Level 6 · 瑞士家庭鲁滨逊
🎬

E01 · Episodes

001 船难

船难

Little Fox Level 6 · The Swiss Family Robinson · Episode 1 — 船难.

64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

For seven days our ship had been tossed at sea

我们的船已经在海上颠簸了七天。

旁白 neutral

The broken masts had gone overboard

断裂的桅杆早已掉进海里。

旁白 neutral

Leaks had sprung everywhere, and the water was rising rapidly as the raging storm grew stronger

到处都出现了裂缝,随着肆虐的风暴越来越强,船里的水正迅速上涨。

旁白 neutral

My wife, Elizabeth, gathered our four young sons around her in our cabin

我的妻子伊丽莎白把四个年幼的儿子聚拢在船舱里,围在她身边。

旁白 neutral

She was encouraging them with calm and loving words

她正用平静而慈爱的话语鼓励着他们。

旁白 neutral

This was not the scene we had pictured when we set out from Switzerland to establish a new colony

这可不是我们从瑞士出发去建立新殖民地时所想象的场景。

旁白 neutral

Amid the roar of the thundering waves, I suddenly heard a seaman cry," Land! Land!"

在一片雷鸣般的波涛怒吼声中,我突然听到一个水手喊道:“陆地!陆地!”

旁白 neutral

At the same instant, the ship struck something with a jolt that threw everyone to the deck of the cabin

就在同一瞬间,船猛然撞上了什么东西,把每个人都甩到了船舱的地板上。

旁白 neutral

Above the dreadful sounds of the ship breaking up, I heard the captain shout," Lower the lifeboats! Abandon ship!"

在船体碎裂的可怕声音之上,我听到船长喊道:“放下救生艇!弃船!”

旁白 neutral

" Abandon ship!" I exclaimed. The words went like a dagger through my heart

“弃船!”我惊叫道。这些话像一把匕首刺穿了我的心。

旁白 neutral

But seeing my children's terror, I hid my own fear

但看到孩子们的恐惧,我藏起了自己的害怕。

旁白 neutral

" Take courage, my boys!" I cried." We're all still above water

“鼓起勇气,孩子们!”我喊道。“我们都还活着。

旁白 neutral

There is land nearby. Let's do our best to reach it."

附近有陆地。让我们尽力到达那里。”

旁白 neutral

With that I went up on deck

说完我便上了甲板。

旁白 neutral

Imagine my horror when I saw all the lifeboats out on the water

想象一下我看到所有救生艇都在水上时有多恐惧。

旁白 neutral

The crew had abandoned us!

船员们已经抛弃了我们!

旁白 neutral

But as I looked around in despair, I realized that our situation was not hopeless

但当我绝望地环顾四周时,我意识到我们的处境并非毫无希望。

旁白 neutral

Although the bow of the ship had been destroyed, our cabin remained unbroken in the stern

虽然船头已被毁坏,但我们在船尾的船舱仍然完好无损。

旁白 neutral

I could just make out some land through the rain

透过雨幕,我隐约能辨认出一些陆地。

旁白 neutral

I returned to my family and forced a smile

我回到家人身边,强颜欢笑。

旁白 neutral

" If the wind and waves die down tomorrow, we can go ashore."

“如果明天风浪平息了,我们就可以上岸了。”

旁白 neutral

" Then we must find food," said my wife

“那我们得找食物,”我的妻子说。

旁白 neutral

" We'll need all our strength tomorrow."

“明天我们需要全部的力气。”

旁白 neutral

After a good supper, the three youngest boys — Ernest, 13; Jack, 11; and Franz, 8 — were soon asleep

美美地吃过晚饭后,三个较小的男孩——13岁的欧内斯特、11岁的杰克和8岁的弗朗茨——很快就睡着了。

旁白 neutral

But at 15, Fritz was old enough to understand the danger and to stay up with us

但弗里茨15岁了,已经大到能明白眼前的危险,所以陪着我们熬夜。

旁白 neutral

" Father, you and I can swim," he said

“爸爸,你和我都会游泳,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" But don't you think we should make life preservers for Mother and the boys?"

“但你不觉得我们应该给妈妈和弟弟们做些救生衣吗?”

旁白 neutral

" An excellent idea!" I told Fritz

“好主意!”我对弗里茨说。

旁白 neutral

" Let's make some right now in case we need to escape the ship during the night."

“我们现在就做一些,以防半夜需要弃船逃生。”

旁白 neutral

We searched the ship and soon got hold of enough empty flasks and canisters

我们搜遍全船,很快就找到了足够的空瓶子和空罐子。

旁白 neutral

Connecting them together, we made life preservers, which we all quickly put on

我们把它们连在一起,做成了救生衣,然后大家迅速都穿上了。

旁白 neutral

Fritz and his brothers now slept soundly while Elizabeth and I kept watch all night

弗里茨和弟弟们现在睡得很香,而伊丽莎白和我则守了一整夜。

旁白 neutral

The next morning we gathered on the remaining portion of the deck

第二天早晨,我们聚在残存的甲板上。

旁白 neutral

" Where are the sailors?" asked my youngest son, Franz

"水手们去哪儿了?"我最小的儿子弗兰兹问道。

旁白 neutral

" Have they taken away all the boats?" asked Jack

"他们把所有的救生艇都带走了吗?"雅克问道。

旁白 neutral

I nodded gravely

我沉重地点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" The sea will soon be calm enough for swimming," Fritz reassured his younger brothers

"海面很快就会平静下来,足够游泳了。"弗里茨安慰弟弟们。

旁白 neutral

" That's fine for you and Father!" exclaimed Ernest

"对你和爸爸来说当然没问题!"欧内斯特大声说。

旁白 neutral

" But think of Mother and the rest of us!

"可你想想妈妈和我们几个吧!

旁白 neutral

Why not build a raft so we can all go ashore together?"

我们为什么不造个木筏,大家一起上岸呢?"

旁白 neutral

" It would be difficult to build a raft that would carry us safely," I said

“要造一个能安全载我们走的木筏,恐怕很难。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" But let's think about that while we explore the ship to see what might be of use to us."

“不过,我们一边搜寻船上有什么可用的东西,一边考虑这个吧。”

旁白 neutral

While I checked on the food and water, my wife took Franz to help her feed the animals on board

我去查看食物和水,妻子则带着弗朗茨帮忙喂船上的动物。

旁白 neutral

Jack went to the captain's cabin

杰克去了船长室。

旁白 neutral

When he opened the door, out sprang two large but friendly dogs!

他一打开门,就窜出两只体型很大但很友善的狗!

旁白 neutral

Back in our cabin we displayed our treasures

回到我们的船舱,我们把找到的宝贝都摆了出来。

旁白 neutral

Fritz brought a couple of guns, powder flasks, and plenty of bullets

弗里茨拿来了几支枪、火药瓶和许多子弹。

旁白 neutral

Ernest had nails, a saw, and a hammer while other tools stuck out of his pockets

欧内斯特拿了钉子、一把锯子和一把锤子,口袋里还鼓鼓囊囊地塞着其他工具。

旁白 neutral

" Look at these nice sharp hooks!" said little Franz, proudly showing us a box of fishhooks

“看这些漂亮又锋利的鱼钩!”小弗朗茨说着,自豪地给我们看一盒鱼钩。

旁白 neutral

" Well done, Franz!" I said." Those may save our lives by keeping us fed."

“干得好,弗朗茨!”我说。“这些鱼钩或许能让我们有东西吃,从而救我们的命。”

旁白 neutral

" I have some good news," said my dear wife

“我有个好消息,”我亲爱的妻子说。

旁白 neutral

" Some useful animals are still alive: a cow, a donkey, two goats, six sheep, and a fine pig."

“有些有用的动物还活着:一头奶牛、一头驴子、两只山羊、六只绵羊,还有一头不错的猪。”

旁白 neutral

" Now we just have to figure out how to get ashore," I said

“现在我们只需要想办法上岸了。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" Can't we each get into a big tub and float there?" said Jack

“我们能不能每人坐进一个大木盆里漂过去?”杰克说。

旁白 neutral

" I've often sailed like that around the pond at home."

“我在家里的池塘就经常那样划着玩。”

旁白 neutral

" A splendid idea!" I said

“好主意!”我说。

旁白 neutral

We soon found four tall wooden casks floating in the hold

我们很快在底舱找到了四个漂浮着的高大木桶。

旁白 neutral

After dragging them on deck, we managed — with some difficulty — to saw them in half

把它们拖上甲板后,我们费了些力气,成功把它们锯成了两半。

旁白 neutral

I was proud of our work, but my wife looked in dismay at the eight tubs

我对我们的成果很自豪,但妻子却沮丧地看着那八个木盆。

旁白 neutral

" I'll never get into one of those!" she declared

“我绝不坐进这种东西里!”她宣称道。

旁白 neutral

" Just wait," I said

“等着瞧,”我说。

旁白 neutral

I arranged my tubs in a row, connecting them with planks along the bottom and sides

我把木盆排成一排,用木板沿着底部和两侧把它们连接起来。

旁白 neutral

When I finished, I was confident our boat would be perfectly safe in smooth water

完成后,我很有信心,我们这艘小船在平静的水面上会非常安全。

旁白 neutral

There was only one problem: Our boat was so heavy that we couldn't move it an inch

只是有一个问题:我们的船太重了,我们一点都挪不动它。