Level 6 · 瑞士家庭鲁滨逊
🎬

E17 · Episodes

017 篮筐和背篓

篮筐和背篓

Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 17 — 篮筐和背篓.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The months passed quickly

几个月很快就过去了。

旁白 neutral

Lightfoot, our wild donkey, produced a foal that we named Swift

我们的野驴轻脚产下了一头小驴,我们给它取名飞毛腿。

旁白 neutral

We built a porch across the front of Rockburg

我们在岩堡前面搭了个门廊。

旁白 neutral

Aside from those events, all was quiet until Jack had a misadventure one afternoon

除了这些事,一切都很平静,直到一天下午杰克出了个小意外。

旁白 neutral

He often went off by himself and came back with new things to show us

他常常独自外出,然后带回些新奇的东西给我们看。

旁白 neutral

But this time he reappeared covered with mud and almost in tears

可这次他回来时浑身是泥,差点儿就要哭出来了。

旁白 neutral

" What happened?" I said." Where have you been?"

“怎么了?”我问,“你到哪儿去了?”

旁白 neutral

" I went to get reeds to make baskets, and I fell into the swamp

“我去割些芦苇做篮子,结果掉进了沼泽。

旁白 neutral

I called and called for help. But nobody came and I kept sinking."

我拼命喊救命,可没人过来,我越陷越深。”

旁白 neutral

He had finally managed to cut some reeds and fasten them into a bundle

他最后总算割了些芦苇,把它们捆成了一束。

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile Fangs, his jackal, had run back and forth at the edge of the swamp

与此同时,他的胡狼方斯一直在沼泽边来回奔跑。

旁白 neutral

" I used the reeds like a raft to keep from sinking," said Jack

“我把芦苇当筏子用,才没有沉下去。”杰克说。

旁白 neutral

" When I finally freed my legs from the swamp, I caught hold of Fangs

当我终于把腿从沼泽里拔出来,就抓住了方斯。

旁白 neutral

He pulled me to dry land!"

他把我拖到了干地上!”

旁白 neutral

" Fangs is truly a hero," I said

“方斯真是个英雄。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" But next time take one of your brothers along."

“不过下次,带个兄弟一起去。”

旁白 neutral

We wanted to make baskets because we needed something for gathering and storing fruits and root vegetables

我们想做篮子,因为需要东西来收集和存放水果和根茎蔬菜。

旁白 neutral

After some trial and effort, we produced a good supply of baskets

经过一些尝试和努力,我们做出了足够用的篮子。

旁白 neutral

One basket was especially large

有一只篮子特别大。

旁白 neutral

While weaving it, I left holes so that a strong stick could be passed through the holes

编的时候,我留了孔,好让一根结实的棍子能穿过去。

旁白 neutral

In that way two people could carry the basket when it was full and heavy

那样的话,篮子装满变重时,两个人就能抬着走了。

旁白 neutral

" Do you see how this will work?" I asked the boys

“你们明白这个的用处了吗?”我问孩子们。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, yes!" Jack's eyes lit up with fun

“哦,明白!”杰克的眼睛亮了起来,满是兴奋。

旁白 neutral

He and Ernest ran a sturdy piece of bamboo through the holes

他和欧内斯特把一根结实的竹竿穿过了那些孔洞。

旁白 neutral

Then Fritz popped little Franz into the basket

然后弗里茨把小弗朗茨轻轻放进了篮子里。

旁白 neutral

The boys took turns carrying Franz around while he whooped with delight

孩子们轮流抬着弗朗茨到处走,他开心得叫了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Father!" cried Fritz

“噢,爸爸!”弗里茨叫道。

旁白 neutral

" Don't you think we could make something like this for Mother?

“您觉得我们能不能给妈妈也做一个这样的东西?

旁白 neutral

It would be more comfortable for her than jolting along in our cart."

这比坐咱们的牛车那样颠簸要舒服得多。”

旁白 neutral

The boys shouted with glee at the proposal

听到这个提议,孩子们都高兴得喊了起来。

旁白 neutral

" What do you think, Mother?" asked Ernest

“您觉得怎么样,母亲?”欧内斯特问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, I think you could make it, but..." She hesitated

“嗯,我觉得你们能做出来,但是……”她犹豫了一下。

旁白 neutral

" I'm not sure I'd like sitting in the middle of a big basket, peering over the rim."

“我不太确定自己会喜欢坐在一个大篮子中间,从边沿上探出头看外面。”

旁白 neutral

" We wouldn't make you sit on the bottom of a basket." I laughed

“我们不会让您坐在篮底的。”我笑了。

旁白 neutral

" We'd make you a comfortable seat."

“我们会给您做个舒舒服服的座位。”

旁白 neutral

" It would be a bit like a sedan chair," explained Ernest

“那会有点像轿子,”欧内斯特解释道。

旁白 neutral

" I've seen pictures of those in books."

“我在书上见过那种图片。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," I replied," but who would carry this chair?"

“是啊,”我答道,“但是谁来抬这个轿子呢?”

旁白 neutral

I worried that the boys would grow tired or stumble, and then the chair would fall

我担心孩子们会累着或绊倒,那样轿子就会摔下来。

旁白 neutral

" The bull and the buffalo!" cried Jack

“公牛和水牛!”杰克喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Why not use them? Let's try them now!"

“为什么不用它们呢?我们现在就试试!”

旁白 neutral

Off ran the boys, and in a short time the basket was securely hung between the two animals

男孩们跑开了,不一会儿,篮子就稳稳地挂在了两头牛之间。

旁白 neutral

Fritz and Jack sprang into their saddles, and Ernest very carefully deposited himself in the basket

弗里茨和杰克跳上了鞍座,欧内斯特则小心翼翼地坐进了篮子里。

旁白 neutral

They set forth at a slow, steady pace

他们以缓慢、平稳的步伐出发了。

旁白 neutral

The animals, who were quite docile, appeared only a little surprised at their new task

这两头非常温顺的动物,似乎只是对新任务感到一点点惊讶。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, it's so pleasant, Mother!" called out Ernest as they passed us

“哦,太舒服了,妈妈!”他们经过我们时,欧内斯特喊道。

旁白 neutral

" The basket rocks as gently as a cradle. Faster, Fritz, faster!"

“篮子像摇篮一样轻柔地摇晃。快点,弗里茨,再快点!”

旁白 neutral

Fritz and Jack urged their animals to trot, and Ernest liked that ride too

弗里茨和杰克催赶着牛小跑起来,欧内斯特也挺喜欢这种感觉。

旁白 neutral

But then the pace quickened, making the basket shake violently

但随后速度加快了,篮子开始剧烈摇晃。

旁白 neutral

" Stop, Fritz!" yelled Ernest." Halt, Jack! Stop now! Can anybody hear me?"

“停下,弗里茨!”欧内斯特大喊。“停下,杰克!快停下!有人听见我说话吗?”

旁白 neutral

But Fritz and Jack thought it was great fun to shake up their brother

但弗里茨和杰克觉得把哥哥颠得七摇八晃是件大乐事。

旁白 neutral

" What's the matter, professor?" called Jack

“怎么了,教授先生?”杰克喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Didn't sedan chairs go this fast in those books you read?"

“你读的那些书里,轿子难道不是走这么快的吗?”

旁白 neutral

The boys made a circuit of the level ground in front of Rockburg

孩子们绕着岩堡前那块平地跑了一圈。

旁白 neutral

They finally pulled up in front of us like performers awaiting applause

他们最终停在我们面前,如同谢幕的演员等待掌声。

旁白 neutral

It was hard not to laugh, but Ernest was very angry with them

让人很难忍住不笑,但欧内斯特却气坏了。

旁白 neutral

" You could have killed me!" he cried angrily

“你们差点害死我了!”他气冲冲地喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Don't be ridiculous," said Fritz." You're acting like — "

“别大惊小怪的,”弗里茨说,“你这样子简直像个——”

旁白 neutral

" Quiet, everyone," I said for I could see an argument building up

“安静,都别说了,”我看一场争吵一触即发,便连忙说到。

旁白 neutral

" Taking a joke too far can only lead to bad feelings

“玩笑开得太过头,只会伤了和气。”

旁白 neutral

If we're going to survive, we need to keep peace among ourselves."

想要生存下去,咱们就必须彼此和睦。”

旁白 neutral

Fritz and Jack apologized, and Ernest helped them to unharness the bull and buffalo

弗里茨和杰克道了歉,欧内斯特帮他们把公牛和水牛从挽具上解下来。

旁白 neutral

Then Fritz joined my wife and me on the front porch while the other boys played below

然后,弗里茨到前廊来陪我和妻子,其他孩子则在下面玩耍。

旁白 neutral

We were chatting pleasantly when Fritz suddenly stood up and stared off into the distance

我们正愉快地聊着天,弗里茨突然站起身,凝视着远方。

旁白 neutral

" Something strange is coming toward the bridge," he said

“有个奇怪的东西正朝桥这边过来,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" First it was coiled up on the ground like a hose

“起初它像根软管似的盘在地上。”

旁白 neutral

Now it's rising up and sinking back again."

现在它又是在一起一伏地向前移动。”

旁白 neutral

" Take the other boys inside at once," I told my wife." Close the door."

“马上带其他孩子进去,”我对妻子说,“把门关好。”

旁白 neutral

Fritz stayed by my side while I examined the object through my telescope

我拿起望远镜观察那东西时,弗里茨一直守在我身边。

旁白 neutral

" It's just as I feared," I said, laying down the telescope

“正如我所担心的,”我放下望远镜说道。

旁白 neutral

" A giant snake is advancing toward us!"

“一条巨蟒正朝我们逼近!”