Level 6 · 汤姆·索亚历险记
🎬

E15 · Episodes

015 酒馆里的秘密

酒馆里的秘密

Little Fox · The Adventures of Tom Sawyer · Episode 15 — 酒馆里的秘密.

65 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

That night Tom dreamed vividly about the haunted house adventure

那天晚上,汤姆栩栩如生地梦见了闹鬼房子的冒险。

旁白 neutral

The next morning he wasn't sure whether it had really happened

第二天早上,他不确定那是否真的发生过。

旁白 neutral

It seemed amazing that Injun Joe hadn't killed them, and it seemed just as amazing that ten-thousand dollars was hidden in the haunted house

印第安·乔没有杀死他们,这似乎不可思议;同样不可思议的是,闹鬼房子里竟藏着一万美元。

旁白 neutral

After breakfast Tom went into town

吃过早饭后,汤姆进了城。

旁白 neutral

He saw Huck fishing by the ferry landing

他看到哈克在渡口钓鱼。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Tom, if we hadn't brought our tools into that house, we'd be rich right now!" cried Huck sadly

“噢,汤姆,要是我们没把工具带进那房子,我们现在就发财了!”哈克伤心地喊道。

旁白 neutral

" So it wasn't a dream!" said Tom." I thought maybe I made it all up!"

“这么说不是梦!”汤姆说。“我还以为是我自己编出来的呢!”

旁白 neutral

" We've got to find that money," he went on

“我们得找到那笔钱,”他接着说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know." Huck wasn't so sure

“我不知道。”哈克不太确定。

旁白 neutral

" A man has but one chance in a lifetime to make it rich

一个人一辈子只有一次发财的机会。

旁白 neutral

We had our chance, and we lost it, Tom," he said

“我们有过机会,却错失了,汤姆。”他说。

旁白 neutral

" We know Injun Joe is going to hide the loot in ' number two under the cross,'" said Tom

“我们知道印第安·乔会把赃物藏在‘十字下面的二号’,”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" We've just got to figure out where number two is."

“我们只需要弄明白二号在哪里。”

旁白 neutral

" It could be a house number." said Huck

“可能是个门牌号。”哈克说。

旁白 neutral

" Not in this town," said Tom

“这个镇上不会的。”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" Tavern rooms have numbers," said Huck

“酒馆的房间有号码。”哈克说。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't know that," said Tom

“这我倒不知道。”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, there are only two taverns in this town

“嘿,这个镇上只有两家酒馆。

旁白 neutral

You stay here, and I'll be back quick."

你待在这儿,我很快就回来。”

旁白 neutral

When Tom returned, he told Huck what he had learned

汤姆回来后,把他打听到的告诉了哈克。

旁白 neutral

" In the first tavern, room number two is rented by a young lawyer

“第一家酒馆,二号房被一个年轻律师租了。

旁白 neutral

In the other tavern, the tavern owner's son said room number two is a mystery

另一家酒馆,老板的儿子说二号房很神秘。

旁白 neutral

People only go in there at night, and it's always kept locked."

人们只在晚上进去,而且总是锁着的。”

旁白 neutral

" That's got to be the number two we're after," said Huck

“那肯定就是咱们要找的二号房,”哈克说。

旁白 neutral

" Somebody has to watch that room," said Tom

“必须得有人盯着那个房间,”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" There's a back door that goes out into the alley

“那儿有个后门,通向小巷。

旁白 neutral

That must be how Injun Joe comes and goes

印第安·乔肯定是打那儿进出的。

旁白 neutral

You will be the one to watch the back door, Huck

你负责盯着后门,哈克。

旁白 neutral

People will know something is up if I do it."

要是我去,大家会起疑心的。”

旁白 neutral

Huck still looked uncertain, but Tom finally talked him into watching the door

哈克看起来还是有些犹豫,但汤姆最终还是说服他去盯梢了。

旁白 neutral

Tom said that if Huck watched the room, Tom could go into the tavern and look for the money

汤姆说,如果哈克盯着那个房间,汤姆就可以进酒馆去找钱。

旁白 neutral

That seemed to satisfy Huck, and the boys parted with a handshake

哈克看样子满意了,两个男孩握了握手就分开了。

旁白 neutral

After sunset the boys met again in back of the tavern

太阳下山后,两个男孩又在酒馆后面碰头了。

旁白 neutral

They were hoping for a cloudy night, but instead the night was clear

他们本来盼着今晚多云,结果却是个大晴天。

旁白 neutral

The moon was too bright for Tom to sneak into the room without being seen

月亮太亮了,汤姆不可能溜进房间而不被发现。

旁白 neutral

He told Huck to keep an eye on the place

他让哈克盯着这地方。

旁白 neutral

The next few nights remained clear, so Tom went home while Huck watched

接下来几个夜晚还是晴天,于是汤姆回了家,哈克继续监视。

旁白 neutral

Finally, on Thursday night, clouds covered the moon

终于,到了周四晚上,云遮住了月亮。

旁白 neutral

All week Huck had seen no one coming or going, so just after midnight Tom sneaked into the tavern

整整一周,哈克都没看见任何人进出,所以刚过午夜,汤姆就溜进了酒馆。

旁白 neutral

He went quietly up the stairs to the door

他悄悄上了楼梯,走到门边。

旁白 neutral

Huck tried hard to watch him, but the night was too dark

哈克使劲盯着他看,但夜色太黑了。

旁白 neutral

It was as if Tom had been swallowed by the night

汤姆仿佛被黑夜吞没了似的。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly Tom screamed," Run for your life!" and he jumped over the railing of the stairs

突然汤姆尖叫起来:“快跑!”他随即翻过楼梯栏杆。

旁白 neutral

Huck and Tom ran until they could hardly breathe

哈克和汤姆拼命地跑,直到几乎喘不上气。

旁白 neutral

" Wh... what did you see?" gasped Huck

“你……你看到了什么?”哈克气喘吁吁地问。

旁白 neutral

" I nearly stepped on Injun Joe's hand," said Tom, panting

“我差点踩到印第安·乔的手,”汤姆喘着气说。

旁白 neutral

Huck just stared at Tom, too scared to speak

哈克只是瞪大眼睛看着汤姆,吓得说不出话来。

旁白 neutral

" He was on the floor, with his hands spread out

“他躺在地板上,两只手摊开着。

旁白 neutral

There was an empty bottle and a cup near his head."

他头旁边有一个空瓶子和一个杯子。”

旁白 neutral

" He was drunk?" asked Huck. Tom nodded

“他喝醉了?”哈克问。汤姆点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" Did you see the box?" continued Huck

“你看到那个箱子了吗?”哈克继续问。

旁白 neutral

Tom shook his head and said," There was no time. I just ran

汤姆摇摇头说:“没时间看。我直接就跑了。

旁白 neutral

I didn't see the box, and I didn't see the cross

我没看到箱子,也没看到十字架。

旁白 neutral

But I did see lots of barrels and bottles

但我确实看到了很多木桶和酒瓶。

旁白 neutral

I know the secret of that room — it's full of whiskey."

我知道那个房间的秘密了——里面全是威士忌。”

旁白 neutral

Huck thought about that for a moment and said," You know, Tom, if Injun Joe is drunk, this would be a good time to get the box."

哈克想了一会儿,说:“你看,汤姆,如果印第安·乔喝醉了,这可是去拿箱子的好时机。”

旁白 neutral

" All right," said Tom," you try!"

“好吧,”汤姆说,“那你试试看!”

旁白 neutral

Huck shook his head

哈克摇了摇头。

旁白 neutral

" You said there was only one empty bottle by his head. That isn't enough

“你说他头旁边只有一个空瓶子。那还不够。

旁白 neutral

If there were three bottles, then maybe I'd do it."

要有三个空瓶子,那我或许会去。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, there is one good thing that's come of this," said Tom

“嗯,这事儿倒也有了一个好的进展,”汤姆说。

旁白 neutral

" We know where Injun Joe is

“我们知道了印第安·乔在哪儿。

旁白 neutral

Now we just need to wait for him to leave, and we'll get in that room and search it properly."

现在我们只需要等他离开,然后我们就能进那个房间好好地搜一搜。”

旁白 neutral

Huck agreed to keep watch all night and sleep during the day

哈克同意整晚放哨,白天再睡觉。

旁白 neutral

" We'll get this money yet," he told Tom confidently

“我们迟早会拿到这笔钱的,”他充满信心地对汤姆说。