E40 · Episodes
040 最棒的假期
最棒的假期
Little Fox Level 7 · Single Stories · Episode 40 — 最棒的假期.
90 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" I'm going to miss you, Brenda," Leah said on the last day of school
“我会想你的,布兰达,”莉亚在学期最后一天说。
旁白 neutral
" I'll call you when I get back from New York," Brenda promised
“我从纽约回来就给你打电话,”布兰达保证道。
旁白 neutral
" Where is your family going for summer vacation, Leah?" asked Kylie
“你们家暑假要去哪里,莉亚?”凯莉问。
旁白 neutral
" I don't know yet," Leah admitted." But I hope it's somewhere awesome."
“我还不知道呢,”莉亚承认道,“但我希望是个很棒的地方。”
旁白 neutral
That evening Leah asked her mother about their family's vacation plans
那天晚上,莉亚问妈妈家里的度假计划。
旁白 neutral
" Actually your dad and I were going to discuss that with you and Paul tonight," Mom said
“其实我和你爸爸打算今晚跟你和保罗一起商量这件事,”妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
" Is it a surprise?" Leah asked excitedly
“是个惊喜吗?”莉亚兴奋地问。
旁白 neutral
" Yes," Mom answered mysteriously." It's somewhere both new and familiar."
“是的,”妈妈神秘地回答,“是一个既新鲜又熟悉的地方。”
旁白 neutral
" Hmm," Leah thought curiously." Where could it be?"
“嗯,”莉亚好奇地想,“会是哪里呢?”
旁白 neutral
Leah was definitely looking forward to her family's trip this year
莉亚的确很期待今年全家的旅行。
旁白 neutral
A year earlier an unexpected hardship had occurred
一年前,一件意想不到的困境发生了。
旁白 neutral
" My company decided to lay off workers," Leah's dad had told them one night at dinner
“我公司决定裁员了,”一天晚上吃饭时,莉亚的爸爸告诉他们。
旁白 neutral
" What does ' lay off ' mean?" Leah asked
“裁员是什么意思?”莉亚问道。
旁白 neutral
" It means they are cutting jobs, including mine," he informed her sadly
“就是说他们在削减职位,包括我的,”他难过地告诉她。
旁白 neutral
" I'll find another job, but it might take some time."
“我会再找份工作,但这可能需要一些时间。”
旁白 neutral
Months had passed before Dad found another job
几个月过去后,爸爸才找到另一份工作。
旁白 neutral
He was relieved to be working again, but his new salary was much lower than his old salary
再次有工作让他松了一口气,但他的新薪水比原来低了很多。
旁白 neutral
That meant everyone in the family still had to make sacrifices
这意味着家里的每个人都还得做出牺牲。
旁白 neutral
Leah had to give up taking art classes
莉亚不得不放弃上美术课。
旁白 neutral
" When our finances improve, you can resume your art lessons," Dad promised
“等我们家经济情况好转了,你就可以重新上美术课了,”爸爸承诺道。
旁白 neutral
That night the family sat down together
那天晚上,一家人围坐在一起。
旁白 neutral
" We've been considering where to go this year," Dad began
“我们一直在考虑今年去哪儿,”爸爸开口说道。
旁白 neutral
" We want to go somewhere to relax and enjoy time together as a family," added Mom
“我们想去一个能放松身心、享受家庭时光的地方,”妈妈补充道。
旁白 neutral
" And finally we thought of the best place to do that."
“最后我们想到了一个最完美的地方。”
旁白 neutral
" Where is it?" Leah blurted out
“是哪里?”莉亚脱口而出。
旁白 neutral
Her parents exchanged glances." At home!" they said in unison
父母交换了一个眼神。“就在家里!”他们异口同声地说。
旁白 neutral
Paul and Leah were stunned." Are you kidding?" Paul asked
保罗和莉亚目瞪口呆。“你们在开玩笑吧?”保罗问道。
旁白 neutral
Mom and Dad shook their heads." We're perfectly serious," said Mom
爸爸妈妈摇了摇头。“我们是绝对认真的,”妈妈说。
旁白 neutral
" We're not going to Disneyland? Or Vancouver?" Leah asked in dismay
“我们不去迪士尼乐园了吗?也不去温哥华了?”莉亚沮丧地问。
旁白 neutral
" You don't have to travel to an exotic destination to enjoy a vacation," Mom said cheerfully
“不一定非要去很远的地方才能享受假期呀,”妈妈愉快地说。
旁白 neutral
" But all my friends are traveling somewhere!" Leah choked back her tears." Brenda is going to New York!"
“可是我的朋友们都要去旅行!”莉亚忍住眼泪。“布伦达要去纽约!”
旁白 neutral
Her parents seemed unconcerned
她的父母显得毫不在意。
旁白 neutral
" Our vacation is for three days." Dad opened a notebook
“我们的假期是三天。”爸爸打开一个笔记本。
旁白 neutral
" And during our vacation, there are some essential rules
“假期期间,有一些基本规则。
旁白 neutral
Rule number one: No television, Internet, or telephone."
第一条:禁止电视、网络和电话。”
旁白 neutral
" What?" shouted Paul
“什么?”保罗喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Rule number two," Dad said." Each of us takes a turn preparing a meal."
“规则二,”爸爸说,“我们每人轮流做一顿饭。”
旁白 neutral
" But that's Mom's job," Leah protested
“可那是妈妈的活儿,”莉亚抗议道。
旁白 neutral
" I want a vacation too," Mom stated
“我也要休假,”妈妈说道。
旁白 neutral
" And rule number three: We spend most of our time together. We are not to isolate ourselves."
“规则三:我们大部分时间要待在一起,不许独自躲开。”
旁白 neutral
" Ugh." Leah groaned. This was going to be the strangest — and worst — family vacation ever
“唉。”莉亚呻吟着。这将会是最奇怪——也是最糟糕——的家庭假期了。
旁白 neutral
On the first day of vacation, Leah and Paul were in the family room
假期第一天,莉亚和保罗待在家庭活动室里。
旁白 neutral
Leah had found some books to read
莉亚找了几本书来看。
旁白 neutral
Paul was looking for something." Where's the remote?" he called
保罗在找东西。“遥控器在哪儿?”他喊道。
旁白 neutral
" Rule number one, Paul," Dad reminded him
“第一条规则,保罗,”爸爸提醒他。
旁白 neutral
" No television." He held up a box." How about working on this with me?"
“不许看电视。”他举起一个盒子。“和我一起做这个怎么样?”
旁白 neutral
" What is it?" asked Paul
“这是什么?”保罗问。
旁白 neutral
" A model airplane," said Dad
“一个飞机模型,”爸爸说。
旁白 neutral
Paul shrugged." Sure."
保罗耸了耸肩。“好啊。”
旁白 neutral
Mom sat down next to Leah." Can I keep you company?"
妈妈在莉亚身边坐下。“我能陪陪你吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Okay." Leah looked up from her book as her mother started working on something at the table." What's that, Mom?"
"好的。" 莉亚从书本上抬起头,看见妈妈开始在桌上忙活着什么。"那是什么,妈妈?"
旁白 neutral
" A jigsaw puzzle. And I could definitely use your help."
"一个拼图游戏。我真的很需要你的帮忙。"
旁白 neutral
Mom moved over to make room for Leah, and the two of them worked on the puzzle for awhile
妈妈挪了挪位置给莉亚腾出地方,然后她们俩一起拼了一会儿拼图。
旁白 neutral
That night Dad prepared dinner
那天晚上,爸爸准备了晚餐。
旁白 neutral
" I hope he doesn't burn the kitchen down!" whispered Mom to Leah and Paul
"我希望他别把厨房给烧了!" 妈妈小声对莉亚和保罗说。
旁白 neutral
" I hope whatever he makes is edible!" Leah said with a giggle
"我希望不管他做什么,都能吃就行!" 莉亚咯咯地笑着说。
旁白 neutral
" Hey! No insulting the chef!" Dad shouted from the kitchen
"嘿!不许说厨师的坏话!" 爸爸在厨房里喊道。
旁白 neutral
Everyone sat down and looked at the food
大家都坐下来,看着食物。
旁白 neutral
" Just try it. You're going to love it!" Dad said
"尝尝看。你们会喜欢的!" 爸爸说。
旁白 neutral
Leah wasn't sure what it was, but she sampled the meal anyway." Actually this is pretty good, Dad."
莉亚不确定这是什么,但她还是尝了一口。"其实这还挺好吃的,爸爸。"
旁白 neutral
After dinner the family looked at some old photos
晚饭后一家人看了一些老照片。
旁白 neutral
Soon everyone was trading memories about when Leah and Paul were younger
很快大家开始分享莉亚和保罗小时候的回忆。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, I remember this picture," said Mom." That was Paul's first bicycle."
“哦,我记得这张照片,”妈妈说,“那是保罗的第一辆自行车。”
旁白 neutral
" Hey, I remember that bike. What happened to it?" Paul asked
“嘿,我记得那辆自行车。它后来怎么样了?”保罗问。
旁白 neutral
The next morning Leah saw that Paul was up early
第二天早上,莉亚看到保罗起得很早。
旁白 neutral
" I'm reporting for chef duty," Paul said
“我来执行厨师职责。”保罗说。
旁白 neutral
" What are you making for breakfast, Paul?" Mom wanted to know
“你早餐做什么呢,保罗?”妈妈想知道。
旁白 neutral
" The only thing I know how to make," said Paul
“我只会做一样东西。”保罗说。
旁白 neutral
" Hot dogs? For breakfast?" Leah burst out." That sounds absolutely delicious!"
“热狗?早餐吃?”莉亚脱口而出,“听起来太好吃了!”
旁白 neutral
Later that day Leah and Paul listened to some music together
那天晚些时候,莉亚和保罗一起听了一些音乐。
旁白 neutral
And before bedtime, the family played a board game together
睡觉前,一家人一起玩了一个棋盘游戏。
旁白 neutral
It was Leah and Dad versus Paul and Mom
是莉亚和爸爸对战保罗和妈妈。
旁白 neutral
Soon Leah landed on the history category
很快莉亚走到了历史类别。
旁白 neutral
" Name the young Macedonian leader who conquered Persia at the age of 25," Paul read aloud." You can't help her, Dad!"
“说出那位在25岁时征服波斯的年轻马其顿领袖的名字,”保罗大声念道,“你不能帮她,爸爸!”
旁白 neutral
" I got it!" Leah called triumphantly." Alexander the Great!"
“我知道了!”莉亚得意地喊道,“亚历山大大帝!”
旁白 neutral
" Wow, how did you get to be so intelligent?" Dad asked
“哇,你怎么这么聪明?”爸爸问道。
旁白 neutral
On the last day of the vacation, everyone did whatever he or she wanted
假期的最后一天,每个人都做自己想做的事。
旁白 neutral
Leah read a book. Mom painted her toenails
莉亚看书。妈妈涂了脚指甲油。
旁白 neutral
Dad and Paul worked on the airplane model together
爸爸和保罗一起做飞机模型。
旁白 neutral
" Ta-da!" They proudly displayed the airplane when it was finally finished
“嗒哒!”他们终于完工后自豪地展示飞机。
旁白 neutral
" It looks fantastic," said Leah
“看起来太棒了。”莉亚说。
旁白 neutral
" Dad and I make a good team," Paul said proudly
“爸爸和我配合得真好。”保罗自豪地说。
旁白 neutral
" This was one of the most relaxing vacations I ever had," Dad announced later on
“这是我度过的最放松的假期之一。”后来爸爸宣布。
旁白 neutral
" I agree." Mom nodded." I got to spend a lot of quality time with my children and my husband."
“我同意。”妈妈点点头,“我和孩子还有丈夫度过了很多美好时光。”
旁白 neutral
" I got to build a model airplane!" Paul said, grinning at Dad
“我造了一架模型飞机!”保罗对爸爸咧嘴笑道。
旁白 neutral
Leah sat, quietly contemplating the vacation for a minute
莉亚坐着,静静回想了一会儿这个假期。
旁白 neutral
Last week she had not been looking forward to her family's vacation at all
上周她还一点也不期待家里的假期。
旁白 neutral
While her friends were traveling to faraway destinations, she'd be stuck here, with only boring stuff to do. But she had realized something
当朋友们去遥远的地方旅行时,她却困在这里,只有无聊的事情可做。但她意识到了一些事。
旁白 neutral
Leah smiled at Mom, Dad, and Paul
莉亚对妈妈、爸爸和保罗微笑。
旁白 neutral
" Spending time with your family — even when you stay at home — is the best vacation ever!"
“和家人共度时光——即使待在家里——也是最好的假期!”