E02 · Episodes
002 养鸡计划
养鸡计划
Little Fox Level 5 · The Willow Creek Twins · Episode 2 — 养鸡计划.
76 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
It was Sunday morning, and Grandpa was making everyone pancakes
那是周日早晨,爷爷正在给大家做煎饼。
旁白 neutral
Joy was still in her pajamas and still talking about chickens
乔伊还穿着睡衣,还在谈论鸡。
旁白 neutral
" This one has a blue tail," said Joy
“这只鸡有一条蓝色的尾巴,”乔伊说。
旁白 neutral
" And this one has feathers on its feet!"
“这只鸡脚上还有羽毛!”
旁白 neutral
Mom smiled." They look like house slippers."
妈妈笑了。“它们看起来像家居拖鞋。”
旁白 neutral
Grandpa gave Joy a plate of pancakes and looked over her shoulder at the catalog
爷爷递给乔伊一盘煎饼,越过她的肩膀看了看目录。
旁白 neutral
" See that one with the black and white stripes?" he said
“看到那只带黑白条纹的了吗?”他说。
旁白 neutral
" We had a hen like that when I was a boy
“我小时候,家里就有一只那样的母鸡。”
旁白 neutral
Sometimes she slept in my lap — just like a cat."
“有时它会睡在我腿上——就像只猫。”
旁白 neutral
Dad smiled." So Joy," he said," do you think we should get some chickens?"
爸爸笑了。“那么乔伊,”他说,“你觉得我们应该养些鸡吗?”
旁白 neutral
Joy's eyes opened wide, and a big smile spread across her face
乔伊睁大了眼睛,脸上绽开了灿烂的笑容。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, Dad! Could we?
“哦,爸爸!我们可以吗?
旁白 neutral
Could we buy some little chicks?"
我们可以买些小鸡吗?”
旁白 neutral
" They won't be little for long," warned Mom
“它们不会一直这么小,”妈妈提醒道。
旁白 neutral
" They'll become big chickens
“它们会长成大鸡。
旁白 neutral
Would you take care of them?
你会照顾它们吗?
旁白 neutral
Would you feed them and give them water?"
你会喂它们、给它们水喝吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, I promise," said Joy
“是的,我保证,”乔伊说。
旁白 neutral
" And I'd gather the eggs too."
“我也会去捡鸡蛋的。”
旁白 neutral
" I could make some delicious omelets with those fresh eggs," said Grandpa
“我可以用那些新鲜鸡蛋做出美味的煎蛋卷,”爷爷说。
旁白 neutral
" Where's Katie?" asked Joy, jumping up from the table
“凯蒂呢?”乔伊从桌边跳起来问道。
旁白 neutral
She ran to the stairway and called," Come downstairs, Katie!"
她跑到楼梯口喊道:“快下楼,凯蒂!”
旁白 neutral
Upstairs Katie didn't hear her sister
楼上的凯蒂没听见妹妹的声音。
旁白 neutral
She was busy staring at herself in the bathroom mirror
她正忙着盯着浴室镜子里的自己看。
旁白 neutral
Jellybean, the cat, was sitting in the doorway, licking her gray fur
小猫软糖正蹲在门口,舔着它灰色的毛。
旁白 neutral
" Here we go," Katie whispered as she picked up the scissors
“开始啦。”凯蒂拿起剪刀,小声说道。
旁白 neutral
Jellybean stopped licking and watched Katie with round, yellow eyes
软糖停止舔毛,用它那圆圆的黄眼睛看着凯蒂。
旁白 neutral
Downstairs Dad was talking
楼下,爸爸在说话。
旁白 neutral
" It's good for the planet when we raise our own food," he said
“自己种养食物,对地球有好处。”他说。
旁白 neutral
" I hope I can remember how to take care of baby chickens," said Grandpa
“希望我还记得怎么照顾小鸡。”爷爷说。
旁白 neutral
" You have to teach me, Grandpa,"
“你得教教我,爷爷,”
旁白 neutral
replied Joy as she sat back down at the table
乔伊说着,坐回了桌边。
旁白 neutral
She'd given up trying to get Katie's attention
她已经放弃了引起凯蒂的注意。
旁白 neutral
" I'll bring home a book on the subject tomorrow," said Mom
“我明天会带一本关于这个主题的书回家,”妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
She worked part-time at the Willow Creek library
她在柳溪图书馆做兼职。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly everyone looked up at the ceiling
突然,大家都抬头看向天花板。
旁白 neutral
They heard Katie's footsteps in the hallway above
他们听到凯蒂在上方走廊的脚步声。
旁白 neutral
Then they heard her pounding down the stairs
接着,他们听到她噔噔噔跑下楼梯的声音。
旁白 neutral
" Here she comes," said Joy
“她来了,”乔伊说。
旁白 neutral
" Good morning, world!" Katie exclaimed as she popped into the kitchen
“早安,世界!”凯蒂蹦蹦跳跳地进了厨房,大声说道。
旁白 neutral
She twirled on her bare feet
她光着脚转了个圈。
旁白 neutral
" Notice anything different about me?"
“注意到我有什么不同吗?”
旁白 neutral
Magoo, who had been napping in the corner, opened his eyes
刚才在角落里打盹的马古,睁开了眼睛。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, I noticed that you ran down the steps with scissors!" scolded Mom
“是的,我注意到你拿着剪刀跑下楼!”妈妈责备道。
旁白 neutral
" That's really dangerous."
“那真的很危险。”
旁白 neutral
Katie looked down at the scissors in her hand
凯蒂低头看了看手里的剪刀。
旁白 neutral
" Oops," she said." Sorry."
“哎呀,”她说,“对不起。”
旁白 neutral
" You've done something to your hair," stated Dad
“你对自己的头发动了点手脚,”爸爸断言道。
旁白 neutral
" You've got bangs!" Joy burst out
“你剪了刘海!”乔伊突然喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Ta-da!" exclaimed Katie
“嗒哒!”凯蒂喊道。
旁白 neutral
Joy frowned." But Katie," she said," now we look different."
乔伊皱起眉头。“可是凯蒂,”她说,“现在我们看起来不一样了。”
旁白 neutral
" That's right," Katie said happily
“没错,”凯蒂高兴地说。
旁白 neutral
" From now on, I'm the one with bangs."
“从今以后,我就是有刘海的那个。”
旁白 neutral
She sat down at the table
她在餐桌旁坐了下来。
旁白 neutral
" Grandpa, may I have some pancakes, please?"
“爷爷,请给我一些煎饼好吗?”
旁白 neutral
" You did a good job, Katie," Mom commented
“干得不错,凯蒂,”妈妈评价道。
旁白 neutral
Joy looked around the table, upset
乔伊不高兴地环顾着餐桌。
旁白 neutral
" But... do we still look like twins?"
“可是……我们看起来还像双胞胎吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Sure you do," said Dad
“当然像了,”爸爸说。
旁白 neutral
" Nope," corrected Katie." We look completely different."
“不像,”凯蒂纠正道。“我们看起来完全不一样了。”
旁白 neutral
Then Mom spoke up." Joy, tell Katie about the chickens."
这时妈妈开口了。“乔伊,跟凯蒂说说小鸡的事。”
旁白 neutral
" Chickens?" repeated Katie
“小鸡?”凯蒂重复道。
旁白 neutral
" Yes," said Joy." We're getting chicks from the Cackle Farm!"
“是的,”乔伊说。“我们要从咯咯农场买小鸡了!”
旁白 neutral
Katie stared at her sister
凯蒂盯着妹妹。
旁白 neutral
" What will we have to do?"
“我们得做些什么?”
旁白 neutral
" Lots!" Joy was smiling again
“可多了!”乔伊又笑了起来。
旁白 neutral
" You see, they have to live indoors for a while
“你看,它们得先在屋里住一阵子。
旁白 neutral
We have to keep them warm and watch them every minute."
我们必须给它们保暖,还要时刻看护它们。”
旁白 neutral
When Katie thought of the cute little chicks, she almost smiled
凯蒂想到那些可爱的小鸡,差点笑了出来。
旁白 neutral
But then she remembered that she was the Donovan twin who didn't like chickens
但她随即想起,自己是不喜欢小鸡的那个多诺万双胞胎。
旁白 neutral
Joy noticed Katie's blank expression
乔伊注意到凯蒂面无表情。
旁白 neutral
" Aren't you excited?" she asked
“你不激动吗?”她问。
旁白 neutral
Katie shrugged and poured syrup on her pancakes
凯蒂耸耸肩,往自己的煎饼上倒糖浆。
旁白 neutral
" Last chance for pancakes, folks," Grandpa announced
“煎饼最后一次机会了,各位,”爷爷宣布道。
旁白 neutral
" Joy and I have to get this kitchen cleaned up
“乔伊和我得把厨房收拾干净。
旁白 neutral
We've got chicken plans!"
我们有养鸡计划呢!”