Level 7 · 单集故事
🎬

E56 · Episodes

056 阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特的日记

阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特的日记

Little Fox Level 7 · Single Stories · Episode 56 — 阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特的日记.

75 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

This is the story of Amelia Earhart

这是阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特的故事。

旁白 neutral

She was an airplane pilot and a great American hero

她是一名飞机驾驶员,也是一位伟大的美国英雄。

旁白 neutral

On July 2, 1937, the airplane that Amelia Earhart was flying crashed near Howland Island in the Pacific Ocean

1937年7月2日,阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特驾驶的飞机在太平洋的豪兰岛附近坠毁。

旁白 neutral

For many months people searched for Amelia Earhart's plane, but it was never found

人们搜寻了阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特的飞机好几个月,但始终没有找到。

旁白 neutral

Since 1937 there have been many other expeditions to find Amelia's plane, but no one has been able to find it

自1937年以来,又有许多探险队试图寻找阿梅莉亚的飞机,但没人能找到它。

旁白 neutral

Amelia Earhart was born on July 24, 1897, to Amy and Edwin Earhart

阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特于1897年7月24日出生,父母是艾米和埃德温·埃尔哈特。

旁白 neutral

She was born in Kansas City, but lived all over the United States

她出生在堪萨斯城,但居住在美国各地。

旁白 neutral

When she was ten, her family moved to Iowa. Amelia began keeping a diary

十岁时,她家搬到了爱荷华州。阿梅莉亚开始写日记。

旁白 neutral

July 1908: " Today is my tenth birthday

1908年7月:“今天是我十岁的生日。

旁白 neutral

It was a great day. Father took us to the Iowa State Fair

那天很棒。父亲带我们去了爱荷华州博览会。

旁白 neutral

It was very exciting. I saw an airplane for the first time

那天特别令人激动。我第一次见到了飞机。

旁白 neutral

It was a strange-looking thing, and I can't imagine anyone flying in it."

那东西模样古怪,很难想象有人会坐着它飞上天。”

旁白 neutral

In 1917, during World War I, Amelia went to visit her sister at school in Canada

1917年,第一次世界大战期间,阿梅莉亚去加拿大看望上学的妹妹。

旁白 neutral

While she was there, she decided to train as a nurse

在那里时,她决定接受护士培训。

旁白 neutral

She served as a volunteer at a military hospital in Toronto and helped heal many soldiers until the war ended in 1918

她在多伦多的一家军医院做志愿者,照料伤员,一直坚持到1918年战争结束。

旁白 neutral

November 1918: " The war has finally ended, and I am going back to the United States

1918年11月:“战争终于结束了,我要回美国了。

旁白 neutral

It was a terrible war. I tried to help as many soldiers as I could, but many men died

这场战争太可怕了。我尽力去救助更多士兵,但还是有很多人没能活下来。

旁白 neutral

I hope there is never another war."

我希望永远不要再有战争了。”

旁白 neutral

After the war Amelia went to California to be with her mother and father

战争结束后,阿梅莉亚去了加州,与父母团聚。

旁白 neutral

It was in California that Amelia fell in love with flying

正是在加州,阿梅莉亚爱上了飞行。

旁白 neutral

December 1920: " A few days ago, I had the most exhilarating day of my life

1920年12月:“几天前,我度过了人生中最令人兴奋的一天。

旁白 neutral

I went with Father to Daugherty Field

我和爸爸一起去了多赫蒂机场。

旁白 neutral

We watched an air show. Today I got a chance to fly in an airplane, and I loved it! I have to fly again."

我们看了一场飞行表演。今天我得到机会坐了一次飞机,我爱上了这种感觉!我还要再飞。”

旁白 neutral

January 1921: " I met Neta today. She is going to give me flying lessons

1921年1月:“我今天见到了妮塔。她会给我上飞行课。

旁白 neutral

I am going to become an airplane pilot!"

我要成为一名飞行员!”

旁白 neutral

March 1921: " This was the worst day of my life

1921年3月:“这是我人生中最糟糕的一天。

旁白 neutral

I had another accident in my airplane

我的飞机又出了事故。

旁白 neutral

Neta thinks that I may never be a good pilot

妮塔觉得我可能永远当不了一个好飞行员。

旁白 neutral

Mother and Father agree with her and want me to stop flying

妈妈和爸爸也同意她,想让我别再飞了。

旁白 neutral

But I will never stop. Flying is my life now

但我绝不会放弃。飞行现在就是我的生命。

旁白 neutral

I will show them that I can be a great pilot

我会向他们证明我能成为优秀的飞行员。

旁白 neutral

I will become the best pilot ever."

我要成为有史以来最棒的飞行员。”

旁白 neutral

June 1921: " Today I bought an airplane and named it the Canary

1921年6月:“今天我买了一架飞机,给它取名‘金丝雀’。

旁白 neutral

Unfortunately I got into a very small accident when I was landing the plane. But tomorrow will be better."

不幸的是,降落时我出了个小事故。但明天会更好。”

旁白 neutral

Amelia never gave up. She worked very hard for the next seven years and became an excellent pilot

阿梅莉亚从不放弃。接下来七年她非常努力,成了一名出色的飞行员。

旁白 neutral

During those seven years, she also became famous

那七年里,她也变得有名了。

旁白 neutral

In fact, the Boston Globe called her the best woman pilot in the United States

事实上,《波士顿环球报》称她为美国最佳女飞行员。

旁白 neutral

April 1928: " I am so excited. Today I got a call from Captain Railey

1928年4月:“我太激动了。今天我接到了雷利上尉的电话。

旁白 neutral

He asked me to become the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean

他邀请我成为第一位飞越大西洋的女性。

旁白 neutral

I will be the captain of the flight, and two men will come with me

我将担任这趟飞行的机长,有两名男性与我同行。

旁白 neutral

But my dream is to fly across the Atlantic Ocean by myself."

但我的梦想,是独自飞越大西洋。”

旁白 neutral

May 1932: " I did it! I flew across the Atlantic by myself

1932年5月:“我做到了!我独自飞越了大西洋。

旁白 neutral

It was not easy, but I persisted. I encountered a thunderstorm and heavy fog

过程很艰难,但我坚持了下来。途中遇到了雷暴和浓雾。

旁白 neutral

All I had to eat on the trip was two cans of tomato juice

整个旅程中,我只吃了两罐番茄汁。

旁白 neutral

I had hoped to land in Paris, France, but because of the storm, I landed in Ireland."

我原本希望在法国巴黎降落,但因为暴风雨,我降落在了爱尔兰。”

旁白 neutral

June 1932: " What a day! First, there was a parade for me in New York City

1932年6月:“多么美好的一天!首先,纽约市为我举行了一场游行。

旁白 neutral

Thousands of people came out onto the street to cheer for me

成千上万的人走上街头为我欢呼。

旁白 neutral

I felt like a hero. Later I flew to Washington DC and went to the White House

我感觉自己像个英雄。后来,我飞到了华盛顿特区,去了白宫。

旁白 neutral

President Hoover presented me with an award."

胡佛总统为我颁了奖。”

旁白 neutral

After her solo Atlantic flight, Amelia was very famous

那次独自飞越大西洋后,阿梅莉亚声名大噪。

旁白 neutral

Her next goal was to fly around the world

她的下一个目标是环球飞行。

旁白 neutral

December 1936: " I have decided to fly all the way around the world

1936年12月:“我已决定要飞遍全世界。

旁白 neutral

I will be the first woman to do it. But even more important, I will fly around the world at the equator

我将是首位做到这点的女性。但更重要的是,我将沿着赤道环游世界。

旁白 neutral

If I succeed, it will be the longest distance ever traveled in one airplane trip

如果我成功了,那将是有史以来单次飞行旅行的最长航程。

旁白 neutral

Not even any man has flown so far

甚至还没有任何男性飞过这么远。

旁白 neutral

The trip will need careful planning and preparation

这次旅行需要周密的计划和准备。

旁白 neutral

I will have to do a trial flight to test equipment, and I'll have to carefully research the best route."

我必须进行一次试飞来测试设备,还必须仔细研究最佳航线。”

旁白 neutral

May 1937: " I said good-bye to my friends, my family, and many of my new fans today

1937年5月:“今天,我向我的朋友、家人以及许多新粉丝告了别。

旁白 neutral

I have begun my journey around the world

我已经开始了我的环球之旅。

旁白 neutral

It will take about a month. Today I flew from California and I will land in Florida in a few days."

这大约需要一个月时间。今天我从加利福尼亚出发,几天后我将降落在弗罗里达。”

旁白 neutral

During her long trip, Amelia continued writing her diary

在漫长的旅途中,阿梅莉亚坚持写日记。

旁白 neutral

Whenever she landed, she found a way to send her diary entries home to her husband, George Putnam

每次降落时,她都会想办法把日记内容寄回家给她的丈夫,乔治·普特南。

旁白 neutral

Her last entry was in July 1937. It was very short

她的最后一篇日记是在1937年7月,篇幅很短。

旁白 neutral

" Tomorrow I will be flying over Howland Island. I hope it is a nice day."

“明天我将飞越豪兰岛。我希望天气会好。”

旁白 neutral

Then, the very next day, her plane crashed near Howland Island

然后,就在第二天,她的飞机在豪兰岛附近坠毁了。

旁白 neutral

Immediately searchers went out to find her

搜救人员立刻出发去寻找她。

旁白 neutral

President Roosevelt sent 9 Navy ships and 66 airplanes

罗斯福总统派出了9艘海军舰艇和66架飞机。

旁白 neutral

They searched for almost a month, but could not find her

他们搜寻了将近一个月,但没能找到她。

旁白 neutral

Still to this day, no one has been able to find her plane

直到今天,依然没有人能找到她的飞机。

旁白 neutral

Amelia Earhart was a courageous and brave woman

阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特是一位富有胆识、勇敢无畏的女性。

旁白 neutral

Before she left on her flight around the world, Amelia wrote this letter to her husband:

在她启程进行环球飞行之前,阿梅莉亚给丈夫写了这封信:

旁白 neutral

Dear George

亲爱的乔治:

旁白 neutral

Please know I am aware that this trip will be dangerous, but I must make it

请你知道,我清楚这次旅行会有危险,但我必须完成它。

旁白 neutral

Women must try to do the things that men have done

女性必须尝试去做男性已经做过的事情。

旁白 neutral

Even if I fail, I hope that my adventure will challenge other women to try

即使我失败了,我希望我的冒险能激励其他女性去尝试。