E64 · Episodes
064 愚人节
愚人节
Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 64 — 愚人节.
49 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The origin of April Fool's Day dates back so long ago that it is not clear when or how it got started
愚人节的起源很久远,已经不清楚具体是何时、如何开始的。
旁白 neutral
Some people say the day for fooling began in France when a king agreed to change the yearly calendar
有人说这个捉弄人的节日始于法国,当时一位国王同意更改年历。
旁白 neutral
He moved New Year's Day from April 1 to January 1
他把元旦从4月1日改到了1月1日。
旁白 neutral
It was difficult to communicate in those days, so many people did not hear about the change
那个年代通讯不便,很多人没听说这个改动。
旁白 neutral
Some people continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April 1
一些人仍在4月1日庆祝元旦。
旁白 neutral
These people were called April Fools
这些人就被叫作“四月愚人”。
旁白 neutral
When the king announced the new calendar, the neighbors in one village discussed it
国王宣布新历法后,某个村子的邻居们议论起来。
旁白 neutral
" Hey, did you hear that we have a new calendar?" said one
“嘿,你听说我们有了新日历吗?”一个人说。
旁白 neutral
" Yes, New Year's Day does not fall on April 1 anymore
“听说了,元旦不再是4月1日了。
旁白 neutral
Now, it is on January 1," said the other
现在是1月1日。”另一个人说。
旁白 neutral
" Now we have to celebrate New Year's Day in January when it is cold."
“现在我们得在寒冷的一月份过元旦了。”
旁白 neutral
" That's right. By the way, do you think Louis knows about this?"
“是啊。话说回来,你觉得路易知道这事吗?”
旁白 neutral
" The whole village knows, but Louis will not accept it
“全村人都知道了,但路易才不会接受呢。”
旁白 neutral
As you know, he is a stubborn man."
“你也知道,他是个固执的家伙。”
旁白 neutral
Louis always insisted on being right
路易总是坚持自己是对的。
旁白 neutral
He did not listen very well to others, and his neighbors did not like him
他不爱听别人说话,邻居们也都不喜欢他。
旁白 neutral
" Louis always thinks that he is right."
“路易总以为自己是对的。”
旁白 neutral
" Yes, he does. Even when he is wrong, he never admits it," they said
“可不是嘛。就算他错了,也从不认账。”他们说道。
旁白 neutral
When Louis walked by, they called out," Hey, Louis! Do you know we have to celebrate New Year's Day on January 1?"
路易经过时,他们喊道:“嘿,路易!你知道我们得在1月1号过元旦了吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Ha-ha! You believe that rumor?" Louis laughed
“哈哈!你们居然信那种谣言?”路易笑道。
旁白 neutral
" We always celebrate the New Year on April 1. You are so foolish!"
“我们总是在4月1日庆祝新年。你们太傻了!”
旁白 neutral
His neighbors decided this was a chance to play a trick on him
他的邻居们觉得这是个捉弄他的好机会。
旁白 neutral
" Ha-ha! This is going to be fun!" they laughed
“哈哈!这下有好戏看了!”他们笑着说。
旁白 neutral
The next day, Louis' neighbor called him into his house
第二天,路易的邻居把他叫进了屋里。
旁白 neutral
" Hey Louis, will you do me a favor?"
“嘿,路易,帮我个忙好吗?”
旁白 neutral
" If I can," Louis said
“能帮的我一定帮。”路易说。
旁白 neutral
" Look, I broke my leg," said his neighbor," so I cannot deliver this important message to the lord of the next village
“你看,我摔断了腿,”他的邻居说,“所以我没法把这封重要的信送给邻村的领主了。
旁白 neutral
Will you take it for me?"
你能替我送去吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I have work to do," said Louis
“我还有活儿要干呢。”路易说。
旁白 neutral
" But it is not far to the next village, so I'll do it. But just this once!"
“不过,去邻村也不算远,那我就去吧。但就这一次!”
旁白 neutral
Louis went to the next village and knocked at the door of the lord
路易去了邻村,敲响了领主家的门。
旁白 neutral
" Hi, this letter is from our village," he said when a servant answered
“你好,这封信是我们村送来的。”一个仆人应门时,他说道。
旁白 neutral
The servant read the letter and laughed." Interesting! But I am sorry
仆人读完信,笑了。“有意思!不过很抱歉,
旁白 neutral
This letter is not for the lord of this village
这封信不是给本村领主的。
旁白 neutral
Would you deliver this to the lord in the next village?"
你能把它送给下一个村的领主吗?”
旁白 neutral
So Louis went to the next village
于是,路易又去了下一个村子。
旁白 neutral
The servant of the lord of that village also laughed when he read it
那个村子领主的仆人读信时,也笑了起来。
旁白 neutral
" Thank you, but this letter is not for my master
“谢谢你,不过这信不是给我家主人的。
旁白 neutral
Please take it over to the lord of the next village."
请把它送到下一个村的领主那儿去吧。”
旁白 neutral
Louis thought this was very strange
路易觉得这事太奇怪了。
旁白 neutral
" Didn't my friend know the right village to send this letter to?" he wondered
“难道我的朋友不知道这信该送到哪个村子吗?”他纳闷道。
旁白 neutral
" The next village is too far away. I think that I have walked far enough!
“下一个村子太远了。我觉得我走得够多了!
旁白 neutral
My friend must be wrong! I will return the letter to him."
我朋友肯定弄错了!我要把信还给他。”
旁白 neutral
So Louis returned home. He was very tired
就这样,路易回家了。他累坏了。
旁白 neutral
He sat at his table and thought," Hmm, why did everyone laugh when they read this letter?"
他坐在桌旁思忖:“嗯,为什么大家读这封信的时候都在笑呢?”
旁白 neutral
Out of curiosity, he opened it
出于好奇,他拆开了信。
旁白 neutral
The letter said: The new calendar moved New Year's Day from April 1 to January 1
信上写道:新历法把元旦从4月1日改到了1月1日。
旁白 neutral
But I will celebrate New Year's Day on April 1 because I refuse to change
但我偏要在4月1日庆祝新年,因为我拒绝改变。
旁白 neutral
I am an April Fool. Please send me to the lord of the next village
我是个“四月愚人”。请把我送到下一个村的领主那儿。