Level 6 · 瑞士家庭鲁滨逊
🎬

E19 · Episodes

019 皮划艇

皮划艇

Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 19 — 皮划艇.

75 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

All the boys were eager to ride Hurry

所有的男孩都迫不及待想骑哈瑞。

旁白 neutral

The ostrich traveled unbelievably quickly from Rockburg to Falconhurst

这只鸵鸟以难以置信的速度从罗克堡跑到猎鹰堡。

旁白 neutral

His speed led the boys to quarrel over who should own him

它的速度让男孩们争吵起来,都想拥有它。

旁白 neutral

So I had to step in and end the arguing

所以我不得不介入,结束争论。

旁白 neutral

" Hurry belongs to Jack," I said

“哈瑞属于杰克,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Jack weighs less than Fritz or Ernest, so he is more suited to ride the bird

“杰克比弗里茨或欧内斯特轻,所以他更适合骑这只鸟。

旁白 neutral

And Franz is not yet strong enough to manage such a fast animal."

而且弗兰兹还不够强壮,驾驭不了这么快的动物。”

旁白 neutral

Fritz started to protest." But Father — "

弗里茨开始抗议。“可是爸爸——”

旁白 neutral

" And," I continued." Jack was the one who captured him and named him

“而且,”我继续说道,“是杰克抓住了它并给它取了名字。

旁白 neutral

But you may all practice riding him occasionally

但你们都可以偶尔练习骑它。

旁白 neutral

And anyone may ride him in an emergency."

“而且紧急情况下任何人都可以骑他。”

旁白 neutral

" Thank you, Father," said Jack." But you must make me some goggles

“谢谢你,父亲,”杰克说,“但你必须给我做一副护目镜。”

旁白 neutral

Sometimes Hurry goes so fast that I have to shut my eyes to protect them from the wind."

“有时候哈瑞跑得太快,我不得不闭上眼睛,免得风吹着眼睛。”

旁白 neutral

" Really?" I said." I must do no such thing."

“是吗?”我说,“我才不会做这种事。”

旁白 neutral

" Why not?" Jack looked at me with amazement

“为什么?”杰克惊讶地看着我。

旁白 neutral

" First because you cannot tell me I ' must ' do anything

“首先,因为你不能告诉我我‘必须’做任何事。”

旁白 neutral

And second because you are perfectly capable of making goggles yourself."

“其次,因为你完全有能力自己做护目镜。”

旁白 neutral

" I guess I do need an indoor activity," said Jack

“看来我确实需要一项室内活动,”杰克说。

旁白 neutral

Indeed our outdoor activities were coming to an end

的确,我们的户外活动快要结束了。

旁白 neutral

Great black clouds and violent storms marked the beginning of another rainy season

大片乌云和猛烈暴风雨标志着又一个雨季的开始。

旁白 neutral

Rockburg was a more spacious and pleasant place to spend the winter than Falconhurst

洛克堡比鹰巢更宽敞、更舒适,更适合过冬。

旁白 neutral

And we had many activities to keep us busy

我们也有很多活动让自己忙碌起来。

旁白 neutral

Still the time dragged for all of us

但时间对我们所有人来说依旧很难熬。

旁白 neutral

" Let's build a kayak," said Fritz one day

“我们造一艘皮划艇吧,”有一天弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

" I've often longed for a more manageable boat than the canoe or the sailboat."

“我一直渴望有一艘比独木舟或帆船更容易操控的船。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh yes, Father!" pleaded Ernest

“哦,好啊,爸爸!”欧内斯特恳求道。

旁白 neutral

" I've read about the kayaks that people build in Greenland."

“我读到过格陵兰人建造的那种皮划艇。”

旁白 neutral

All the boys were immediately enthusiastic about the idea

所有男孩立刻对这个想法充满了热情。

旁白 neutral

But my wife was not

但我的妻子却不这么想。

旁白 neutral

"'Your chances of drowning are already great enough with the canoe and the sailboat," she declared

“你们有独木舟和帆船,溺水的风险已经够大了,”她断言道。

旁白 neutral

" This is going to be a very safe boat," I reassured her

“这会是一艘非常安全的船。”我向她保证道。

旁白 neutral

We started our boat-building by constructing a frame of whalebone

我们开始造船,先用鲸骨搭建了一个框架。

旁白 neutral

Then we used bamboo to strengthen the sides and build the deck

然后我们用竹子加固船舷,并建造了甲板。

旁白 neutral

That covered the whole length of the boat, leaving only a small square hole to sit in

甲板覆盖了整艘船的长度,只留下一个方形小口供人乘坐。

旁白 neutral

We were totally caught up in our work

我们都彻底沉浸在工作中了。

旁白 neutral

By the time the kayak was complete, the rainy season was over

等皮划艇完工时,雨季已经结束了。

旁白 neutral

The kayak was just narrow enough to fit through our front door

这艘皮划艇刚好窄到能通过我们的前门。

旁白 neutral

We completed its construction in the open air

我们在户外完成了它的建造。

旁白 neutral

" That's a funny-looking boat," said little Franz

“那艘船的样子真好玩。”小弗朗茨说。

旁白 neutral

" Do you really think it will float?"

“你真的觉得它能浮起来吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Look," said Fritz." It's so light that I can pick it up with one hand."

“看,”弗里茨说,“它轻得我一只手就能拿起来。”

旁白 neutral

" It still seems awfully fragile to me," said my wife

“在我眼里,它还是显得太脆弱了,”我的妻子说。

旁白 neutral

Before she would allow him to try the kayak, she insisted on making him a special swimsuit

在允许他试驾这艘皮划艇之前,她坚持要为他特制一件泳衣。

旁白 neutral

" I don't want him to drown if his boat is punctured by a sharp rock," she explained

“万一他的船被锋利的石头戳破了,我可不想他溺水,”她解释道。

旁白 neutral

" The kayak won't break like a soap bubble," I said with some exasperation

“这艘皮划艇不会像肥皂泡一样破掉的,”我有点恼怒地说。

旁白 neutral

But I agreed to help her make the swimsuit

但我还是同意帮她制作这件泳衣。

旁白 neutral

My wife said that Fritz needed a jacket, pants, and cap

我的妻子说,弗里茨需要一件夹克、一条裤子和一顶帽子。

旁白 neutral

We made these garments from linen and then lined them with another piece of fabric

我们用亚麻布制作了这些衣物,然后用另一块布料做了内衬。

旁白 neutral

Everything was then coated with rubber

然后,所有东西都涂上了一层橡胶。

旁白 neutral

We left a small hole, so that the garments could be inflated by blowing air between the linen and the lining

我们留了一个小孔,这样就可以通过往亚麻布和内衬之间吹气,让这些衣物膨胀起来。

旁白 neutral

At last it was time for Fritz to take the kayak on a test voyage

终于到了弗里茨试航皮划艇的时候。

旁白 neutral

We all gathered on the beach

我们全家都聚到了海滩上。

旁白 neutral

I got out the canoe so my wife could see we were ready to rescue him if needed

我把独木舟搬出来,好让妻子看到我们已准备好,随时可以去救他。

旁白 neutral

Fritz stepped into the kayak and began to inflate his swimsuit

弗里茨跨进皮划艇,开始给泳衣充气。

旁白 neutral

Fritz soon puffed up so that we could hardly recognize him

弗里茨很快就鼓了起来,我们几乎认不出他了。

旁白 neutral

The boys shouted with laughter. Even my wife could not resist a smile

男孩子们大笑大叫,连我妻子也忍不住笑了。

旁白 neutral

" You look so funny!" cried little Franz

“你看起来太滑稽啦!”小弗朗茨喊道。

旁白 neutral

The kayak floated lightly on the bay as Fritz began to paddle

弗里茨开始划桨,皮划艇轻巧地浮在海湾水面上。

旁白 neutral

First he darted straight ahead

他先是猛地向前直冲。

旁白 neutral

Then he turned to the left and circled to the right

然后左转,又向右绕圈。

旁白 neutral

Finally he flipped on his side while his mother uttered a shriek of terror

最后他侧身翻转了一下,他母亲发出一声惊恐的尖叫。

旁白 neutral

" Oh no!" she cried

“哦,不!”她喊道。

旁白 neutral

But Fritz quickly righted himself

但弗里茨迅速把艇身正了过来。

旁白 neutral

" All is well!" he shouted to us over the water

“一切平安!”他在水面上朝我们喊道。

旁白 neutral

" It may be just a tiny boat," I said to my wife

“这或许只是条小船,”我对妻子说,

旁白 neutral

" But it's a sturdy one, and it won't sink."

“但它很结实,而且不会沉。”

旁白 neutral

" Hooray for Fritz and the kayak!" yelled Jack

“弗里茨和皮划艇万岁!”杰克喊道。

旁白 neutral

The other boys shouted their approval too

其他男孩也都大声叫好。

旁白 neutral

Fritz raised his arm in salute and turned the kayak away from shore

弗里茨举手致意,掉转皮划艇向远离海岸的方向划去。

旁白 neutral

We watched him for a few minutes, and then suddenly I realized something dreadful

我们看了一会儿,突然我意识到一件可怕的事。

旁白 neutral

The tide was carrying him out to sea!

潮水正把他带向外海!

旁白 neutral

" Ernest! Jack!" I said

“欧内斯特!杰克!”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Help me launch the canoe. We must rescue your brother."

“帮我把独木舟弄下水,我们必须去救你们的兄弟。”

旁白 neutral

We pushed off from shore

我们推船离岸。

旁白 neutral

My wife wrapped her arms around little Franz and said," I knew an accident would happen in that horrid soap bubble."

妻子紧紧搂住小弗朗茨说:“我就知道那个可怕的肥皂泡会出事的。”