E28 · Episodes
028 深入敌营
深入敌营
Little Fox Level 7 · Treasure Island · Episode 28 — 深入敌营.
70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The glare of the torch showed me that the pirates had possession of the house and provisions
火把的光亮让我明白,海盗们占据了房子和补给品。
旁白 neutral
There were six of them, so these men were all that was left of the mutineers
他们有六个人,看来剩下的叛变者都在这里了。
旁白 neutral
Most of them were standing, sleepy and confused
大多数人站着,睡眼惺忪,一脸困惑。
旁白 neutral
One was lying on the floor, deadly pale with a bloodstained bandage around his head
有个人躺在地板上,面如死灰,头上缠着带血的绷带。
旁白 neutral
The parrot sat on Long John's shoulder
鹦鹉蹲在高个约翰的肩膀上。
旁白 neutral
" Jim Hawkins, shiver my timbers!" exclaimed Long John." Dropped in to see me, eh?"
“吉姆·霍金斯,真是活见鬼!”高个约翰喊道。“顺道来看我了,嗯?”
旁白 neutral
I stood looking at them, my back against the wall, and I was certain my friends were dead
我背贴着墙站定,望着他们,确信朋友们都已遇害。
旁白 neutral
My heart ached because I hadn't been there to die with them
我的心一阵绞痛,因为我没能和他们一起战死。
旁白 neutral
Long John Silver lit his pipe." Now, Jim, I've always liked you
高个约翰·西尔弗点燃烟斗。“听着,吉姆,我一直很喜欢你。
旁白 neutral
You remind me of myself when I was young
你让我想起年轻时的自己。
旁白 neutral
I always hoped you'd join me and my men, and now, I think you must
我一直都希望你能加入我和我的人,现在嘛,我看你别无选择了。
旁白 neutral
The captain doesn't want to see you again, and I heard the doctor call you an ' ungrateful scamp.'
船长不想再见到你了,我还听到大夫骂你是个"不懂感恩的小鬼"。
旁白 neutral
So you can't go back to your friends."
所以你回不去你的朋友们那边了。"
旁白 neutral
" My friends are still alive!" I thought joyfully
"我的朋友们都还活着!"我高兴地想。
旁白 neutral
" Your fate is in our hands," continued Long John," but I never threaten
"你的命运掌握在我们手里,"朗·约翰继续说道,"不过我从不威胁人。
旁白 neutral
If you like our company, you'll join. If you don't, Jim, why, you're free to answer no."
你要是喜欢跟我们在一起,你就加入。要是不喜欢呢,吉姆,喏,你尽管说'不',随你的便。"
旁白 neutral
" Well," I said, growing a bit bolder," if I'm to choose, I have a right to know where my friends are."
"好吧,"我说,胆子也壮了一点,"如果真要我来选,那我总有权知道我的朋友们在哪儿吧。"
旁白 neutral
" Yesterday morning," said Long John," Dr. Livesey came to me with a flag of truce
"昨天早上,"朗·约翰说,"利夫西大夫打着休战旗来找我。
旁白 neutral
He said,' Captain Silver, your ship's gone.' We looked out, and by thunder, the ship was gone!
他说:'西尔弗船长,你们的船跑了。'我们往外一看,天啊,船真不见了!
旁白 neutral
' Well,' says the doctor,' let's make peace.'
大夫就说:'好吧,咱们讲和吧。'
旁白 neutral
We bargained, so here we are with everything — the food, the brandy, and the firewood you were thoughtful enough to cut
我们做了笔交易,所以现在一切都归我们了——食物、白兰地,还有你费心砍好的柴火。
旁白 neutral
As for your friends, I don't know where they are."
至于你的朋友们,我不知道他们在哪儿。”
旁白 neutral
He puffed on his pipe." But, Jim, you weren't included in that treaty
他抽了口烟斗。“但是,吉姆,你没被包括在这个条约里。
旁白 neutral
The doctor said,' I don't know where that boy is and I don't care.'"
那个医生说:‘我不知道那小子在哪儿,而且我不在乎。’”
旁白 neutral
" And now I must choose?" I asked
“所以现在我得自己选?”我问。
旁白 neutral
" You must choose," replied Long John
“你必须选,”高个儿约翰回答。
旁白 neutral
" Well, there's something I need to tell you first."
“嗯,有件事我得先告诉你。”
旁白 neutral
" Speak, boy," ordered Long John
“说吧,小子,”高个儿约翰命令道。
旁白 neutral
" A ship has been lost, treasure lost, men lost, and all your plans have been ruined
“一艘船沉了,财宝没了,人也死了,你整个计划都毁了。
旁白 neutral
If you want to know who did it — it was me!
如果你想知道这是谁干的——正是我!”
旁白 neutral
I was in the apple barrel when we sighted land, and I heard you, Long John, and you, Dick Johnson, and Israel Hands, who's now at the bottom of the sea —
我们看到陆地的时候,我就在苹果桶里。我听到了你的话,高个子约翰,还有你,迪克·约翰逊,以及现在葬身海底的伊斯雷尔·汉兹——
旁白 neutral
and I told the captain every word
我把每个字都告诉了船长。
旁白 neutral
I cut the ship's anchor line and killed the men aboard. Kill me or spare me
是我砍断了船锚的缆绳,杀了船上的人。要杀要留,随你们便。
旁白 neutral
But I'll say this — if you spare me, I'll do the best I can to save you all when you men are before a judge
不过我要说——如果你们饶我一命,等你们被押上法庭时,我会竭尽全力帮你们免除绞刑。
旁白 neutral
It's for you to choose. Kill me and do yourselves no good, or spare me and keep a witness to save you from hanging."
你们自己选吧。杀了我对你们没好处,留着我,反而多个证人帮你们摆脱绞刑。"
旁白 neutral
I stopped, out of breath, and no one moved
我停了下来,上气不接下气,没有一个人动。
旁白 neutral
" Long John," I added," if you decide to kill me, please let the doctor know I died bravely."
"高个子约翰,"我又说,"如果你决定杀我,请告诉医生,我死得很勇敢。"
旁白 neutral
" I'll bear it in mind," said Long John in a voice that sounded so peculiar that I couldn't tell if he was laughing at me or had been impressed by my courage
"我会记住的。"高个子约翰说。他的声音奇怪极了,我分不清他是在嘲笑我,还是被我的勇气打动了。
旁白 neutral
" Let's kill him!" yelled one pirate. He sprang up and drew his knife
"杀了他!"一个海盗叫道。他猛地跳起来,拔出了刀。
旁白 neutral
" Stop!" shouted Long John." Do you think you're the captain here, Tom Morgan?
"住手!"高个子约翰喝道。"你以为你是这里的船长吗,汤姆·摩根?
旁白 neutral
Don't cross me, or you'll be food for the fish."
别跟我作对,否则你会喂鱼的。”
旁白 neutral
Morgan paused, but the others were grumbling out loud
摩根停了下来,但其他人都在大声抱怨。
旁白 neutral
" Do any of you want to challenge me?" Long John roared." Well, I'm ready
“有谁想挑战我吗?”高个子约翰吼道。“好吧,我准备好了。
旁白 neutral
Take a cutlass, any who dares, and we'll see the color of the inside of your stomach."
谁有胆量就拿把弯刀来,我们来看看你肚子里面是什么颜色。”
旁白 neutral
Not a man stirred; not a man answered. Then Long John continued:
没有人动;没有人回答。然后高个子约翰继续说道:
旁白 neutral
" I was elected captain because I'm the best man here by a long sea mile
“我被选为船长,因为我是这里遥遥领先最优秀的人。
旁白 neutral
You won't fight me? Then, by thunder, you'll obey! I like that boy
你们不跟我打?那么,老天在上,你们就得服从!我喜欢那个男孩。
旁白 neutral
He's more a man than any of you rats. Touch him and you'll be sorry."
他比你们这些老鼠更有男子气概。谁碰他,谁就会后悔。”
旁白 neutral
My heart was beating like a sledgehammer, but now, I had a ray of hope
我的心像大锤一样狂跳,但现在我有了一线希望。
旁白 neutral
Long John calmly leaned back against the wall, but his eyes never left the men
高个子约翰平静地靠在墙上,但他的眼睛从未离开那些人。
旁白 neutral
The pirates huddled together and started whispering in low hisses
海盗们挤在一起,开始低声耳语,发出嘶嘶声。
旁白 neutral
Once in a while, one of them would look up nervously at Long John
偶尔,其中一个人会紧张地抬头看高个子约翰。
旁白 neutral
Finally one pirate — a tall fellow — spoke up
最后,一个海盗——一个高个子——开口了。
旁白 neutral
" The crew is dissatisfied, and we claim our right to hold a meeting outside. You know the rules."
“船员们不满意,我们要求行使在外面开会的权利。你知道规矩。”
旁白 neutral
The pirate saluted and left. One after another, the rest followed his example, saluting and marching out the door, until Long John Silver and I were alone
那个海盗敬了个礼,离开了。其他人一个接一个仿效他,敬礼并走出门,直到只剩下高个子约翰·西尔弗和我。
旁白 neutral
" Now, look here, Jim Hawkins," Long John whispered," you're close to death, and even worse, torture. But I'll stand by you."
“现在,听着,吉姆·霍金斯,”高个子约翰低声说,“你离死不远了,甚至更糟,会受折磨。但我会支持你。”
旁白 neutral
I dimly began to understand." You mean they're going to kill me?"
我开始隐约明白了。“你是说他们要杀我?”
旁白 neutral
" Aye, I do!" he answered." I'll save you from them — if I can
“对,我是这个意思!”他回答。“我会从他们手里救你——如果我能的话。
旁白 neutral
But you must save Long John from hanging."
但你必须救高个子约翰不被绞死。”
旁白 neutral
" I'll do what I can," I said
“我会尽力而为,”我说。
旁白 neutral
" It's a bargain!" cried Long John." By thunder, I've a chance!"
“一言为定!”高个子约翰喊道。“老天在上,我有机会了!”
旁白 neutral
He hobbled to the torch and lit his pipe again
他蹒跚着走到火炬旁,又点燃了烟斗。
旁白 neutral
" Understand me, Jim," he said, returning to his seat
“听我说,吉姆,”他边说边回到座位上。
旁白 neutral
" I'm on the squire's side now, because I know you've got that ship safe somewhere
“我现在站在乡绅那边了,因为我知道你们已经把船安全地藏在某处了。
旁白 neutral
I'll ask no questions, and I won't tell the others
我什么也不问,也不会告诉其他人。
旁白 neutral
Ah, you are so young — you and I might have done a powerful amount of good together!"
啊,你这么年轻——你和我本来可以一起干出一番大事业的!”
旁白 neutral
He poured himself some brandy." Why did that doctor give me the map, Jim?"
他给自己倒了些白兰地。“那个医生为什么把地图给了我,吉姆?”
旁白 neutral
I looked so surprised that he knew I had no idea what he was talking about
我看起来非常惊讶,他知道我根本不知道他在说什么。
旁白 neutral
" Ah, he did," said he." There's some reason why, no doubt — some reason, surely, Jim — bad or good."
“啊,他确实给了,”他说。“毫无疑问有某种原因——肯定有原因,吉姆——不管是好是坏。”
旁白 neutral
Long John took a swallow of the brandy and shook his head like a man who looks forward to the worst kind of luck
高个子约翰喝了一口白兰地,摇了摇头,像是一个预料到最坏运气的人。