E14 · Episodes
014 雨季来临
雨季来临
Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 14 — 雨季来临.
70 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The wild animal was silent
那只野生动物安静了下来。
旁白 neutral
My family looked down anxiously from our nest in the treetop
我的家人在树顶的巢穴里,焦急地向下张望。
旁白 neutral
" Come, Fritz," I whispered
“来,弗里茨,”我低声说。
旁白 neutral
" We must go down and find out what was making that awful noise."
“我们必须下去,弄清楚是什么发出那种可怕的声音。”
旁白 neutral
We picked up our guns, and he followed me down the steps
我们拿起枪,他跟着我走下了台阶。
旁白 neutral
Outside we glided carefully from tree to tree
在外面,我们小心翼翼地一棵树一棵树地滑行。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly we heard that awful sound again, and it was quite nearby!
突然,我们又听到了那种可怕的声音,而且就在附近!
旁白 neutral
Fritz raised his gun, but quickly lowered it
弗里茨举起了枪,但很快又放了下来。
旁白 neutral
" It's only Grizzle." He laughed as our missing donkey appeared before us
“原来是格里兹尔。”他笑了起来,那头失踪的驴子出现在我们面前。
旁白 neutral
Our friend was not alone
我们的朋友并不孤单。
旁白 neutral
Behind him trotted another animal resembling a donkey, but slim and graceful as a horse
在它身后,小跑着另一头动物,长得像驴,但身材纤细、姿态优美,宛如一匹马。
旁白 neutral
" That's a wild donkey, Fritz," I whispered
“那是一头野驴,弗里茨。”我低声说道。
旁白 neutral
" Creep back to Falconhurst and bring me two pieces of rope."
“悄悄溜回鹰巢,给我拿两段绳子来。”
旁白 neutral
He soon returned with the rope and some oats
他很快就拿着绳子和一些燕麦回来了。
旁白 neutral
The wild donkey followed Grizzle's lead and nibbled some oats
那头野驴跟着格瑞兹的样子,也小口吃起了燕麦。
旁白 neutral
I quickly threw the rope around her neck while Fritz captured Grizzle
趁着弗里茨抓住格瑞兹,我迅速把绳子套在了野驴的脖子上。
旁白 neutral
Despite the wild donkey's kicking and struggling, I managed to lead her back to Falconhurst
尽管野驴又踢又挣扎,我还是设法把它牵回了鹰巢。
旁白 neutral
We tied both animals under the roots of our tree for the night
当晚,我们把两头牲口都拴在了我们那棵树的根部下面。
旁白 neutral
The next morning I realized that we needed to provide better shelter for our animals and ourselves before the rainy season arrived
第二天早上,我意识到必须在雨季来临之前,为我们的牲口和我们自己搭一个更好的住所。
旁白 neutral
In addition to our new donkey — which we named Lightfoot — three broods of chickens had recently hatched
除了我们新得的驴子——我们叫它“光脚”——最近还有三窝小鸡孵了出来。
旁白 neutral
We began by constructing walls and a roof over the roots of our tree
我们从在树根上方搭建墙壁和屋顶开始。
旁白 neutral
After fastening bamboo canes tightly together, we filled any holes with clay and moss
把竹竿紧紧绑在一起后,我们用黏土和苔藓填满所有的缝隙。
旁白 neutral
Then we coated the roof and walls with tar to make everything waterproof
然后我们在屋顶和墙壁上涂上焦油,让一切都防水。
旁白 neutral
I divided the space into rooms
我把空间划分成几个房间。
旁白 neutral
Stables, henhouse, kitchen, and dining room were soon all under one roof
马厩、鸡舍、厨房和餐厅很快都归到了同一个屋檐下。
旁白 neutral
Every day we loaded our cart with provisions for our winter quarters: cassava, potatoes, coconuts, and other foods
我们每天往推车上装载冬季住所的补给品:木薯、马铃薯、椰子和其他食物。
旁白 neutral
One day when we were out gathering nuts, Ernest found a nest made from long, broad grass
有一天我们外出采集坚果时,厄尼斯特发现了一个用又长又宽的草做的窝。
旁白 neutral
" I'll take some of this grass home for Franz," said Ernest, waving a piece around
“我要带些这种草回家给弗朗茨,”厄尼斯特说着,手里挥动着一根草。
旁白 neutral
" He can pretend it's a sword."
“他可以把它假想成一把剑。”
旁白 neutral
When we arrived home, Franz was delighted with his new toy
我们回到家时,弗朗茨看到他的新玩具开心极了。
旁白 neutral
But Mother was even happier
但妈妈更开心。
旁白 neutral
" That's not grass," she said
“那不是草,”她说。
旁白 neutral
" That's flax. Once it's properly prepared, I can make linen for clothing."
“那是亚麻。一旦处理好,我就能织出亚麻布来做衣服了。”
旁白 neutral
So we added soaking the flax in water to our tasks
于是,我们把浸泡亚麻也加到了任务清单里。
旁白 neutral
Soon the rain began to fall, and we had to retreat to our shelter under the roots
不久,雨开始下起来,我们不得不退回到树根下的庇护所。
旁白 neutral
We carried down any furniture or household items that might be damaged by the moisture
我们搬下了所有可能被湿气损坏的家具或家居用品。
旁白 neutral
With our beds all around us, our dwelling was crowded indeed
床铺都围在我们身边,我们的住所确实很拥挤。
旁白 neutral
We gradually rearranged our things so that we had more room
我们逐渐重新整理了东西,腾出了更多空间。
旁白 neutral
During the day we sent our formerly wild animals outside
白天,我们把那些曾被驯养的野生动物赶到外面去。
旁白 neutral
We figured that they were used to surviving the rainy season
我们觉得它们应该习惯了在雨季生存。
旁白 neutral
Every night Fritz and I went outside to bring them back in
每晚,弗里茨和我都会出去把它们带回来。
旁白 neutral
And every night we returned home soaked to the skin
而每晚我们回到家时都浑身湿透。
旁白 neutral
" You need waterproof suits," said my wife." Let me make some for you."
“你们需要防水服,”我妻子说,“我来给你们做几件。”
旁白 neutral
First she sewed a hood to a heavy shirt
她先把兜帽缝到一件厚衬衫上。
旁白 neutral
Then she attached the shirt to some pants
然后她把衬衫连到一些裤子上。
旁白 neutral
She coated the whole outfit with layers of rubber to produce a wonderful waterproof suit
她给整套衣服涂上一层又一层的橡胶,做成了一套完美的防水服。
旁白 neutral
Time dragged despite our efforts to keep busy
尽管我们尽力保持忙碌,时间还是过得很慢。
旁白 neutral
Our days were occupied with caring for our animals and doing chores
我们的日子就花在照料动物和做家务上。
旁白 neutral
In the evenings I wrote in my journal while my wife sewed
晚上,我在日记里写作,妻子则缝缝补补。
旁白 neutral
Ernest made sketches of the birds, animals, and flowers that he had encountered since our arrival
欧内斯特画下了我们抵达以来遇到的各种鸟、动物和花的素描。
旁白 neutral
Fritz and Jack taught little Franz to read
弗里茨和杰克教小弗朗茨认字。
旁白 neutral
At last the rainy season was over
雨季终于结束了。
旁白 neutral
We climbed up to our nest and found it filled with broken branches
我们爬上树屋,发现里面填满了折断的树枝。
旁白 neutral
" Is Falconhurst ruined?" cried Franz
“鹰巢毁了吗?”弗朗茨喊道。
旁白 neutral
" No, no, my boy," I reassured him
“不,不,孩子,”我安慰他道。
旁白 neutral
" There's nothing here that a few days of hard work can't fix."
“这里没有什么事是几天苦干不能修好的。”
旁白 neutral
I was more worried about Tentholm
我更担心帐篷营地。
旁白 neutral
And sure enough we found that the tent was blown down and the canvas torn to rags
果然,我们发现帐篷被吹倒了,帆布被撕成了碎片。
旁白 neutral
Our provisions were soaked, and two kegs of gunpowder were ruined
我们的补给品浸湿了,两桶火药也毁了。
旁白 neutral
The sailboat was safe, but the tub boat had been destroyed by the waves
帆船安然无恙,但木桶船被海浪摧毁了。
旁白 neutral
" We need to find a better place to spend the rainy season," I said to Fritz
“我们需要找个更好的地方过雨季,”我对弗里茨说。
旁白 neutral
He looked at the rocky cliffs surrounding Tentholm
他看了看帐篷营地周围的岩壁。
旁白 neutral
" Maybe we could hollow out a cave in the rock."
“也许我们可以在岩石里挖出一个洞穴来。”
旁白 neutral
A few days later we loaded up our cart with hammers, chisels, pickaxes, and crowbars
几天后,我们在板车上装上了锤子、凿子、镐和撬棍。
旁白 neutral
The three older boys and I battered away at the rock without making much progress
我和三个大点的男孩不停地敲打岩石,但进展不大。
旁白 neutral
But on the tenth day, Jack suddenly shouted," I lost my crowbar!
但到了第十天,杰克突然喊道:“我的撬棍掉了!
旁白 neutral
It fell through a hole and I heard it crash down inside!"
它掉进一个洞里,我听到它哐当一声砸到里面了!”
旁白 neutral
We rushed to his side." There must be a cavern in there," I said
我们冲到他身边。“里面一定有个洞穴,”我说。
旁白 neutral
With a shout of joy, the boys attacked the rock
孩子们欢呼着,向岩石发起攻击。
旁白 neutral
And soon the hole was large enough for us to enter the cave
很快,洞口大到我们可以进入洞穴了。