Level 7 · 单集故事
🎬

E02 · Episodes

002 泰坦尼克号:梦之船

泰坦尼克号:梦之船

Little Fox Level 7 · Single Stories · Episode 2 — 泰坦尼克号:梦之船.

73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

One chilly evening in Belfast, Ireland, in 1907, my family huddled around the dinner table

1907年,爱尔兰贝尔法斯特,一个寒冷的傍晚,我们一家人挤在餐桌旁。

旁白 neutral

It was late, and there was barely enough coal to keep the fire going

天色已晚,煤只勉强够让炉火不灭。

旁白 neutral

My name is Rashida and my sister's name is Jamila

我叫拉希达,妹妹叫贾米拉。

旁白 neutral

We sat shivering and hungry. Our parents had just finished work — Papa as a shipbuilder and Mama as a cook

我们哆哆嗦嗦、饥肠辘辘地坐着。父母刚下工——爸爸是造船工人,妈妈是厨娘。

旁白 neutral

Mama dished out steaming lamb and vegetables

妈妈端上了热气腾腾的羊肉和蔬菜。

旁白 neutral

Papa, usually very talkative at dinner, was unusually quiet

平日里在饭桌上总是滔滔不绝的爸爸,今天却异乎寻常地沉默。

旁白 neutral

When we finished, he spoke." Last year we left our homeland of Lebanon and immigrated to Ireland

吃完饭后,他开了口。“去年我们离开故土黎巴嫩,移民到了爱尔兰。

旁白 neutral

We work hard here, yet we can't save money!

我们在这里拼命干活,可就是攒不下钱!

旁白 neutral

Some Irish people treat us like dirt!

有些爱尔兰人根本看不起我们!

旁白 neutral

I have heard about America, a land full of immigrants

我听说美国是个遍地移民的地方。

旁白 neutral

Anybody who works hard there can buy land and have a decent life!"

在那儿只要肯干,就能买到地,过上好日子!

旁白 neutral

Mama frowned

妈妈皱起了眉头。

旁白 neutral

" Let's leave Ireland and take a boat to America!" Papa continued excitedly

“咱们离开爱尔兰,乘船去美国吧!”爸爸兴奋地接着说。

旁白 neutral

" We can't afford the tickets!" Mama exclaimed

“我们买不起船票啊!”妈妈大声说。

旁白 neutral

" We must be patient and save," Papa said confidently, his eyes shining

“我们必须耐心攒钱,”爸爸自信地说,眼睛闪着光。

旁白 neutral

" It may take years, but eventually our dreams will come true!"

“也许要好几年,但总有一天梦想会实现!”

旁白 neutral

My mother smiled, and I knew everything would be all right

妈妈笑了,我知道一切都会好起来的。

旁白 neutral

A new home didn't sound so bad!

新家听起来还真不赖!

旁白 neutral

On that same chilly evening in 1907 in Belfast, another plan was being hatched over dinner

就在1907年同一个寒冷的傍晚,贝尔法斯特的一场晚餐上,另一个计划正在悄悄酝酿。

旁白 neutral

The two men at this dinner were from a shipping company and a shipbuilding company

餐桌上这两位男士,一位来自航运公司,一位来自造船公司。

旁白 neutral

The topic of conversation was ocean liners, specifically, a plan to build three ships that would be bigger and faster than any other ship

他们谈论的话题是远洋客轮,具体来说,是一个建造三艘比任何船都更大更快的邮轮的计划。

旁白 neutral

They would be called the Olympic, the Gigantic, and the Titanic

它们将分别被命名为奥林匹克号、巨人号和泰坦尼克号。

旁白 neutral

Three years later, the men's dream came true; the order to construct these three great ships was read out to the workers in the Belfast shipyards

三年后,这些人的梦想成真了;在贝尔法斯特造船厂,向工人们宣读了建造这三艘巨轮的命令。

旁白 neutral

As my father and the other men listened to the specifications for the Titanic, they gasped

当我的父亲和其他人听到泰坦尼克号的规格时,都倒吸了一口凉气。

旁白 neutral

They had never built a ship of this size and power!

他们从未建造过如此庞大和强劲的船!

旁白 neutral

It would be almost 3 football fields in length and 12 stories high

它将有差不多三个足球场那么长,十二层楼那么高。

旁白 neutral

The Titanic was advertised as " practically unsinkable," because the ship would have special watertight sections

泰坦尼克号被宣传为“几乎不会沉没”,因为它将拥有特殊的水密隔舱。

旁白 neutral

Papa heard the Titanic's captain, Edward Smith, say that the ship " could be cut in half, and each half would remain afloat almost indefinitely."

爸爸听到泰坦尼克号的船长爱德华·史密斯说,这船“即使被切成两半,每一半也能几乎无限期地漂浮在水面上。”

旁白 neutral

People were amazed, and many bought tickets for its maiden voyage, including my own papa

人们惊叹不已,许多人购买了它的首航船票,包括我爸爸。

旁白 neutral

A third-class ticket from England to New York was about $35, equivalent to $1,000 today

一张从英格兰到纽约的三等舱船票大约是35美元,相当于现在的1000美元。

旁白 neutral

This was far less than a first-class ticket, which was around $2,500, or $60,000 today

这比一等舱票便宜得多,一等舱票价约2500美元,相当于今天的6万美元。

旁白 neutral

The Titanic was ready for departure on April 10, 1912, from Southampton, England

1912年4月10日,泰坦尼克号准备从英国南安普顿启航。

旁白 neutral

Thousands of people stood on the dock to wave good-bye and witness this historic event

数千人站在码头上挥手告别,见证这一历史性事件。

旁白 neutral

Papa, Mama, Jamila, and I waved to the crowd excitedly. We were off to America!

爸爸、妈妈、贾米拉和我兴奋地向人群挥手。我们要去美国了!

旁白 neutral

Over the first few days, Jamila and I explored the lower decks

头几天,贾米拉和我探索了下层甲板。

旁白 neutral

We met a crewman who told us the Titanic had a swimming pool, Turkish saunas, a gym

我们遇到一名船员,他告诉我们泰坦尼克号上有游泳池、土耳其浴室、健身房,

旁白 neutral

and a darkroom — only for the first-class passengers of course

还有一个暗房——当然,只供头等舱乘客使用。

旁白 neutral

Jamila and I played with the other children in third class. Their families were immigrants too

贾米拉和我和三等舱的其他孩子一起玩耍。他们的家人也都是移民。

旁白 neutral

In the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, thousands of immigrants were arriving in New York every day

在19世纪和20世纪早期,每天都有成千上万的移民抵达纽约。

旁白 neutral

They mainly came from Ireland, Italy, Germany, and Eastern Europe

他们主要来自爱尔兰、意大利、德国和东欧。

旁白 neutral

Some came from the Middle East, like me!

有些人来自中东,就像我一样!

旁白 neutral

On the third night on the Titanic, I felt a little bump. I immediately woke up Papa

在泰坦尼克号上的第三晚,我感到轻轻震了一下,立刻叫醒了爸爸。

旁白 neutral

He went away and talked to a sailor and found out that the ship had hit an iceberg!

他出去找一位船员交谈,得知船撞上了冰山!

旁白 neutral

Papa said," They're going to launch the lifeboats, but they said we'll be back on board for breakfast

爸爸说:“他们要放救生艇了,但说我们早上还能回船上吃早餐。”

旁白 neutral

Nothing to worry about!" He told Jamila and me to hold Mama's hand

没什么好担心的!”他叫我和贾米拉抓紧妈妈的手。

旁白 neutral

We all left the cabin and went down the corridor to find the stairs

我们都离开了客舱,沿着走廊去找楼梯。

旁白 neutral

They were locked! Hundreds of scared and confused third-class passengers were clinging to the locked gates

楼梯门锁上了!成百上千名惊恐困惑的三等舱乘客扒着锁住的门不放。

旁白 neutral

How could we get to the lifeboats?

我们怎么才能到救生艇那儿去呢?

旁白 neutral

Papa quickly led us one way, and then another way, and eventually we found some stairs

爸爸飞快地领着我们走一条路,又换另一条路,最后总算找到了一处楼梯。

旁白 neutral

" What about everyone else?" I asked Papa as we hurried along. He didn't answer

“其他人怎么办?”我们匆忙赶路时,我问爸爸。他没有回答。

旁白 neutral

At last Mama, Papa, Jamila, and I arrived on the deck!

妈妈、爸爸、贾米拉和我终于来到了甲板上!

旁白 neutral

The officers called out for women and children to get into the lifeboats

船员们大声喊着让妇女和儿童上救生艇。

旁白 neutral

Papa kissed us and told us he would see us soon

爸爸亲吻了我们,说他很快就会和我们再见。

旁白 neutral

We tried to get into a lifeboat, but they stopped us because we were third-class passengers and not first class

我们试图登上救生艇,但他们拦住了我们,因为我们是三等舱乘客,不是一等舱的。

旁白 neutral

" First class has priority, ma'am," an officer told my mother, who was very upset

“女士,一等舱优先。”一名船员告诉母亲,她非常难过。

旁白 neutral

After several lifeboats had been launched, many of them only half-full, Mama, Jamila, and I were allowed in

好几艘救生艇被放下后——其中许多都只装了一半人——妈妈、贾米拉和我才被允许上去。

旁白 neutral

I looked desperately around for Papa. He was helping people into a lifeboat

我拼命地四处寻找爸爸。他正在帮别人上救生艇。

旁白 neutral

Some people refused to get in because they believed the Titanic could never sink

有些人拒绝上船,因为他们相信泰坦尼克号永远不会沉没。

旁白 neutral

As our lifeboat was lowered onto the water, we could hear the ship's band playing as the huge ship creaked and moaned

当我们的救生艇被放到水面时,我们听见船上的乐队在演奏,而巨大的船身正在吱嘎作响、发出呻吟。

旁白 neutral

As our boat rowed away from the sinking ship, Mama and I could hear the panic on board

当我们的船划离正在下沉的巨轮时,我和妈妈能听到船上的恐慌。

旁白 neutral

People were rushing about on the deck, looking for lifeboats and screaming

人们在甲板上跑来跑去,寻找着救生艇,尖叫着。

旁白 neutral

Mama put her hands over my ears and Jamila's. It was horrible

妈妈用手捂住我和贾米拉的耳朵。那真是太可怕了。

旁白 neutral

I saw the huge ship tip so that one end stood straight up in the water, and then it disappeared into the deep, dark ocean

我看见那艘巨轮船身倾斜,一头直直地立在水里,然后就消失在了深邃、黑暗的海洋中。

旁白 neutral

The ship was gone, the screams were gone, and Papa was gone

船消失了,尖叫声消失了,爸爸也不见了。

旁白 neutral

I tried not to think as we waited in the lifeboat

在救生艇上等待时,我努力什么都不去想。

旁白 neutral

At dawn a ship called the Carpathia picked us up

黎明时分,一艘叫卡帕西亚号的船救起了我们。

旁白 neutral

As we stood on the deck, wrapped in blankets, I waited for Papa's arrival in a lifeboat

当我们裹着毯子站在甲板上时,我等待着爸爸乘着某艘救生艇到来。

旁白 neutral

But Mama said," You won't see Papa anymore, Rashida," and turned back to look at the sea

但是妈妈说:“你再也见不到爸爸了,拉什达。”然后转身望向大海。

旁白 neutral

Of all the 2,201 people on board the Titanic, only 711 survived. Why did this " unsinkable " ship sink?

泰坦尼克号上2201人中,只有711人生还。这艘“永不沉没”的船为什么会沉?

旁白 neutral

Perhaps the ship was going too fast, iceberg warnings were ignored, or the ship's design was defective

也许是船开得太快,也许是冰山的警告被忽视了,又或者是船的设计有缺陷。

旁白 neutral

The ship's owners had dreams of its success

船主们曾梦想着它大获成功。

旁白 neutral

Its passengers had dreams of a new life in America

乘客们曾梦想着在美国开始新生活。

旁白 neutral

But that night all of their dreams sank with the great ship, the Titanic

但在那个夜晚,他们所有的梦想都随着那艘巨轮——泰坦尼克号,一同沉没了。