Level 5 · 柳溪双胞胎
🎬

E43 · Episodes

043 鸡的谜团

鸡的谜团

Little Fox Level 5 · The Willow Creek Twins · Episode 43 — 鸡的谜团.

75 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Joy flashed her light around the coop

乔伊用手电筒照了照鸡笼四周。

旁白 neutral

She saw something in the mud

她在泥地里看到了什么。

旁白 neutral

Were those chicken footprints or something else?

那是鸡的脚印还是别的什么?

旁白 neutral

" Mom! Katie!" cried Joy, running into the kitchen

“妈妈!凯蒂!”乔伊跑进厨房喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Someone — or something — is stealing our eggs!"

“有人——或者什么东西——在偷我们的鸡蛋!”

旁白 neutral

" What? Someone is stealing our eggs?" cried Katie

“什么?有人在偷我们的鸡蛋?”凯蒂喊道。

旁白 neutral

" I think so," said Joy

“我想是的,”乔伊说。

旁白 neutral

" There are still no eggs in the henhouse

“鸡舍里还是没有鸡蛋。

旁白 neutral

It doesn't make sense. And..." Joy lowered her voice

这说不通。而且……”乔伊压低了声音。

旁白 neutral

" I found footprints."

“我发现了脚印。”

旁白 neutral

Mom gasped. Katie's eyes grew wide

妈妈倒抽一口气。凯蒂眼睛瞪得大大的。

旁白 neutral

" Whose footprints?" asked Katie

“谁的脚印?”凯蒂问。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know. But they're small," said Joy

“不知道。但脚印很小。”乔伊说。

旁白 neutral

" Like a cat's? Or a raccoon's?" asked Katie

“像猫的?还是浣熊的?”凯蒂问。

旁白 neutral

" We need to investigate," said Mom

“我们得调查一下。”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" The chickens could be in danger!" said Katie

“鸡可能有危险!”凯蒂说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll call Grandpa

“我打给爷爷。

旁白 neutral

He'll know what to do!" said Joy

他知道该怎么办!”乔伊说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, but it's pretty late," Mom said

“对,但已经很晚了。”妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" You can call tomorrow."

“你明天再打。”

旁白 neutral

But Joy was already dialing

可乔伊已经在拨号了。

旁白 neutral

" Please, Mom? This is important."

"求你了,妈妈?这事很重要。"

旁白 neutral

A few seconds later, Joy frowned as she hung up the phone

几秒钟后,乔伊皱着眉头挂断了电话。

旁白 neutral

" It went straight to Grandpa's voicemail so I didn't leave a message."

"直接转到爷爷的语音信箱了,所以我没有留言。"

旁白 neutral

" See what happens tomorrow, honey," Mom said

"明天再看看情况吧,宝贝,"妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" You have more important things to worry about right now

"你现在有更重要的事要操心。

旁白 neutral

Like your homework."

比如你的作业。"

旁白 neutral

Joy sighed. She wasn't happy, but she'd have to wait

乔伊叹了口气。她不太高兴,但只好等着。

旁白 neutral

The next morning Olivia met the twins by the front door of Boone Elementary

第二天早上,奥利维亚在布恩小学门口和双胞胎碰面。

旁白 neutral

" I watched the best movie on Martin Luther King last night," she said

"我昨晚看了一部关于马丁·路德·金的特别棒的电影,"她说。

旁白 neutral

" It really helped me with my project."

“它确实对我的项目帮助很大。”

旁白 neutral

" These projects are fun, aren't they?" said Laura

“这些项目很有趣,不是吗?”劳拉说。

旁白 neutral

" Are you living like Martin Luther King?"

“你像马丁·路德·金那样生活吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I sure am!" said Olivia

“当然啦!”奥利维亚说。

旁白 neutral

" Yesterday I tried a peaceful protest when my mom told me it was time for bed."

“昨天我妈妈叫我上床睡觉时,我尝试了一次和平抗议。”

旁白 neutral

" Cool!" said Katie." What did you do?"

“酷!”凯蒂说。“你做了什么?”

旁白 neutral

" I sat quietly in front of the TV and refused to move," said Olivia

“我安静地坐在电视机前,拒绝离开。”奥利维亚说。

旁白 neutral

" Did it work?" Laura asked

“成功了吗?”劳拉问。

旁白 neutral

" I got to watch 15 more minutes of TV

“我多看了15分钟电视。

旁白 neutral

So I guess it did!" The girls laughed

所以我想是成功了!”女孩们笑了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Good morning, fourth graders."

“早上好,四年级的同学们。”

旁白 neutral

Ms. Olson greeted them as they walked into their classroom

当他们走进教室时,奥尔森老师向他们问好。

旁白 neutral

" Ms. Barrow is sick today, so Mr. Curtis will be your teacher

“巴罗老师今天生病了,所以由柯蒂斯先生来给你们上课。

旁白 neutral

Class, please say hello to Mr. Curtis."

同学们,请向柯蒂斯先生问好。”

旁白 neutral

" Good morning, Mr. Curtis," the fourth graders said

“早上好,柯蒂斯先生。”四年级的同学们说道。

旁白 neutral

" Good morning. Now, Ms. Barrow told me there are twins in this class

“早上好。嗯,巴罗老师告诉我这个班有一对双胞胎。

旁白 neutral

Where are Katie and Joy Donovan?" Mr. Curtis looked at the girls." Who is who?"

凯蒂·多诺万和乔伊·多诺万在哪儿?”柯蒂斯先生看着两个女孩。“你们谁是凯蒂,谁是乔伊?”

旁白 neutral

" I'm Katie," Katie spoke up

“我是凯蒂。”凯蒂大声说道。

旁白 neutral

" No, she's lying. That's Katie!" Luke said, laughing

“不,她在说谎。她才是凯蒂!”卢克笑着说。

旁白 neutral

He pointed at Joy

他指着乔伊。

旁白 neutral

" Stop it, Luke!" Joy said angrily." I'm Joy!"

“别闹了,卢克!”乔伊生气地说,“我是乔伊!”

旁白 neutral

" If you're Joy, then who is that?" Carlos said, pointing at Katie

“如果你是乔伊,那她是谁?”卡洛斯指着凯蒂说。

旁白 neutral

Everyone laughed, except for Mr. Curtis

大家都笑了,除了柯蒂斯老师。

旁白 neutral

" Please settle down," said the teacher with a frown

“请安静下来,”老师皱着眉头说。

旁白 neutral

" Or I will have to ask Ms. Olson to come back."

“不然我就只好请奥尔森老师回来了。”

旁白 neutral

After Mr. Curtis took attendance, the fourth graders had math

柯蒂斯老师点完名后,四年级的学生们开始上数学课。

旁白 neutral

" Joy," Mr. Curtis said, looking at Katie

“乔伊,”柯蒂斯老师看着凯蒂说道。

旁白 neutral

" What can you tell us about rounding six-digit numbers?"

“关于六位数的四舍五入,你能跟我们说些什么?”

旁白 neutral

Katie stared down at her math book

凯蒂低头盯着数学书看。

旁白 neutral

" Joy," Mr. Curtis repeated sternly

“乔伊,”柯蒂斯老师严厉地重复道。

旁白 neutral

" You girls are making this very difficult."

“你们俩这样让我很难办。”

旁白 neutral

Joy sighed. Ms. Barrow didn't have any trouble telling them apart

乔伊叹了口气。巴罗老师分辨她们可从来没问题。

旁白 neutral

Why was it so hard for Mr. Curtis?

这对柯蒂斯老师来说怎么就这么难呢?

旁白 neutral

" I know the answer." Larry raised his hand

“我知道答案。”拉里举起了手。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, Larry," Mr. Curtis said

“好的,拉里,”柯蒂斯老师说。

旁白 neutral

" It depends if you're rounding to the nearest hundred thousand, ten thousand, or thousand," Larry answered

“这取决于你是要四舍五入到十万位、万位,还是千位,”拉里回答道。

旁白 neutral

While Larry kept talking, Katie wrote a note to her sister

拉里继续说着话,凯蒂给妹妹写了张纸条。

旁白 neutral

It said: " A house divided against itself cannot stand..."–Abraham Lincoln

上面写着:“一栋分裂的房子是站不住脚的...”——亚伯拉罕·林肯。

旁白 neutral

Another note followed

接着又是一张纸条。

旁白 neutral

That means we have to stick together

意思是我们必须团结一致。

旁白 neutral

Do not answer unless Mr. Curtis calls you by the right name!

除非柯蒂斯老师叫对了名字,否则别回答!

旁白 neutral

When Joy looked up, Katie was making a sign with her hand

乔伊抬起头时,凯蒂正用手比划着一个手势。

旁白 neutral

Joy recognized it right away — it was sign language for the word " twin."

乔伊立刻就认出来了——那是“双胞胎”这个词的手语。

旁白 neutral

Joy grinned and then signed the word back at her sister

乔伊咧嘴一笑,也向姐姐回比了那个词。

旁白 neutral

The Donovan twins were sticking together!

多诺万家的双胞胎要团结一致!