Level 5 · 铁路边的孩子们
🎬

E19 · Episodes

019 一场争执

一场争执

Little Fox · The Railway Children · Episode 19 — 一场争执.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The old lady at the post office said to Bobbie, Phyllis, and Peter," You're good little children

邮局的那位老妇人对博比、菲莉丝和彼得说:“你们真是好孩子。”

旁白 neutral

Here's a pram I'm not using

这里有辆婴儿车,我不用了。

旁白 neutral

I bought it for my daughter's first baby, but " he died at six months old

这是我给女儿的第一个孩子买的,可是”那孩子六个月大就夭折了。

旁白 neutral

I'd like Mrs. Perks to have the pram for her baby," she said

她说:“我想把这婴儿车送给佩克斯太太,给她的小宝宝用。”

旁白 neutral

Phyllis hugged the old lady and said," Oh, Perks will be pleased!"

菲莉丝拥抱了老妇人,说:“哦,佩克斯一定会很高兴的!”

旁白 neutral

They packed all the gifts into the pram and took it to Perks' house

他们把所有的礼物都装进婴儿车,推着它去了佩克斯家。

旁白 neutral

The garden was very tidy

花园非常整洁。

旁白 neutral

A jug of daisies sat on the windowsill

窗台上放着一壶雏菊。

旁白 neutral

Bobbie knocked on the door

博比敲了敲门。

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Perks came out

佩克斯太太出来了。

旁白 neutral

" We've got some presents for Mr. Perks' birthday," said Peter

“我们给佩克斯先生带了些生日礼物,”彼得说。

旁白 neutral

As they unpacked the presents, Mrs. Perks gasped

当他们打开礼物时,佩克斯太太倒吸了一口气。

旁白 neutral

She surprised everyone by suddenly bursting into tears

她突然哭了起来,让所有人都吃了一惊。

旁白 neutral

" Oh don't!" said the children

“哦,别这样!”孩子们说。

旁白 neutral

Peter said impatiently," What's the matter?"

彼得不耐烦地说:“怎么了?”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Perks only sobbed

佩克斯太太只是抽泣着。

旁白 neutral

The Perks children stood at the door, looking uncomfortable

佩克斯家的孩子们站在门口,看起来很不自在。

旁白 neutral

There was an awkward silence

一阵尴尬的沉默。

旁白 neutral

Phyllis and Bobbie patted Mrs. Perks on the back

菲利斯和博比轻轻拍着佩克斯太太的背。

旁白 neutral

She stopped crying and said," Perks has never had a birthday like this, not even when he was little

她停止哭泣,说道:“佩克斯从来没有过过这样的生日,就连他小时候也没有。”

旁白 neutral

You children are very kind."

“你们这些孩子真好心。”

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Perks put the buns and berries on plates

佩克斯太太把面包和浆果摆到盘子里。

旁白 neutral

" Let's hide in the laundry, then come in and surprise Perks," whispered Bobbie

“咱们躲进洗衣房,然后出来给佩克斯一个惊喜。”博比小声说。

旁白 neutral

They quickly ran into the laundry, but there wasn't time to close the door

他们飞快地跑进洗衣房,却来不及关门。

旁白 neutral

They had to push the young Perks children in front of them and all squeeze in together

他们只好把佩克斯家的小孩子们推到前面,然后一起挤作一团。

旁白 neutral

" Hello!" Perks called out

“你们好啊!”佩克斯喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Isn't this pretty? It's your birthday tea," said Mrs. Perks

“这多漂亮呀?这是你的生日茶点。”佩克斯太太说。

旁白 neutral

There was the sound of a kiss

传来一声亲吻的声响。

旁白 neutral

" But what's that pram doing here?" said Perks

“但怎么这儿还有辆婴儿车呢?”佩克斯说。

旁白 neutral

" What are all these things?

“怎么摆着这么多东西?

旁白 neutral

Where did you get...?"

你们是从哪儿弄来……?

旁白 neutral

Mrs. Perks mumbled something

佩克斯太太咕哝了句什么。

旁白 neutral

" I don't care," Perks said angrily

“我不在乎,”佩克斯生气地说。

旁白 neutral

" We've been fine all these years

“这些年我们都过得挺好。

旁白 neutral

I'm not going to accept charity now!"

现在我不会接受施舍!”

旁白 neutral

" Shh!" said Mrs. Perks

“嘘!”佩克斯太太说。

旁白 neutral

" The children can hear everything you say!"

“孩子们能听见你说的每个字!”

旁白 neutral

" Good! I've got more to say to them!" he shouted

“好!我还有话说给他们听!”他喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Come out! Tell me why you did this!

“出来!告诉我你们为什么这么做!

旁白 neutral

Did I say I needed anything?

我说过我缺什么了吗?

旁白 neutral

Why am I receiving this charity?"

我为什么要接受这种施舍?

旁白 neutral

Perks sat down heavily in a chair and frowned

佩克斯重重地坐到椅子上,皱起眉头。

旁白 neutral

" Oh," said Phyllis," I thought you'd be pleased

“哦,”菲莉丝说,“我以为你会高兴。

旁白 neutral

I'll never try to be kind again, I promise."

我保证,我再也不会尝试对人好了。”

旁白 neutral

She burst into tears

她突然哭了起来。

旁白 neutral

" We didn't mean to make you angry," Peter said

“我们不是故意惹你生气的。”彼得说。

旁白 neutral

" It's not what you mean, it's what you do," said Perks

“重要的不是你的用意,而是你的行为。”佩克斯说。

旁白 neutral

" But the presents are not all from us

“但这些礼物不全是我们送的。

旁白 neutral

They're from people in the village," Bobbie said

是村里的人送的。”博比说。

旁白 neutral

" And who asked for them?" said Perks

“那又是谁找他们要的?”佩克斯问。

旁白 neutral

" We did," said Phyllis

“是我们说的。” 菲莉丝说。

旁白 neutral

" So you've told all the neighbors that we're poor and need charity?" asked Perks

“所以你们告诉了所有邻居我们很穷、需要施舍?” 佩克斯问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, you can just take the pram and the gifts and go home."

“那么,你们把婴儿车和礼物都拿回去,回家吧。”

旁白 neutral

He turned his chair around so that his back faced the children

他把椅子转过去,背对着孩子们。

旁白 neutral

Then suddenly Bobbie spoke

突然,博比开口说话了。

旁白 neutral

" The people in the village wanted to give you birthday presents."

“村里的人想送你生日礼物。”

旁白 neutral

Perks slowly turned his chair around to face the children

佩克斯慢慢地把椅子转回来,面对着孩子们。

旁白 neutral

He seemed a little less angry

他似乎没那么生气了。

旁白 neutral

Bobbie kept talking in a quiet voice

博比继续轻声地说着。

旁白 neutral

" The doctor said,' I'm pleased to give something to Perks

“医生说:‘我很乐意送点东西给佩克斯。

旁白 neutral

He always pays his bills.'"

他从来不拖欠账单。’”

旁白 neutral

Now Bobbie continued in a louder voice," And the grocer said,' Perks works hard.'

接着,博比提高了声音说:“杂货店老板说:‘佩克斯工作很努力。’

旁白 neutral

And the lady at the post office said that you always — "

邮局的女士说你总是——”

旁白 neutral

" Stop," said Perks suddenly." I take back every word

“停,”佩克斯突然说,“我收回所有的话。

旁白 neutral

I didn't understand

我没有明白。

旁白 neutral

I am pleased... not just with the presents, but with the kind thoughts of our neighbors

我很高兴……不只是因为礼物,更是因为邻居们的善意。

旁白 neutral

They're the best presents of all, aren't they, Nell?"

这才是最好的礼物,不是吗,内尔?”

旁白 neutral

His wife nodded

他的妻子点了点头。

旁白 neutral

Perks looked at the children

佩克斯看着孩子们。

旁白 neutral

" You'll stay for tea?"

“你们留下来喝茶吧?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, please!" they said

“好的,谢谢!” 他们说。