Level 6 · 瑞士家庭鲁滨逊
🎬

E03 · Episodes

003 椰子和猴子

椰子和猴子

Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 3 — 椰子和猴子.

64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The roosters woke me at daybreak, and I then woke my wife

天亮时公鸡把我叫醒,然后我叫醒了妻子。

旁白 neutral

In the quiet interval before the boys were up, we discussed our situation

趁着孩子们还没起床的安静间隙,我们商量了一下处境。

旁白 neutral

" Do you think any sailors reached land?" she asked me

“你觉得有水手成功上岸吗?”她问我。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know, but we need to find out," I replied

“我不知道,但我们需要查清楚。”我回答。

旁白 neutral

" We also need to learn more about this place where we're stranded."

“我们还需要多了解这个我们被困住的地方。”

旁白 neutral

We decided that Fritz and I would start on an expedition after breakfast

我们决定吃完早饭后,弗里茨和我出发去探险。

旁白 neutral

My wife would remain near our landing place with the other boys

我的妻子会和其他孩子留在我们的上岸地点附近。

旁白 neutral

After packing up some food and water, Fritz and I set out

收拾了一些食物和水之后,弗里茨和我出发了。

旁白 neutral

We walked upstream until we reached a waterfall

我们沿溪流往上游走,直到来到一个瀑布前。

旁白 neutral

Then we crossed the stream using several large rocks as stepping stones

然后用几块大石头当踏脚石过了小溪。

旁白 neutral

On the other side of the stream was a field of tall grass

小溪的另一边是一片高高的草地。

旁白 neutral

We had just begun to force our way through the grass when we heard a rustling sound

我们刚开始费力穿过草地,就听到一阵沙沙声。

旁白 neutral

Turning around, we saw the grass waving as if some animal were passing through

转过身,我们看到草丛在晃动,好像有什么动物正在穿过。

旁白 neutral

Fritz brought his gun to his shoulder

弗里茨把枪举到肩上。

旁白 neutral

" Turk!" cried Fritz, lowering his gun as the dog approached

“特克!”弗里茨喊道,一边放低枪,因为那条狗走近了。

旁白 neutral

" It's a good thing you didn't fire," I said

“幸好你没开枪,”我说。

旁白 neutral

The three of us headed toward the beach to search for any sign of the sailors

我们三个朝着海滩走去,寻找水手们的任何踪迹。

旁白 neutral

We pushed on until we came to a grove of trees stretching down to the water's edge

我们继续前进,来到一片一直延伸到水边的小树林。

旁白 neutral

A thousand brightly colored birds twittered in the branches above

无数色彩鲜艳的鸟儿在头顶的树枝上啾啾鸣叫。

旁白 neutral

As we gazed up at them, Fritz stumbled over a round object on the ground

当我们抬头凝视它们时,弗里茨被地上一个圆圆的东西绊倒了。

旁白 neutral

" This must be a bird's nest," he said

“这一定是个鸟巢,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" Every round, hairy thing is not a bird's nest." I laughed

“不是每个圆圆的、毛茸茸的东西都是鸟巢。”我笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" This is a coconut, and it should be full of delicious liquid."

“这是个椰子,里面应该装满了美味的汁液。”

旁白 neutral

We split the coconut open, but found that it had dried up

我们把椰子劈开,却发现它已经干掉了。

旁白 neutral

Moving on, we came to some trees with strange bumps on their trunks

继续前行,我们来到一些树前,树干上长着奇怪的疙瘩。

旁白 neutral

" Those are calabash trees," I said, recognizing them from travel books

“那些是葫芦树,”我说,我在游记书里读到过,所以认了出来。

旁白 neutral

" The bumps are gourds. The natives make bowls, spoons, and bottles from gourds, and even cooking vessels."

“这些疙瘩就是葫芦。当地人用葫芦做碗、勺子和瓶子,甚至炊具。”

旁白 neutral

" That's impossible!" Fritz pointed out

“那不可能!”弗里茨指出。

旁白 neutral

" A gourd would burn if it were set on the fire."

“葫芦放在火上会烧着的。”

旁白 neutral

" The natives don't set the gourd on the fire," I replied

“当地人并不把葫芦直接放在火上烧,”我回答。

旁白 neutral

" They cut it in two and hollow it out

他们把葫芦切成两半,挖空内部。

旁白 neutral

Then they fill it with water and food

然后放入水和食物。

旁白 neutral

Next they add red-hot stones until the water boils and the food is done."

接着加入烧红的石头,直到水沸腾,食物煮熟。

旁白 neutral

" How clever!" said Fritz

“真聪明!”弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

We cut some gourds and left them to pick up on our way home

我们摘下一些葫芦,留待回家路上再取。

旁白 neutral

For three hours we kept walking. At last we came to a piece of land that stretched into the sea

我们连续走了三个小时,最后来到一块延伸到海里的土地上。

旁白 neutral

From its rocky summit, I knew we could obtain a good view of the surrounding country

从它岩石的顶端,我知道可以饱览周围地区的景色。

旁白 neutral

We reached the top with little difficulty

我们毫不费力地爬到了山顶。

旁白 neutral

Before us stretched a wide and lovely bay, and the scene inland was no less beautiful

眼前是一片宽阔美丽的海湾,内陆的景色也同样迷人。

旁白 neutral

But both Fritz and I felt lonely as we realized we were the only people there

但意识到那里只有我们两个人,弗里茨和我都感到孤独。

旁白 neutral

" Cheer up, Fritz," I said

"打起精神来,弗里茨," 我说。

旁白 neutral

" Remember that we chose a settler's life when we left Switzerland, although we didn't expect to be so utterly alone."

"记得我们离开瑞士时,选择了定居者的生活,尽管没料到会这么彻底地孤单。"

旁白 neutral

We descended the hill and headed toward a clump of palm trees

我们下了山,朝一丛棕榈树走去。

旁白 neutral

But to reach them we had to pass through a dense thicket of reeds

但要到那儿,必须先穿过一片茂密的芦苇丛。

旁白 neutral

Fearing that we might encounter a snake, I broke off a reed for a weapon

怕遇到蛇,我折断一根芦苇当武器。

旁白 neutral

I soon noticed liquid dripping from one end

我很快注意到有液体从一端滴下来。

旁白 neutral

When I tasted it, I realized the reeds were sugarcanes

一尝,我发现这些芦苇是甘蔗。

旁白 neutral

" Fritz, we must cut some of these for Mother."

"弗里茨,我们得砍些给妈妈。"

旁白 neutral

We cut as many as we could carry and continued toward the palm trees

我们尽量多砍了些能带走的,然后继续向棕榈树走去。

旁白 neutral

As we emerged from the sugarcane thicket, we spotted a troop of monkeys playing under the palm trees

走出甘蔗丛时,我们瞧见一群猴子在棕榈树下玩耍。

旁白 neutral

They quickly climbed to the top of the trees

它们飞快地爬到了树顶。

旁白 neutral

" Monkeys are natural mimics," I said." Watch this."

"猴子天生爱模仿," 我说。"瞧着。"

旁白 neutral

I gathered some stones and tossed them up toward the monkeys

我捡了些石头,朝猴子们扔上去。

旁白 neutral

They instantly seized all the coconuts within reach and tossed them down to us

它们立刻抓起所有够得着的椰子,朝我们扔下来。

旁白 neutral

Fritz was delighted with my trick and gathered up some of the finest coconuts

弗里茨对我的小计俩高兴极了,捡起几个最好的椰子。

旁白 neutral

These were fresh, so I made some holes in the shells and we enjoyed the delicious liquid inside

这些椰子很新鲜,于是我在壳上钻了几个洞,我们享用了里面美味的汁水。

旁白 neutral

Then I cut the coconuts in two and we ate the meat that lined their shells

然后我把椰子切成两半,我们吃了贴在壳内壁的椰肉。

旁白 neutral

It was now time to head home

该回家了。

旁白 neutral

We walked slowly with our load of sugarcanes and coconuts

我们背着甘蔗和椰子,慢步走着。

旁白 neutral

Turk bounded ahead of us and surprised another troop of monkeys playing on the ground

特克冲在前头,惊动了一群在地上玩耍的猴子。

旁白 neutral

They all escaped except for a little one, who tried to hide in the grass

它们全跑了,只剩一只小的,想藏在草丛里。

旁白 neutral

Fritz rushed to its rescue, flinging away all he was carrying and losing his hat in his haste

弗里茨冲过去救它,把手里的东西全扔了,匆忙中帽子也掉了。

旁白 neutral

With one leap, the monkey was on his shoulders, holding tight to Fritz's thick, curly hair

猴子一跃跳到他肩上,紧紧抓住弗里茨浓密卷曲的头发。

旁白 neutral

" Help!" cried Fritz as he tried to pull the creature off." Help me, Father!"

"救命!" 弗里茨喊着,拼命想把那小东西扯下来。"救救我,爸爸!"