E47 · Episodes
047 庞贝古城末日
庞贝古城末日
Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 47 — 庞贝古城末日.
57 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The day my life changed began like any other day
改变我一生的那天,起初和平日别无两样。
旁白 neutral
I stayed home and watched our slave Sofia prepare lunch
我待在家里,看我们家的奴隶索菲亚准备午餐。
旁白 neutral
Pompeii was a rich city near the mountain Vesuvius
庞贝是一座富裕的城市,坐落在维苏威火山附近。
旁白 neutral
Most families in Pompeii had three to five slaves
庞贝的大多数家庭都有三到五个奴隶。
旁白 neutral
Our slaves were treated like family, and Sofia was my best friend
我们家的奴隶被当作家人一样对待,索菲亚是我最好的朋友。
旁白 neutral
My mother was at the market selling fish, and my father and brothers were fishing
我母亲在市场上卖鱼,父亲和哥哥们则在捕鱼。
旁白 neutral
A little before noon, Sofia and I took lunch to my mother
临近中午的时候,我和索菲亚给母亲送午饭去。
旁白 neutral
The market was crowded, and I didn't want to stay there, so I said," Mom, Sofia and I will take lunch to Father and my brothers."
市场上拥挤不堪,我不想多待,于是说道:“妈妈,我和索菲亚去给父亲和哥哥们送饭吧。”
旁白 neutral
My mother looked at me and said," Go. We're almost finished here."
母亲看了看我,说:“去吧。我们这边快忙完了。”
旁白 neutral
Sofia and I left. We were both happy to be free of the city
索菲亚和我离开了。能离开城里,我们俩都很开心。
旁白 neutral
We walked through the Gate of Neptune and bowed to the god
我们穿过尼普顿之门,向神祇鞠了一躬。
旁白 neutral
It was a short walk from the gate to the marina
从城门到码头,走不了多远。
旁白 neutral
My father's boat wasn't there, so Sofia and I sat on the dock and soaked our feet in the cool waters of the Mediterranean
父亲的船不在那里,于是我和索菲亚坐在码头上,把脚泡在地中海清凉的海水里。
旁白 neutral
Sofia shaded her eyes with one hand and suddenly shouted," There's your father!"
索菲亚用一只手遮住眼睛,突然喊道:“你父亲在那儿!”
旁白 neutral
Sofia and I waited on my father and brothers as they ate, while three slaves took the fish off my father's boat
父亲和哥哥们吃饭时,我和索菲亚在一旁伺候,这时三个奴隶正把鱼从父亲的船上搬下来。
旁白 neutral
" How was the catch?" I asked my father
“捕鱼怎么样?”我问父亲。
旁白 neutral
" Fair," he replied
“还行。”他回答。
旁白 neutral
" It's so hot," I said." I don't want to go back to the city."
“天太热了,”我说,“我不想回城里去了。”
旁白 neutral
" Let's take the boat out and go for a swim in the cooler, deeper water," my brother suggested
“咱们把船开出去,到凉快些的深水里游个泳吧。”哥哥提议道。
旁白 neutral
" Can we?" I asked my father
“可以吗?”我问父亲。
旁白 neutral
My father could never say no to me, since I was his youngest and his favorite
父亲从不对我说不,因为我是他最小的孩子,也最受宠爱。
旁白 neutral
He looked at me and then at my brother
他看看我,又看看哥哥。
旁白 neutral
" Marcus Octavius, you can take Julia and Sofia out, but no fooling around
“马库斯·奥克塔维厄斯,你可以带茱莉亚和索菲亚出海,但不许胡闹。
旁白 neutral
I expect you to be back by sunset."
日落之前必须回来。”
旁白 neutral
" Thank you, Father," I said
“谢谢父亲。”我说。
旁白 neutral
My brother took us out into the Bay of Naples
哥哥带我们驶入了那不勒斯湾。
旁白 neutral
The coastline was beautiful in the sunshine
阳光下的海岸线美极了。
旁白 neutral
My brother dropped the anchor and said," Let's swim!"
哥哥抛下锚,说:“我们游泳吧!”
旁白 neutral
He dove in and then Sofia and I followed
他一头扎进水里,索菲亚和我也跟着跳了下去。
旁白 neutral
The water was refreshing and cool
海水清凉舒爽。
旁白 neutral
As we were splashing and playing in the water, we heard a thunderous roar, and the sky became dark
我们正在水里嬉戏玩闹,突然听到一声雷霆般的巨响,天空顿时暗了下来。
旁白 neutral
We couldn't see anything; day had become night
我们什么也看不见,白昼变成了黑夜。
旁白 neutral
My brother climbed back into the boat, and he helped Sofia and me get in
哥哥爬回船上,又把我和索菲亚拉了上去。
旁白 neutral
My brother was a good sailor, so he knew where to go even though we couldn't see
哥哥是个好水手,尽管什么也看不清,他却知道该往哪儿去。
旁白 neutral
As we got closer to shore, it became harder to breathe
离岸边越来越近,呼吸也变得越发困难。
旁白 neutral
The air was filled with dust and bad-smelling gases
空气中弥漫着灰尘和难闻的气体。
旁白 neutral
We could also see large flaming rocks shooting out of the mountain and a river of red flowing down its side
我们还看见巨大的火石从山间喷出,山坡上流下一道红色的河流。
旁白 neutral
Sofia and I held each other and watched
我和索菲亚紧拥着,目睹着这一切。
旁白 neutral
My brother said," It's gone! It's all gone!
哥哥说:“没了!全没了!
旁白 neutral
The marina, the city, our home — it's all gone," he cried out
码头,城市,我们的家——全都没了。”他哭喊着。
旁白 neutral
" How can you tell?" I asked
“你怎么知道?”我问道。
旁白 neutral
" It all looks so strange, like some awful dream."
“一切看起来都那么奇怪,像一场可怕的噩梦。”
旁白 neutral
" It's gone," he said quietly
“都没了。”他轻声说。
旁白 neutral
" I use Mount Vesuvius as a guide, but half the mountain is missing, and our city has gone with it."
“我一直把维苏威火山当方向标,但现在半座山都没了,我们的城市也随之消失了。”
旁白 neutral
I held Sofia tighter and cried
我把索菲亚抱得更紧了,哭了起来。
旁白 neutral
It seemed like it was the end of the world
仿佛世界末日来临了。
旁白 neutral
My brother turned the boat back out to sea
哥哥把船头掉转向,回到大海。
旁白 neutral
The next day, we landed in Sorrento with Vesuvius still smoking and flaming in the background
第二天,我们在索伦托登陆,远处的维苏威火山仍在冒烟喷火。
旁白 neutral
Our city was gone, but we remained
我们的城市消失了,但我们活了下来。
旁白 neutral
My brother married Sofia and continued to fish
哥哥娶了索菲亚,继续以打鱼为生。
旁白 neutral
I married a lemon merchant from Sorrento, but I never forgot the last day of Pompeii
我嫁给了一个索伦托的柠檬商人,却从未忘记庞贝的末日。
旁白 neutral
Mount Vesuvius erupted on August 24, 79 AD
公元79年8月24日,维苏威火山爆发了。
旁白 neutral
It destroyed Pompeii and killed most of the twenty thousand people who lived there
它摧毁了庞贝城,夺走了当地两万居民中大多数人的生命。
旁白 neutral
The city disappeared, buried under seven to eight meters of dust, rock, and ash
整座城市消失了,被埋在七八米厚的尘土、石块和火山灰之下。
旁白 neutral
After 1,700 years Pompeii was rediscovered, and many of its buildings, monuments, and houses were uncovered and restored
1700年后,庞贝城被重新发现,许多建筑、遗迹和房屋被发掘并修复。
旁白 neutral
Today it is a famous tourist attraction
如今,它是一处著名的旅游胜地。
旁白 neutral
Pompeii is a reminder to us all of the power of nature
庞贝提醒着我们所有人,大自然的力量何其强大。