Level 7 · 单集故事
🎬

E34 · Episodes

034 世界上最大的教室

世界上最大的教室

Little Fox Level 7 · Single Stories · Episode 34 — 世界上最大的教室.

49 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I go to school in the world's biggest classroom

我在世界上最大的教室里上学。

旁白 neutral

My classroom is more than double the size of the United Kingdom, more than one and a half million square kilometers

我的教室比英国面积的两倍还大,超过一百五十万平方公里。

旁白 neutral

I only see my teacher and classmates a few times a year!

我一年只见几次我的老师和同学们!

旁白 neutral

I am a student at the School of the Air

我是一名空中学校的学生。

旁白 neutral

The School of the Air is in Australia, and it teaches around one thousand students nationwide

空中学校位于澳大利亚,在全国范围内教授大约一千名学生。

旁白 neutral

Many students, like me, live in isolated places in the vast area of Australia known as the outback

很多学生像我一样,住在澳大利亚广阔的内陆地区,那里被称为内陆地带。

旁白 neutral

The outback is the huge desert-like area in the middle of Australia, away from its coasts

内陆地区是澳大利亚中部广袤的沙漠般的区域,远离海岸。

旁白 neutral

Very few people live here. My nearest classmate is a four-hour drive away, and the nearest town is a six-hour drive

这里很少有人居住。我最近的同学开车要四个小时,最近的城镇开车要六个小时。

旁白 neutral

I live at Pine Creek Cattle Station, Northern Territory, Australia

我住在澳大利亚北领地的松溪牧牛场。

旁白 neutral

Outback kids are different from city kids —

内陆的孩子和城市的孩子不一样——

旁白 neutral

I am 12 years old, but I ride a horse, work on a farm, and drive a motorcycle. I don't have a license though!

我12岁,但已经会骑马、在农场干活,还会骑摩托车。不过我没有驾照哦!

旁白 neutral

When I am 13, I will leave home and go to a boarding school in Darwin

等到13岁的时候,我就会离开家,去达尔文上寄宿学校。

旁白 neutral

Until then I will study at the School of the Air. How do I study?

在那之前,我会在空中学校学习。我该怎么上学呢?

旁白 neutral

The word " air " is a clue — the School of the Air uses the radio

“空中”这个词本身就是一个提示——空中学校通过广播来上课。

旁白 neutral

Monday to Friday I turn on the radio at eight o'clock

周一到周五,我每天早上八点整打开收音机。

旁白 neutral

First up is the assembly. During assembly we sing the national anthem and the school song

首先是晨会。晨会上,我们会唱国歌和校歌。

旁白 neutral

Then we listen to other students do something special, like play the flute, read a poem they've written, or tell some jokes

然后我们会听其他同学表演才艺,比如吹长笛、朗诵自己写的诗,或者讲笑话。

旁白 neutral

After the assembly there is lesson time for two hours

晨会结束后是两小时的上课时间。

旁白 neutral

Mom or Dad sits next to me during lessons and helps me with my homework

上课的时候,妈妈或爸爸会坐到我身边,辅导我做功课。

旁白 neutral

After lunch there are extra activities. I am in the choir

午饭后是课外活动。我参加了合唱团。

旁白 neutral

At first it's strange singing into a radio microphone by yourself, but you get used to it!

一开始,独自对着无线电麦克风唱歌感觉很奇怪,但慢慢就习惯了!

旁白 neutral

On Wednesday I learn the flute over the radio, but Friday is my favorite day

星期三我通过广播学吹长笛,但星期五是我最喜欢的一天。

旁白 neutral

After class is finished, I have a Girl Guides meeting — also on the radio! We are the Guides of the Air

下课后,我有个女童军会议——同样是通过广播进行的!我们是空中女童军。

旁白 neutral

But how do I study over the radio?

但是,我是怎么通过广播学习的呢?

旁白 neutral

First, I use a two-way radio, which means I can talk and listen to my teacher and the other students

首先,我使用双向无线电,这意味着我可以和老师以及其他同学互相交谈和倾听。

旁白 neutral

Second, I use the Internet to email my teacher and look at websites for information and research

其次,我使用互联网给老师发电子邮件,并浏览网站查找信息和做研究。

旁白 neutral

Third, every two weeks my teacher sends me books and homework through the mail

第三,每两周,我的老师会通过邮件给我寄来书本和家庭作业。

旁白 neutral

Fourth, I attend a school camp a few times a year, where I meet my teacher and my classmates face-to-face!

第四,我每年参加几次学校露营,那时就能和老师以及同学们面对面见面了!

旁白 neutral

Finally, my teacher comes and stays at my house for one week a year

最后,我的老师每年会来我家里住一个星期。

旁白 neutral

Fifty years ago the School of the Air was very different

五十年前,空中学校可是大不相同的。

旁白 neutral

In those days the Flying Doctor was the only radio contact for people living in isolation

那时候,飞行医生是偏远地区居民唯一的无线电联系方式。

旁白 neutral

The Flying Doctor service is made up of doctors and nurses who fly to people in remote areas who need medical care

飞行医生服务由医生和护士组成,他们飞往偏远地区为需要医疗护理的人提供服务。

旁白 neutral

They give people medicine and medical advice or take them to the hospital

他们为人们提供药物和医疗建议,或者带他们去医院。

旁白 neutral

The Flying Doctor's radio, however, wasn't used just for medical news or advice

然而,飞行医生的无线电并不仅仅用于医疗消息或建议。

旁白 neutral

It also broadcast local news with its weekly galah session

它还通过每周的“粉红凤头鹦鹉闲聊时间”播报本地新闻。

旁白 neutral

A galah is an Australian bird that chatters a lot, and during the galah sessions, people talked to each other on the radio

粉红凤头鹦鹉是一种很爱叽叽喳喳叫的澳大利亚鸟类,在“粉红凤头鹦鹉闲聊时间”里,人们通过无线电互相交谈。

旁白 neutral

Adelaide Miethke was a teacher in Alice Springs

阿德莱德·米思克是爱丽丝泉的一位老师。

旁白 neutral

She listened to the galah sessions on the radio and recognized that outback kids were very shy

她在广播里收听“粉红凤头鹦鹉闲聊时间”时,发现内陆的孩子们非常害羞,

旁白 neutral

because they didn't get to meet other children very often

因为他们不常有机会见到其他孩子。

旁白 neutral

Adelaide Miethke suggested to the government that they start the School of the Air

阿德莱德·米思克向政府建议,创办空中学校。

旁白 neutral

The first broadcast was from Alice Springs in 1951, using the Flying Doctor's radio

第一次广播于1951年从爱丽丝泉发出,使用的是飞行医生的无线电。

旁白 neutral

Now there are more than 16 Schools of the Air around Australia

如今,澳大利亚各地有超过16所空中学校。

旁白 neutral

Mom said that back then, the radio didn't sound so clear

妈妈说,那时候,广播听起来没那么清晰。

旁白 neutral

There were often breaks and strange noises

经常会有中断和奇怪的噪音。

旁白 neutral

The teacher even had to power the radio with her feet!

老师甚至得用脚来给无线电发电!

旁白 neutral

Of course things have changed. The Internet and satellites mean that radio lessons may disappear altogether

当然,情况已经变了。互联网和卫星意味着广播课程可能会彻底消失。

旁白 neutral

In the future I will probably use an electronic whiteboard and receive my lessons via satellite

将来我可能会使用电子白板,通过卫星来接收我的课程。

旁白 neutral

In the meantime I enjoy my lessons over the airwaves

眼下,我还是很享受通过电波上课。

旁白 neutral

Over and out!

通话完毕!