E48 · Episodes
048 再次相聚
再次相聚
Little Fox Level 5 · The Willow Creek Twins · Episode 48 — 再次相聚.
75 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Joy woke up to the smell of pancakes
乔伊在煎饼的香味中醒来。
旁白 neutral
" Mom is making pancakes?" she thought
“妈妈在做煎饼?”她想。
旁白 neutral
That was unusual
这很不寻常。
旁白 neutral
Joy rushed downstairs
乔伊冲下楼。
旁白 neutral
" Grandpa!" she cried
“爷爷!”她叫了起来。
旁白 neutral
Grandpa was in front of the stove, flipping pancakes
爷爷正站在炉子前煎饼。
旁白 neutral
" Who wants pancakes?" he asked
“谁想吃煎饼?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
Joy gave her grandfather a huge hug
乔伊给了爷爷一个大大的拥抱。
旁白 neutral
" When did you get back?"
“您什么时候回来的?”
旁白 neutral
" Early this morning
“今天一大早。
旁白 neutral
Your dad and I woke up at sunrise and drove straight here," he said
“我和你爸爸天刚亮就醒了,直接开车过来的。”他说。
旁白 neutral
" I heard you were up late, finishing schoolwork."
“我听说你昨晚熬夜写作业了。”
旁白 neutral
Joy grinned." I was. But I finished my leaders project
乔伊咧嘴一笑。“是的。不过我完成了领导者项目。”
旁白 neutral
So I'm ready for pancakes and ready to play in the snow!"
所以我准备好享用煎饼,也准备好去雪地里玩了!”
旁白 neutral
Just then Katie bounced into the kitchen
就在这时,凯蒂蹦蹦跳跳地进了厨房。
旁白 neutral
At the same time, Dad came in the backdoor, carrying firewood
与此同时,爸爸抱着木柴从后门进来了。
旁白 neutral
Mom followed him
妈妈跟在他后面。
旁白 neutral
" Dad! Grandpa!" Katie cried, surprised
“爸爸!爷爷!”凯蒂惊喜地喊道。
旁白 neutral
" I can't wait to hear all about your weekend," Dad said
“我等不及想听你讲讲这个周末的经历了。”爸爸说。
旁白 neutral
He gave Katie's ponytail a playful tug
他调皮地拉了拉凯蒂的马尾辫。
旁白 neutral
" Isn't it nice that we're all home together again?" Mom said
"我们一家人又都在一起了,真好呀,"妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
Grandpa set a huge stack of pancakes on the table
爷爷把一大摞煎饼放到桌上。
旁白 neutral
" And isn't it nice that Grandpa is back to cook breakfast for us?" Katie replied. Mom laughed
"而且爷爷回来了,又能给我们做早餐了,不也很好吗?"凯蒂回答。妈妈笑了。
旁白 neutral
" So what did we miss while we were away?" Grandpa asked
"那我们不在的时候,错过了什么?"爷爷问。
旁白 neutral
He winked at Mom
他冲妈妈眨了眨眼。
旁白 neutral
" Besides cold cereal and burnt brownies?"
"除了冷麦片和烤焦的布朗尼?"
旁白 neutral
" Well, first of all, it was freezing outside," Katie began
"嗯,首先,外面冻得要命,"凯蒂先开了口。
旁白 neutral
" And we thought we had an egg and chicken thief!" Joy added
"我们还以为有个偷鸡蛋和鸡的小偷呢!"乔伊补充道。
旁白 neutral
" But really some chickens were escaping through a hole in the fence!
"但其实是一些鸡从篱笆上的一个洞逃出去了!
旁白 neutral
And they were laying eggs in your burn pile, Grandpa," Katie said
而且它们还把蛋下在了你的废料堆里,爷爷,"凯蒂说。
旁白 neutral
" Wow!" said Grandpa, surprised
“哇!”爷爷惊讶地说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm glad there wasn't a real thief!" said Dad
“我很庆幸没有真正的小偷!”爸爸说。
旁白 neutral
" Then Joy fixed the hole in the fence all by herself," Katie said with her mouth full of pancakes
“然后乔伊自己修好了栅栏上的洞,”凯蒂满嘴煎饼地说。
旁白 neutral
" Wonderful!" said Grandpa
“太棒了!”爷爷说。
旁白 neutral
" And tomorrow at school we're finally giving our reports on leaders," said Joy
“而且明天在学校,我们终于要做关于领导者的报告了,”乔伊说。
旁白 neutral
" Who did you end up choosing, Joy?" Grandpa asked
“你最后选了谁,乔伊?”爷爷问。
旁白 neutral
" Harriet Tubman," Joy said
“哈丽特·塔布曼,”乔伊说。
旁白 neutral
" She spent her whole life working for something important:
“她一生都在为一件重要的事情奋斗:
旁白 neutral
getting slaves to freedom."
让奴隶获得自由。”
旁白 neutral
" Good choice," said Dad
“选得好,”爸爸说。
旁白 neutral
" Thanks." Joy poured maple syrup on her pancakes, thinking for a minute
“谢谢。”乔伊往煎饼上倒了枫糖浆,沉思了一会儿。
旁白 neutral
Would she ever be a great leader like Harriet Tubman?
她能成为像哈丽特·塔布曼那样伟大的领导者吗?
旁白 neutral
" Dad," Joy said slowly
“爸爸,”乔伊缓缓地说。
旁白 neutral
" When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?"
“你小时候,长大想做什么?”
旁白 neutral
Dad smiled." I wanted to work in a park, taking care of trees."
爸爸笑了。“我想在公园里工作,照顾树木。”
旁白 neutral
" Now you take care of trees by helping people recycle!" Katie said
“现在你通过帮大家回收利用,也在照顾树木啊!”凯蒂说。
旁白 neutral
Dad laughed." I guess I do."
爸爸笑了起来。“我想也是。”
旁白 neutral
" What about you, Grandpa?" asked Katie
“爷爷,你呢?”凯蒂问道。
旁白 neutral
Grandpa had been a mailman in Willow Creek for thirty years
爷爷在柳溪镇当了三十年的邮递员。
旁白 neutral
" I knew I wanted to be a mailman since I was nine years old," Grandpa said
“我从九岁起就知道自己想当个邮递员。”爷爷说道。
旁白 neutral
" I loved seeing people smile when they got a special letter or package."
“我喜欢看到人们收到特别的信件或包裹时脸上的笑容。”
旁白 neutral
" I always wanted to be a librarian," Mom chimed in
“我一直想当一名图书管理员,”妈妈也加入进来说。
旁白 neutral
" What about you girls?"
“那你们俩呢?”
旁白 neutral
" I'm going to be the mayor of Willow Creek!" Katie announced
“我要当柳溪镇的镇长!”凯蒂大声宣布。
旁白 neutral
Dad laughed." That's perfect for you."
爸爸笑了。“那太适合你了。”
旁白 neutral
Joy grinned from ear to ear
乔伊笑得合不拢嘴。
旁白 neutral
" I want to be a vet," she said
“我想当兽医,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" Those are great jobs," Grandpa said
“这些都是很棒的工作,”爷爷说。
旁白 neutral
" They're about helping others, just like leaders do
“这些工作都是在帮助别人,就像领导者做的那样。
旁白 neutral
And like sisters do too."
也像姐妹会做的那样。”
旁白 neutral
The twins smiled at each other
这对孪生姐妹相视一笑。
旁白 neutral
" So, sister," Katie said
“那么,好姐姐,”凯蒂说。
旁白 neutral
" Are you done with your pancakes yet?"
“你的煎饼吃完了没?”
旁白 neutral
" Yep. I'm done," Joy told her twin
“嗯,吃完了,”乔伊告诉她的孪生妹妹。
旁白 neutral
" Time to go play in the snow!"
“该去雪地里玩啦!”
旁白 neutral
Katie was already by the door
凯蒂早已跑到门口。
旁白 neutral
" Catch!" she said, tossing Joy's boots at her
“接住!”她说着,把乔伊的靴子扔给了她。
旁白 neutral
Joy laughed as she caught the boots
乔伊笑着接住了靴子。
旁白 neutral
Sometimes she wished she had an older sister
有时候,她希望自己有个姐姐。
旁白 neutral
Other times she wished she had a younger sister
别的时候,她又希望自己有个妹妹。
旁白 neutral
But today she was glad that she and Katie were twins
但今天,她很庆幸自己和凯蒂是孪生姐妹。
旁白 neutral
" Isn't it fun being a twin sister?" Joy asked
“当孪生姐妹是不是很有趣?”乔伊问。
旁白 neutral
" Yes," answered Katie
“是的,”凯蒂回答。
旁白 neutral
" Sometimes it's even fun being your twin sister!"
“有时候,当你的孪生妹妹甚至也挺有趣的!”
旁白 neutral
Then the Willow Creek twins raced out into the snow together
然后,柳溪镇这对孪生姐妹一起冲进了雪地里。