laugh."

但林德太太向她保证:“马修会希望你快乐,安妮。他喜欢听你笑。”

旁白 neutral

" I saw Gilbert Blythe today," Marilla said one afternoon

“我今天见到吉尔伯特·布莱斯了,”一天下午,玛丽拉说。

旁白 neutral

" What a nice-looking fellow he is," she went on." He's so tall and manly

“他真是个英俊的小伙子,”她接着说,“他那么高大,那么有男子气概。

旁白 neutral

He looks a lot like his father did at the same age

他长得很像他父亲年轻时。

旁白 neutral

We used to be very good friends. People called him my boyfriend."

我们曾经是很好的朋友。别人都说他是我的相好。”

旁白 neutral

Anne looked up with interest." Oh Marilla, what happened?"

安妮饶有兴趣地抬起头。“哦,玛丽拉,后来呢?”

旁白 neutral

" We had a fight," Marilla said." I wouldn't forgive him right away; I wanted to punish him first

“我们吵了一架,”玛丽拉说,“我不肯马上原谅他,想先罚他一下。

旁白 neutral

He never came back. The Blythes were very independent

他就再也没回来。布莱斯家的人脾气都很倔。

旁白 neutral

But I've always wished I'd forgiven him when I had the chance."

可我总后悔,当初有机会的时候,怎么就没原谅他。”

旁白 neutral

" So you've had a bit of romance in your life too," said Anne softly

“原来您这辈子,也有过一段情缘哪,”安妮轻声说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I guess. You wouldn't know from looking at me!

“是啊,算是吧。光看我这模样,你肯定想不到!

旁白 neutral

But you can never tell people from their outsides."

可人是不能貌相的。”

旁白 neutral

The next day Anne came home to find Marilla looking dejected." Are you tired, Marilla?"

第二天,安妮回到家,发现玛丽拉一脸沮丧。“您累了吗,玛丽拉?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes... no... I don't know," said Marilla wearily." It's not that."

“是……不是……我不知道,”玛丽拉疲惫地说,“不是因为那个。”

旁白 neutral

" Did you see the optometrist?" asked Anne anxiously

“你看过验光师了吗?”安妮焦急地问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I saw him," said Marilla." He said if I wear glasses and stop reading and sewing, my eyes will be all right

“是的,我看过了,”玛丽拉说,“他说如果我戴上眼镜,并且不再读书和做针线活,我的眼睛就会好。

旁白 neutral

But if I don't, I'll be blind in six months! Blind! Anne, just think of it."

但如果我不照做,六个月后我就会失明!失明啊!安妮,你想想看。”

旁白 neutral

" Things have changed so much since I came home!" Anne thought sadly

安妮伤心地想:“我回家以来,事情竟发生了这么大的变化!”

旁白 neutral

One afternoon a few days later, Marilla came in from the yard

几天后的一个下午,玛丽拉从院子里走了进来。

旁白 neutral

She had been talking to a man named Mr. Sadler

她刚才一直在和一个叫萨德勒先生的男人谈话。

旁白 neutral

There were tears in Marilla's eyes, and her voice broke as she told Anne," He heard I was going to sell Green Gables, and he wants to buy it."

玛丽拉眼里含着泪水,声音哽咽地告诉安妮:“他听说我打算卖掉绿山墙农舍,想把它买下来。”

旁白 neutral

" Buy Green Gables?" Anne burst out." Marilla, are you selling Green Gables?"

“买下绿山墙?”安妮脱口而出,“玛丽拉,你要卖掉绿山墙吗?”

旁白 neutral

" If my eyes were strong, I could stay here

“要是我的眼睛还好的话,我就能留在这里了。

旁白 neutral

But I may lose my sight, and I can't stay here alone

可我可能会失明,没法一个人住在这里。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Lynde advised me to sell and stay with her

林德太太劝我把房子卖掉,去跟她一起住。

旁白 neutral

I'm sorry you won't have a home to come to on vacation..." Marilla broke down and wept bitterly

对不起,你放假回来就没家了……”玛丽拉崩溃了,伤心地哭了起来。

旁白 neutral

" You mustn't sell Green Gables," said Anne firmly," and you won't stay here alone, Marilla. I'll be with you."

“您不能卖掉绿山墙农舍,”安妮坚定地说,“您也不会一个人孤零零地待在这里,玛丽拉。我会陪着您。”

旁白 neutral

Marilla looked at Anne," What do you mean?"

玛丽拉看着安妮,“你这话是什么意思?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm not taking the scholarship. I couldn't leave you after all you've done for me

“我不接受奖学金了。您为我做了那么多,我不能丢下您不管。

旁白 neutral

The Avonlea School is promised to Gilbert Blythe, but I can teach in Carmody. I won't leave you, Marilla."

埃文利学校的教职已经许诺给了吉尔伯特·布莱思,但我可以去卡莫迪教书。我不会离开您的,玛丽拉。”

旁白 neutral

Marilla was stunned." But I can't let you sacrifice your education for me."

玛丽拉惊呆了。“可我不能让你为了我牺牲自己的学业啊。”

旁白 neutral

" Nonsense, there is no sacrifice!" Anne laughed

“瞎说,这算什么牺牲!”安妮笑了。

旁白 neutral

" Nothing could be worse than giving up Green Gables

“没有什么比放弃绿山墙农舍更糟糕了。

旁白 neutral

I'll be a good teacher — and save your eyesight

我会当个好老师,也会保护好你的眼睛。

旁白 neutral

Besides, I'll study college courses at home."

再说了,我还可以在家里自学大学课程。”

旁白 neutral

" I feel as if you've given me a new life," Marilla said, beaming

“我觉得你好像给了我新的生命,”玛丽拉笑着说。

旁白 neutral

In Avonlea people heard that Anne had given up the idea of going to university and, not knowing about Marilla's eyes, thought she was foolish

埃文利的人们听说了安妮放弃上大学的想法,因为不知道玛丽拉眼睛的事,都觉得她太傻了。

旁白 neutral

But Mrs. Lynde told Anne," I'm glad to hear you're not going, Anne

不过,林德太太却对安妮说:“我听你不去的消息,倒是很高兴,安妮。

旁白 neutral

I don't believe in women going to university."

我本来就不赞成女孩子去上大学。”

旁白 neutral

" But I'll teach at Carmody and study Latin and Greek at home, Mrs. Lynde!" said Anne laughing

“但我还要去卡莫迪教书,在家自学拉丁语和希腊语呢,林德太太!”安妮笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" The school board gave you Avonlea School," Mrs. Lynde said

“校董会把埃文利学校给你了,”林德太太说。

旁白 neutral

Anne jumped to her feet." I thought they promised it to Gilbert Blythe!"

安妮一下子跳了起来。“我以为他们把教职许诺给吉尔伯特·布莱思了!”

旁白 neutral

" They did. But when Gilbert heard you applied, he withdrew his application and suggested you for the job

“本来是。但吉尔伯特听说你申请之后,就主动撤回了申请,还推荐你去。

旁白 neutral

He is going to teach at White Sands

他要去白沙镇教书了。

旁白 neutral

Wasn't that kind and thoughtful of him?"

他是不是很善良,很体贴?”

旁白 neutral

" Gilbert did that for me?" Anne murmured

“吉尔伯特是为了我才这样做的?”安妮喃喃地说。

旁白 neutral

At dusk Anne went to the little Avonlea graveyard and put fresh flowers on Matthew's grave

黄昏时分,安妮来到埃文利那座小小的墓地,在马修的坟前放了些鲜花。

旁白 neutral

She lingered there, liking the peace of the place

她在那里逗留了一会儿,喜欢那里的宁静。

旁白 neutral

A tall man came toward her, whistling

一个高高的男人吹着口哨朝她走来。

旁白 neutral

" Gilbert!" Anne said, her cheeks flushed." Thank you for giving up the school for me."

“吉尔伯特!”安妮说,脸都红了,“谢谢你为我放弃了学校的教职。”

旁白 neutral

Gilbert took her hand eagerly." That's all right, Anne

吉尔伯特热切地握住她的手。“没关系的,安妮。

旁白 neutral

Are we going to be friends after this? Have you really forgiven me?"

我们从今以后可以做朋友了吗?你真的原谅我了吗?”

旁白 neutral

Anne laughed." I forgave you the day you rescued me from the brook, although I didn't know it."

安妮笑了。“你把我从小溪里救上来的那天,我就原谅你了,只不过我自己当时都不知道。”

旁白 neutral

When Anne came home later, Marilla asked curiously," Who was with you, Anne?"

后来安妮回到家时,玛丽拉好奇地问:“安妮,刚才是谁跟你在一起?”

旁白 neutral

" Gilbert Blythe," answered Anne, blushing." He walked with me."

“吉尔伯特·布莱思,”安妮红着脸答道,“他陪我走回来的。”

旁白 neutral

" I didn't think you two were such good friends." Marilla smiled

“我还以为你们俩不是这么好的朋友呢。”玛丽拉笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" We've been good enemies," said Anne." But it's more sensible to be friends."

“我们曾经是很好的一对冤家,”安妮说,“不过还是做朋友更明智一些。”

旁白 neutral

Anne sat at her window that night, content

那天晚上,安妮坐在窗边,心满意足。

旁白 neutral

Green Gables was her home, and the dreams of a little redheaded orphan girl had come true

绿山墙就是她的家,那个红头发孤儿小姑娘的梦想都实现了。